Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Can Social Media Save The Nigerian Soldiers That Have Been Sentenced To Death - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Social Media Save The Nigerian Soldiers That Have Been Sentenced To Death (517 Views)

Tribute To Officers And Soldiers That Fought Against Bokoharam But Died In The P / Breaking news: Oscar Pistorius Has Been Sentenced To Five Years Imprisonment. / Farouk Lawan Has Been Sentenced To 13 Years Imprisonment (False) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Social Media Save The Nigerian Soldiers That Have Been Sentenced To Death by brainbox2014(m): 9:51pm On Sep 18, 2014
I understand that most readers would feel this is coming too late, but I never really envisaged the 'most lethal outcome' of an emotional ouburst by some Nigerian soldiers who were accused of mutiny after they felt 'betrayed' by their GOC. You all know the story so there's no need going over it again.
There's a saying that evil prevails when good men do nothing, and I believe there's a sufficient amount of goodness in every soul reading this, enough to cause an online stir of concern. Even if we fail in the end, at least we know that we tried. I don't know so much about twitter but I know that stuffs go viral like Ebola there just with the addition of an hashtag. So, I'm calling on everyone reading this to 'join or create' the #PardonTheSoldiers campaign on Twitter. Let's create a storm of compassion on Facebook and any other relevant platform and see if we can get the media houses' attention. Perhaps, the people in the position to help and change the fate of these soldiers will reverse the verdict. Let's see if we can harness the power of social media to cause a stir in the seats of power to reverse the verdict. Nigeria has already lost enough soldiers in the fight against Boko Haram. Thank you.
#PardonTheSoldiers

Re: Can Social Media Save The Nigerian Soldiers That Have Been Sentenced To Death by nnamezie87(m): 9:54pm On Sep 18, 2014
#PardonTheSoldiers ......No to capital punishment

FP things....... can U see me from there?

1 Like

Re: Can Social Media Save The Nigerian Soldiers That Have Been Sentenced To Death by Sparrow13: 10:25pm On Sep 18, 2014
I know deep down my heart that the will be pardon, if not for anything but for political gains.
Re: Can Social Media Save The Nigerian Soldiers That Have Been Sentenced To Death by Ekundayo7: 6:17am On Sep 19, 2014
There had better be a pardon, this is beyond belief but then again, only in naija. This needs to be front page every day.
Re: Can Social Media Save The Nigerian Soldiers That Have Been Sentenced To Death by Nobody: 6:44am On Sep 19, 2014
There is hypocrisy in the armed forces..what did the military do against the G.O.C of Basawa barracks that ordered the killing of innocent shiites muslim on that black friday in Zaria...Did the presidency or military tender any form of apology to Sheikh El-zakzagy who lost 3 of his sons and 35 of his followers...

(1) (Reply)

Political Awareness: Barrister Ariyo Robinson / Chibok Girls Released. / Hundreds Burnt To Death In Lagos Pipeline explosion - Obasanjo Era Dec 2006

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.