Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,466 members, 7,826,771 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 (30559 Views)

He Doesn't Want To Attend His Convocation Ceremony Because He Had A 2.2 (Pic) / Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 / WAEC EXPO/RUNZ 2020 | NECO EXPO/RUNS: CALL 08138222229 NOW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by Nobody: 1:07am On Sep 18, 2014
OP, stay the extra year to improve your gpa. Your age shouldn't even bother you 'cuz you're only 20.
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by sheniqua: 1:12am On Sep 18, 2014
handie: I'm a final year student and honestly, my GP ain't as good as I wish. I'm contemplating dropping some courses and rewriting them next session to boost my GP. please can I resit those exams and still go for NYSC that same year? I talked to my course adviser about it and he said i'll be able to go with the next available batch once my result is out. pls is this possible? what is your advice to me? N.B: I'm 20 years old

A bird at hand is worth 666 in the bush

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by mcpat(m): 1:48am On Sep 18, 2014
handie: my final year accounts for 40% of all the GP. all I wanna know now is the possibility of going with the Next available batch of NYSC Members after the release of the results

Bro if staying an extra year would give you a 2-1 and you are sure about it please stay, read and come out with a 2-1 and dont be bothered about the extra year because i assure you it is worth it. It would make life easier for you in the "favour market".

Signed a co-final year student
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 7:30am On Sep 18, 2014
OP seems to have forgotten that if u stay an extra semester, his CGP will be divided by +1. if u're studying a 5-ur course and stay an extra semester, your CGP will be divided by 6

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by mechanics(m): 8:35am On Sep 18, 2014
handie: I'm a final year student and honestly, my GP ain't as good as I wish. I'm contemplating dropping some courses and rewriting them next session to boost my GP. please can I resit those exams and still go for NYSC that same year? I talked to my course adviser about it and he said i'll be able to go with the next available batch once my result is out. pls is this possible? what is your advice to me? N.B: I'm 20 years old
dats ok, dats if u wont regret ur idea later, some students did dat in my alma mata, while some came out with first class, odas wit 2.1, but u must b serious n hardworking n u must convince urself u wil come out with 2.1, if nt discard d idea, prepare well 4 ur project n go 4 additional skills to back up ur 2.2, some graduates do get wrk wit 2.2, dats with God o.
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by mechanics(m): 8:44am On Sep 18, 2014
handie: thanks bro. I really wanna do post graduate degree but I gat get beta undergraduate result to encourage popsy to send me to a good school for it and the chance of a 2.1 if I stay an extra semester is like 99%. But is it really possible that I can go for Nysc with ny classmates going for d next batch of service?
dats nt possible, it only depends on d time dey wil b mobilize, dey mayb mobilize wen u ar resitting ur courses, ur Level adviser shud nt decieve u, my colleaques who had extra year were nt mobilize with d odas dat didnt ave, so dats nt possible, only if ur dept delays d approval of ur colleaques result, al d best.
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by Funpeter: 8:52am On Sep 18, 2014
legendsilver: The choice is yours bro, think it out and follow what you believe.
If 2.1 is a possibility then chase it but if you aren't that sure, I will advise you forge ahead and try M.sc to boost you files. Hope u realizes that extra year will automatically erase the Hons that comes with ur kpali?
God help u
Who told you the Hons will be removed? If he decide to stay an extra year. Stop spreading rumours na.
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by Funpeter: 8:53am On Sep 18, 2014
legendsilver: The choice is yours bro, think it out and follow what you believe.
If 2.1 is a possibility then chase it but if you aren't that sure, I will advise you forge ahead and try M.sc to boost you files. Hope u realizes that extra year will automatically erase the Hons that comes with ur kpali?
God help u
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by kobenol(m): 10:16am On Sep 18, 2014
@Poster
Have you done the arithmetic of possible credit points attainable in an additional semester, cumulatively divided by your total number of units since inception?
Factor in the unfortunate incidents of late assignments, ill health in exam, lateness to same, inexplicable undesirable grade outcome?
You're prob'ly in some state / fed. uni, some nasty staff with terrible attitude could as well hang your NYSC mobilisation later on, inadvertently maybe, but you can't tell.
Just graduate and launch out to life. Heck what's 2-1 when you already got brains and smartness?
Some employers will not bother to ask your grades you know?
They might just ask some intelligent questions and you impress them and you're hired.
Don't delay. I would graduate in your situation. I did anyway.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 18, 2014
Contumely: it is not in all cases that you will be required to pay school fees if you stay an extra year in school, like in UNN you pay school fees if you are to sit courses whose unit loads exceed like 14 otherwise you just register each course with a sum like 500 naira.
in ma own sch.Eksu,extra year equals extra sch fees
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by 7footre(m): 11:25am On Sep 18, 2014
[quote author=ndidibabe][/quote]I am being realistic
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by eromspete(m): 11:33am On Sep 18, 2014
OP be careful with the so called "ADVICE" you receive on here. Many people just say whatever they like without thoughts angry angry. If you are indeed sure of yourself that a 2:1 can be achieved with an extra semester PLEASE stay and achieve the 2:1. REGRET is a bitter emotion to live with in future. You have a chance to make up for it now. If you have a 2:1, you do not need a Post Graduate Diploma to do a Masters course anywhere in the world (Quote Me).

My own say - GET THE Second Upper (2:1) and let NYSC follow through. The ultimate choice is yours. GOODLUCK smiley

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by Hayurdayle(m): 1:40pm On Sep 18, 2014
Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by vanmusco(m): 2:19pm On Sep 18, 2014
handie: Madam calm down. my mates are running good businesses? really? do u know how old I am? moreover, what's worth doing is worth doing well.
handie: Madam calm down. my mates are running good businesses? really? do u know how old I am? moreover, what's worth doing is worth doing well.

then u suld av started well. Not doing it again at the last hour. Think well.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by Franky9584(m): 3:31pm On Sep 18, 2014
Bro grow up. Former governor soludo graduated wit 3rdclass yet he z d governor of CBN then, where are those wit 1stclass and 2.1? We are in 9ja where man knw man works irrespective of ur qualifications

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by Franky9584(m): 3:33pm On Sep 18, 2014
Come 2tink of it, how sure are u that u can get 2.1 at d end of nxt year? #bematured
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by Javanian: 4:15pm On Sep 18, 2014
Franky9584: Bro grow up. Former governor soludo graduated wit 3rdclass yet he z d governor of CBN then, where are those wit 1stclass and 2.1? We are in 9ja where man knw man works irrespective of ur qualifications

Don't come here and use your medicority to dent the image of erudite scholars. Professor Charles Soludo obtained his three
degrees and then professorship at the
University of Nigeria in Nsukka, Enugu State.
He graduated with a First Class Honors

degree in 1984, an M.Sc. Economics in 1987,
and a Ph.D. in 1989, winning prizes for the
best student at all three levels.
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by prissyluv(f): 4:17pm On Sep 18, 2014
I dont know how it is done in your school but in NAU any course you dropped or didnt write is recorded as a carryover.
Well,think it through first. As you said,what is worth doing is worth doing well.
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by prissyluv(f): 4:23pm On Sep 18, 2014
Javanian:

Don't come here and use your medicority to dent the image of erudite scholars. Professor Charles Soludo obtained his three
degrees and then professorship at the
University of Nigeria in Nsukka, Enugu State.
He graduated with a First Class Honors

degree in 1984, an M.Sc. Economics in 1987,
and a Ph.D. in 1989, winning prizes for the
best student at all three levels.

Are you saying he got his Phd within the space of 2yr?
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by Javanian: 4:25pm On Sep 18, 2014
prissyluv:

Are you saying he got his Phd within the space of 2yr?

Yes.

http://unn.edu.ng/hero/charles-soludo
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by dnawah(m): 4:41pm On Sep 18, 2014
pls leave school,r u sure of graduating next year?unless ur school is not in ASSU.y not go for ur masters and phd later on.after all na school u come go for this world?Bill Gate get am?

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by Adamidi(m): 4:50pm On Sep 18, 2014
[color=#990000][/color]bros. 2.1 no be by mouth ó. u need to be super active ;Dbros. 2.1 no be by mouth ó. u need to be super active

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by Vires: 5:29pm On Sep 18, 2014
I would advise you to graduate now
What if ASUU goes on one of their everlasting strikes?
What if your school has internal crisis and shuts down?
People get extras atimes for falling ill, having accidents, having surgery, etc
Anything can happen!!!! no one knows tomorrow

Graduate now and improve yourself as you go
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by linearity: 5:29pm On Sep 18, 2014
Except there is something else you are not revealing, I think you have your priorities wrong by making bring NYSC into the picture. If your computation realistically indicates that you will make 2.1 by staying an extra year, then go for it...there is always the next NYSC batch after the next one, followed by the next one, year in and year out.

Now, a 2.1 does not guarantee anything; at the end of the day your success depends on your, there are many 3rd class that are successful and many 1st class that are not doing okay. However, a 2.1 presents more opportunities in front of you, what you do with those opportunities is what makes the difference and also remember that, you might not have the opportunity of getting another 2.1, unlike the NYSC.
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by Yustash001(m): 5:38pm On Sep 18, 2014
20 years old!!!....mogbe...wey me don reach 20 and i neva gain admission....age is just a number sha.....na achievements mata
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by Adetoro049: 6:51pm On Sep 18, 2014
Hello, who tell you dat u can make 2.1 which u have failed to attain 4years of thorough academic work? Well, it depends mainly on ur current CGPA <if and only>its close/kiss 2.1, i will advice xtra year with hard(est) labour to come out with ur desired result 2.1. NYSC only deals with students dat hav been cleared by d school senate. Not minding if d person is 1st class or ordinary pass. Everyone serves. My advise 4 u is to honourably take ur 2.2. Which is a reflection of ur 4 years in school. Adding a year will take God invention and personal hard work.
#HARD FACT
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by Iamheritage(m): 7:07pm On Sep 18, 2014
My guy, pls be contended with d grade scored and move ahead. Many of those who bear rule in larger percentage of Nigeria institutions, boards, parastatals and ministry arms are not there because of their pretty grades. In fact many "efficos" were under them serving and are being used by the favoured ones. U just need d favour of God
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by Nobody: 8:53pm On Sep 18, 2014
In my Pete Edochie voice- "Why didn't u make the 2:1 in the stipulated semmesters? Who was dat girl dat distracted u?". Lol. Seriously dude,if the price of the 2:1 is an extra semmester or even an extra session then its cheap. But wait o,how much be ur sch fees self?

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 18, 2014
Franky9584: Bro grow up. Former governor soludo graduated wit 3rdclass yet he z d governor of CBN then, where are those wit 1stclass and 2.1? We are in 9ja where man knw man works irrespective of ur qualifications
. Pro. Soludo graduated wiv 3rd class? Hahahhahaha. Damn dude,u jst cracked my ribs. Funny U. Now tell the world twas a joke b4 some1 takes u serious.
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by legendsilver(m): 9:15pm On Sep 18, 2014
handie: Amen. Bro do u seriously mean the Hons will be erased? Is that how it works?
yes
But do confirm it from your school b4 making the choice. God help you my brother
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by handie(m): 9:16pm On Sep 18, 2014
No10: In my Pete Edochie voice- "Why didn't u make the 2:1 in the stipulated semmesters? Who was dat girl dat distracted u?". Lol. Seriously dude,if the price of the 2:1 is an extra semmester or even an extra session then its cheap. But wait o,how much be ur sch fees self?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Uniport 2012/2013 Admissions;aspirants,let's Meet Here. / Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat / Four Students Celebrating The End Of WASSCE At Lagos Beach Drown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.