Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,656 members, 7,820,290 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Will Soldiers Who Kill Go To Hell? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will Soldiers Who Kill Go To Hell? (931 Views)

intimate Perversions That Leads To Hell Christians Should Avoid. / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" / List Of People I Saw Going to Hell: Footballers & Fans, Musicians, Non-Tithers.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Soldiers Who Kill Go To Hell? by Nobody: 9:03am On Sep 19, 2014
I have been thinking and would love to seek your opinion on this matter. It is written in the bible thou shalt not kill. Will the soldiers that kill in defense of a nation go to hell or do they have an immunity from God since there are defending a nation? I would like to know more about the teachings of the Christian church on this matter. Your intelligent comments are highly appreciated.
Re: Will Soldiers Who Kill Go To Hell? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:05am On Sep 19, 2014
Are you asking people who have been in hell to verify?

1 Like

Re: Will Soldiers Who Kill Go To Hell? by Nobody: 9:07am On Sep 19, 2014
AlfaSeltzer: Are you asking people who have been in hell to verify?
I am asking the living and not the dead. What I seek is an opinion. Cheers
Re: Will Soldiers Who Kill Go To Hell? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:08am On Sep 19, 2014
ijigaparadox:
I am asking the living and not the dead. What I seek is an opinion. Cheers

How do you expect the living to know that?
Re: Will Soldiers Who Kill Go To Hell? by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 19, 2014
You cannot go to somewhere that does not exist !
Re: Will Soldiers Who Kill Go To Hell? by Nobody: 9:15am On Sep 19, 2014
frosbel: You cannot go to somewhere that does not exist !
Are you trying to say that there is no hell? It dats what you think, fine its your opinion and i respect it but I believe as it is written in the bible...
Re: Will Soldiers Who Kill Go To Hell? by IseOluwa777(m): 9:39am On Sep 19, 2014
my friend, soldiers. that kill legitimate targets - the enemy, in this Nigerian context Boko Haram, can go to heaven if they are born again. John the Baptist in the book of Luke said to soldiers by the Word of the Lord :

"Luke 3:14 And the soldiers likewise demanded of him, saying, And what shall we do? And he said unto them, Do violence to no man, neither accuse any falsely; and be content with your wages."

So wicked oppressive soldiers that shoot everything that moves carelessly, accuse and oppress others with their authority have a case to answer. Same with all military forces.

"Being content with your wages" implies that the soldier is to soldier on, killing when necessary. In fact the scripture says they are God's ministers and they do not bear the sword (gun) in vain.

"Rom 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.Rom 13:2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.Rom 13:3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:Rom 13:4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.
Rom 13:5 Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.Rom 13:6 For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.

2 Likes

Re: Will Soldiers Who Kill Go To Hell? by Orunto: 9:49am On Sep 19, 2014
No. They do not go to hell. It is God who decides. Just as it was God who really know where Judas Iscariot is kept right now. What about Pontius Pilate and his officers that nailed our Saviour to the cross and actually killed Him? Since you and I have not been judged wrong or right, no way we can know how God judges and know Heaven or hell. In other words, Heaven or hell can only be reserved for you and I when God judges so. Killing by soldiers is different from killing by bokoharam. One kills to save humanity, the other kills humanity.
Re: Will Soldiers Who Kill Go To Hell? by Nobody: 9:55am On Sep 19, 2014
IseOluwa777: my friend, soldiers. that kill legitimate targets - the enemy, in this Nigerian context Boko Haram, can go to heaven if they are born again. John the Baptist in the book of Luke said to soldiers by the Word of the Lord :

"Luke 3:14 And the soldiers likewise demanded of him, saying, And what shall we do? And he said unto them, Do violence to no man, neither accuse any falsely; and be content with your wages."

So wicked oppressive soldiers that shoot everything that moves carelessly, accuse and oppress others with their authority have a case to answer. Same with all military forces.
Your comment is intelligent... Thanks
Re: Will Soldiers Who Kill Go To Hell? by Nobody: 9:56am On Sep 19, 2014
Orunto: No. They do not go to hell. It is God who decides. Just as it was God who really know where Judas Iscariot is kept right now. What about Pontius Pilate and his officers that nailed our Saviour to the cross and actually killed Him? Since you and I have not been judged wrong or right, no way we can know how God judges and know Heaven or hell. In other words, Heaven or hell can only be reserved for you and I when God judges so. Killing by soldiers is different from killing by bokoharam. One kills to save humanity, the other kills humanity.
Beautiful comment... I agree with you totally, However, more opinion on this matter are welcomed....
Re: Will Soldiers Who Kill Go To Hell? by Raiders: 1:48pm On Sep 19, 2014
what makes you think hell exist
Re: Will Soldiers Who Kill Go To Hell? by willydadon(m): 8:59pm On Sep 19, 2014
No because they act on orders from their commanders and they do it in defence of their country.

1 Like

Re: Will Soldiers Who Kill Go To Hell? by Orunto: 11:29am On Sep 20, 2014
The book of Job acknowledges the status of satan as the Chief Engineer of God. The main responsibility of a Chief Engineer in any manufacturing company, is "Quality Control",that is, to ensure that a Nigerian Vehicle that is produced, meet all acceptable national and international standards before it is rolled out for sales. God establishes the Office of satan to ensure that Barak Obama, Our own GEJ, Angella Merkel, Putin etc, do not deviate from His principles of rulership, which He has given them. And when they do, satan is always on earth to deal with them in the authority allowed it by God. He who pays the piper dictates the tune. Hire and fire is the responsibility of the employer. God employs satan and reserves the right to scrap its office. An employer employs the Chief Engineer and can decide to do away with the position if considered unnecessary. God employs satan and its demons, Judas, Pontius Pilate and their cohorts. This same God establishes His Son as the Standard of Righteousness and Angels to minister unto Him in tendering humans for righteousness. So it is God and only God that apportions "rewards for good and bad works(jobs) , 'cos He creates them all..
Re: Will Soldiers Who Kill Go To Hell? by Nobody: 11:47am On Sep 20, 2014
Killing in itself is not what God condemns. It is very possible for an individual to kill and still be at right with God. Wrongful killing however, is greatly condemned and anyone who kills wrongfully is liable for punishment. To answer your question: It depends!

1 Like

Re: Will Soldiers Who Kill Go To Hell? by Raiders: 3:20pm On Sep 20, 2014
Soldiers will go to hell because the bible say thou shall not kill.
Re: Will Soldiers Who Kill Go To Hell? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 20, 2014
That wouldn't make sense.

David led many wars and won with the help of God. God even permits rape, robbery, and slavery in times of war grin

Jesus didn't necessarily speak against the above, so all is well and good for our Christian soldiers.
Re: Will Soldiers Who Kill Go To Hell? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 20, 2014
Hell is fun.
Re: Will Soldiers Who Kill Go To Hell? by Ukutsgp(m): 6:17pm On Sep 20, 2014
Raiders: Soldiers will go to hell because the bible say thou shall not kill.
where do you hear that?
Re: Will Soldiers Who Kill Go To Hell? by Macelliot(m): 6:22pm On Sep 20, 2014
frosbel: You cannot go to somewhere that does not exist !
Even Satanists here on Nairaland knows that it exists
Re: Will Soldiers Who Kill Go To Hell? by macof(m): 8:43pm On Sep 20, 2014
striktlymi: Killing in itself is not what God condemns. It is very possible for an individual to kill and still be at right with God. Wrongful killing however, is greatly condemned and anyone who kills wrongfully is liable for punishment. To answer your question: It depends!

wrongful killings like genocide?? Killing a people who did nothing wrong?
Re: Will Soldiers Who Kill Go To Hell? by macof(m): 8:45pm On Sep 20, 2014
Even molestation is holy in the sight of the Christian God

1 Like

Re: Will Soldiers Who Kill Go To Hell? by macof(m): 8:49pm On Sep 20, 2014
ijigaparadox:
Are you trying to say that there is no hell? It dats what you think, fine its your opinion and i respect it but I believe as it is written in the bible...

do you believe in talking donkeys and flying horses too?

1 Like

Re: Will Soldiers Who Kill Go To Hell? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Sep 20, 2014
macof: Even molestation is holy in the sight of the Christian God
You got it all wrong dear.. The Christian God is a God of righteousness and Holiness. He is a God of justice... Cheers

(1) (Reply)

10 Year Old Boy Thrown Into River For Alleged Witchcraft In Akwa Ibom / Divine Royalty / Obama The Forerunner Of The Antichrist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.