Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,260 members, 7,953,994 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:29 AM

As A Nigerian Name One Thing You Have Benefited From Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / As A Nigerian Name One Thing You Have Benefited From Nigeria (988 Views)

Fayose Benefited From Arms Cash:apc / Some Of The Unforgetable Things That Kogi State Benefited From Late Prince Audu / What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Nigerian Name One Thing You Have Benefited From Nigeria by leisuretym: 9:51pm On Sep 15, 2014
as a Nigerian name one thing you have benefited from Nigeria
Be it whatever? At least one thing!
Re: As A Nigerian Name One Thing You Have Benefited From Nigeria by Greyworld: 10:09pm On Sep 15, 2014
Fraustration ........ Regrets

2 Likes

Re: As A Nigerian Name One Thing You Have Benefited From Nigeria by Activity77(m): 10:15pm On Sep 15, 2014
leisuretym: as a Nigerian name one thing you have benefited from Nigeria
Be it whatever? Just one thing!
. Lead by example @op
Re: As A Nigerian Name One Thing You Have Benefited From Nigeria by Nobody: 10:16pm On Sep 15, 2014
nothing yet
Re: As A Nigerian Name One Thing You Have Benefited From Nigeria by autofreak2020(m): 10:41pm On Sep 15, 2014
VOTERS CARD.
Re: As A Nigerian Name One Thing You Have Benefited From Nigeria by tinkinjow: 11:11pm On Sep 15, 2014
The free jokes you enjoy
Urinating freely by the roadside
Dropping waste freely in public
Talking noisily over the phone in public
Easy shopping in traffic
Free access to pirated books, movies, music, etc
Actually being able to graduate from the university even as a dunce
Having a well paid job you didn't apply, took a test, or interview for
Getting your salary even when you spend all your time running your private venture- hospital, shop, chambers, restaurant, etc

Guy you really are blessed to be a NIGERIAN!

1 Like

Re: As A Nigerian Name One Thing You Have Benefited From Nigeria by davo3286: 11:59pm On Sep 15, 2014
Op if you want to benefit from Nigeria contribute your own quota, do the right thing at all times. Things as simple as not jumping queue and performing your civic responsibilities. Remember, Nigeria doesn't make people, people make Nigeria. Had it been our parents did the right things maybe you would be benefiting a whole lot from Nigeria by now. So, my brother, think of what Nigeria can benefit from you so that you children will benefit from Nigeria. You may not live to benefit but your children or children's children will. Think about it.

Most of the time we are quick to point fingers at the presidents, governors, ministers, etc. for corruption (stealing billions) but we fail to realize that it is our parents, brothers, sisters, uncles, aunties and friends who work in the civil service assist them to steal these monies. They are the ones who show(ed) these presidents, governors, ministers, etc how to corner the money without any trace most of the time because they handle the files.

Now, to you question. One thing I have benefited from Nigeria is that I can afford to marry as many women as I want. grin
Re: As A Nigerian Name One Thing You Have Benefited From Nigeria by Mckennedy: 5:05am On Sep 16, 2014
Nothing not even ordinary sachet milk..my intl passport was purchased and not even free as my civic right.
Re: As A Nigerian Name One Thing You Have Benefited From Nigeria by red101(f): 5:26am On Sep 16, 2014
Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.
-John F Kennedy

Excellent post @davo3286

1 Like

Re: As A Nigerian Name One Thing You Have Benefited From Nigeria by Nobody: 7:33am On Sep 16, 2014
tinkinjow: The free jokes you enjoy
Urinating freely by the roadside
Dropping waste freely in public
Talking noisily over the phone in public
Easy shopping in traffic
Free access to pirated books, movies, music, etc
Actually being able to graduate from the university even as a dunce
Having a well paid job you didn't apply, took a test, or interview for
Getting your salary even when you spend all your time running your private venture- hospital, shop, chambers, restaurant, etc

Guy you really are blessed to be a NIGERIAN!

U make sense die grin I always tell people I love my country! I can shoot simebody and I will be sure never to be caught!
Re: As A Nigerian Name One Thing You Have Benefited From Nigeria by Kanwulia: 7:51am On Sep 16, 2014
My wonderful family only! kiss
The rest I have gladly done without! kiss
Re: As A Nigerian Name One Thing You Have Benefited From Nigeria by PassingShot(m): 8:21am On Sep 16, 2014
There are many. But since you want only one, I'll give you the most important one to me which is identity/nationality.

Without it, who are you?
Re: As A Nigerian Name One Thing You Have Benefited From Nigeria by tinkinjow: 10:05am On Sep 16, 2014
grin grin
wazoboy: U make sense die grin I always tell people I love my country! I can shoot simebody and I will be sure never to be caught!
cheesy
wazoboy: U make sense die grin I always tell people I love my country! I can shoot simebody and I will be sure never to be caught!
Thanks bro, just to remind us
Re: As A Nigerian Name One Thing You Have Benefited From Nigeria by Validated: 10:39am On Sep 16, 2014
Paying only N97 per litre of fuel that cost some others about N270 per litre
Paying about 25% of equivalent rent obtainable in some other West African nation
Driving a car without insurance. Even when you do you obtain 3rd party insurance at the cost of 1mnth eqv. in other climes
Abusing your president freely on NL, FB, Tweeter, etc without being detained
Killing and eating bush meat as you like
Owning a shop without obtaining registration from regulatory agencies
Carrying your Bible publicly
Blocking the roads in the name of religious programme
Divorcing your spouse without a life long payments
Paying a paltry N65 for using other bank ATM four times in a month and complaining while my brother in the US pays N1280 ($8 @ $2 per use) for doing same.

Guy, The benefits are innumerable. It is ignorance that makes some of us think that Nigeria is cursed. Please take a trip just within West Africa, not to talk of Europe, Americas or Asia. You are blessed to be a Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: As A Nigerian Name One Thing You Have Benefited From Nigeria by leisuretym: 11:06am On Sep 16, 2014
Validated: Paying only N97 per litre of fuel that cost some others about N270 per litre
Paying about 25% of equivalent rent obtainable in some other West African nation
Driving a car without insurance. Even when you do you obtain 3rd party insurance at the cost of 1mnth eqv. in other climes
Abusing your president freely on NL, FB, Tweeter, etc without being detained
Killing and eating bush meat as you like
Owning a shop without obtaining registration from regulatory agencies
Carrying your Bible publicly
Blocking the roads in the name of religious programme
Divorcing your spouse without a life long payments
Paying a paltry N65 for using other bank ATM four times in a month and complaining while my brother in the US pays N1280 ($8 @ $2 per use) for doing same.

Guy, The benefits are innumerable. It is ignorance that makes some of us think that Nigeria is cursed. Please take a trip just within West Africa, not to talk of Europe, Americas or Asia. You are blessed to be a Nigerian.

We have oil, they don't! We should be living better
Re: As A Nigerian Name One Thing You Have Benefited From Nigeria by jmoore(m): 11:41am On Sep 16, 2014

Freedom

Re: As A Nigerian Name One Thing You Have Benefited From Nigeria by red101(f): 5:35am On Sep 17, 2014
leisuretym:
We have oil, they don't! We should be living better

oil is simply a raw material. it's worthless unless you can refine it and put it to good use.
besides,the day is fast approaching when most developed countries will not need our oil anymore. they have developed technology to procure shale gas from underground.
Re: As A Nigerian Name One Thing You Have Benefited From Nigeria by otokx(m): 7:01am On Sep 17, 2014
The persistent sound of generators and the fumes thereof.

(1) (Reply)

Iranians Sentenced to 6 Months in prison, 91 Lashes over Williams "Happy" Video / The Crimes Of BUHARI By Wole Soyinka| Sahara Reporters / One Mistake Buhari Will Make Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.