Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,234 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Woman Fired After Telling Her Boss She Has Cancer - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Woman Fired After Telling Her Boss She Has Cancer (717 Views)

How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria / She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. / What Will You Do To Your Current Boss If You Suddenly Become His/her Boss? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Fired After Telling Her Boss She Has Cancer by OmiAdu(f): 10:55am On Sep 17, 2014
A woman in Pennsylvania received the termination letter above after telling her boss, Dr Visnich about her cancer diagnosis.

Carol Jumper worked at the company for 12 years before she was diagnosed with cancer in the pancreas, liver and ovaries.

Her boss’ lawyer has however explained that the meaning of the letter has been misconstrued, and that it was simply a “humanitarian” gesture to allow Jumper to collect unemployment benefit. He said the letter was written, “with the understanding that when she is feeling better, she can come back to work.”

Her friend posted the letter online and it has since gone viral. Thankfully, she has been receiving support from people to help her with her treatment and community members have organised a number of fundraisers on her behalf.

Below is the full content of the letter;

“You are currently engaged in a battle against cancer that will be demanding physically, mentally, and emotionally,” reads the letter to Carol Jumper, 51, of Hopewell Township. “You will not be able to function in my office at the level required while battling for your life. Because of this, I am laying you off without pay as of August 11, 2014. Your last paycheck will be mailed to you this Friday, 8/15/14. Our thoughts and prayers are with you as you fight this horrible disease. Thanks for your time at Visnich Oral Surgery. I hope your battle is swift, smooth, and successful!”

Copied from Femme Lounge http://femmelounge.ng/not-fair-woman-fired-after-telling-her-boss-she-has-cancer/
Re: Woman Fired After Telling Her Boss She Has Cancer by Nobody: 11:14am On Sep 17, 2014
This kinda boss ought to be shot!
Re: Woman Fired After Telling Her Boss She Has Cancer by georgee(m): 11:28am On Sep 17, 2014
aanumama: This kinda boss ought to be shoot!
U can do betta sis.. Dont tell me it was a typo error grin

1 Like

Re: Woman Fired After Telling Her Boss She Has Cancer by Nobody: 11:38am On Sep 17, 2014
georgee:
U can do betta sis.. Dont tell me it was a typo error grin

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Woman Fired After Telling Her Boss She Has Cancer by Atyodos: 12:02pm On Sep 17, 2014
miracle
Re: Woman Fired After Telling Her Boss She Has Cancer by Atyodos: 12:03pm On Sep 17, 2014
shot not shoot

(1) (Reply)

How To Apply For Scholarship In Usa Or Canada / EVG7 Diagnostic Controller Tablet PC Specification EVG7 Diagnostic Controller / Vacancy At The International Community Of Red Cross

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.