Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,769 members, 7,820,686 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Boko Haram: Things’ll Change By Next Month — Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Things’ll Change By Next Month — Jonathan (1176 Views)

APC Shouting CHAINS And We Heard CHANGE By Ben Murray / Fashola, Amaechi, Tinubu And Change By Shaka Momodu / When Impatience Replaces Change.. By Gbemisola Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram: Things’ll Change By Next Month — Jonathan by drsolob2(m): 5:32am On Sep 19, 2014
ABUJA—President Goodluck Jonathan
promised yesterday that by next month, the
security challenge posed by members of the
Boko Haram sect who have engaged in
massive killing and wanton destruction of
property would change drastically. This is
just as the troops have killed 60 of the
insurgents.
Speaking yesterday at the 66th National
Executive Committee, NEC of the Peoples
Democratic Party, PDP, President Jonathan
who admitted that the nation’s greatest
challenge was that of insecurity, stressed
that what obtains presently in Nigeria has
gone beyond terror, but plans to secede
where members of Boko Haram want to
install their own leadership.
Commiserating with victims of killings in
Kaduna and Kano states, the President
disclosed that he would be attending the
United Nations General Assembly summit
on Global Terrorism which all the super
powers would attend.
He said: “Nigeria is having an unfair share.
Terror is a global problem, and Nigeria
situation is going beyond terror. When
terrorists think about holding ground,
attempting to install leadership, it is no
longer terrorism, it is almost like going into
the line of succession. Between now and
October, things will change.
He appreciated the Senate and the entire
National Assembly for their statement and
joining the government in this regard,
promising to bring it to an end.
Meanwhile, following the regrouping of
Boko Haram terrorists and a second attack
on Konduga town by the insurgents on
Wednesday night, the Nigerian Army said
another 60 insurgents were killed in the
battle that ensued.
After the confrontation which lasted from
4pm to 8pm, several military hardware
recovered from the insurgents included 13
AK-47 rifles, five RPGs, two General Purpose
Machine Guns (GPMGs) and one anti-
aircraft gun.
Two Ford Ranger pick-up vehicles that could
be used to mount anti-aircraft attack
ordnance were also recovered.
www.vanguardngr.com/2014/09/boko-haram-thingsll-change-next-month-jonathan/
Re: Boko Haram: Things’ll Change By Next Month — Jonathan by segzyj(m): 5:39am On Sep 19, 2014
Talk less and do more Oga Jonah. Talk is Cheap until you hire a lawyer

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Things’ll Change By Next Month — Jonathan by Rawani: 5:40am On Sep 19, 2014
You cannot defend your house from your bedroom. Those who win wars go to the field or at least, encourage their troops by visiting them and not sit in Presidential villas like a teenage coward and drinking themselves to stupor. All these weak distractions won't fly, what we are interested in is the true destination of the illegal weapons bought suspiciously, and the investigation of all those indicted in various revelations.

This is a more realistic way of predicting the end of Boko Haram, and not random Bombay vodka induced pronouncements of victory when nothing has changed in strategy or operations.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Things’ll Change By Next Month — Jonathan by estyvino(m): 5:45am On Sep 19, 2014
guyz above me needed bobo drink. What do yu expect him say, yu want him advice us to run? As a leader, yu must learn to be(speak) positive @ all time

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Things’ll Change By Next Month — Jonathan by LordMecuzy(m): 5:46am On Sep 19, 2014
I Can See Everything is Turning around In Jesus Name. Positive Changes.

Kudos to d Nigerian Military

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Things’ll Change By Next Month — Jonathan by LordMecuzy(m): 5:46am On Sep 19, 2014
estyvino: .

Hey I go report u to Shekau oh
Re: Boko Haram: Things’ll Change By Next Month — Jonathan by omenka(m): 5:49am On Sep 19, 2014
Rawani: How many times?
I tire oo!! The man is just not fit for a president, simple.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Things’ll Change By Next Month — Jonathan by eleojo23: 5:52am On Sep 19, 2014
I share your optimism. But I hope it is backed up with a solid plan to that effect. Wishing Nigeria goodluck in this fight.
Re: Boko Haram: Things’ll Change By Next Month — Jonathan by Gorrbachev: 5:56am On Sep 19, 2014
The way this guy does his things cracks me up. "By this time tomorrow it will be 20th September 2014". SMH grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Things’ll Change By Next Month — Jonathan by kwanKwasiyya(m): 5:59am On Sep 19, 2014
Rawani: You cannot defend your house from your bedroom. Those who have won wars go to the field or at least, encourage their troops by visiting them and not sit in Presidential villas like a teenage coward and drinking themselves to stupor. All these weak distractions won't fly, what we are interested in is the true destination of the illegal weapons bought suspiciously, and the investigation of all those indicted in various revelations.

This is a more realistic way of predicting the end of Boko Haram, and not random Bombay vodka induced pronouncements of victory when nothing has changed in strategy or operations.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Things’ll Change By Next Month — Jonathan by estyvino(m): 6:03am On Sep 19, 2014
LordMecuzy:

Hey I go report u to Shekau oh
I beeiin dey book space nai yu come go quote me, hahaha. Go check that dot again, I don modifie-am smiley
Re: Boko Haram: Things’ll Change By Next Month — Jonathan by Nobody: 6:04am On Sep 19, 2014
Next
Re: Boko Haram: Things’ll Change By Next Month — Jonathan by englishmart(m): 6:06am On Sep 19, 2014
Jona is working,
Haters are grumbling
E warriors are fighting

But I am saying GEJ till a better candidate emerges

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Things’ll Change By Next Month — Jonathan by sademola: 6:16am On Sep 19, 2014
Oga Jona!!!!!!!!!! Talk less n act more

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Things’ll Change By Next Month — Jonathan by Nobody: 6:22am On Sep 19, 2014
jonaaaaaaaaahhooooo

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Things’ll Change By Next Month — Jonathan by abu12: 6:25am On Sep 19, 2014
Won't be surprise sin jonadumb and his gang control boko haram

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Things’ll Change By Next Month — Jonathan by drsolob2(m): 6:25am On Sep 19, 2014
I dnt known what tfpe of president we have in thes country
Re: Boko Haram: Things’ll Change By Next Month — Jonathan by ferdsmart(m): 6:47am On Sep 19, 2014
fp material
Re: Boko Haram: Things’ll Change By Next Month — Jonathan by Exjoker(m): 7:16am On Sep 19, 2014
We hope so cuz stories like this have been told on many occations buh notin ever change
Re: Boko Haram: Things’ll Change By Next Month — Jonathan by ogbenicodes(m): 7:19am On Sep 19, 2014
Since they are the accused sponsors of the Boko Haram, they can choose to end it anytime...

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Things’ll Change By Next Month — Jonathan by GowonAbacha: 7:23am On Sep 19, 2014
As far as GEJ and PDP is concerned, boko haram are likely to continue their menace..only an efficient change in government will stop this sect..

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Things’ll Change By Next Month — Jonathan by LaRoyalHighness(f): 7:45am On Sep 19, 2014
Amen to that Mr President.... Just worried because 'next month' is october and few hours away.

i believe you and hope you wont remind me in october that you said 'next month' which is november.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Things’ll Change By Next Month — Jonathan by ayukdaboss(m): 8:57am On Sep 19, 2014
Why won't things change when their FG paid job is almost 100% complete.
Re: Boko Haram: Things’ll Change By Next Month — Jonathan by ayukdaboss(m): 8:57am On Sep 19, 2014
ogbenicodes: Since they are the accused sponsors of the Boko Haram, they can choose to end it anytime...
Seconded
Re: Boko Haram: Things’ll Change By Next Month — Jonathan by Nobody: 9:27am On Sep 19, 2014
Thank God for Jonathan..
Re: Boko Haram: Things’ll Change By Next Month — Jonathan by lonelydora: 9:33am On Sep 19, 2014
We must end it by all means whether US wants it or not.
Re: Boko Haram: Things’ll Change By Next Month — Jonathan by ifaoni(m): 10:43am On Sep 19, 2014
na today? check my signature to get affordable datas.
Re: Boko Haram: Things’ll Change By Next Month — Jonathan by talktimi(m): 10:46am On Sep 19, 2014
Everything going just as I predicted a while back. Very soon dogs will have their tails between their legs screaming political witch hunting while damning evidences against them would say otherwise.

(1) (Reply)

Dr. Ifeanyi Arthur Okowa D Man For Deltans In 2015 / Why Are Lagosians So Aggressive? / Tambuwal And Co Should Be Locked Up - OPINION

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.