Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,346 members, 7,954,405 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:16 PM

What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? (12819 Views)

Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) / Why Do Parents Send Their Kids To Boarding Schools? / Why Do Parents Pressure Their Daughters To Marry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? by fapcrook(m): 11:08am On Sep 17, 2014
iheanyi40: bro y r u hating na gringrin
he is always booking space
Re: What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? by brownsoldier(m): 11:28am On Sep 17, 2014
macklef:
I wunt try this, trust me.
It's mostly old school, but I heard it was really effective.
Re: What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? by Temidayo9(m): 11:35am On Sep 17, 2014
datguru: My grand mum had a device she made, I don't know how but it's for the boys, it's a pipe that would connect from your Di*k to your mouth once you are asleep. After I piss inside my mouth for the first day, that spirit leave me by force

I cant help laughing! grin angry shocked
Re: What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? by fairheven: 11:43am On Sep 17, 2014
macklef:

I stoped at 13. I definately felt embarassed when my dad took me to school that morning, i was in js3 then.
And he collaboed with my principal to disgrace me publicly. He promised to change my school next term if i stoped weeweeing.
I had no choice cry cry
Of course i dont want my kidbro to be threatened like that too.
Can u Imagine,a 13year-old girl is already betrothed in the North,an u were still bedweeweeing cheesy an u want to kill a 3year-old boy?so the best way to stop iis to put yoursef in their shoes cool
Re: What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? by sesman001(m): 12:16pm On Sep 17, 2014
datguru: My grand mum had a device she made, I don't know how but it's for the boys, it's a pipe that would connect from your Di*k to your mouth once you are asleep. After I piss inside my mouth for the first day, that spirit leave me by force
datguru: [b]My grand mum had a device she made, I don't know how but it's for the boys, it's a pipe that would connect from your Di*k to your mouth once you are asleep. After I piss inside my mouth for the first day, that spirit leave me by force
[/b]
lol what about for girls any method to do dat
Re: What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? by kukus01(m): 12:22pm On Sep 17, 2014
I believe early potty training, no eating and drinking late night and occasional waking up of the kid should work....My son is 2yrs 10months and has stopped pampers for well over a year now and he does not bed wet. in fact he will wake you up by himself to help him to toilet to pee. My wife did a wonderful job with the early potty training for him and occasional waking up that my boy is so used to it. Please give it a try it does work.
P.S dont flog the child.
Re: What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? by ncpat(m): 12:41pm On Sep 17, 2014
Experience is the best teacher, here is what u need to do, let the child sleep with stomach facing up. That's all.
Re: What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? by macklef(m): 1:06pm On Sep 17, 2014
paris10: OK, try this and no more bedwetting for your kids or younger ones.

* Get a tray and charcoals
* Place the charcoals in the tray and burn it. Use kerosine or any inflammable.
* Make sure its well done.
* Get your kid to urinate on the charcoals while it burns.

No more bedwetting. Try it. Do it once.
Hmmmmmm..
Re: What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? by macklef(m): 1:08pm On Sep 17, 2014
ncpat: Experience is the best teacher, here is what u need to do, let the child sleep with stomach facing up. That's all.

Is there a special glue, to glue him to the bed so he dosnt turn over too?
Re: What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? by macklef(m): 1:09pm On Sep 17, 2014
kukus01: I believe early potty training, no eating and drinking late night and occasional waking up of the kid should work....My son is 2yrs 10months and has stopped pampers for well over a year now and he does not bed wet. in fact he will wake you up by himself to help him to toilet to pee. My wife did a wonderful job with the early potty training for him and occasional waking up that my boy is so used to it. Please give it a try it does work.
P.S dont flog the child.
Thanks sir, i giuess disciline has to begin cool
Re: What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? by RaphaeloBurgess: 1:20pm On Sep 17, 2014
Idiot
Re: What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? by Masive01(m): 3:57pm On Sep 17, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Nairalanders always impress!

Anyway, after you cook the wall gecko, flog stupid out of the child, kneel down and shout ABIA 10 times, you can now decide to help you your brother.
P.S there's no such thing as laziness as a cause of bed-wetting. Get to the root and solve the problem.

Bed-wetting is caused primarily by irregular bladder movement and weak tonus of urethral sphincters as well as not so developed prostrate gland. And there are few more reasons (very deep sleep, small size bladder, constipation-very high in kids), which are mostly not controllable by the child. While it is normal for kids 2 years and younger; Some boys still do not have enough prostrate gland and urethral sphincters development until after puberty(20 years lipsrsealed). So they do not have control of their urinary bladder.
Anyway, if you can, the best practices are to manage the condition....waking him up at intervals at night will help, but you risk altering his circadian rhythm -especially if he has started going to school. A lot of exercises are also recommended to help tone and stretch his bladder. Most importantly, use TAPOLENE to cover the bed and teach him how not to feel ashamed of bed-wetting and how to clean up himself. The idea is that you help to gain control of his urinary bladder - no matter HOW LONG it takes.
Use mental drills, set challenges, set milestones and encouraging him for every one of them that he crosses.

P.S; na your Papa give am that gene..........and(95%) he was wetting the sheets regular grin grin

Cheers

1 Like

Re: What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? by mauvivi(m): 4:11pm On Sep 17, 2014
just wake the child every 2hrs ,for the child to urinate, if this is done for a month, it will stop

1 Like

Re: What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? by cooxi: 4:39pm On Sep 17, 2014
arrest this guy

Re: What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? by yetty002: 5:47pm On Sep 17, 2014
Funny
Re: What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? by iheanyi40(m): 6:19pm On Sep 17, 2014
fapcrook: he is always booking space
blame it on seun for creating nairaland apptongue
Re: What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? by lilo2hot(m): 9:39pm On Sep 17, 2014
My grand mum tired electric fish around my cousin's waist before going to bed grin, so anytime he weewee!! He gets the shock grin
Re: What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? by onelife97: 7:47am On Sep 18, 2014
I used to bedwetting until 17 goin to 18, I cried many times and got depressed as a kid.it just got stopped suddenly, nobody really helped me but mocked me.
Polygamous home, as evil as it can be.
Re: What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? by tomiobj(m): 9:16am On Sep 18, 2014
macklef: Ok, my dad has travelled my younger spends more time with him at night since its mostly the time he is available.
Now he is not arround, i step in as a substitute, what incited this thread i was playing FIFA on my phone and forgot to check if his pampers was remaining.
Mind you, my brother is 3yrs old, and i always ask myself, should he be putting on pampers at this age?
Is he old enough to wake up at night and tap the person beside him he wants to wewee? As this questions run in my head,
I am looking for polybag i will tie as wrapper too myself because the Red sea will have a meeting with river benue today.

What method is best to groom a kid at his age to stop urinating at night?
Some will say, always wake him up at intervals in the middle of the night to weewee, but if u ask me, i think that is a phycological booster to weewee more.
Why do i say this? I happened to be a chronic urinator too as a kid, infact in my early teenage years i did weewee, but at that age i was smart to change my boxers and push my junior sister into
The weewee why i take an akwars position beside to door to suggest i rolled over there through out the night.
I noticed that during this times i weewee, i was conscious in the dream world, at those times i get the urge to weewee i noticed a dream comes along at which a
Fellow friend invites me or myself walk to the gutter to weewee, on weeweeing finish, my subconsciousness dies and my conscuioisness comes alife, then it dawns on me i had urinated.
This was because in the middle of the night i normally do get awaken or taken to weewee where the only voice i hear is my dad saying, ''oya weewee'' so if im not awaken, i
Tend to play that scene in my dream where i get to weewee in real life unconscuiously.

So what method works? Flogging works wonders tho, oh my God, at times my smartness failed me and i get caught, the wire was always in colour red, my ass whooped big time,
For the next few days i get triggers remembring the cain, but after a while, it is gone. But my kid brother cant be beaten mercillesly like that.
There has to be a subtle way of making him not urinate without having to subject him to any form of pain.
Can anyone help?
trust me, there is no way to stop bedwetting, it can continue until the child is like10. there is no way to stop it. Just deal with it. ND preventing them from taking liquids an hr before they sleep might be effective
Re: What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? by Jhayeahsam01(m): 9:56am On Sep 18, 2014
two things could be of help....
super glue
tie frog or crab around him this thing

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lady Beats Pregnant Woman To Death In Osun / True Confession: Why I Had Sex With My Son / Why Isn’t Infidelity A Crime?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.