Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,730 members, 7,809,800 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:10 PM

AC Milan Vs Juventus (0 - 1) On 20th September 2014 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / AC Milan Vs Juventus (0 - 1) On 20th September 2014 (8694 Views)

Leicester City Vs Manchester United (5 - 3) On 21st September 2014 / Manchester United Vs QPR (4 - 0) On 14th September 2014 / AC Milan Vs Barcelona - UCL (2 - 0) On 20th February 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

AC Milan Vs Juventus (0 - 1) On 20th September 2014 by dekronik: 12:34pm On Sep 19, 2014
Two gianst of calcio meet at the San Siro. Max Alegri's champions Juve take on his former employers A C Milan in a top of the table Serie A clash. Milan coached by Allegris former player Inzaghi.
Re: AC Milan Vs Juventus (0 - 1) On 20th September 2014 by dekronik: 9:23pm On Sep 19, 2014
Juventus vs. AC Milan Preview: Round 3 — Do you remember me?
By Danny Penza  @djp4cal on Sep 19 2014, 8:55p 2

Paolo Bruno
   2
We're only two rounds into the 2014-15 season, so there's no need to seriously jump to conclusions on what exactly is going in the calcio world right now. But let me post this question to all of you: Did we really expect the top of the Serie A table to look like this after two games?

En plein #Milan, #Juventus e #Roma. #Inter, #Lazio e #Samp letali. Colpo #Chievo e #Atalanta.Classifica provvisoria. pic.twitter.com/pay17EIb3d

— Serie A TIM (@SerieA_TIM) September 14, 2014
Here's my personal short answer: "No."

Yeah, it's early and the way the table looks right now isn't that important in the grand scheme of things. It's not much of a surprise to see Juventus and Roma a perfect 2 for 2 to start the Serie A season because they clearly entered the season as the two best teams in Italy. But there's Milan on six points as well — not exactly where a good number of people would have pegged them to be after the first couple of weeks this season.

In that sense, it's rather convenient that Juventus and Milan highlight the third round of Serie A action this weekend. The question has already been posed by many: Can Milan hang with Juventus? One team has the superiorly talented squad, and I'm fairly certain we all know which club that is. Milan, however, is getting a lot of attention right now — and probably deservedly so for how they've started a season where expectations from the media and other folks were as low as they could possibly get.

And did I mention that there's also the whole managerial storyline going on here, too?

Once we figured out Max Allegri would be Juventus' manager, we knew this day was going to arrive sooner or later. It just so happens that the Mad Max comeback tour is rolling through the San Siro on the third week of the season instead of a later date on the calendar. Better to get it out of the way early on in the season, I guess. Especially so since Allegri isn't that far removed from his dismissal as Milan manager last season.

All of this added to a matchup between two teams that have had a number of memorable encounters over the years.

GOOD NEWS

Three games played in all competitions, no goals allowed. I'm not just saying this because I'm a former goalkeeper. Although I'm sure San Gigi appreciates the three straight clean sheets to start the season.

BAD NEWS

Arturo Vidal may be back on the callups list for tomorrow night, but there are still big names missing the trip to Milan. The main names are the two bearded Andreas, Pirlo and Barzagli, who are still working their way back from their respective injuries. Also out injured is Luca Marrone, who has yet to appear in a game so far this season.

WHAT TO WATCH FOR

1. Milan's newfound life under Pippo Inzaghi.

I would go on and on about Inzaghi and what has impressed me the most thus far. Or, I can just start this thing off with what James Horncastle had to say about Milan's first-year manager.

Inzaghi's philosophy is his personification. As a player he recognised he wasn't the most technically gifted. This Milan isn't either. He had to work harder to be successful. This Milan does, too. He acknowledged his limits and rather than operate within them, tried to push them. Ditto for Milan.

As much as we want to talk about how this is Allegri returning to his old stomping ground — and it is, no doubt about it — this is also Pippo's biggest test to date as Milan manager. Are Juventus vastly superior and more talented than Milan on paper? Well, yeah. But this game isn't simply won by writing names down and that's it. If anything, Inzaghi is trying to do what Antonio Conte did when he first took over at Juventus — re-instill a mentality, a certain kind of grinta and passion, of years past at the club he loves so much. Milan clearly don't have the big names that they did five, six, seven years ago, but Inzaghi has certainly made Milan into an entertaining watch thus far. That's more than a lot of other teams wish they could say.

Y’all, AC Milan are appointment viewing under Pippo Inzaghi this year.

— Kevin McCauley (@kevinmccauley) September 14, 2014
2. How will Arturo Vidal factor into Saturday night's game?

The King is back, and now we wait to see how exactly he will be used. Allegri was asked about Vidal during his pre-match press conference on Friday afternoon. This is what he had to say (although who knows if he used Twitter handles):

#Allegri: "@kingarturo23 has made progress from his injury, I'm happy. He'll train with the rest of the squad today." #MilanJuve

— JuventusFC (@juventusfcen) September 19, 2014
Not exactly the answer we were looking for, but it's better than nothing ... right? With Vidal being called back up for the first time since Juve's opener against Chievo, it's the green light that says he is at least available to play against Milan. Who knows, maybe it's just a decoy by Allegri to put the thought of Vidal playing into the head of Inzaghi and Milan. "Oh, Arturo's here! Watch out now, you guys!" We'll have to wait until the starting lineups come out to know for sure what Allegri's plans are for Vidal. But he's back — and hopefully healthy for a good amount of time, too.

3. Juventus' defense vs. Milan's attack.

If you had Milan leading the league in goals after two rounds of play, you'd probably be swimming in a nice pile of cash right now. I don't think anybody who isn't named Pippo Inzaghi or is associated with Milan could have imagined that kind of start with everything that has gone on at the club in the last few transfer windows. But pretty much like everything else related to Juventus, this will be the best defense — at least on paper — Milan will be seeing in the early stage of the season. Juve's defense is playing well to start the season, with three straight shutouts out of the gate. But Milan enters will a ton of confidence after dropping a five spot on Parma last weekend.

4. The service to Fernando Llorente.

There is no doubting Llorente is quite good at what he does as a striker. There is also no doubting that even though Juventus totally dominated possession against Malmö on Tuesday night, Llorente was left isolated at the top of the attack for a good portion of the game. It's not exactly the easiest thing in the world to try and send in a cross to Fernando when there's three, four, or even five defenders around his general vicinity. He may be really good in the air, but even those odds aren't very good. The Juventus wingbacks — Stephan Lichtsteiner and Kwadwo Asamoah/Patrice Evra — can send in all the crosses they want to Llorente, but if they don't reach their intended target, then the idea and effectiveness is basically killed off straight away. We know Llorente will do his usual work holding up play. There's just the added dimension to the attack when he gets the chance to take advantage of his prowess in the air.

Oh yeah, one more thing: #vamos.

5. If Carlos Tévez finally scoring in the Champions League the start of something completely awesome.

Guess what we don't have to talk about anymore? Yeah, Carlos Tévez and the Champions League bugaboo. Two goals right out of the shoot against Malmö in the group stage and all the talk from the last five years is thrown right out the window. Count me in as one of those folks who is quite pleased that narrative has been killed. Move on, shall we? Like a lot of other strikers, when Tévez gets rolling, the goals will come in bunches. The hope is that Tévez breaking his long duck in the Champions League will be what kickstarts the Argentinian's form into overdrive. And the last thing Milan wants to see is Carlitos repeating what he did the last time Juventus visited the San Siro.

My starting XI (3-5-2): Buffon; Cáceres, Bonucci, Chiellini; Lichtsteiner, Pereyra, Marchisio, Pogba, Asamoah; Tévez, Llorente

OFFICIAL KICKOFF TIME: 8:45 P.M. IN ITALY; 2:45 P.M. ON THE EAST COAST; 11:45 P.M. ON THE WEST COAST
Re: AC Milan Vs Juventus (0 - 1) On 20th September 2014 by iceberylin(m): 2:18pm On Sep 20, 2014
Torres shame mourinho wink
Re: AC Milan Vs Juventus (0 - 1) On 20th September 2014 by sibepoc(m): 2:18pm On Sep 20, 2014
Ac milan to win with their latest entertaining football
Re: AC Milan Vs Juventus (0 - 1) On 20th September 2014 by ginajet(f): 2:19pm On Sep 20, 2014
don't know who to support
Re: AC Milan Vs Juventus (0 - 1) On 20th September 2014 by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 20, 2014
I hope fernando Torres is fit...
Re: AC Milan Vs Juventus (0 - 1) On 20th September 2014 by ginajet(f): 2:19pm On Sep 20, 2014
e no concern me tongue
Re: AC Milan Vs Juventus (0 - 1) On 20th September 2014 by Vicaboy(m): 2:20pm On Sep 20, 2014
I see Juventus winning this one
Re: AC Milan Vs Juventus (0 - 1) On 20th September 2014 by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 20, 2014
Re: AC Milan Vs Juventus (0 - 1) On 20th September 2014 by lordOM(m): 2:20pm On Sep 20, 2014
MILAN 4LIFE...ALLEGRI I PROMISE YOU A WONDERFUL HUMILIATION IN SAN SIRO.FORZA MILAN,FORZA INZAGHI.

1 Like

Re: AC Milan Vs Juventus (0 - 1) On 20th September 2014 by Dahmum(f): 2:21pm On Sep 20, 2014
#Fingers Crossed
Re: AC Milan Vs Juventus (0 - 1) On 20th September 2014 by ginajet(f): 2:22pm On Sep 20, 2014
I will try to support Torres for old time sake
Re: AC Milan Vs Juventus (0 - 1) On 20th September 2014 by ginajet(f): 2:22pm On Sep 20, 2014
up Chelsea
Re: AC Milan Vs Juventus (0 - 1) On 20th September 2014 by amdo007(m): 2:30pm On Sep 20, 2014
Juve all the way.
Re: AC Milan Vs Juventus (0 - 1) On 20th September 2014 by DMilanista: 2:41pm On Sep 20, 2014
Forza Milano! il Club piu titolato al mondo. Well I don't see Torres starting, I think Honda, Menez, Sharaawy 'll b d front three. Thumbs up to Pippo so far, though d defence is still a problem. I trust d fans to roar us to victory, d stadium is sold-out, 78,681 tickets sold.
Re: AC Milan Vs Juventus (0 - 1) On 20th September 2014 by Hemanwel(m): 2:42pm On Sep 20, 2014
Chai!!
Being a while I watched my team (Milan) play.
With our new style of attacking football,I have no doubt that Juve's defense will not be able to curtail us.So,it's gon' be:
AC MILAN 3 vs 1 JUVENTUS.
Re: AC Milan Vs Juventus (0 - 1) On 20th September 2014 by Cwaya(m): 2:53pm On Sep 20, 2014
No matter outcome!!!
FORZA MILAN !!!!
Re: AC Milan Vs Juventus (0 - 1) On 20th September 2014 by itsteebaba007(m): 3:03pm On Sep 20, 2014
Forza Milan to all the milanisti on here,we got this ,going for a 2_1 victory for milan . Milanistas can follow me on twitter I follow back asap and there's also a bbm grp for all milanistas for those interested ,add me up so u can be added to the grp my pin 2a327496 My twitter handle is @its_teebaba007 #forzamilan
Re: AC Milan Vs Juventus (0 - 1) On 20th September 2014 by imperiouxx(m): 3:07pm On Sep 20, 2014
AC Milan is back!

Quote me later

Forza to the CL champion! kiss
Re: AC Milan Vs Juventus (0 - 1) On 20th September 2014 by dekronik: 3:21pm On Sep 20, 2014
Milan 1-3 Juve.

Milan- Menez
Juve- Tevez, Llorente, Pogba
Re: AC Milan Vs Juventus (0 - 1) On 20th September 2014 by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 20, 2014
Forza Milano! Samperempe Milan! Milanisti for life! I think we can win this match with our goal scoring record so far. If torres plays today, we will have something better!
Re: AC Milan Vs Juventus (0 - 1) On 20th September 2014 by Flango: 3:22pm On Sep 20, 2014
Thank goodness 4 d injury of Bonera. I only regret d absence of Alex and Lopez.
Hmmm...that clown called Abbiati...

Forza Inzaghi.
Forza Milan.
Re: AC Milan Vs Juventus (0 - 1) On 20th September 2014 by DMilanista: 3:30pm On Sep 20, 2014
Flango: Thank goodness 4 d injury of Bonera. I only regret d absence of Alex and Lopez.
Hmmm...that clown called Abbiati...

Forza Inzaghi.
Forza Milan.
Bonera is not injured. He was sent-off in d last match after using his hand to block a goal-bound shot. Abbiati is really a clown but I'm not too sure of Agazzi's prowess.
Re: AC Milan Vs Juventus (0 - 1) On 20th September 2014 by kolamilan(m): 3:45pm On Sep 20, 2014
dekronik: Milan 1-3 Juve.

Milan- Menez
Juve- Tevez, Llorente, Pogba
MENEZ > LLORENTE + TEVEZ combine.
Re: AC Milan Vs Juventus (0 - 1) On 20th September 2014 by kolamilan(m): 3:48pm On Sep 20, 2014
MILAN 3 vs RUBENTUS 1
Re: AC Milan Vs Juventus (0 - 1) On 20th September 2014 by freeradical(m): 4:06pm On Sep 20, 2014
Its gonna be an exciting game. I feel so terrible knowing I'm gonna miss it cos of my hussle. But anyway I wish milan trash juve tonight. It will b a good way to tell all our haters that milan will always be at the top. We will bounce back again and conquer europe.....Forza Milan!
Re: AC Milan Vs Juventus (0 - 1) On 20th September 2014 by fairheven: 4:07pm On Sep 20, 2014
ginajet: don't know who to support
Plz,dear support Milan,we do ladies well cool
Re: AC Milan Vs Juventus (0 - 1) On 20th September 2014 by fairheven: 4:15pm On Sep 20, 2014
Hemanwel: Chai!!
Being a while I watched my team (Milan) play.
With our new style of attacking football,I have no doubt that Juve's defense will not be able to curtail us.So,it's gon' be:
AC MILAN 3 vs 1 JUVENTUS.
Yes we are back to take our rightful place in Italy and Europe,but Pipo inzagi steal needs to walk on our defence,having been a great stricker himself,it seems he is more attack minded as a coach as well...he needs to balance it.Forza rosennerri cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wayne Rooney 'slept With Prostitute While Wife Coleen Was Pregnant' / Neymar Or Ronaldo:Who Is More Skillful?.. / Norwich Vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 7th May 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.