Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,018 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

A Warning To All Nigerian Hairdressers - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / A Warning To All Nigerian Hairdressers (3293 Views)

Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers / All Hairdressers And Braiders Forum / Great Hairdressers On The Island? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Warning To All Nigerian Hairdressers by Naijasinglegirl: 10:04am On Sep 17, 2014
So yeah! I was looking forward to a nice relaxing Saturday! Away from everything… a place where they could pamper me…release some stress, make my feet soft, give me new set of nails and make my face more beautiful. YES! The beauty salon.

When it comes to switching hairdressers, I am fickle to a fault. I've never had a regular one because each of them usually leave me dissatisfied. Either Missy Eliot's image is staring back at me on the mirror when I paid them to make me look like Rihanna's twin or they are giving me a Bance's haircut when I asked for Miley Cyrus's haircut. That's how incompetent they are.
I wouldn't blame any of them though. Its all my fault for patronising mediocrity. Whenever I draw up my monthly budget, I tend to leave an embarrassingly meagre amount for hair styling.

One other thing I noticed about these mediocre salons are their terrible hygiene. Its either the hairdresser is trying to wipe my face/neck with one foul smelly towel or she's releasing her Mangrove Savannah forest armpit in my face! Ewwww.
These hairdressers act like they took a blood oath never to shave their armpits. Or are they trying to rear wild animals there? If they can't afford a machete to clear that bush, its best they stay off those sleeveless dresses before they choke an innocent customer to death.

I also dread patronising an all girls saloon. Rather than face their duties, they would size up new customers from their feet to their head and your appearance would determine how much effort they put into your hair.
For instance, if Miss A, the younger sister of Linda Ikeji arrives with her Taiwan hair, Prada eyebrows, her gucci eyelashes and LV shoes, and Miss B, the proud ambassador of okrika company arrives at the same time, those asslickers would not only attend to Miss A first but also wash&rinse Miss A's hair with the best of their shampoos and twenty litres of bottled water while Miss B's hair would be washed with caustic soda soap and one sachet of pure water.
Again, the most competent of their hairdressers gets to make Miss A hair while the Miss B is allotted to the 14 year old apprentice who barely knows how to weave.

So these and many other reasons were the rationales that had me swearing Enough is Enough when I kept 6k (against the 2k I usually spend for both services) aside to spend on a perm and pedicure at a highbrow salon. A salon where I'd be treated like a princess. A salon where everyone is treated equally irrespective of their yaki flip, Brazilian hair and Nigerian hair.

They all welcomed me with open arms when I arrived that Victoria Island salon last Saturday afternoon.
The place looked really classy. All the big girls that trooped in looked like the hot sun has never touched their tender skin...maybe, except for me.
The salon was large, properly air conditioned with about 12 hairdressers of both sexes.
"Sweetheart, You said you're here for a perm and pedicure right? Please relax and make yourself comfortable. One of our staff would attend to you in the next ten minutes." A lady I presumed was their boss addressed me sweetly.
A total stranger just called me sweetheart. This is the good life mehn, I thought.

Shortly after, one other girl brought a pack of juice and a fruit cake for me.
"All these for me? Thank you very much." I collected and pounced on my snack hungrily.
That was undoubtedly the best cake I've had in years. I'm sure you know how sweet free things taste??

One of the guys brought their pedicure bowl or whatever they call that stuff and began massaging my feet in warm water while I moaned in delight. LoL
If this is what they call pre-intimacy, I love it!
Halfway through the prep process, I called one of their attendants and asked how much a perm cost without their relaxer.

"N5000"

"Jesus Christ!" I exclaimed, wriggling my feet from the pedicure guy grip.

She told me my bills would amount to N12000 when they were done. 5k for the perm, 5k for the pedicure and the most shocking part of all, 2k for the snacks.
I just wanted to pee the juice on his face and vomit their stupid cake into the pedicure bowl.

"You guys should have told me when I came in or posted your rates! I didn't even beg you people for the stupid juice and tasteless cake!" I retorted angrily.
Like I can't buy gala and la casera in traffic if I really craved snacks!

Good thing they didn't touch my hair yet. I would have probably been held there to assist in cleaning of the saloon for a week or two.
The madam came to find out what the problem was but I ignored her to save myself the embarrassment. I paid 5K and walked out forever.

So much for the fun day I envisaged...
So that's how I spent 3k to wash my feet (like I don't have lux soap at home) and 2k to drink juice at a saloon.
For now, I'm going to be my own hairdresser till I make mad money.

http://www.naijasinglegirl.net

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Warning To All Nigerian Hairdressers by kaydee(m): 10:14am On Sep 17, 2014
You and your series of unfortunate recurrences ehn!
Re: A Warning To All Nigerian Hairdressers by Naijasinglegirl: 10:21am On Sep 17, 2014
kaydee: You and your series of unfortunate recurrences ehn!
My life is too awesome

2 Likes

Re: A Warning To All Nigerian Hairdressers by TheRealAdonye(m): 10:29am On Sep 17, 2014
Well, am I not happy I can't spend more than 1K.
Re: A Warning To All Nigerian Hairdressers by Nobody: 10:31am On Sep 17, 2014
Lmao at least you paid the 5k, better than becoming a cleaner for the week or more grin

2 Likes

Re: A Warning To All Nigerian Hairdressers by makazona(m): 10:39am On Sep 17, 2014
demand and supply.isnt it?
Re: A Warning To All Nigerian Hairdressers by Gboliwe: 11:15am On Sep 17, 2014
You are one hell of a writer!

Continue. You make my day with each article.

Lol. The cake and juice was great when it was thought to be free but as soon as a tag was placed on it, your stomach was upset. Hahahahaha, that's a typical human being for you.
Naijasinglegirl: So yeah! I was looking forward to a nice relaxing Saturday! Away from everything… a place where they could pamper me…release some stress, make my feet soft, give me new set of nails and make my face more beautiful. YES! The beauty salon.
When it comes to switching hairdressers, I am fickle to a fault. I've never had a regular one because each of them usually leave me dissatisfied. Either Missy Eliot's image is staring back at me on the mirror when I paid them to make me look like Rihanna's twin or they are giving me a Bance's haircut when I asked for Miley Cyrus's haircut. That's how incompetent they are.
I wouldn't blame any of them though. Its all my fault for patronising mediocrity. Whenever I draw up my monthly budget, I tend to leave an embarrassingly meagre amount for hair styling.
One other thing I noticed about these mediocre salons are their terrible hygiene. Its either the hairdresser is trying to wipe my face/neck with one foul smelly towel or she's releasing her Mangrove Savannah forest armpit in my face! Ewwww.
These hairdressers act like they took a blood oath never to shave their armpits. Or are they trying to rear wild animals there? If they can't afford a machete to clear that bush, its best they stay off those sleeveless dresses before they choke an innocent customer to death.
I also dread patronising an all girls saloon. Rather than face their duties, they would size up new customers from their feet to their head and your appearance would determine how much effort they put into your hair.
For instance, if Miss A, the younger sister of Linda Ikeji arrives with her Taiwan hair, Prada eyebrows, her gucci eyelashes and LV shoes, and Miss B, the proud ambassador of okrika company arrives at the same time, those asslickers would not only attend to Miss A first but also wash&rinse Miss A's hair with the best of their shampoos and twenty litres of bottled water while Miss B's hair would be washed with caustic soda soap and one sachet of pure water.
Again, the most competent of their hairdressers gets to make Miss A hair while the Miss B is allotted to the 14 year old apprentice who barely knows how to weave.
So these and many other reasons were the rationales that had me swearing Enough is Enough when I kept 6k (against the 2k I usually spend for both services) aside to spend on a perm and pedicure at a highbrow salon. A salon where I'd be treated like a princess. A salon where everyone is treated equally irrespective of their yaki flip, Brazilian hair and Nigerian hair.
They all welcomed me with open arms when I arrived that Victoria Island salon last Saturday afternoon.
The place looked really classy. All the big girls that trooped in looked like the hot sun has never touched their tender skin...maybe, except for me.
The salon was large, properly air conditioned with about 12 hairdressers of both sexes.
"Sweetheart, You said you're here for a perm and pedicure right? Please relax and make yourself comfortable. One of our staff would attend to you in the next ten minutes." A lady I presumed was their boss addressed me sweetly.
A total stranger just called me sweetheart. This is the good life mehn, I thought.
"All these for me? Thank you very much." I collected and pounced on my snack hungrily.
That was undoubtedly the best cake I've had in years. I'm sure you know how sweet free things taste??
One of the guys brought their pedicure bowl or whatever they call that stuff and began massaging my feet in warm water while I moaned in delight. LoL
If this is what they call pre-intimacy, I love it!
Halfway through the prep process, I called one of their attendants and asked how much a perm cost without their relaxer.
"N5000"
She told me my bills would amount to N12000 when they were done. 5k for the perm, 5k for the pedicure and the most shocking part of all, 2k for the snacks.
I just wanted to pee the juice on his face and vomit their stupid cake into the pedicure bowl.
"You guys should have told me when I came in or posted your rates! I didn't even beg you people for the stupid juice and tasteless cake!" I retorted angrily.
Good thing they didn't touch my hair yet. I would have probably been held there to assist in cleaning of the saloon for a week or two.
The madam came to find out what the problem was but I ignored her to save myself the embarrassment. I paid 5K and walked out forever.
So much for the fun day I envisaged...
So that's how I spent 3k to wash my feet (like I don't have lux soap at home) and 2k to drink juice at a saloon.
For now, I'm going to be my own hairdresser till I make mad money.
http://www.naijasinglegirl.net

1 Like

Re: A Warning To All Nigerian Hairdressers by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 17, 2014
LMAO! OMG!
You know wuh? I kent read your post in the office! I give up trying! I held my lafta for about 30 seconds, but then read the 'caustic soda soap and pure water' part then I erupted! Now my colleagues think some bolts are loosed!
Lord help me!!! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: A Warning To All Nigerian Hairdressers by Naijasinglegirl: 11:41am On Sep 17, 2014
LoL
Re: A Warning To All Nigerian Hairdressers by Morotov1(m): 4:28pm On Sep 17, 2014
This is good.
Secure it before the plaglarists wakes up.
Re: A Warning To All Nigerian Hairdressers by 1960chic(f): 6:56pm On Sep 17, 2014
Gosh! U made me laugh real hard grin I'll show it to my hubby as well. Good job

1 Like

Re: A Warning To All Nigerian Hairdressers by armyofone(m): 7:09pm On Sep 17, 2014
LMAO, looking for ways to tell the one that does my hair not to eat food with garlic grin

2 Likes

Re: A Warning To All Nigerian Hairdressers by Naijasinglegirl: 7:18pm On Sep 17, 2014
Morotov1: This is good.
Secure it before the plaglarists wakes up.
very sad something. Some other person will copy my post and end up in front page
Re: A Warning To All Nigerian Hairdressers by Gboliwe: 1:09pm On Sep 18, 2014
Naijasinglegirl: very sad something. Some other person will copy my post and end up in front page
if you ever see that report to the moderators. Nl does not encourage plagiarism
Re: A Warning To All Nigerian Hairdressers by b3llo(m): 6:06pm On Sep 18, 2014
Naijasinglegirl: My life is too awesome
I Love it *hahaha...
Re: A Warning To All Nigerian Hairdressers by ShirelleBaby: 6:56pm On Sep 18, 2014
can't stop laughing--hahahahaha-so funny-i can bet u will remain the topic tru out that day among their amebo.com group
Re: A Warning To All Nigerian Hairdressers by adet991(f): 7:42pm On Sep 18, 2014
you want something classy now
Re: A Warning To All Nigerian Hairdressers by countsparrow: 11:27pm On Sep 18, 2014
Funny u...
Re: A Warning To All Nigerian Hairdressers by Idowuogbo(f): 7:48am On Sep 19, 2014
LwkmD!!! God my sides oooo!!! Lmao @ machete to clear the amazon grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: A Warning To All Nigerian Hairdressers by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 19, 2014
grin grin grin grin

Big gyal things naw.
Re: A Warning To All Nigerian Hairdressers by meemeee: 2:32pm On Sep 19, 2014
grin grin grin.funny
Re: A Warning To All Nigerian Hairdressers by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 19, 2014
Lolzzz,u no see abegi saloon enter,u go enter highbrow.
Re: A Warning To All Nigerian Hairdressers by MhisIjay(f): 10:08pm On Sep 19, 2014
Lol
Omg
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
Can't help laughing
I tot dey would charge u for calling u swthrt grin
Re: A Warning To All Nigerian Hairdressers by ochon: 11:21am On Sep 20, 2014
LOL. grin

Naijasinglegirl: Either Missy Eliot's image is staring back at me on the mirror when I paid them to make me look like Rihanna's twin or they are giving me a Bance's haircut when I asked for Miley Cyrus's haircut. That's how incompetent they are.

"N5000"

2 Likes

Re: A Warning To All Nigerian Hairdressers by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 20, 2014
Rotflmao
Re: A Warning To All Nigerian Hairdressers by ochon: 11:44am On Sep 20, 2014
This shìt is funny as hell. grin

One minute, it's "undoubtedly the best cake" she's had in years.

And when reality set in, it all changed to --- "the stúpid juice and tasteless cake!"

"You guys should have told me when I came in or posted your rates! I didn't even beg you people for the stüpid juice and tasteless cake!" I retorted angrily.

Re: A Warning To All Nigerian Hairdressers by Naijasinglegirl: 3:22pm On Sep 20, 2014
MhisIjay: Lol
Omg
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
Can't help laughing
I tot dey would charge u for calling u swthrt grin
I'm sure that was a hidden charge of 500 naira

(1) (Reply)

Ankara Print Styles 2022 | 60 Gorgeous And Simple Ankara Gown Styles For Wedding / Hauwa Chebe Powder And Karkar Oil Kit (hakmim Ladies Affairs) / December Bonanza On Ladies Heels. Selling at a Wholesale Price Of 2900naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.