Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,859 members, 7,848,494 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 01:48 AM

Former Gov. Sheriff Lied Over His N30M Gift To Idps - Says Ngala IDP C.man - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former Gov. Sheriff Lied Over His N30M Gift To Idps - Says Ngala IDP C.man (403 Views)

The Untold Story Of Heroic Deeds In Gamboru Ngala (video) / Chief-Of-Army-Staff, Buratai, Visits Troops In Gamboru-Ngala (Photos) / Mbaka Lied Over Frozen Accounts – EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Former Gov. Sheriff Lied Over His N30M Gift To Idps - Says Ngala IDP C.man by Naijacitizen(m): 6:33pm On Sep 18, 2014
The Chairman of the Internally Displaced Persons of Ngala Local Government, Alhaji Goni Abacha Kadai, who is also the Mukadam of Dikwa, has denied receiving a single kobo on behalf of his camp from former Governor Ali Modu Sheriff, his agents or any of his representatives.

Kadai made this known to journalists in Maiduguri in a Press briefing this evening.

Sheriff, had, in a press briefing with some selected journalists in Maiduguri few days ago, said he donated the sum of N30m each and food items to some Internally Displaced Persons camp in the state.

But debunking Sheriff's claims, Abatcha Kadai says: "It has come to our notice that the former Governor of Borno State, Ali Modu Sheriff, had on Tuesday 16th September, 2014 addressed a selected members of the Press and said he donated the sum of N30 million each to three internally displaced persons camp in the state. The camps are that of Bama, Ngala and Dikwa.

"Let me categorically state here that no single kobo was received by me or by any member of my committee from Ali Modu Sheriff or through his agents or representatives," Kadai stated.

Kadai further stated that the former Governor who is good at propaganda was only paying lips service to the sufferings of his people, as according to him, Sheriff's propaganda was to set the public after him by making them to believe that the committee defrauded the displaced persons under his care.

"Let me also put it succinctly clear that it is a propaganda by former Governor Ali Modu Sheriff to deceive the general public into believing that he has genuine concern for the displaced people and also to set the public after us by making them to believe that our committee defrauded the displaced persons under our care.

"If propaganda in politics served him well, let him know that propaganda in the name of displaced persons cannot serve him well.

"Why will a person in position of SAS and also a son of Ngala Local Government lie to his people? His people that made him who he is today? Why will he lie to his kinsmen? This is the highest level of acts of deception to mankind and we condemn it in its totality.

"The Prophet of Islam said lying is one of the ways we can identify a hypocrite and by this we can unequivocally say that Ali Modu Sheriff is a hypocrite. We know his antecedents and who he is and how he is good at deceiving the public.

"Ali Modu Sheriff has never - I repeat, NEVER, in the history of this insurgency made a statement about the happenings in Ngala even when our markets were destroyed. He has never deemed it necessary to visit us or send representatives to visit and even when he came to Maiduguri he did not visit our camp.

"Let me conclude by thanking Gov. Kashim Shettima for his untiring support to our people in their times of need and we pledge our total loyalty to him. He stood by us throughout the period of our travails whereas our own son completely abandoned us to our fate," the statements read in part.

(1) (Reply)

Jonathans Adoption Best Thing To Happen To Nigeria. / The World Without GSM / Where Are The Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.