Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,787 members, 7,820,756 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Problem With Laptop - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Problem With Laptop (651 Views)

Help Me With Laptop. / Where Can I Learn System Engineering With Laptop Repair In Ikeja / Configuring Nokia E71 With Laptop Using Mtn Gprs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problem With Laptop by 5p1naz(m): 6:14pm On Nov 01, 2008
i really dunno wat is wrong with my laptop, i've got the avast antivirus on it, plus i got the error cleaner regcure on it also, but it just started actin funny since last week, wen i switch it on, n i input my password at the user's side it takes so so long to booth to the desktop level, it just started this funny nonsense, wat nite the problem be? pls help

Re: Problem With Laptop by femzy(m): 9:43pm On Nov 01, 2008
first things first try to remember if you installed anythang on it back then.

Boot to safe mode and if the problem persists; its most likely going to be a virus issue.

Unistall the AV and try another one that has recent definitions.
Re: Problem With Laptop by 5p1naz(m): 4:18pm On Nov 02, 2008
tnks femmy but sm1 told me it cud be that ma startup programs were too much, cud that be the case?
Re: Problem With Laptop by femzy(m): 5:48pm On Nov 02, 2008
5p1naz:

tnks femmy but sm1 told me it cud be that ma startup programs were too much, cud that be the case?

yes it might,

type msconfig in the run window and uncheck all the 3rd party utility programs that you don't deem neccesary.

Exit and restart.

Observe any changes.

hope that helps wink
Re: Problem With Laptop by 5p1naz(m): 12:32pm On Nov 09, 2008
alrite tnks bro, ima do that rite away

(1) (Reply)

Steps To Have An International Uk, China, Or Us Address / Windows Xp Tips And Tricks / Most Recent Professional Certificate Programs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.