Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,793 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:02 PM

The Midnight Supper- An Excerpt From *I Need To Know* - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Midnight Supper- An Excerpt From *I Need To Know* (1622 Views)

The Midnight Sun / Excerpt From My Book. Criticize Pls! / An Excerpt From My Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Midnight Supper- An Excerpt From *I Need To Know* by Nobody: 11:09am On Sep 19, 2014
This is an excerpt from the main story.

Although she was still hungry, Tania felt the meat she took from the pot was enough to sustain her till the next day, when her punishment of 'No Food' will be over. She checked the time to know how many hours to daybreak. It was 11:30pm.
She laid on the ground, in the sitting room, and tried using her tongue to remove the bits of meat in her mouth. She imagined how she would devour whatever food her mother give her the next day.
She was still on this thought and imagination when she slept off.
She had slept for three hours when someone kicked her.
' Wake up', she heard an angry voice commanding.
'It's my dream', she thought.
She rolled to her leftside, and used her folded hand as a pillow. She smiled as she curled her legs and drew her knee closer to her chest.
'Phah', something fleshy, flat, rough, and hard hit across the face.
'Yeah', she exclaimed painfully.
She jumped up, rubbing her face hardly as if rubbing it will take the pain away. She opened her eyes and made sure her senses were also working well.
Standing in front of her was her mother, who was holding a cane, and seems to be boiling. She had just used her left hand to slap her.
' I kept twelve pieces of meats in the pot of soup, and you took one', her mother accused her.
' Me' She said, pushing her head forward, 'I did not take any me...'
'Phah', another slap went across her face.
'Stop lying, I will finish you this night'.
She freezed, hot spittles flew from her mouth to the floor and her feet. She saw stars, although, the one she was seeing was smaller than the ones she sees in cartoons.
She watched with fear as her mother moved near her. Holding her right hand before her, like a shield, she took a swift backward step. Her mother raised the cane she was holding.
The 'Wuah' sound from the cane sent hot blood to her veins. When she saw the cane coming near, she dodged as fast as she could but it hit her on the hand.
' I'm dead ooo', she shouted in agony, her eyes became hot, and opened up for streams of tears. She wriggled and wailed as the cane came again and again; until, she could take it no more....

WATCH OUT FOR THE FULL STORY BY NOVEMBER 1
ANY comment.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Midnight Supper- An Excerpt From *I Need To Know* by TiffanyJ(f): 11:16am On Sep 19, 2014
I'm here sir. Seems interesting oo
Re: The Midnight Supper- An Excerpt From *I Need To Know* by hassan85(m): 12:08pm On Sep 19, 2014
I think I like d story already too... waiting in anticipation
Re: The Midnight Supper- An Excerpt From *I Need To Know* by Nobody: 1:13pm On Sep 19, 2014
TiffanyJ: I'm here sir. Seems interesting oo
Thanx ma....

1 Like

Re: The Midnight Supper- An Excerpt From *I Need To Know* by Nobody: 1:16pm On Sep 19, 2014
hassan85: I think I like d story already too... waiting in anticipation
Okay Baba
Re: The Midnight Supper- An Excerpt From *I Need To Know* by 2scorehigh(m): 1:24pm On Sep 19, 2014
Hmm, let's wait and see...
Re: The Midnight Supper- An Excerpt From *I Need To Know* by jummy604: 1:25pm On Sep 19, 2014
Cant wait to start reading it.
Re: The Midnight Supper- An Excerpt From *I Need To Know* by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 19, 2014
jummy604: Cant wait to start reading it.
I HAVE TO WAIT....OO
Re: The Midnight Supper- An Excerpt From *I Need To Know* by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 19, 2014
2scorehigh: Hmm, let's wait and see...
Yes sir...We will wait..
And we will see
Re: The Midnight Supper- An Excerpt From *I Need To Know* by dammygoody(m): 2:15pm On Sep 19, 2014
Well, boss, I don't think I can wait oo...

Is her mother maltreating her or punishing her?

What earth did she do ?

Is this another Mrs Akpan and Oleng(Audrey Timms)?

Is that her biological mother?

Who is Tania?

Where is dammydogood?

Where are my characters?

Questions upon questions cheesy

And you're asking me to wait grin , well..

The patient dog....
Re: The Midnight Supper- An Excerpt From *I Need To Know* by Nobody: 2:18pm On Sep 19, 2014
Nice nice nice! Mumsie should take it easy o, on top a pieca meat! C'mon!
Re: The Midnight Supper- An Excerpt From *I Need To Know* by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 19, 2014
candy: Nice nice nice! Mumsie should take it easy o, on top a pieca meat! C'mon!

There is more...
Re: The Midnight Supper- An Excerpt From *I Need To Know* by Nobody: 2:57pm On Sep 19, 2014
dammygoody: Well, boss, I don't think I can wait oo...

Is her mother maltreating her or punishing her?

What earth did she do ?

Is this another Mrs Akpan and Oleng(Audrey Timms)?

Is that her biological mother?

Who is Tania?

Where is dammydogood?

Where are my characters?

Questions upon questions cheesy

And you're asking me to wait grin , well..

The patient dog....
Yes, she is maltreating her.

The mother is Peace of Life Under The Table.
Dammydogood will appear in November.

Your characters are on their way...Calm down till November 1.
Re: The Midnight Supper- An Excerpt From *I Need To Know* by jaymomma(f): 3:23pm On Sep 19, 2014
Waiting
Re: The Midnight Supper- An Excerpt From *I Need To Know* by Nobody: 4:36pm On Sep 19, 2014
jaymomma: Waiting
Okay ma...
Re: The Midnight Supper- An Excerpt From *I Need To Know* by dammygoody(m): 4:39pm On Sep 19, 2014
Divepen:
Yes, she is maltreating her.

The mother is Peace of Life Under The Table.
Dammydogood will appear in November.

Your characters are on their way...Calm down till November 1.
Well, I don't think I have another option...
Re: The Midnight Supper- An Excerpt From *I Need To Know* by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 19, 2014
dammygoody:
Well, I don't think I have another option...
okay baba
Re: The Midnight Supper- An Excerpt From *I Need To Know* by D9ty7(m): 5:13pm On Sep 19, 2014
November 1 you called it bah? And today is October 31 abi?
November 1 is far o jare.
Anyways gimme a call when you start officially.
Re: The Midnight Supper- An Excerpt From *I Need To Know* by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 19, 2014
D9ty7: November 1 you called it bah? And today is October 31 abi?
November 1 is far o jare.
Anyways gimme a call when you start officially.
okay sir
Re: The Midnight Supper- An Excerpt From *I Need To Know* by Aisha800(f): 6:01pm On Sep 19, 2014
Following
Re: The Midnight Supper- An Excerpt From *I Need To Know* by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 19, 2014
Aisha800: Following

But please don't use the word 'Following' to make me update..Oo
It will be out November One
Re: The Midnight Supper- An Excerpt From *I Need To Know* by princesssusan(f): 2:46am On Sep 20, 2014
Wow can‘t wait o
I wish i can fast forward us to october 1st ryt now
Re: The Midnight Supper- An Excerpt From *I Need To Know* by Nobody: 5:10am On Sep 20, 2014
princesssusan: Wow can‘t wait o
I wish i can fast forward us to october 1st ryt now
November 1, Ma...
I will be my last paper on monday...
I ave to learn some essentials. By Sept 30- October 5.. Writers' worshop.
School resumes October 6.
I do not want to face the same problem I faced the sememster of not really getting some essentials during lectures. So, I want to devote the whole October to reading my notes, Increasing my grammar proficiency and Having the essentials to make you all enjoy and be a part of the story.
So, November 1 it is.
Re: The Midnight Supper- An Excerpt From *I Need To Know* by princesssusan(f): 8:13am On Sep 20, 2014
Divepen:
November 1, Ma...
I will be my last paper on monday...
I ave to learn some essentials. By Sept 30- October 5.. Writers' worshop.
School resumes October 6.
I do not want to face the same problem I faced the sememster of not really getting some essentials during lectures. So, I want to devote the whole October to reading my notes, Increasing my grammar proficiency and Having the essentials to make you all enjoy and be a part of the story.
So, November 1 it is.
Chai!! Is way far but sha aw man go do
Re: The Midnight Supper- An Excerpt From *I Need To Know* by Nobody: 8:18am On Sep 20, 2014
princesssusan:
Chai!! Is way far but sha aw man go do
hmmm
Re: The Midnight Supper- An Excerpt From *I Need To Know* by StealthyMe(m): 7:48pm On Sep 20, 2014
Sir Divepen...Nice Story;Suspense Filled

I think there are some things that need a bit of adjustment...

She imagined how she would devour whatever food her mother give her the next day.
( I think the 'give' there should be 'gave')...

She freezed, hot spittles flew from her mouth to the floor and her feet.
( I also think it should be - She froze,hot spittle flew....)

Spittle,i think cannot be pluralised undecided (My Opinion though)
Re: The Midnight Supper- An Excerpt From *I Need To Know* by Nobody: 7:59pm On Sep 20, 2014
StealthyMe: Sir Divepen...Nice Story;Suspense Filled

I think there are some things that need a bit of adjustment...

She imagined how she would devour whatever food her mother give her the next day.
( I think the 'give' there should be 'gave')...

She freezed, hot spittles flew from her mouth to the floor and her feet.
( I also think it should be - She froze,hot spittle flew....)

Spittle,i think cannot be pluralised undecided (My Opinion though)

Thanx baba...I will work on them all...

1 Like

Re: The Midnight Supper- An Excerpt From *I Need To Know* by StealthyMe(m): 8:14pm On Sep 20, 2014
Divepen:
Thanx baba...I will work on them all...

Anytime Man..Paying #Homage to one of thE lords of literature section! cheesy
Re: The Midnight Supper- An Excerpt From *I Need To Know* by Nobody: 8:39pm On Sep 20, 2014
StealthyMe:

Anytime Man..Paying #Homage to one of thE lords of literature section! cheesy
who is he?
Let me also pay homage to him.

1 Like

Re: The Midnight Supper- An Excerpt From *I Need To Know* by StealthyMe(m): 8:58pm On Sep 20, 2014
Divepen:
who is he?
Let me also pay homage to him.

I just quoted one of them!
Re: The Midnight Supper- An Excerpt From *I Need To Know* by Nobody: 9:22pm On Sep 20, 2014
StealthyMe:

I just quoted one of them!
Hmmm...
I have to go through your post to see who you just qouted.
Re: The Midnight Supper- An Excerpt From *I Need To Know* by StealthyMe(m): 9:31pm On Sep 20, 2014
Divepen:
Hmmm...
I have to go through your post to see who you just qouted.

lol....i give up smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Literary Criticism- The Basics / The Lord's Prayer: A Nigerian Version / R.I.P (return If Possible)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.