Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:14 PM

Range Rover Sport(supercharged) -- Abs/airshock (help Needed) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Range Rover Sport(supercharged) -- Abs/airshock (help Needed) (1165 Views)

Check Out The Chinese Version Of Range Rover, So Cute! (Photos) / 2014 Range Rover Sport Unveiled With Lighter Look / Leaked Images Of the 2014 Range Rover Sport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Range Rover Sport(supercharged) -- Abs/airshock (help Needed) by maxit2(m): 8:37am On Sep 19, 2014
Hello,
My 08 Range Sport(Supercharged) was working fine until i had a fuel-pump problem. I changed the fuel-pump,8-plugs,brake bulbs and serviced the injector.
The car started and all cylinders were firing well.

However, after this installation i observed the car was not balanced. The dashboard was showing almost all the errors.

1. HDC fault system unavailable
2. Special programs unavailable
3. ABS
4. BRAKE (red light)
5. A yellow sign that probably means the car isn't stable(balanced)
6. One or two other yellow signs. BUT no engine or oil sign.

Now the suspension buttons are not working. The terrain selection button(To select stuff life, granite, smooth road, mud, e.t.c) is also not working. The button for (Hill Descend) doesn't respond. It just constantly shows that the car is descending down a hill. Sometimes, the car alarm(Panic) just goes on even when there is no cause for alarm.

I am NOT from Lagos, so far i have taken the car to two major auto-electricians in my small city. They have tried and it's still not working.

Has anyone encountered or heard of this problem before ? Any recommendations ?
Should i bring the car to Lagos ? is there a guarantee that it can be fixed there ? Is there an official LandRover dealer shop in Lagos ?
Re: Range Rover Sport(supercharged) -- Abs/airshock (help Needed) by Readonee35L(m): 8:40am On Sep 19, 2014
Nawao
Why didnt you scan the car
dont just let anybody tamper with it
Get a comprehensive scan
i am very sure it will throw some codes post it here please
Re: Range Rover Sport(supercharged) -- Abs/airshock (help Needed) by maxit2(m): 8:44am On Sep 19, 2014
@inspired_m
@inspiredm
@chelseabmw
@bimbor
@carxus
@glasshouse

All past/present owners of this vehicle or anyone with experience please drop me a line or two of recommendation.
Re: Range Rover Sport(supercharged) -- Abs/airshock (help Needed) by maxit2(m): 8:57am On Sep 19, 2014
Readonee35L: Nawao
Why didnt you scan the car
dont just let anybody tamper with it
Get a comprehensive scan
i am very sure it will throw some codes post it here please

Thanks for the suggestion.
However we have done all those scans.
At 1st when the vehicle refused to start. We scanned and it brought back..

LOW ENGINE PERFORMANCE.
Then we saw things like
Cylinder 2, 4, 5, 8 Misfire.
In other words, the eight cylinders were not getting enough gas to fire properly or maybe their plugs were not doing their jobs.
Hence we replaced the fuel pump and plugs. This solved that issue and the scan didn't bring up that error again.

They Auto Electricians have confirmed they didn't detect any issues with the ABS. Yet it is displayed on the dashboard.
Re: Range Rover Sport(supercharged) -- Abs/airshock (help Needed) by Readonee35L(m): 9:02am On Sep 19, 2014
maxit2:

LOW ENGINE PERFORMANCE.
Then we saw things like
In other words, the eight cylinders were not getting enough gas to fire properly or maybe their plugs were not doing their jobs.
Hence we replaced the fuel pump and plugs. This solved that issue and the scan didn't bring up that error again.

They Auto Electricians have confirmed they didn't detect any issues with the ABS. Yet it is displayed on the dashboard.

if the car runs well
kindly clear the codes and drive for like 30mins
am sure if something is really wrong d codes will come
Re: Range Rover Sport(supercharged) -- Abs/airshock (help Needed) by maxit2(m): 9:09am On Sep 19, 2014
Readonee35L:

if the car runs well
kindly clear the codes and drive for like 30mins
am sure if something is really wrong d codes will come

The car doesn't run well because of the unbalanced suspension setting.
The Airshock is lowered below STANDARD and the car's "drive sense" is that i am going down a slope. Where's i am on a straight plain.
The errors don't clear.
The buttons for changing the suspension height/terrain doesn't work. It just makes a sound when the knob is turned.
Re: Range Rover Sport(supercharged) -- Abs/airshock (help Needed) by Denn(m): 9:58am On Sep 19, 2014
It's evident there was a tamper during the earlier fix.

During fuel pump removal, I would suggest checking all modules that were removed are properly plugged in, etc
Re: Range Rover Sport(supercharged) -- Abs/airshock (help Needed) by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:53am On Sep 19, 2014
maxit2: Hello,
My 08 Range Sport(Supercharged) was working fine until i had a fuel-pump problem. I changed the fuel-pump,8-plugs,brake bulbs and serviced the injector.
The car started and all cylinders were firing well.

However, after this installation i observed the car was not balanced. The dashboard was showing almost all the errors.

1. HDC fault system unavailable
2. Special programs unavailable
3. ABS
4. BRAKE (red light)
5. A yellow sign that probably means the car isn't stable(balanced)
6. One or two other yellow signs. BUT no engine or oil sign.

Now the suspension buttons are not working. The terrain selection button(To select stuff life, granite, smooth road, mud, e.t.c) is also not working. The button for (Hill Descend) doesn't respond. It just constantly shows that the car is descending down a hill. Sometimes, the car alarm(Panic) just goes on even when there is no cause for alarm.

I am NOT from Lagos, so far i have taken the car to two major auto-electricians in my small city. They have tried and it's still not working.

Has anyone encountered or heard of this problem before ? Any recommendations ?
Should i bring the car to Lagos ? is there a guarantee that it can be fixed there ? Is there an official LandRover dealer shop in Lagos ?

what made you change the fuel pump and service the injectors ?

from my personal experience here in uk we dont service the injectors i assume its becoz the fuel is much cleaner hence they never clog

i assume that nigerian fuel is bit dirty, since i always here the servicing of injectors but even though the injectors would be the last place to touch i would start with fuel filter, not point to service the injectors, when you have changed the dirty oil filter

here in UK, the basic we buy a chemical that we pour in the fuel tank and it cleans the injectors as shown in the photos

for now take off the battery for an hour or overnight and see if it resets some of the things

Re: Range Rover Sport(supercharged) -- Abs/airshock (help Needed) by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 19, 2014
maxit2:

LOW ENGINE PERFORMANCE.
Then we saw things like

check out this guy Sooperrescue https://www.nairaland.com/sooperrescue if you dn't mind, is that your only car?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Vehicle Owners With Defective Airbags Urged To Take Immediate Action / Red Color GDS VCI For Kia & Hyundai (red/blue) With Trigger Module Firmware V2.0 / Which Obd2 Tool Is Batter?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.