Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,121 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

How Do One PAY TITHE - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do One PAY TITHE (3082 Views)

Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe / Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? / Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do One PAY TITHE by shumuel(m): 9:08pm On Sep 19, 2014
JesusisLord85:

See, I follow Christ, true. But I am do not follow 'Christianity'. That is the religion the dogs of Rome set up.

Even if you were a farmer today, who would you pay tithe to? I plan to do another full thread on tithe.

In the meantime, give your money to the poor. The bible even says it is foolish to give your money to a rich man (your hummer-driving pastor in this case)

My God, Money paid to Church is not to Pastors or men of God, its just that they use it for their own selfish/personal gain, give to the poor is a diffirent instruction from Tithe paying and if you claim Christianity is of the Roman then i dont have anything to say on that except to just ask if you Read the Bible and Believe in it because Christianity was derived from it and it was first published and preached by the same Romans, Romans who even brought it to Africa through their collonized Rev.frs, but i have spoken, say your say on Tithe to everyone and to anyone may God Bless you on that.

I believe on the last day, the day of Judgement we all will know the truth.
Re: How Do One PAY TITHE by lastmessenger: 9:18pm On Sep 19, 2014
Op to answer your question,I cannot but discourage you from paying tithe.
In the New Testament,there was no account of the members of the New Testament church paying tithe but all we know was that they gave as the spirit led them.
Some sold properties and brought the whole money to the apostles feet and they did that not because they where told to do that but because there was some who needed to taken care of in the church.that practice is in sharp contrast to what we see today in churches where people bring money in the name of seed sowing,tithing,and others too numerous to mention and the money ends up buying the latest cars for the few pastors and building world class mansions in the name of church.
To cut the whole thing short,when you want to see how to give in church look after the example of the New Testament church as recorded in the book of acts and you will see the right way to give.

2 Likes

Re: How Do One PAY TITHE by shumuel(m): 9:21pm On Sep 19, 2014
JesusisLord85:

See, I follow Christ, true. But I am do not follow 'Christianity'. That is the religion the dogs of Rome set up.

Even if you were a farmer today, who would you pay tithe to? I plan to do another full thread on tithe.

In the meantime, give your money to the poor. The bible even says it is foolish to give your money to a rich man (your hummer-driving pastor in this case)

1. Bring a tenth part of thy Harvest so that there will be meat in my house.

2. Am i shall tell you that you have rubbed me, and you ask how have i rubbed you? And i shall answer through TITHES and OFFERINGS.

3. If you are not called by my name (Christian) you have no part in me.

God said it and i believe it, that settles it. Remember thy scripture and do not depart away from it.

Do not allow these so called men of God discourage you in doing right, do it not to please them but rather to please your Father who is in Heaven who sees all things,

Judge not my anoited and do my prophets no harm, Judgement is of the Lord.

Obidient is better than sacrifice.
Re: How Do One PAY TITHE by shumuel(m): 9:57pm On Sep 19, 2014
lastmessenger: Op to answer your question,I cannot but discourage you from paying tithe.
In the New Testament,there was no account of the members of the New Testament church paying tithe but all we know was that they gave as the spirit led them.
Some sold properties and brought the whole money to the apostles feet and they did that not because they where told to do that but because there was some who needed to taken care of in the church.that practice is in sharp contrast to what we see today in churches where people bring money in the name of seed sowing,tithing,and others too numerous to mention and the money ends up buying the latest cars for the few pastors and building world class mansions in the name of church.
To cut the whole thing short,when you want to see how to give in church look after the example of the New Testament church as recorded in the book of acts and you will see the right way to give.

at the End i really dont get you, i believe you are against Tithe but accept Free will Offering to be practised, well this is my answer to you

since you believe in free will offering and has the spirit directs, my Spirit is directing me to pay a tenth part (Tithe) as my free will offering and the Spirit is also directing me to call it what ever i want to call it and i have chosen TITHE as the name i want to call it. Case closed. Thanks a lot am really happy with your contribution.
Re: How Do One PAY TITHE by lastmessenger: 10:13pm On Sep 19, 2014
shumuel:

at the End i really dont get you, i believe you are against Tithe but accept Free will Offering to be practised, well this is my answer to you

since you believe in free will offering and has the spirit directs, my Spirit is directing me to pay a tenth part (Tithe) as my free will offering and the Spirit is also directing me to call it what ever i want to call it and i have chosen TITHE as the name i want to call it. Case closed. Thanks a lot am really happy with your contribution.
Well I just hope that your spirit calling it tithe does not mean the Old Testament tithe because if it does then you are bound to fulfill all the practices of the Old Testament.

1 Like

Re: How Do One PAY TITHE by JesusisLord85: 10:56pm On Sep 19, 2014
shumuel:

1. Bring a tenth part of thy Harvest so that there will be meat in my house.

2. Am i shall tell you that you have rubbed me, and you ask how have i rubbed you? And i shall answer through TITHES and OFFERINGS.

3. If you are not called by my name (Christian) you have no part in me.

God said it and i believe it, that settles it. Remember thy scripture and do not depart away from it.

Do not allow these so called men of God discourage you in doing right, do it not to please them but rather to please your Father who is in Heaven who sees all things,

Judge not my anoited and do my prophets no harm, Judgement is of the Lord.

Obidient is better than sacrifice.

Nawa o. So the phrase 'called by my name' now means Christian? This phrase that is as old as Moses. The Messiah did not call anyone a christian my friend.

You are lacking precepts.

You can guarantee I will bring that, just see my previous posts.

Shalom
Re: How Do One PAY TITHE by BodyKiss(m): 11:06pm On Sep 19, 2014
shumuel:

so its just only the profit(Gain) she ?

SMH
Re: How Do One PAY TITHE by BodyKiss(m): 11:08pm On Sep 19, 2014
shumuel:

Q1- YES, if am to ans you i'll definately write a Book, but being Gods creation alone makes me a Christian and am also Gods choosen one.
Q2- YES- y do you think he cares for you and i that makes him give up is only son to die on the cross to save U and i, we are his products and he clearly want to Gain form us. Hope you get it, cos its a bit more proverbial

Still SMH
Re: How Do One PAY TITHE by shumuel(m): 11:12pm On Sep 19, 2014
JesusisLord85:

Nawa o. So the phrase 'called by my name' now means Christian? This phrase that is as old as Moses. The Messiah did not call anyone a christian my friend.

You are lacking precepts.

You can guarantee I will bring that, just see my previous posts.

Shalom

What is the meaning of Christian?
Ans- Christ like.
so what did you think he meant then ? That we should all be called E.g JesusShumuel, JesusSeun, JesusChioma, JesusIslord or JesusDavid abi may be its ChristShumuel, ChristRita ? Think man nothing happens by mistake, we have a part in our lord and thats why we are called Christians not by this name only but also when we show the acts of God that Jesus himself showed us by example, He never preached against Tithe and Offerings or did he ? If it was wrong trust he would had fight agaisnt it and the Bible would have recorded it.
Re: How Do One PAY TITHE by NnaNna4(m): 11:25pm On Sep 19, 2014
Pls gentlemen and ladies do not turn this thread into arguments of any sort. Let this thread enlighten us.

First to answer op question

Tithe is 10% of your profit.
after businesses/ contracts deduct capital, running expenses, wages and every cost hanging on the business/contract. make sure what is remaining is profit. 10% of what is remaining is your tithe.

Tithe is 10% of your Salary.

If any one bless you with money 10% of it is tithe.

Again do not question what was done with your tithe. Just pray over your tithe and pay it and allow God work your blessings.

Don't forget you must also give offering for tithes and offerings always go together.
Re: How Do One PAY TITHE by JesusisLord85: 11:30pm On Sep 19, 2014
shumuel:

What is the meaning of Christian?
Ans- Christ like.
so what did you think he meant then ? That we should all be called E.g JesusShumuel, JesusSeun, JesusChioma, JesusIslord or JesusDavid abi may be its ChristShumuel, ChristRita ? Think man nothing happens by mistake, we have a part in our lord and thats why we are called Christians not by this name only but also when we show the acts of God that Jesus himself showed us by example, He never preached against Tithe and Offerings or did he ? If it was wrong trust he would had fight agaisnt it and the Bible would have recorded it.

1. Christian was first used as a slur against those Jews who believed that Jesus was the Messiah promised and prophesied by prophets, from Enoch, to Moses, right down to those in the time of the Kings.

2. Yahshua did not preach against tithing because it was in effect in His time, Now, were the tithes brought to the temple or not? YES. Were they kept in storehouses? YES. Ok, so what did Yahshua even say would happen to the temple? It would be destroyed (Matthew 24:2)
And what would happen to Jerusalem?
Luke 21:24 "Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled"

More importantly, Yahshua is the eternal priesthood. Originally, the priesthood was meant for the first born. Because of the sin of the golden calf, Yahshua took it away from them and gave it to the Levites. My friend, get well acquainted with the OT scriptures, so these letters of Paul do not confuse you people.

You can give a tenth, no problem. But it is not a commandment. Free will offerings exist too. But again, is it not foolishness giving it to some fake organisation? Give it to the poor.

Shalom

1 Like

Re: How Do One PAY TITHE by shumuel(m): 11:36pm On Sep 19, 2014
NnaNna4: Pls gentlemen and ladies do not turn this thread into arguments of any sort. Let this thread enlighten us.

after businesses/ contracts deduct capital, running expenses, wages and every cost hanging on the business/contract. make sure what is remaining is profit. 10% of what is remaining is your tithe.

Again do not question what was done with your tithe. Just pray over your tithe and pay it and allow God work your blessings.

Don't forget you must also give offering for tithes and offerings always go together.

May God Bless you beyound your expectation, may sleep be sweet and full of Good tidings, may the Lords hand, mercies and Blessings never depart from you. Amen!

Why did i pray for you, well you answered the question and not trying to imposed any misinterprited belief on me, and your answer is also correct, please continue to do the Lords will and never change for Salvation is near.
Thank you and Good night.
Re: How Do One PAY TITHE by NnaNna4(m): 11:39pm On Sep 19, 2014
have u read in the bible where Jesus was teaching his disciples to pray

"our father who art in heaven.......
THY KINGDOM COME,THY WILL BE DONE ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN"

tithe and offering is used to bring the kingdom of God and his WILL down to earth or you think money will fall DOWN from heaven?.
All the travelling crusade church building charity and things here and there including private jet where do you expect the money to come from.

The work of God must move forward whether fake PST or not. and any one who dies without complete obedience to tithe and offering will be judged and thrown into lake of fire.

1 Like

Re: How Do One PAY TITHE by NnaNna4(m): 11:43pm On Sep 19, 2014
@Shemuel

God bless you too
Re: How Do One PAY TITHE by JesusisLord85: 11:50pm On Sep 19, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

No precepts. Just blah blah.

https://www.nairaland.com/1320078/tithe-not-money-nor-it

This might help you. I wrote it last year, so obviously I know a lot more on the topic now. But even there, I think there are sufficient precepts to enlighten you.

Psalms 119:104 Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.
Re: How Do One PAY TITHE by shumuel(m): 11:59pm On Sep 19, 2014
JesusisLord85:

1. Christian was first used as a slur against those Jews who believed that Jesus was the Messiah promised and prophesied by prophets, from Enoch, to Moses, right down to those in the time of the Kings.

2. Yahshua did not preach against tithing because it was in effect in His time, Now, were the tithes brought to the temple or not? YES. Were they kept in storehouses? YES. Ok, so what did Yahshua even say would happen to the temple? It would be destroyed (Matthew 24:2)
And what would happen to Jerusalem?
Luke 21:24 "Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled"

More importantly, Yahshua is the eternal priesthood. Originally, the priesthood was meant for the first born. Because of the sin of the golden calf, Yahshua took it away from them and gave it to the Levites. My friend, get well acquainted with the OT scriptures, so these letters of Paul do not confuse you people.

You can give a tenth, no problem. But it is not a commandment. Free will offerings exist too. But again, is it not foolishness giving it to some fake organisation? Give it to the poor.

Shalom

i like you but ''I too know book'' is your problem

what did Jesus Christ told Judas wen Mary madaline came to wash his feet with a very expensive perfume, and judas was not happy about it because it was expensive and he thought it should be sold and given to the poor ?

He said the poor you have always.

Anyway so U meant Jerusalem was destroyed, and Jesus wished to destroy the Temple because they paid Tithe or what. What he meant was his death and his resurrection o, who do we build temples(churches) for ? God. For what? To have a place to serve him in. Who do we call in these temples ? God through the name of our lord Jesus Christ. Therefore the Temple is of Christ and the statement which made was of his death and his ressurection which of a new church(Temple) in 3days.

And lastly am sorry i wont answer you any more because you dont Jesus but yahshua, The Bible said by the Name Jesus all knee must bow.

I got to know does who avoid calling this name ''JESUS!'' are not of Christ but the said ones which the Bible spoke of, they avoid it so as the Name should not have effect on them, for by the call of the name all Evil must bow and run away. So if you want me to answer you use the JESUS and not your yahshua. Good night.
Re: How Do One PAY TITHE by shumuel(m): 12:13am On Sep 20, 2014
NnaNna4: have u read in the bible where Jesus was teaching his disciples to pray

"our father who art in heaven.......
THY KINGDOM COME,THY WILL BE DONE ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN"

tithe and offering is used to bring the kingdom of God and his WILL down to earth or you think money will fall DOWN from heaven?.
All the travelling crusade church building charity and things here and there including private jet where do you expect the money to come from.

The work of God must move forward whether fake PST or not. and any one who dies without complete obedience to tithe and offering will be judged and thrown into lake of fire.

i just had to Pray for you again before i go to sleep.

Honestly God will Bless you, mark my words and write them down, Favour you least expect will locate you. Amen
Re: How Do One PAY TITHE by JesusisLord85: 12:19am On Sep 20, 2014
shumuel:

i like you but ''I too know book'' is your problem

what did Jesus Christ told Judas wen Mary madaline came to wash his feet with a very expensive perfume, and judas was not happy about it because it was expensive and he thought it should be sold and given to the poor ?

He said the poor you have always.

Anyway so U meant Jerusalem was destroyed, and Jesus wished to destroy the Temple because they paid Tithe or what. What he meant was his death and his resurrection o, who do we build temples(churches) for ? God. For what? To have a place to serve him in. Who do we call in these temples ? God through the name of our lord Jesus Christ. Therefore the Temple is of Christ and the statement which made was of his death and his ressurection which of a new church(Temple) in 3days.

And lastly am sorry i wont answer you any more because you dont Jesus but yahshua, The Bible said by the Name Jesus all knee must bow.

I got to know does who avoid calling this name ''JESUS!'' are not of Christ but the said ones which the Bible spoke of, they avoid it so as the Name should not have effect on them, for by the call of the name all Evil must bow and run away. So if you want me to answer you use the JESUS and not your yahshua. Good night.

First of all, the Hebrew bible does not have the name Jesus anywhere. There is 'J' sound, ok. According to the scholars, Jesus is what they arrived at when they translated Yahshua to the Greek, to the Latin, and then to English i.e. a transliteration.

The reason I don't even harp on about the exact name and pronunciation so much is that even they supposed 'hebrew' pronunciation is a guess.

What did the prophet Zephaniah say regarding end times?

Zephaniah 3:9 For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the Lord, to serve him with one consent.

What else did he say?

verse 10 From beyond the rivers of Ethiopia my suppliants, even the daughter of my dispersed, shall bring mine offering.

You hear that, we negroes are the scattered Israelites, the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel. Repent, the Kingdom of heaven is at hand
Re: How Do One PAY TITHE by PastorKun(m): 7:02am On Sep 20, 2014
shumuel:

you sound has someone who truely knows is Bible and am pleased with that but i still believe you are confused on Tithe, sorry to say but as i had mentioned earlier are guys now trying to say only Farmers should pay Tithe since they are the ones still in the Business of Crops and planting ?
No my brother, just because the elect of those days where mostly farmers shouldn't mean those with other profession could over look the Laws, disobey God and miss Heaven, i really which i could just find the right words to say but my Spirit said i shouldn't bother, all i would say is this if you are not into farming of Crops, whatever you are into you must pay Tithe and it is the 10th part of your hard earned Profit, which sould be converted into Money and taken and payed to the House of God secretly, not the eye service we do in churches these days for your right hand should not know your dealings of your left hand with God. It is just that most of this men of God had Abused the propose of Tithe.

I choose to follow in what i believe in and i advise you to do the same but only, the Truth must be told and only the Wise shall know it and follow it.

May God save us all.

With reference to the bolded above, I hope you know what you stated there is not in scriptures. It is adding to the word of God and that's a sin. A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: How Do One PAY TITHE by PastorKun(m): 7:58am On Sep 20, 2014
NnaNna4: Pls gentlemen and ladies do not turn this thread into arguments of any sort. Let this thread enlighten us.

The tithe definitions you gave aboe, is that how your bible defines tithes Or is it what your pastor twisted it to be? God's tithe is clearly defined in the bible and it is neither of what you wrote above. Stop adding to or twisting God's word, it's a sin.

1 Like

Re: How Do One PAY TITHE by TmChris: 3:33pm On Apr 24, 2021
WinsomeX:

Hello, I believe that I can help you with your questions but I request that you help me with mine. Please answer these questions and try to look on this thread often so the dialogue does not run for too long.

1. Are you a Christian? What do you think from the bible account certifies you a Christian?

2. Is God a business man? Does God deal in profit and losses?

Please, apt and straight to the point answers. Thank you.

Thank you very much my dear.
Christianity is truly in crisis.
kai ..
How the hell would God suddenly turn to an investment portal? give him 5k and expect 50k. hey!
in fact, any true Christian, fully equipped and committed to studying God's word thoroughly with the help of the holy spirit, would have a comfortable approach to pure bible standards of the new dispensation of Christ. having abolished some old testament laws including tithing.
Christians, show me how many times Christ paid tithe while on earth. instead, he was more focused on the practical living of helping the poor always. "GO, SELL YOUR TREASURES AND GIVE TO THE POOR" was one of his most repeated points.
Show me where the apostles were reminding any new convert of their tithe.
the book of Hebrews went deep to clear us that the levitical law is no longer in place because the priesthood of Christ is of a higher priesthood that the levitical priesthood.
why are we tieing ourselves to what is irrelevant and leaving the relevant ones?
Kai,,,,
today, we now have mega Buildings with millions of humans perishing, getting poorer; while they keep donating to fulfill ignorance. ..
kai..
Lord.
I cry for many.. especially for my country, Nigeria, where the gullible masses are higher in number.

here is where many mega churches are shouting poverty eradication mandate every day. yet the poor masses keeps getting poorer day by day.
we have been brainwashed that God is now a businessman that rolls back returns on investments. and the gullible ones are entangled in therefore, totally committed to paying the tithe which is preached as our financial security; with a bug expectations that the businessman God mist definitely pay back! aaahhhhh..

GOD

Dear Christians, the tithe we are dragging about is a buried law long ago after Christ's salvation. the dispensation of Christ is not a levitical dispensation of tithes but a dispensation of practical Christian living; helping the poor and needy and loving God above all things.
If your pastor is telling you that your tithe is a gateway to your complete Christian profile, then you are being misled to fill their hungry bank accounts.
God being merciful enough, he would forgive what these prosperity preachers are doing to these gullible masses. I just pray.
Ignorance is a killer.
may God help us.
Re: How Do One PAY TITHE by emmyileri(m): 9:16pm On Mar 21, 2022

(1) (2) (Reply)

Deism, "-there Must Be Something" / Why You Should Not Marry A Muslim - By Ali Sina / Time Is Human Creation, A Natural Illusion, Time Doesnt Exist In The Real Sense.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.