Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,058 members, 7,828,724 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Does The Nigerian Constitution Permit A Man To Beat His Wife?? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does The Nigerian Constitution Permit A Man To Beat His Wife?? (849 Views)

Parents Send Soldiers To Beat Guests At Son's Wedding / Man Beat His Wife For Not Calling Him "Sir" / Help! He Can't Beat His Wife Anymore (She Learnt Karate) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does The Nigerian Constitution Permit A Man To Beat His Wife?? by Chinum: 8:41pm On Sep 18, 2014
I came across some stories about women that died due to the maltreatment they got from their husbands. cry
https://www.nairaland.com/899323/cry-grave-ogos-story/2

http://www.bellanaija.com/2012/03/26/the-breaking-point-when-should-you-leave/

But what worries me most is learning that in the Nigerian Constitution & even some religions (unless it has been amended) actually permit a man to beat his wife to correct her as long as he does not inflict bodily harm. shocked If this is true then we really have a long way to go.

I understand that women can be funny @times but is that enough justification to maltreat your companion whom you had vowed to love n cherish? Notwithstanding that you could have your own faults as well?

I don't blame ladies that have vowed not to get married but would rather go for single motherhood. Since the marriage thingy doesn't favour them.

I believe some marriages are like heaven on earth but I bet you they can be countable. I also believe that there should be a kind of therapy centre where men especially who have some abusive tendencies can go n seek help cos it's very abnormal for a human being to derive pleasure or satisfaction in destroying the life of another.

2 Likes

Re: Does The Nigerian Constitution Permit A Man To Beat His Wife?? by cococandy(f): 8:50pm On Sep 18, 2014
post the link for that constitution
lets go and see GEJ right now angry angry
Re: Does The Nigerian Constitution Permit A Man To Beat His Wife?? by Rexphobia(m): 9:14pm On Sep 18, 2014
It's called rule of thumb
Re: Does The Nigerian Constitution Permit A Man To Beat His Wife?? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Sep 18, 2014
any man that beat woman irrespect of her offence is slowpoke

(1) (Reply)

Materialistic Inlaw / Woman Gets Quadruplets After 14-year Wait / How Facebook Help Me Reunite With My Family After 12years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.