Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,105 members, 7,814,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

OTC 2015.houston Texas - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / OTC 2015.houston Texas (1290 Views)

Sam Mbonu Survives Accident In Texas (Photos) / Photo: Young Nigerian Medical Doctor Missing In Texas / Nigerian Man Dies Aboard Plane That Landed In Houston. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OTC 2015.houston Texas by Oghobahase: 1:30am On Sep 17, 2014
How important is OTC for job seekers in the engineering field and how easy is it to go attend?
Re: OTC 2015.houston Texas by amattahcj(m): 2:45am On Sep 17, 2014
What is OTC 2015
Re: OTC 2015.houston Texas by GeneralShepherd(m): 7:06am On Sep 17, 2014
Otc is offshore technology conference.

It is a yearly event where industry giants gather for exhibition of their products.

Every conference or industry event is good for a job seeker but it depends on your networking ability.

If you need to go always monitor there website to know when registration starts.

The conference is only free for students but as a student you still need to budget for flight tickets and accomodation, unless you reside in Houston.
Re: OTC 2015.houston Texas by Oghobahase: 6:30am On Sep 19, 2014
GeneralShepherd: Otc is offshore technology conference.

It is a yearly event where industry giants gather for exhibition of their products.

Every conference or industry event is good for a job seeker but it depends on your networking ability.

If you need to go always monitor there website to know when registration starts.

The conference is only free for students but as a student you still need to budget for flight tickets and accomodation, unless you reside in Houston.
i reside in Houston.It is my first time attending and i was just curious on what to expect?
Re: OTC 2015.houston Texas by GeneralShepherd(m): 1:06pm On Sep 19, 2014
Oghobahase:
i reside in Houston.It is my first time attending and i was just curious on what to expect?

I want to attend, I'm studying subsea engineering in the UK
Re: OTC 2015.houston Texas by Nobody: 5:40am On Sep 20, 2014
Oghobahase: How important is OTC for job seekers in the engineering field and how easy is it to go attend?

Any conference related to your career field can usually be considered important especially if it has been around for years! OTC is amazing for networking - for students & for professionals! It allows you to meet with some of the top oil/engineering companies & interface with the recruiters in some cases. Of course, you're not "guaranteed" a job but you have leads & you're a step ahead of your peers and you get to hear from those currently working in the field! Overall, it's worth the investment & it's in the great state of Houston....which is the "energy corridor" of the U.S.!

(1) (Reply)

Tier 4 Dependant Visa / Russia Visa Requirements / VIDEO: Scrambling Passengers for GEJ's Disorganised Trains In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.