Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,533 members, 7,816,301 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

On What Basis Are Officers In The Nigerian Navy Promoted? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / On What Basis Are Officers In The Nigerian Navy Promoted? (6103 Views)

One Critical Decision That Got Me Promoted To A Manager(must Read) / Nigerian Navy New Doctors Salary / Salary Package For Nigerian Navy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On What Basis Are Officers In The Nigerian Navy Promoted? by sammyashons: 8:07pm On Sep 17, 2014
Hello all, I was just curious and wanted to know how naval officers are promoted and the rate at which they get promoted. Also, I wouldn't mind information on how their pay slips look. Thanks!
Re: On What Basis Are Officers In The Nigerian Navy Promoted? by Orunto: 8:27pm On Sep 17, 2014
On the basis of education, skill, goodness, loyalty, expectation, perseverance and authouritative responsibility. You cannot present a soul that shoots clumsyly and ask me to promote him or her. The answer is No!
Re: On What Basis Are Officers In The Nigerian Navy Promoted? by hushmail: 8:37pm On Sep 17, 2014
be like say someone want claim Naval Officer

impersonation na serious crime for 9ja grin grin

No ask me, I no dey Navy

1 Like

Re: On What Basis Are Officers In The Nigerian Navy Promoted? by sammyashons: 8:59pm On Sep 17, 2014
Orunto: On the basis of education, skill, goodness, loyalty, expectation, perseverance and authouritative responsibility. You cannot present a soul that shoots clumsyly and ask me to promote him or her. The answer is No!
Thanks, any idea on how they're paid?
Re: On What Basis Are Officers In The Nigerian Navy Promoted? by Orunto: 9:15pm On Sep 17, 2014
Yes! They are paid like Pilots. Risky jobs demands risky remunerations, so their salaries include "death allowance".
Re: On What Basis Are Officers In The Nigerian Navy Promoted? by sammyashons: 1:43pm On Sep 18, 2014
Orunto: Yes! They are paid like Pilots. Risky jobs demands risky remunerations, so their salaries include "death allowance".
Thanks a lot, please, do cadets who finish at NDA go directly to the navy or how exactly is it done?
Re: On What Basis Are Officers In The Nigerian Navy Promoted? by jukeblam(m): 6:55pm On Sep 18, 2014
Orunto: Yes! They are paid like Pilots. Risky jobs demands risky remunerations, so their salaries include "death allowance".

Hilarious response! "Like pilots indeed!"

You will not get paid like a pilot! More like 200k+ for a 2nd Lieutenant (the starting rank) currently.

For Naval Officers, promotion is every 4yrs- confirmed; meanwhile, doctors get promoted after the first 2yrs, then every 4yrs. However, promotion takes a political tone as your rank gets higher- I think from Captain or so.

You choose your ‘uniform’ (Army, Navy or Air force) on entry into the NDA but can switch in your 3rd year. So, yes, cadets go directly into the Navy; or Army; or Air force.

2 Likes

Re: On What Basis Are Officers In The Nigerian Navy Promoted? by sammyashons: 7:39pm On Sep 18, 2014
jukeblam:

Hilarious response! "Like pilots indeed!"

You will not get paid like a pilot! More like 200k+ for a 2nd Lieutenant (the starting rank) currently.

For Naval Officers, promotion is every 4yrs- confirmed; meanwhile, doctors get promoted after the first 2yrs, then every 4yrs. However, promotion takes a political tone as your rank gets higher- I think from Captain or so.

You choose your ‘uniform’ (Army, Navy or Air force) on entry into the NDA but can switch in your 3rd year. So, yes, cadets go directly into the Navy; or Army; or Air force.
Thanks bruv, is it true that they also pay cadets at NDA?
Re: On What Basis Are Officers In The Nigerian Navy Promoted? by jukeblam(m): 8:08pm On Sep 18, 2014
Yes, they do- but not as much as you get on becoming an officer.
Re: On What Basis Are Officers In The Nigerian Navy Promoted? by iamprotocol(m): 9:29am On Jun 18, 2016
If someone joined d navy as a rating with ond on what base can that person get to the comisioning level as to be a senior officer

(1) (Reply)

Difference Between SSC And DSS In Nigeria Navy And Airforce / 10 Ways To Love A Job You Hate / Pipeline Vs Subsea Engineering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.