Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,174 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

Why Do Most Nigerian Families Like To Cook Rice On Sundays? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Do Most Nigerian Families Like To Cook Rice On Sundays? (659 Views)

Suggest Another Nigerian Meal That Can Replace RICE On Festive Occasions. / 10 Ways You Didn’t Know To Cook An Egg / Is There Any Special Dish You Eat On Sundays? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Most Nigerian Families Like To Cook Rice On Sundays? by hippyj(m): 4:35pm On Sep 15, 2014
I was chatting with my friends on whatsapp,i asked one of them what she ate yesterday ( being Sunday) she said RICE. I asked another person and he said they cooked rice. After my questions,the answers showed that about 80% of the families cooked rice on Sunday.Now my question to you is did your family (or you) cook rice on Sunday?Does Sunday rice have special taste?As for me,i like and derive joy in eating Sunday rice. grin
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Families Like To Cook Rice On Sundays? by lirusehn(m): 4:49pm On Sep 15, 2014
where is your precious brain?

U asked just two b*tchez and came up with 80% eating rice on sundayz?

U seriously need a medic undecided
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Families Like To Cook Rice On Sundays? by hippyj(m): 5:05pm On Sep 15, 2014
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Families Like To Cook Rice On Sundays? by Jennydoris(f): 5:14pm On Sep 15, 2014
I don't know why it's like that here in Nigeria but I think it has become a widespread or usual practice in our country. It has become a custom that every family cooks rice on Sundays irrespective of how it's been cooked. And seriously 90 out of 100 families are really enjoying it especially growing families, I mean families that still have little children with them. There is this joy that kids have in them on Sundays when their mum is preparing rice for the family, they will feel so bad to find out that they won't be eating rice on Sunday. They will be happy to eat rice in any other day of the week but will be very much happier to eat that same rice on Sunday. In fact eating rice on Sundays has become a norm especially here in Nigeria that it's only God that will explain why it is so. As for I and my siblings we don't get tired of eating rice in anyway it's been prepared on Sundays. But we do get tired of eating rice no matter how it's been prepared on festive periods especially on Christmas days. grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Families Like To Cook Rice On Sundays? by aboyaji(m): 8:06pm On Sep 15, 2014
because, that the day we choose to prepare ours.

(1) (Reply)

Americans Throw Out Morefood Than Plastic, Paper,metal, And Glass / Jumia Nigeria Amazing Sales @ Great Discount Prices / 6 Annoying Common Cooking Mistakes & Their Solutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.