Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,382 members, 7,822,792 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

And Wenger Said We Are Title Contenders: - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / And Wenger Said We Are Title Contenders: (971 Views)

Man U, Tottenham And Arsenal Are Not Title Contenders / Will Luis Suarez Turn Arsenal Into Title Contenders? / And Wenger Said We Are Title Contenders: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

And Wenger Said We Are Title Contenders: by dipo2much(m): 6:02pm On Nov 01, 2008
I have never felt as bad as I feel now asper being an arsenal fan.Now I know what Fergie meant when he said we (arsenal) are a team in transition. We may never be the same arsenal we used to be if the board of directors don't call a state of emergency. How could arsenal loose to hull at emirate,concede 4 from a tottenham thats f++ckd up and now loose to stoke city.
I am so ashamed.
Yet wenger said we are title contenders,I feel like slapping my coach.
Thumbs up to chelski n manyoo. I will leave nairaland with my bags and baggs if either if the blues or red devils don't win the premiership for the next 3 seasons sad
Yet,i will always be a gunner cry
Re: And Wenger Said We Are Title Contenders: by jossymaro(m): 6:14pm On Nov 01, 2008
men wenger should better wake up 6 goals concede in 2 matches thats so so unforgivable for a team like arsenal, really heart breaking but guess am still a gunner.
Re: And Wenger Said We Are Title Contenders: by dayokanu(m): 10:31pm On Nov 01, 2008
Did you beleive that? That was just some April fool joke tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: And Wenger Said We Are Title Contenders: by Bobbyb(m): 11:28pm On Nov 01, 2008
D truth of d matter is dat as an ARSENAL fan,i jst feel dat wenger nd d board know wat they hv already done.
Wat am trying 2 say is dat even they in their hearts of hearts know dat this team cannot achieve anything better than DECENT!!!
So they jst cm out tryng 2 deceive fans who buy SEASON TICKETS dat they r surely strong contenders.
Whereby bth wenger nd d club know dat money making is d sole priority at d moment.
Coz all said and done at d end of every season d team will still finish in a RESPECTABLE POSITION.
Re: And Wenger Said We Are Title Contenders: by manmustwac(m): 12:49pm On Nov 02, 2008
Make i tell una gunners something. You guys still fit win the premiership but the odds are against you now, and being a loyal fan is not just about winning winning winning. You have to be there for your team when they are losing too. What about me who be die hard spurs fan. My loyalty for my beloved spurs will never smiley fade even if we get relegated. And that is what being a loyal fan is all about.
Re: And Wenger Said We Are Title Contenders: by chidichris(m): 2:30pm On Nov 02, 2008
in 2004, when i noticed how ready wenger is to play with people' hearts, i called it a quit.
a club with enough money, among the big 4 and has refused to change their dancing steps with others.
mourinho admired wenger as the coach with relaxed mind because he is playing not to win anything.
the sale of viera, edu, pires, kanu, campbell, luaren, Henry(mr.arsenal), aladiera, bently, flamini, hleb and a list others did not leave the trader with enough cash to get big names from anywhere.
the mad man will always tell his fellowers that he was close to signing ronaldinho, eto, kaka, ranaldo and all the important players in the world.
clubs like man u will show you how a good club threats their old players as it was seen in the case of Roy keane and we are seeing in the case of Giggs but in the case of wenger, play and die on the pitch today and tomorrow go through the back doors like campbel, lauren and kanu but he met henry well as he could not play with his fellow country man.
arsenal's yougstars now know what future holds for them so they will always leave whenever they see the opportunity.
his salary structure is not worth discussing as he gets angry with the way other clubs spend money that the players make.
the very succeessful coach has only three premier league cups in his 13 years at emirates to compare with mourinho's two cups in three seasons.
wenger is a shit
Re: And Wenger Said We Are Title Contenders: by Nautillus(m): 12:42pm On Nov 03, 2008
The dude above me has said it all . . .its gonna be another your for Arsenal without any trophy. . . .Good luck to you guyz

As a magnanimous group . . .we still have member ship for and enough space to take you guyz in at Stampford Bridge . . . .and guess what . . . .the form is free . . . . .zero charge . . .we don't need your money(s) cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: And Wenger Said We Are Title Contenders: by javalove(m): 1:12pm On Nov 03, 2008
[size=8pt]
Arsenal Lack Spine
[/size]

Stoke City goalkeeper Thomas Sorensen believes Arsenal lack 'that bit of spine' to challenge for the title, as they suffered a fresh setback on Saturday after a 2-1 defeat at the Brittania stadium.

Empics

Arsenal's Robin Van Persie is dismissed for violent conduct

The Gunners were undone by Rory Delap's long throw-ins and Sorensen dismissed their prospects of overhauling current leaders Chelsea.

"I think with the way the other teams are playing, it's going to be really hard for them," said Sorensen in The Sun.

"They are a fantastic football side, but they are just lacking that bit of physicality.

"When Chelsea came here, they matched us in the challenges, but Arsenal weren't quite there. That's the difference. They lack that bit of spine you need.

"They want to play all the time and sometimes you have to work hard and earn that opportunity to play your football.

"I've played against Arsenal a lot of times and I expected much more of them.

"They have their excellent players, like Cesc Fabregas. But they didn't find the fifth gear they normally do.

"Once we got the second goal it felt like WE were cruising. They totally lost belief. I think they expected a bit of an easier ride and no one's going to get that here."

Arsenal also had Robin van Persie sent off for barging into Sorensen and the Danish keeper admits he played a role in the Dutchman's dismissal.

He added: "I was teasing Robin. You could see in his eyes the frustration. I used that."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=588580&sec=england&cc=3888
Re: And Wenger Said We Are Title Contenders: by MrCrackles(m): 1:15pm On Nov 03, 2008
We could be contenders and we could challenge for the title
BUT
We aint gona win fuc.k-all again, we are not simply good enough!! and that wont change my loyalty to the team
Re: And Wenger Said We Are Title Contenders: by HNIC(m): 2:06pm On Nov 03, 2008
Nautillus:

The dude above me has said it all . . .its going to be another your for Arsenal without any trophy. . . .Good luck to you guys

As a magnanimous group . . .we still have member ship for and enough space to take you guys in at Stampford Bridge . . . .and guess what . . . .the form is free . . . . .zero charge . . .we don't need your money(s) cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Hope what was highlighhted was a typo!!! grin grin
If it was, correct yourself, son!!!
And if it wasn't , please tell us the team that plays at Stampford bridge grin grin grin
Re: And Wenger Said We Are Title Contenders: by Nautillus(m): 2:57pm On Nov 03, 2008
HNIC:

Hope what was highlighhted was a typo!!! grin grin
If it was, correct yourself, son!!!
And if it wasn't , please tell us the team that plays at Stampford bridge grin grin grin

of all you could say/do with this thread. . . .it was a singular "P" typo that you were the most intriged by . . . .i ain't changing it. Deal with it
Re: And Wenger Said We Are Title Contenders: by mykali(m): 6:34pm On Nov 03, 2008
arsenal used to be a club that was feared even with a whisper of their name. the pride of london they called themselves then. but ryte now, I believe Enyimba woulda preferred to play them rather than AL Ahly on the road to the CAF Champ league finals. grin

forever blues, i remain!!!
Re: And Wenger Said We Are Title Contenders: by MrCrackles(m): 6:35pm On Nov 03, 2008
mykali:

arsenal used to be a club that was feared even with a whisper of their name. the pride of london they called themselves then. but ryte now, I believe Enyimba woulda preferred to play them rather than AL Ahly on the road to the CAF Champ league finals. grin

forever blues, i remain!!!

#

dont diss my beloved club dude

or Brash is gonna light your as.s on fire!! grin
Re: And Wenger Said We Are Title Contenders: by chidichris(m): 12:46pm On Nov 04, 2008
yes arsenal are contenders but who is not? spurs, bolton, west brom etc are all contenders but the BIG question is, how far can each and every one of the 20 teams go in their contention?
how can wenger put the fate of arsenal fans in the hands of the likes of walcot and denilson who are surposed to be arsenal's tomorrow team.
the likes of fabragas shld be on the list of world player of the year nominees but tell me your club and i will tell u what to expect.
of course, van persie was frustrated and showed that and the reffree showed him red.
the next thing i am expecting from wenger is to use part of arsenal's female team to play the fa cup.
Re: And Wenger Said We Are Title Contenders: by RuuDie(m): 10:10pm On Nov 04, 2008
@ Topic/poster,

now u knw better. . . . . . .

(1) (Reply)

Nwankwo Kanu Mysterious Contract At Portsmouth F.c / Yet Another Horrific Performance By Arsenal - Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked / Argentina Vs Nigeria: Argentina Deny Messi’s Absence!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.