Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Watch My Back By James Onyelucheya (a Poem For Nigeria For 2015) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Watch My Back By James Onyelucheya (a Poem For Nigeria For 2015) (618 Views)

Not Yet Uhuru! | By James Ogunjimi |an African Story / Now Is Your Time Nigeria- A Poem By James Onyelucheya For Nigerian Independence / James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Watch My Back By James Onyelucheya (a Poem For Nigeria For 2015) by crunchyg: 9:52am On Sep 15, 2014
James Onyelucheya is a creative writer and a Nairalander as well, he has written so many wonderful pieces which has won awards and top lists of so many creative writing competitions. The motivation of this poem came as a result of what is currently happening in Nigeria especially the Boko Haram issue and the cold war going on between the Muslims and the Christians in this Nation. If only we will be able to see ourselves as brothers and sisters in this country, Nigeria will definitely be a happy place to stay. Enjoy the poem

WATCH MY BACK By James Onyelucheya
I heard your cry in the wilderness, the cry of hunger, shelter and security.
The sun is too scouchy and the ground too rocky.
You shouted, who will save me from this dilemma and i came to your rescue.
Because of you i have tilled the ground and cultivated.
My hands are soily so that your mouth can be oily.
In the past they believed in crude oil but now we believe in palm oil.
Come my fathers son lets join hands together and put food on our mother’s table.
But instead, you see me as a Jew, and you as a Gentile, and because of that you have taken me as an enemy while I see you as a killer.
But lets not forget that we are from the same mother, suckled the same breast and bearing the same surname but we fight like two giant walls seperated by tower of Babel.
My mother’s son! Come 2015 Watch my back, so i can watch your own back and together we can save each other and restore the glory of our fatherland Nigeria. STAY TUNED FOR MORE

(1) (Reply)

Judge Me By The Footprints I Leave Behind / True Facts Of World & The Hereafter / Kamsi - Episode 3. A Short Series

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.