Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,860 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? (3553 Views)

2015 Election: Jonathan Should Have Sacked Partisan Jega – Okupe / Suleiman Abba And The Making Of A Partisan Police, By Femi Falana / Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by omerta(f): 12:47pm On Sep 18, 2014
Freest:
Oristejafor without the church or can is just any other citizen. And my point is, we need the church/can as a body that has a say in Nigeria politics. The point is not Oristejafor but can. The Christian body!!!
C.A.N was influential and can still be, but not by romancing with polithiefcians. Let's agree with you; C.A.N should support Jonathan now. But what would its fate after Jonathan leaves office? Look for another government to ally with? Get relegated to background? What?
Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Mogidi: 12:48pm On Sep 18, 2014
berem: I have not heard of any Emir or even the Sultan of Sokoto play partisan politics the way Ayotallah Bin Oritsejafor does. Since when SLS became Emir of Kano,have you heard him meddle in political affairs?

Please state the partisanship you're alluding to Ayo.

I know you remember when GEJ invited Sanusi to Aso Rock after Ramadam, am sure you know the presidency would have read him the riot act, he knows the consequences.
Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by OgologoDimkpa: 12:48pm On Sep 18, 2014
berem: follow follow! angry
Yes ke !
I'll follow Berem whether she likes it or not embarassed
Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by brownlords: 12:48pm On Sep 18, 2014
berem: I have not heard of any Emir or even the Sultan of Sokoto play partisan politics the way Ayotallah Bin Oritsejafor does. Since when SLS became Emir of Kano,have you heard him meddle in political affairs?

It's either you've been blind or deaf,

So you mean emir and and sultan don't involve in politics?

3 Likes

Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Freest(m): 12:49pm On Sep 18, 2014
OgologoDimkpa:
When last did you egift preach to someone to repent too?
Preaching does not rest on the pastors alone. You can as well do it therefore you have no point.
Good to know he does not lease his JET for Boko haram attack as some of your progenitors are currently doing embarassed
Godbless ur children grin

1 Like

Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Mogidi: 12:51pm On Sep 18, 2014
omerta: C.A.N was influential and can still be, but not by romancing with polithiefcians. Let's agree with you; C.A.N should support Jonathan now. But what would its fate after Jonathan leaves office? Look for another government to ally with? Get relegated to background? What?

No one expects extremist Buhari to patronize C.A.N, come on.

2 Likes

Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Freest(m): 12:56pm On Sep 18, 2014
omerta: C.A.N was influential and can still be, but not by romancing with polithiefcians. Let's agree with you; C.A.N should support Jonathan now. But what would its fate after Jonathan leaves office? Look for another government to ally with? Get relegated to background? What?
Omerta i get your point and you are right. I think inasmuch as C.A.N shouldn't be party oriented cos i dont advice that either, but it should be neutral in its mission to government. In its decisions, and sense of judgement. They should have a voice, even though not in accordance with any party. Atleast they should be a determining factor in politics, policies, and developments for the citizens (Not just Christian)
Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Sep 18, 2014
brownlords:

mumu,I am talking about partisan politics.
Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by egift(m): 12:59pm On Sep 18, 2014
Freest:
You made some great points and I've come to understand some of your views...
6. Investigation shows he didn't smuggle neither was he a part of it. He only gave his jet on business ish...
5. I made my point when i quoted that at this time in Nigeria politics, i believe it cant be seperated from religion. 'I THINK PERSONALLY THAT NIGERIA POLITICS IS MORE RELIGION INSPIRED' simply with what is happening all over, i think its expedient the Christian body still has a part or a say in politics although not the way it is being handled by can President.
4. This is Nigeria politics, there is bound to be rumours and conspiracy. There is no one that meddles who isn't rubbed off with something just to stain his name. To calm a mad man you must touch him, you must get stained in the process, so that is expected.
3. I support you in that. He should be fair and not party oriented nor have any link or supporting party.

I understand and appreciate all your views.

Let me point out that as CAN President, Ayo should be a Spiritual Leader not a political jobber.

Here is Jonathan and Sambo waiting for the Oba of Benin

Here is President Obama bowing to the Japanese Emperor Akihito
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/746081_obama-bows-5_jpg9b4a563e1b59c46eee01f3d2a84af75f[/img]

Ayo do not have to become Jonathan's errand boy and facilitate money laundry to have the respect and attention of the President

3 Likes

Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by omerta(f): 12:59pm On Sep 18, 2014
Freest:
Omerta i get your point and you are right. I think inasmuch as C.A.N shouldn't be party oriented cos i dont advice that either, but it should be neutral in its mission to government. In its decisions, and sense of judgement. They should have a voice, even though not in accordance with any party. Atleast they should be a determining factor in politics, policies, and developments for the citizens (Not just Christian)
I agree with you also! In life, moderation is key...

1 Like

Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Freest(m): 1:00pm On Sep 18, 2014
They do... Inshot they meddle alot, just not the way C.A.N's meddling has been fully blown out, maybe because this time its a Christian body meddling. Sultan has been a very key decision maker in Nigeria politics whose ideas and decision is highly sort after in the scheme of things especially in previous government...

1 Like

Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by egift(m): 1:07pm On Sep 18, 2014
OgologoDimkpa:
When last did you egift preach to someone to repent too?
Preaching does not rest on the pastors alone. You can as well do it therefore you have no point.
Good to know he does not lease his JET for Boko haram attack as some of your progenitors are currently doing embarassed

As a Christian, I get involved get involved in church outreach programmes. And a Web Developer, I am assisting churches get a website to help them expand their reach in spreading the gospel of Christ. How much more Ayo who is a Minister.

And you should hide your face in shame for minimizing Ayo's duty to preach salvation to a pitch against me.

1 Like

Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by brownlords: 1:12pm On Sep 18, 2014
berem: mumu,I am talking about partisan politics.

If the emir and sultan where neutral, We won't be fighting insurgency, you can cry all you want, the Man is the head of CAN nothing you can do about it, if you are Christian and you can't tolerate it then become Muslim or pegan. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Freest(m): 1:15pm On Sep 18, 2014
egift:

A a Christian, I get involved get involved in church outreach programmes. And a Web Developer, I am assisting churches get a website to help them expand their reach in spreading the gospel of Christ. How much more Ayo who is a Minister.

And you should hide your face in shame for minimizing Ayo's duty to preach salvation to a pitch against me.
Why develope web Why not just go into full evangelism That my point!!! He has work to do, he has his purpose, and his purpose is being CAN president and the end point is to bless life. Just the way the web you design ends up being a blessing to others at the end!!! grin
Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Freest(m): 1:29pm On Sep 18, 2014
OgologoDimkpa:
Don't mind them jare!

This thread is nothing but another Boko Haram sympathisers thread angry.
You'll only find APshit members spewing rubbish here.
This is not a boko thread neither am i a boko fan... Am simply is support of the C.A.N president meddling in partisan politics... So don't be too quick to label things!!!
Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Freest(m): 1:31pm On Sep 18, 2014
egift:

I understand and appreciate all your views.

Let me point out that as CAN President, Ayo should be a Spiritual Leader not a political jobber.

Here is Jonathan and Sambo waiting for the Oba of Benin

Here is President Obama bowing to the Japanese Emperor Akihito
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/746081_obama-bows-5_jpg9b4a563e1b59c46eee01f3d2a84af75f[/img]

Ayo do not have to become Jonathan's errand boy and facilitate money laundry to have the respect and attention of the President
This money laundering you are hammering on, i really want you to logically look into facts plus you don't make decisions on speculation especially not this season of politicised media...
Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by ntyce(m): 1:33pm On Sep 18, 2014
brownlords:

Pls give an instance where the Sultan has shown to be political.
A smart religious leader will learn to stay away from politics. It's dirty, very very dirty.
Oritsejafor has been stained by the dirty waters.
I am sure it will be in the constitution of CAN that the society be apolitical.

If he has interest, he should resign and play along.
I await him disclosing his PDP party id card.

1 Like

Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by atlwireles: 1:46pm On Sep 18, 2014
brownlords:

If the emir and sultan where neutral, We won't be fighting insurgency, you can cry all you want, the Man is the head of CAN nothing you can do about it, if you are Christian and you can't tolerate it then become Muslim or pegan. Nonsense

Three gbosa for you
Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by egift(m): 1:51pm On Sep 18, 2014
Freest: This money laundering you are hammering on, i really want you to logically look into facts plus you don't make decisions on speculation especially not this season of politicised media...

Here the facts my friend:
- It not his Plane that was used for smuggling.
- This is not the first time he is hiring out his plane.
- The jet was donated to him. Till date he has not come clean on who gave it to him.
- How do we know that the smugglers are not the ones who bought the jet initially? And thereby using the good name of CAN Presidency to clean up their illegal business. In return, Mr. Ayo gets to have a free plane ride.
- And don't tell us Mr. Ayo hire out his Jet on a "No Question Asked Policy".

Let me assure you, for Mr. Ayo and and Jonathan to bury this evil of smuggling will require many truck load of lies.

1 Like

Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by brownlords: 2:09pm On Sep 18, 2014
ntyce:

A smart religious leader will learn to stay away from politics. It's dirty, very very dirty.

Forget all this talk bro, every thing in this country is political, can the sultan, emir deny ever benefiting from the presidency? Weather they come out openly or not does not matter, Ayo is the president of CAN believe it or not, APC high ranks have more of Muslims than Christians, and Nigeria has always been divided along religious line which the Christians suffer more from the religious war, I'm yet to hear of Christian killing Muslim down South, but you can't deny Muslims killing Christian at the slightest provocation, if Ayo is political I see nothing wrong with it, he is human and a Nigerian we all have our interest even if we try to deny it, the man in power is from the south, and a Christian too and Ayo happens to be the head of Christian if he support him he has done nothing wrong, El Rufai, Sir Buhari have always supported Muslims even in midst of the killings by Boko haram, El Rufai has said several times Bh are not Muslims, Buhari has said they are freedom fighters, meanwhile none of them condemn activities of Muslims even if they try to on the media, my question to you is this.

if you are a Christian and happen to be the CAN president, will you support APC that are likely to bring a Muslim candidate as against a Christian candidate? With what Christians in NE have suffered in the hand of Muslims? just be sincere to yourself and remember Jonathan is from the south, and Ayo is from south too it's only normal for him to support Jonathan as against a Muslim candidate, we can try to deceive ourselves but Nigeria has not gotten to that level you expect some people to be purely neutral, civil servant, NUC, NLC, ASUU agitations are political. Sad but true
Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Freest(m): 2:11pm On Sep 18, 2014
ntyce:

A smart religious leader... So they've just been smart. One man i know has been a major say in Nigeria politics, ranging from Governorship elections to top decisions is the sultan. The sultan had somuch power. What made General Sanni Abacha sack Alhaji Ahmed Dasuki, the then Sultan of Sokoto and replaced him It was because he was close to IBB then and Abacha had ckues that he was involved in the coup that took place in 1985 that brought IBB to power and still had this link with IBB he didn't trust.
And by the way, its just being hyped because it involves CAN/CHRISTIANs...
Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 18, 2014
omerta: You don't get it, do you?
No one asked Oritsejafor not to participate in politics. Of course, he is free to. But not in the capacity as C.A.N president. Not by releasing personal attacks in disguise of a press statement under the umbrella of C.A.N. Oritsejafor should separate his political self from the Church, and not insult the institution... Grab?

It u who dnt get it. If the so called highest office of the christian tell us to meddle in politics why can the head meddle. They say praticse what u preach
Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Freest(m): 2:18pm On Sep 18, 2014
egift:

Here the facts my friend:
- It not his Plane that was used for smuggling.
- This is not the first time he is hiring out his plane.
- The jet was donated to him. Till date he has not come clean on who gave it to him.
- How do we know that the smugglers are not the ones who bought the jet initially? And thereby using the good name of CAN Presidency to clean up their illegal business. In return, Mr. Ayo gets to have a free plane ride.
- And don't tell us Mr. Ayo hire out his Jet on a "No Question Asked Policy".

Let me assure you, for Mr. Ayo and and Jonathan to bury this evil of smuggling will require many truck load of lies.
Yeah... Same plane in all
Now, he was bought a jet and you expect him to come out and declare the donor You guys should just tell him to come and declare his assets, declare his HIV status, declare how many times he has sex with his wife... undecided
And by the way, as do every Nigerian, he has right to run businesses that includes hiring his jet for Private/public use. When you lend your car out, do you monitor who it carries?
That ain't your business!!! Neither is it his in respect of his jet!!!
Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by atlwireles: 2:19pm On Sep 18, 2014
Freest:
A smart religious leader... So they've just been smart. One man i know has been a major say in Nigeria politics, ranging from Governorship elections to top decisions is the sultan. The sultan had somuch power. What made General Sanni Abacha sack Alhaji Ahmed Dasuki, the then Sultan of Sokoto and replaced him It was because he was close to IBB then and Abacha had ckues that he was involved in the coup that took place in 1985 that brought IBB to power and still had this link with IBB he didn't trust.
And by the way, its just being hyped because it involves CAN/CHRISTIANs...

You are dealing with pretenders, once upon a time in this country, the Sultan could make you what ever you wanted to be. That's why you have people called Aghogho mohammed Akporaro. Pastor Ayo has not only changed that equation, CAN is no more the left hand of the National Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs NSCIA . They are pissed, what else is new.
Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by egift(m): 2:22pm On Sep 18, 2014
Freest:
Yeah... Same plane in all
Now, he was bought a jet and you expect him to come out and declare the donor You guys should just tell him to come and declare his assets, declare his HIV status, declare how many times he has sex with his wife... undecided
And by the way, as do every Nigerian, he has right to run businesses that includes hiring his jet for Private/public use. When you lend your car out, do you monitor who it carries?
That ain't your business!!! Neither is it his in respect of his jet!!!

I guess you may also support a Policeman who hire his Gun to armed robbers - after all he is not the one robbing and shooting the victims, only interested in his fee.

1 Like

Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Freest(m): 2:24pm On Sep 18, 2014
atlwireles:

You are dealing with pretenders, once upon a time in this country, the Sultan could make you want ever you wanted to be. That's why you have people called Aghogho mohammed Akporaro. Pastor Ayo has not only changed that equation, CAN is no more the left hand of the National Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs NSCIA . They are pissed, what else is new.
Thats true... There was a time when the sultan endorses candidates... And whosoever he endorses, wins, and that was final. Now things habe changed they crying wolf!!!
Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Freest(m): 2:29pm On Sep 18, 2014
[quote author=egift]

I guess you may also support a Policeman who hire his Gun to armed robbers - after all he is not the one robbing and shooting the victims, only interested in his fee.[/quote
;DThis boy will will not kill me!!!
Anyway arms are no business deals bro... You can rent you car out in broad day light, can you rent your gun out like that
Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Demdem(m): 2:29pm On Sep 18, 2014
egift: Why Ayo Should Stop Meddling Into Politics:
1. His position as CAN President bestows on him "the spiritual leader of Nigerian Christians".
2. I support the separation of Church and State. I don't want any politician spending 2 Trillion Naira and tell us he was directed by the Holy Spirit.
3. By pestering one Political Party or a Politician and attacking the Opposition, Mr Ayo has lost his Neutrality and significance. Remembers all the Christians in Nigeria are not in one political Party.
4. His Blings, politics of coins and sucking up politicians - makes his less "Christ-like" but more Worldly and in contradiction to most core aspects of Christianity.
5. The President of CAN is a respected Spiritual Father - not a political jobber and tout.
6. Revelation 21:8 was very clear that all "illegal arms smugglers" will have their part in the lake of fire.

Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor (as CAN President) has no reason what so ever to meddle in Partisan Politics.

(6) inotherwords the bling bling Pastor will rot in hell.

2 Likes

Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Freest(m): 2:32pm On Sep 18, 2014
Demdem:

[s](6) inotherwords the bling bling Pastor will rot in hell[/s].
Bros nor vex... How you take know
Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Sep 18, 2014
Freest:
Thats true... There was a time when the sultan endorses candidates... And whosoever he endorses, wins, and that was final. Now things habe changed they crying wolf!!!
do you have proof to this claim? Which candidate did he endorse? Have you ever seen any Emir or Sultan going for political campaigns? Infact,have you seen any well known Christian Clerics going for political campaigns as the bling bling pastor does?

1 Like

Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by brownlords: 2:37pm On Sep 18, 2014
Demdem:

(6) inotherwords the bling bling Pastor will rot in hell.

shocked
Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Demdem(m): 2:38pm On Sep 18, 2014
In my opinion, i have nothing against pastors going into politics even partisan politics however being CAN president is a different ball game. It's unacceptable for any occupier of such seat to have any partisan view on that seat considering the fact that members of those that makes up ur organisations belongs to various parties.
Why should the bling bling fool thinks xtians are in support of jonaadaft? Why does he enjoy spewing rubbish to widen the inter religious divide we currently have? The jerry curl pastor to me has been a failure. Under his leadership CAN has severally been rubbished.
He deserves to be de-robbed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Large Crowd Welcome President Goodluck Jonathan Today In Kwara (photos) / Ekiti: Plan To Subvert Justice By Dasuki, Adoke Uncovered - Sahara Reporters / Abia State Set To Build Obuaku SEAPORT!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.