Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

10 Common Bad Habits We Must Quit For Healthy Living - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Common Bad Habits We Must Quit For Healthy Living (1981 Views)

Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. / Top-6 Bad Habits That Cause Kidney Damage / 10 Common Bad Habits That Cause Kidney Failure/damage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Common Bad Habits We Must Quit For Healthy Living by Djicemob: 11:27am On Sep 18, 2014
Unintentionally, at times we end up hurting our body and our health on a daily basis due to our habits. Am gonna be listing out the top 10 bad habits that you need to quit today. If you have any of these habits, then it's never too late, Reverse these habits and start enjoying a healthy and happy life today.

#1:Nose/mouth picking
This annoying and silly habit of 'digging gold' is one of the worst habits that goes un-questioned. This habit is not only bad for your health but it is also against common social etiquette. Picking your nose can spread various infections like cold and flu, as cold virus is passed into your body through the mucus. After touching several things and then taking the same finger into your nose, you will land at the doctor's clinic. Hence, stop this awkward habit of pulling sticky substance from your nose, or fetching left over food strands from your mouth.

#2:You became an 'Owl' at night
Many of us, burn the midnight oil for exam preparations and work. But if this becomes routine, you will damage your body in the long run. Without 6-8 hours of good sleep, you are damaging your immune system and other body processes and systems. Due to lack of sleep, your immune system becomes weak and thus produces fewer 'germ fighters' - lowering your tolerance for withstanding common bugs in your environment. To fight against various diseases, it is necessary to at least get a minimum of 7-8 hours of good sleep on most nights of the week. A good night's sleep also helps you stay awake and fresh throughout the day.

#3:Wearing headphones for Too long hoursHeadphones or earphones are the sole companionsfor some of us throughout the day. We listen to music to pass time, while travelling or while working out. But, if you have plugged in for hours, with no breaks, then you need to keep this habit under check. listening to loud music via earphones, can cause hearing loss.headphones aren't the culprits, it is the volume and the hours that can land you in trouble. Besides, ignoring minor symptoms of hearing loss is also one of the biggest medical offense.

#4:Wearing heels
Women who wear heels on a daily basis, do lots of harm to their bodies. Dr. Tina Mahendraker -Physiotherapist, Mumbai says - high heels can affect your posture, put pressure on joints - which can causearthritis,back painand tendon injuries and other heels related accidents. Thus to prevent such horrible effects on your health Dr. Tina says - limit your heels to not more than 1.5 inches, and wear insoles to reduce the pressure on your joints.

#5:Sleeping with Makeup
Many girls have a habit of sleeping with their makeup still on. Whatever the reason could be, this habit can cause grave damage to your skin. Sleeping with your makeup on, leads to clogged pores, congested skin and spots. Besides, mascaraand other eye makeup can cause irritation, which can also lead to vision loss.

#6:Can't live without a smoke
In every health tip, behind every cigarette pack, we read this,'Smokingkills', but people still persist with the smoking habit. Dr. Sunesara says - smoking even a single cigarette a day, can cause blood clots, which may prevent swift flow of the blood andhence develop plaque in your arteries and blood vessels. Besides, you may also damage the life of the non-smoker who is living with you.

#7:Lying constantly
Surprised to see this one on a healthy living post? Those minute white lies can cause serious damage to your health. If you lie constantly, you will have constant fear of the truth being disclosed, this will create a feeling ofstressin you, says - Dr. Vihang. Stress, is the worst thing for your body, as it damages your heath due to the release of stress hormones. Besides, it further leads to headaches and anxiety.

#8:Nail biting
This habit of using your teeth to cut your nails, just for time pass or due to extreme nervousness, can cause germ entry into your body. Dr. Sunsesara says - your hands are constant travellers, they pick several things throughout the day, and then taking these nasty, germ-filled fingers into your mouth canmake you bed-ridden for days, due to cold or flu. So, stop this dirty habit right away.

#9:Ignoring sex
Whatever the reason for a low libido might be, whether too much work or stress, avoiding sex altogether for many days and months at a time is not good. Sex is good for you and your health. It helps to improve your immune system and relationship. But if you are not interested in this pleasurable act, then you need to talk to your doctor immediately. Because, a low libido can be beyond stress, it can be caused due to an under active thyroid, hypertension or simply a hormonal imbalance.

#10:Being in an unhealthy relationship for a long time
If you are in a relationship wherein you don't manage to get your share of joy and happiness, then it's better to leave the knot at that moment itself. If you have been suffering an unhealthy relationship for a long time, i.e., a relationship that is abusive verbally or physically, or encourages you to participate in unhealthy actiities, then you're harming your health. An unhealthy relationship causes stress and this further lowers your blood pressure, immunity and digestive system.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/20-bad-habits-you-need-to-quit-now/articleshow/18162949.cms

There you have it folks,you can add your ideas.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Common Bad Habits We Must Quit For Healthy Living by Tallesty1(m): 11:43am On Sep 18, 2014
NICE ONE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Common Bad Habits We Must Quit For Healthy Living by Nobody: 11:50am On Sep 18, 2014
Tallesty1: NICE ONE
Re: 10 Common Bad Habits We Must Quit For Healthy Living by Stanpeed: 1:55pm On Sep 19, 2014
Re: 10 Common Bad Habits We Must Quit For Healthy Living by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 19, 2014
Re: 10 Common Bad Habits We Must Quit For Healthy Living by Nobody: 10:38pm On Sep 19, 2014
...lol...

I wont deny it.....I do some of those listed points...

Maybe out of ignorance....
Re: 10 Common Bad Habits We Must Quit For Healthy Living by Nobody: 10:53pm On Sep 19, 2014
r smokers liable to die young

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Common Bad Habits We Must Quit For Healthy Living by Nobody: 10:54pm On Sep 19, 2014
temigracie: ...lol...

I wont deny it.....I do some of those listed points...

Maybe out of ignorance....
ekaale ma'am
Re: 10 Common Bad Habits We Must Quit For Healthy Living by spanzed(m): 11:04pm On Sep 19, 2014
No 8 victicm...I don't no how my hand and teeth do meet self...The thing tyre me grin
Re: 10 Common Bad Habits We Must Quit For Healthy Living by Nobody: 12:47am On Sep 20, 2014
Lol can't lie, I'm totally guilty of number 4, I love high heels!! Thanks for sharing though, I'm still living and learning everyday smiley
Re: 10 Common Bad Habits We Must Quit For Healthy Living by Nobody: 9:43pm On Sep 20, 2014
Not walking and working out.People these days see trekking as a poor-man's activity they rather take an okada from their sitting-room to their bed-room than trekking.
Imagine me jogging one day and to my suprise some women where saying me no get work na why i dey jog.i just shook my head and laughed.
Na latter things
Re: 10 Common Bad Habits We Must Quit For Healthy Living by xoosh: 9:20pm On Mar 23, 2017
?
Re: 10 Common Bad Habits We Must Quit For Healthy Living by xoosh: 4:20pm On May 08, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Cancer Causing Foods We Consume Regularly / Effect Of Soft Drink (pics) / Fatal Car Accident Kills Pregnant Woman And Driver On The Spot (graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.