Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Ebola: Rivers Government To Shut Down Schools Without Pipe-borne Water - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ebola: Rivers Government To Shut Down Schools Without Pipe-borne Water (6686 Views)

NASU, ASUU, Others Threaten To Shut Down UNN / NUT Threatens To Shut Down Schools Over ASUU Strike / Teachers In Lagos-state Shut Down Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebola: Rivers Government To Shut Down Schools Without Pipe-borne Water by Wisdytech(m): 8:46pm On Sep 15, 2014
Port Harcourt – The Rivers Government on Monday warned that it would shut down any primary or secondary school without pipe borne water.

Miss Alice Nemi, the State Commissioner for Education, gave the warning in Port Harcourt during a sensitisation workshop for teachers in the state on Ebola Virus Disease (EVD).

The workshop was jointly organised by the state ministries of education and health for teachers in public and private schools.

The commissioner said that potable water would ensure that the teachers, pupils and students washed their hands regularly with soap.

Nemi, however, did not say when inspection of the schools would start to know schools without the facility.

NAN reports that regular hand washing and avoidance of body contact are essential to prevent the spread of Ebola virus.

Dr Dora Era, a member of Ebola Emergency Response Committee (EERC) in Rivers, said that the Infra Red Thermometer was being used to check temperature of persons entering the state.

She said that many victims of Ebola virus were health workers and that many Liberians died because health workers did not handle the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) properly.

The proper ways to wash hands and use the PPE were demonstrated to participants.

A participant, on condition of anonymity, said that although the workshop was not properly organised, teachers had known the basic things in any outbreak in school environment.

The participant said that he was now better informed than ever about Ebola. (NAN)

READ MORE: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/09/ebola-rivers-government-shut-schools-without-pipe-borne-water/

http://brainnewsng.com/ebola-rivers-government-to-shut-down-schools-without-pipe-borne-water/
Re: Ebola: Rivers Government To Shut Down Schools Without Pipe-borne Water by fiverrwin(f): 8:52pm On Sep 15, 2014
We here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ebola: Rivers Government To Shut Down Schools Without Pipe-borne Water by otabuko(m): 9:46pm On Sep 15, 2014
Will schools in Rivers state now be opening on 22nd of September?
Re: Ebola: Rivers Government To Shut Down Schools Without Pipe-borne Water by justi4jesu(f): 6:25am On Sep 16, 2014
Okay you guys should keep my state flag flying cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Rivers Government To Shut Down Schools Without Pipe-borne Water by eleojo23: 6:25am On Sep 16, 2014
Who is supposed to provide the pipe-borne water?

13 Likes

Re: Ebola: Rivers Government To Shut Down Schools Without Pipe-borne Water by datbay(m): 6:26am On Sep 16, 2014
Hmmm,the fear of ebola
Re: Ebola: Rivers Government To Shut Down Schools Without Pipe-borne Water by constance500: 6:26am On Sep 16, 2014
I tire for nl o cry
Re: Ebola: Rivers Government To Shut Down Schools Without Pipe-borne Water by seuncyber(m): 6:27am On Sep 16, 2014
Nice move
Re: Ebola: Rivers Government To Shut Down Schools Without Pipe-borne Water by ichidodo: 6:28am On Sep 16, 2014
Why close down schools 80% of our students attend because of Ebola when you can delay resumption till the outbreak dies down and that wil not take too long..

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: Rivers Government To Shut Down Schools Without Pipe-borne Water by Funfreak: 6:28am On Sep 16, 2014
I do think they are kinda taking this too far....................
Re: Ebola: Rivers Government To Shut Down Schools Without Pipe-borne Water by Nobody: 6:28am On Sep 16, 2014
So,shouldn't the schools have water 24/7 ebola or not? What kind of schools wont have water. ......

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Rivers Government To Shut Down Schools Without Pipe-borne Water by msmon(m): 6:29am On Sep 16, 2014
Drastic action! A laudable idea to prevent the spread of EBOV but I have a kuestion. Who will provide the pipe borne water?, isn't it government basic function to provide social amenities?.

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: Rivers Government To Shut Down Schools Without Pipe-borne Water by 9jvirgin(m): 6:29am On Sep 16, 2014
Na wao! Wetin we ne go hear? The Government Role is to provide pipe borne water and not shut down schools with no pipe borne water. Unless they are referring to private schools sha....

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Rivers Government To Shut Down Schools Without Pipe-borne Water by OLAplusONE(m): 6:30am On Sep 16, 2014
Before I commend this step taken by RSG. I wish to know if they've provided pipe borne water all through the nooks and crannies of the state? If Yes, thumbs up to the state govt, but if No......................

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Rivers Government To Shut Down Schools Without Pipe-borne Water by sapientia(m): 6:30am On Sep 16, 2014
Knowledge is power
Re: Ebola: Rivers Government To Shut Down Schools Without Pipe-borne Water by dridowu: 6:30am On Sep 16, 2014
The scare of ebola is the beginning of wisdom for Nigeria government at large.
Re: Ebola: Rivers Government To Shut Down Schools Without Pipe-borne Water by Naofficial: 6:31am On Sep 16, 2014
Best solution ever! Keep it up Rotimi!
Re: Ebola: Rivers Government To Shut Down Schools Without Pipe-borne Water by Wisdytech(m): 6:33am On Sep 16, 2014
Funfreak: I do think they are kinda taking this too far....................
REMEMBER? PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN TO CURE.
Re: Ebola: Rivers Government To Shut Down Schools Without Pipe-borne Water by phransix147(m): 6:33am On Sep 16, 2014
Pls include 1,000 cartons of sanitizers to the requirements pls... Cos my container of sanitizer is on the high sea! ETA is 18/9/2014 I want make dem rush am finish so I fit bring another one come in sharp sharp! My money must reach dangote own dis year...
Re: Ebola: Rivers Government To Shut Down Schools Without Pipe-borne Water by Talibanis: 6:34am On Sep 16, 2014
It's the government freaking duty to provide essential amenities like pipe borne water, security, etc..to its people!!! This country is a big joke!

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Rivers Government To Shut Down Schools Without Pipe-borne Water by santuse: 6:35am On Sep 16, 2014
Nice move RSG
Re: Ebola: Rivers Government To Shut Down Schools Without Pipe-borne Water by Afrocatalyst: 6:37am On Sep 16, 2014
Good move.
Re: Ebola: Rivers Government To Shut Down Schools Without Pipe-borne Water by nairaclass: 6:40am On Sep 16, 2014
Re: Ebola: Rivers Government To Shut Down Schools Without Pipe-borne Water by jmoore(m): 6:41am On Sep 16, 2014
A wise man thinks before talking.

How many months before you leave office? No efficient public water supply for the residents of Rivers state.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Rivers Government To Shut Down Schools Without Pipe-borne Water by Kirinwa: 6:43am On Sep 16, 2014
What of pupils that put their mouthh on the noozle?
Re: Ebola: Rivers Government To Shut Down Schools Without Pipe-borne Water by SlyIg(f): 6:44am On Sep 16, 2014
eleojo23: Who provides the pipe borne water?

my dear, ask me o.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Rivers Government To Shut Down Schools Without Pipe-borne Water by segradinho: 6:50am On Sep 16, 2014
Stil doesn't solve anything

Good news for smart phone users, you can now purchase MTN and Etisalat Data Plans for as low as N400 for 250mb, Check out
this thread on Nairaland for full details https://www.nairaland.com/1852534/mtn-etisalat-data-cheapest-rate
Re: Ebola: Rivers Government To Shut Down Schools Without Pipe-borne Water by henryobinna(m): 6:51am On Sep 16, 2014
good one.

shut 'em all down!
Re: Ebola: Rivers Government To Shut Down Schools Without Pipe-borne Water by expert1000: 6:51am On Sep 16, 2014
Most government skuls in River state dnt hav pipe borne water,nw who would b held responsible if dis skuls would b shut down?

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Rivers Government To Shut Down Schools Without Pipe-borne Water by nickvanilla(m): 6:54am On Sep 16, 2014
I thought they said naija is now ebola free.na wa 4 nl oo.
Re: Ebola: Rivers Government To Shut Down Schools Without Pipe-borne Water by Okudiover(m): 7:00am On Sep 16, 2014
eleojo23: Who provides the pipe borne water?

grin grin grin grin Good question, I think a competent high court can establish that in a typical Association of Private Secondary School vs Rivers state government.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Smellinganus, A Nairalander Graduated With A Masters Degree / The Touching Story Of An OAU Pharmacy Student / Checkout The Sexiest Teacher In America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.