Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,468 members, 7,836,852 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

Why Do Many Nigerians, Including Educated Ones, Show Inferior Mentality? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Many Nigerians, Including Educated Ones, Show Inferior Mentality? (3327 Views)

Niger Deports 3,000 Nigerians, Including Refugees Fleeing Boko Haram / Nigerians, Including The Yoruba, Are In Agreement About Yoruba Ways Of Life / Nigerians, Including Yorubas, Representing In India (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Many Nigerians, Including Educated Ones, Show Inferior Mentality? by redsun(m): 12:29am On Sep 24, 2014
Blacks have been schooled to see themselves as inferior and worthless,while on the hand white man has manage to trick his own mind to believe and legitimize the concept that blacks are inferior and should be treated like nonentities. It is a question of distorted realities on both side.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Many Nigerians, Including Educated Ones, Show Inferior Mentality? by tpia: 3:53am On Sep 24, 2014
Ramnon2:

Where did you read from me that I do not like the American accent. In your one-track mind the love of Igbo accent = dislike for American accent?
Have you also asked the Americans in Nigeria who do not speak with a Nigerian accent to leave Nigeria? Your inferiority complex is becoming palpable.

my question was why would you stay somewhere you dont like the accents? Do you prefer the aggravation of listening to strange accents which sound silly to you?

it doesnt make sense to me.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Many Nigerians, Including Educated Ones, Show Inferior Mentality? by Kessyy2k4(m): 5:16pm On Sep 25, 2014
Ramnon2:

That (strine strain) in color speaks volume about you. Bloody, bloody semi illiterate. grin grin grin grin
hmmmm mr Oxford! kindly go tru all my post & effects my mistake:-/

1 Like

Re: Why Do Many Nigerians, Including Educated Ones, Show Inferior Mentality? by Kessyy2k4(m): 5:19pm On Sep 25, 2014
byrron:

At OP, this is one of them.

Inferiority complex plus inferior education is engraved in his DNA.
Im sure he is a student receiving lectures from the american wannabe prof that also came to the confrence in DC.
Its called inferiority transfer from prof to student.

Na dia way.
I see alot of them here too.
are u the social police here is my 2hands for handcuffsgringringrin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Many Nigerians, Including Educated Ones, Show Inferior Mentality? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Sep 25, 2014
What baffles me more these days are the names Nigerians on Nigerian soil give their kids, full blooded Nigerian parents give names like Ethan, Derrick, Romeo, Jason, Keisha, zino, Ewan, Owen, Oprah, Nicky, chloe etc to their kids.

Welll these names are not even short names for christian names or probably have a significant meaning. I asked a client of mine awhile back " Mr.xxXXX what's the meaning of ethan, and he said he likes the sound of the name hence naming his son that.

The crazy one is seeing a Nigerian going for vacation in UK for just a month and he comes back with an American Accent or vice versa.

Really is it inferiority complex or they just aint proud of their culture?

Re: Why Do Many Nigerians, Including Educated Ones, Show Inferior Mentality? by ISpiksDaTroof: 6:46pm On Sep 25, 2014
smoothsk:

The crazy one is seeing a Nigerian going for vacation in UK for just a month and he comes back with an American Accent or vice versa.

Really is it inferiority complex or they just aint proud of their culture?
When did "aint" become part of the African lexicon?
Re: Why Do Many Nigerians, Including Educated Ones, Show Inferior Mentality? by freeafrica365: 7:24pm On Sep 25, 2014
This is my oddball assessment: if you travel and prefer land there, it is implied that you think they (americans) are better - why else would we move here in droves, me included? It sends a message. So although he is a full fledged imo sell out, we are all selling out if we are here instead of making our way to nigeria. We cant pick and choose imo who we think is so much more African, when many of us arent even in Africa, and some have said to me - explicitly that they have no intentions of going back.

Sure, Im Igbo. I try to hold onto my culture, but we are just as Western as anyone else that has moved. We may not be so severely disconnected but our motives for going to America - usually is for a better life, not a better Africa.

I am going back to Lagos, after graduation. Do you know how many of my schoolmates will be here? 98% - only two of us are making real plans, ie already have downpayment for rentals, looking to interview...going back.

So, I think we have to be careful with talking about him, without scrutinizing our Americanized selves

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

An Analysis/predictions Of The Presidential Elections In South East (igbo)states / Lagos 'competes' With New York City (photo) / Shocking Difference Between President Buhari And The Indian Prime Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.