Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,269 members, 7,780,603 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:27 PM

How Do One PAY TITHE - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do One PAY TITHE (3051 Views)

Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe / Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? / Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do One PAY TITHE by shumuel(m): 1:30pm On Sep 19, 2014
Paying of Tithe is the most useful way in getting GOD's Blessings, infact it is the only topic in the Bible GOD made a promise and ask us humans to try him, more like dearing him if he wont bless us, well we all know Tithe is just 10% of your earnings, as a Salary earner its just 10% of your Salary at the end of the month or on pay day but what about Business men ?

How should Business men pay Tithe ?

I once heard its 10% of both Capital and Gain i.e for example if a Man invests N100,000 in a Business and realised N150,000 his Tithe should be N15,000 which means including both Capital N100,000 and Gain N50,000. Now my question is what if the amount realised after the investment was N110,000 this means Tithe would be N11,000 yes this correct, right but if N11,000 is paid as Tithe it would affect the start up Capital and there wont be any Gain but loss.

I also heard of another way which am praying it should be the right one, it goes as follows
If a man should Invest let say N100,000 in a Business and realised N150,000 his Tithe should be N5,000 only this means he is paying Tithe of Gain alone and excluding the Capital.

But my question is which is right paying Tithe of both Capital and Gain or of Gain alone ?
I really need answers because am in the sitaution right now, i used to pay Tithe of both Capital and Gain, well it never affected me since the Gain of my product was 200% but i just introduced a new product into the market and while i was calculating the amount of gain i noticed it was just around 10% so i calculated my Tithe and noticed it would affect my start up Capital to a loss, anyway i knew the gain on this product and others hard less gain which was why i never bothered going into production in the first place but with rise in competition i needed something else in the Market, and i can't but pay Tithe so please HELP. May GOD Bless you as you do so, simple explanation would do, thank you.
Re: How Do One PAY TITHE by oyesiju(m): 1:48pm On Sep 19, 2014
your total income(gain) is your TITHE.

1 Like

Re: How Do One PAY TITHE by dorox(m): 2:13pm On Sep 19, 2014
The biblical tithe was on agricultural produce, so if the business is not of the land then both method is wrong going by the old testament practice.
But going by the new testament practice, christians are not required to pay tithes as part of their worship to God.

2 Likes

Re: How Do One PAY TITHE by patnelson1: 2:27pm On Sep 19, 2014
two things are involved; if you paid tithe of your capital before investing it all that will be required of you is 10% of your profit. On the other hand, if you didnt pay tithe before investment, you will be required to pay 10% of both whole sum.
Re: How Do One PAY TITHE by shumuel(m): 2:42pm On Sep 19, 2014
patnelson1: two things are involved; if you paid tithe of your capital before investing it all that will be required of you is 10% of your profit. On the other hand, if you didnt pay tithe before investment, you will be required to pay 10% of both whole sum.

i dont get you so you mean before investing your Capital one must first pay Tithe ? I.e

lets say you got a short loan from a bank N100,000 you are to pay Tithe immdiately even before the investment ?
Re: How Do One PAY TITHE by shumuel(m): 2:45pm On Sep 19, 2014
oyesiju: your total income(gain) is your TITHE.

so its just only the profit(Gain) she ?
Re: How Do One PAY TITHE by WinsomeX: 2:45pm On Sep 19, 2014
shumuel:
But my question is which is right paying Tithe of both Capital and Gain or of Gain alone ?
I really need answers because am in the sitaution right now, i used to pay Tithe of both Capital and Gain, well it never affected me since the Gain of my product was 200% but i just introduced a new product into the market and while i was calculating the amount of gain i noticed it was just around 10% so i calculated my Tithe and noticed it would affect my start up Capital to a loss, anyway i knew the gain on this product and others hard less gain which was why i never bothered going into production in the first place but with rise in competition i needed something else in the Market, and i can't but pay Tithe so please HELP. May GOD Bless you as you do so, simple explanation would do, thank you.

Hello, I believe that I can help you with your questions but I request that you help me with mine. Please answer these questions and try to look on this thread often so the dialogue does not run for too long.

1. Are you a Christian? What do you think from the bible account certifies you a Christian?

2. Is God a business man? Does God deal in profit and losses?

Please, apt and straight to the point answers. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: How Do One PAY TITHE by shumuel(m): 2:50pm On Sep 19, 2014
dorox: The biblical tithe was on agricultural produce, so if the business is not of the land then both method is wrong going by the old testament practice.
But going by the new testament practice, christians are not required to pay tithes as part of their worship to God.

Says who, paying of Tithe is one way to show commitment to God, and the New testament never preached against paying Tithe, read d book of Hebrew you'll there the story of Abraham paying Tithe to the King of Salem - genesis of paying Tithe.
Re: How Do One PAY TITHE by shumuel(m): 2:57pm On Sep 19, 2014
WinsomeX:

Hello, I believe that I can help you with your questions but I request that you help me with mine. Please answer these questions and try to look on this thread often so the dialogue does not run for too long.

1. Are you a Christian? What do you think from the bible account certifies you a Christian?

2. Is God a business man? Does God deal in profit and losses?

Please, apt and straight to the point answers. Thank you.

Q1- YES, if am to ans you i'll definately write a Book, but being Gods creation alone makes me a Christian and am also Gods choosen one.
Q2- YES- y do you think he cares for you and i that makes him give up is only son to die on the cross to save U and i, we are his products and he clearly want to Gain form us. Hope you get it, cos its a bit more proverbial
Re: How Do One PAY TITHE by suqexconcepts(m): 3:07pm On Sep 19, 2014
Paying TITHE goes beyond canal calculation but the heart at which is been paid. did you pay TITHE on the investing Capital? Your case is like that of a contractor/Printer who gets a contract worth of 200k and choose to pay TITHE on that same 200k.
1st determine your production cost, then your profit which happen to be your income. your TITHE should be based on your profit/income.
Contrary to that, If paying on both Investing capital & Income has been working for you then go ahead with it and never look back.
"what we have, HE gave" and "what we give HE already ..."

Good luck!
Re: How Do One PAY TITHE by Jameselias: 3:08pm On Sep 19, 2014
Yes go and pay all you have remenber ananias hide some and died if hide any u will, also. Hahahahaaa!
Re: How Do One PAY TITHE by yemisolar(m): 3:11pm On Sep 19, 2014
tithe is a tenth of your INCOME not your capital. the bible did not say bring a tenth of your seed as a farmer which translates to your capital. only out of that which has come as a profit after all production related cost is deducted.

I agree with those who say tithe is not necessary ONLY if you are giving God more than 10% but if not, your tithe should be your least contribution to God's work.

in my opinion, people who are against tithe just want to spend everything on themselves and use the bible to defend it. a life of giving is encouraged all over the scripture.

my 2cents.
Re: How Do One PAY TITHE by WinsomeX: 3:23pm On Sep 19, 2014
shumuel:
Q1- YES, if am to ans you i'll definately write a Book, but being Gods creation alone makes me a Christian and am also Gods choosen one.

Thank you for the answer. The question said: who do you think the gospel/bible certifies as a Christian? Let me offer an answer.

A Christian is a born again individual. Saved by the grace of God alone. Grace, in the sense that God took the initiative to save that man. That man may have asked Christ into his heart but it was God in Christ saving him. Grace implies free of charge. You do not pay for it. If God started with you by grace alone, why do you think he needs your money to now bless you?

Now you say you are a Christian bc you are God's creation. God created a lot of things, does that mean those things too are Christians? You claim to be chosen. How? Does chosen or elect not depict grace? My point is that until you comprehend God as a God of grace, you will continue to think that you can give him something to earn his blessings.

shumuel:
Q2- YES- y do you think he cares for you and i that makes him give up is only son to die on the cross to save U and i, we are his products and he clearly want to Gain form us. Hope you get it, cos its a bit more proverbial

Like I have described to you, God is a God of grace. He gives free of charge and expects nothing back. God is not a business man. He doesn't do profit and loss. The God that is taught today as expecting something from men for what he has done for them is a false god.

I said all that to show you that God doesn't need your tithe to bless you.

Now you have painted a picture of business and you wish to know how to tithe it. Can you find any person who engaged in business and sort to tithe his profit from Genesis to Revelation?

The truth is that many like you have turned God to an idol. You think you can bribe him with tithe. I hear Peter saying to Simon, "your money, tithe, perish with you".

I have friends who believe in tithing but bc it is very difficult to work out profit from businesses, they don't tithe. Rather they give freely. If you cannot comprehend a God who doesn't need your tithe, you can at least look at the absurdity and difficulty of tithing in a business and simply give freely from your profit and forget all this legalistic devotion to 10%.

I wish you the best.

3 Likes

Re: How Do One PAY TITHE by shumuel(m): 3:27pm On Sep 19, 2014
suqexconcepts: Paying TITHE goes beyond canal calculation but the heart at which is been paid. did you pay TITHE on the investing Capital? Your case is like that of a contractor/Printer who gets a contract worth of 200k and choose to pay TITHE on that same 200k.
1st determine your production cost, then your profit which happen to be your income. your TITHE should be based on your profit/income.
Contrary to that, If paying on both Investing capital & Income has been working for you then go ahead with it and never look back.
"what we have, HE gave" and "what we give HE already ..."

Good luck!

Thanks, my point also but i got confused cos i had a dream on this Tithe issue but i cant remember if it was before i calculated and got worried or after, anyway in the dream i saw a man on a seat more like office setting and i was in front of him, he was like a Boss to me or so anyway he was like one Oga sha and he told me to pay Tithe but i must not pay more than its worth (i got scared immidiately he mention it) and i must not pay less (No feeling when this was mentioned), he said doing both was great SIN and God is not happy about it that one must pay excatly the Tithe, no more no less. And the reason am now confused and even asking now is that, if i continue to pay Tithe the way i use to, i will be at loss since the Profit from this new product is not much. Thank you
Re: How Do One PAY TITHE by shumuel(m): 3:44pm On Sep 19, 2014
WinsomeX:

Thank you for the answer. The question said: who do you think the gospel/bible certifies as a Christian? Let me offer an answer.

A Christian is a born again individual. Saved by the grace of God alone. Grace, in the sense that God took the initiative to save that man. That man may have asked Christ into his heart but it was God in Christ saving him. Grace implies free of charge. You do not pay for it. If God started with you by grace alone, why do you think he needs your money to now bless you?

Now you say you are a Christian bc you are God's creation. God created a lot of things, does that mean those things too are Christians? You claim to be chosen. How? Does chosen or elect not depict grace? My point is that until you comprehend God as a God of grace, you will continue to think that you can give him something to earn his blessings.

Like I have described to you, God is a God of grace. He gives free of charge and expects nothing back. God is not a business man. He doesn't do profit and loss. The God that is taught today as expecting something from men for what he has done for them is a false god.

I said all that to show you that God doesn't need your tithe to bless you.

Now you have painted a picture of business and you wish to know how to tithe it. Can you find any person who engaged in business and sort to tithe his profit from Genesis to Revelation?

The truth is that many like you have turned God to an idol. You think you can bribe him with tithe. I hear Peter saying to Simon, "your money, tithe, perish with you".

I have friends who believe in tithing but bc it is very difficult to work out profit from businesses, they don't tithe. Rather they give freely. If you cannot comprehend a God who doesn't need your tithe, you can at least look at the absurdity and difficulty of tithing in a business and simply give freely from your profit and forget all this legalistic devotion to 10%.

I wish you the best.

i can only but Laugh, not supprised at all, anyway thanks for your contributions.

Paying of Tithe is truely not by force and everyone has there own special grace from God but if you ask me there are just to many Business men(Abraham) in the Bible even more than Salary earners(Jacob), everyone in the Bible are mostly Business men, all Isrealite and even other tribes were all Business men and women, if you ask for Salary earners i will tell you the Levits, Joseeph in Egypt e.t.c but has God commanded; all Isrealite must pay Tithe and we Christians are the Generations of the Isrealite by Genenology and by Faith.

I stand by the Law of Old which is of God and not by the new law which is of Man. Even if Tithing was of mans invention in the Bible i still stand by it.
Re: How Do One PAY TITHE by Jameselias: 4:09pm On Sep 19, 2014
GOD don't need ur god damn money for any thing. GoD did not create money it's only instrument of satanic enslavement God is spirit not material money is materail not spiritual the two don't go together no wonder one of the apostle said money is the root of evil why do u think u can give to God that which is the root of evil how do imaging even in ur heart that u can give any thing to God seeing that it is 's'he who owns creation both visible and invisible and and gives to all they due

1 Like

Re: How Do One PAY TITHE by shumuel(m): 4:28pm On Sep 19, 2014
Jameselias: GOD don't need ur god damn money for any thing. GoD did not create money it's only instrument of satanic enslavement God is spirit not material money is materail not spiritual the two don't go together no wonder one of the apostle said money is the root of evil why do u think u can give to God that which is the root of evil how do imaging even in ur heart that u can give any thing to God seeing that it is 's'he who owns creation both visible and invisible and and gives to all they due

why are you trobling yourself over ''God dont need your money''
who said its for God, did any one ever told you so ?
Paying of Tithe is not for God neither will God come down to collect it, its for the running of the Church and its is of free will, God already said it '' only my sheep will hear my voice and take to my commandments'' also ''Many were called but few were chosen'' not all christians are Christains and not all Gods creation will serve him. If money is truely evil then why are you spending it ? It only said ''root'' not the money itself, which means it colud leed or bring about evil.

I only ask how Tithe should be paid and thats the only question i need answers to. Your way is not and can never be my way neither can mine ever be yours, we are all not the same you know.

The Bible is a book of mystery, as many that reads it is as many meanings it gives so if yours is ''God dont need your Money'' mine is not so dont give yourself Headache, if cant answer the question just view.
Re: How Do One PAY TITHE by Jameselias: 4:44pm On Sep 19, 2014
It is claimed in many church that what u give to the church is, and could also be seen as what u give to God however i note ur reply it is the same way it is with all church rat and religous slave, i advice u to take the money to an destute people's home were it is needed churches alread have money why put drop of water in ocean.

2 Likes

Re: How Do One PAY TITHE by PastorKun(m): 4:57pm On Sep 19, 2014
@Shumuel
The fact that you are asking this question and several other people are confused about it is enough proof that the type of tithing preached and practised today lacks sound biblical basis. As such it is based on ill informed opinions of mere men based on twisting the biblical tithe to arrive at the man made version practised today.

God's instructions on tithes to the Israelites was very clear and unambiguous. It is the church version today that causes so much confusion because it is derived from twisting the scriptures and mis applied to christians who are not required to tithe.

You may wish to read deuteronomy 14:22-29 for more information on biblical tithe that your pastor likely deliberately omitted mentioning when preaching on tithes.

1 Like

Re: How Do One PAY TITHE by shumuel(m): 5:12pm On Sep 19, 2014
PastorKun: @Shumuel
The fact that you are asking this question and several other people are confused about it is enough proof that the type of tithing preached and practised today lacks sound biblical basis. As such it is based on ill informed opinions of mere men based on twisting the biblical tithe to arrive at the man made version practised today.

God's instructions on tithes to the Israelites was very clear and unambiguous. It is the church version today that causes so much confusion because it is derived from twisting the scriptures and mis applied to christians who are not required to tithe.

You may wish to read deuteronomy 14:22-29 for more information on biblical tithe that your pastor likely deliberately omitted mentioning when preaching on tithes.

Thanks sir, but it seems you didnt really read in full what i wrote and the question am asking, please forget the misguided here because have seen them too, my only question is which is the right way in Tithing is it 10% of both Capital and Gain or just 10% of the Profit alone. In the Bible most occupation was Farming and Cattle rearing and thats what the Bible verse you shared spoke about although verse 24-25 of Deut 14, spoke on what all profession of Today should do but it still didnt answer my question so please just choose which is correct and my soul will be glad.
Thanks awaiting your reply
Re: How Do One PAY TITHE by shumuel(m): 5:26pm On Sep 19, 2014
PastorKun: @Shumuel

Re: How Do One PAY TITHE by shumuel(m): 5:39pm On Sep 19, 2014
Jameselias: It is claimed in many church that what u give to the church is, and could also be seen as what u give to God however i note ur reply it is the same way it is with all church rat and religous slave, i advice u to take the money to an destute people's home were it is needed churches alread have money why put drop of water in ocean.

i believe i get your point and where you missed it. Anyway i already told you, your way can never be my way, and who told you you cant pay Tithe and still give to the poor also.
Well let me explain it to you, wen U pay ur Tithe, giving to the poor is one of those things it should be used for but unfortunately most of our so called men of God seat on it and use it for their own personal gain, its such a pity because they are not following Gods will but remember God said ''Judgment is mine'' so we were advice to do Gods comandment by the Bible and what ever the outcome of the Tithe is not of your consine, you have payed it u shouldn't be interested with how it was spent.
Re: How Do One PAY TITHE by PastorKun(m): 6:54pm On Sep 19, 2014
shumuel:

Thanks sir, but it seems you didnt really read in full what i wrote and the question am asking, please forget the misguided here because have seen them too, my only question is which is the right way in Tithing is it 10% of both Capital and Gain or just 10% of the Profit alone. In the Bible most occupation was Farming and Cattle rearing and thats what the Bible verse you shared spoke about although verse 24-25 of Deut 14, spoke on what all profession of Today should do but it still didnt answer my question so please just choose which is correct and my soul will be glad.
Thanks awaiting your reply

In biblical times there were several other professions such as fishing, carpentry, blacksmith, soldiers e.t.c and they were never asked to tithe of their income. Asking people to tithe of income which God never asked is adding to the word of God and this is a very grievous sin. That aside the tithe requirement is a practise under the law and the scriptures are clear that christians are not under the law as we are under grace.

In summary you are NOT required to tithe as a christian so the issue on whether it should be on capital or not should not even arise. Also remember if you insist on keeping any part of the jewish Laws of which tithing is a part of, you are cutting off yourself from the grace of Christ. (Galatians 5:4)
Re: How Do One PAY TITHE by JesusisLord85: 7:19pm On Sep 19, 2014
PastorKun:

In summary you are NOT required to tithe as a christian so the issue on whether it should be on capital or not should not even arise. Also remember if you insist on keeping any part of the jewish Laws of which tithing is a part of, you are cutting off yourself from the grace of Christ. (Galatians 5:4)

cock and bull. Fake pastor.

You are right in that he does not need to pay tithe. But not for the completely idiotic reasons you stated. If you are a true 'pastor', then call me atheist. Joker
Re: How Do One PAY TITHE by shumuel(m): 7:41pm On Sep 19, 2014
PastorKun:

In biblical times there were several other professions such as fishing, carpentry, blacksmith, soldiers e.t.c and they were never asked to tithe of their income. Asking people to tithe of income which God never asked is adding to the word of God and this is a very grievous sin. That aside the tithe requirement is a practise under the law and the scriptures are clear that christians are not under the law as we are under grace.

Now you got me confused were you visited by some whatever bad Spirit or i dont just know, why am i saying this, well you earlier coted deuteronomy 14:22-29 now you are like Christians should not pay Tithe because of Grace, i dont believe it, what is happening in this world that i am missing (well am so happy am missing it anyway), why are you people twisting the Bible and its meaning, so what you are trying to tell me now is that only Farmers are to pay Tithe or Only Sinners are to pay Tithe, if thats what you are trying to say, then i'll tell you not to Pray, Go to Church or even call on God anymore since you have Grace as a christian and Christ died for you you could as well drain yourself in the pool of SIN and claim GRACE afterwards.
Please are you a Christian ? Am sure not sorry to say but if you are saying the Laws in the Bible is Jews then what is the Laws of this your Grace; to kill, steal, destroy, commit Adultry, lie against your Neighbour, serve other Gods, hate your Neighbour, all these are the laws in the Bible which was given to Moses and they are mostly practised by the Jews because they believe in him more than the God who sent him, so you'll say because the Jews believe strongly in Moses laws it is not of God ? No wonder people are killing all in the name of religion, now i know why, wrong belief and twisted versions of the Bible is what many now believe in. Well i wont even argue or waste any of my precious time correcting you but i believe you can see reason with what i have replied you with, that is enough gosple said already but my prayer is May God Teach us the Right part to follow.

Thanks for your contribution but i already got the answer to my question.
Re: How Do One PAY TITHE by shumuel(m): 8:04pm On Sep 19, 2014
JesusisLord85:

You are right in that he does not need to pay tithe. But not for the completely idiotic reasons you stated. If you are a true 'pastor', then call me atheist. Joker

End time is really near, and your Monikar is ''Jesus is Lord'' please which Jesus? I bet it must be that Mexican football player because if its the Jesus Christ i know then you are not representing him well, where in the Bible did Jesus teach you to call some one Bull or Cock ? And when or where did Jesus christ told you not to Pay Tithe? In my own understanding has a Christian you are more confused than him because he did not insult anyone he only gave his own opinion it is left to me to prove to my maker and Lord if i do understand his teachings or not if i should follow wrong advices because really i already know the answer to my question even before i posted it has the holy spirit already answer me within me, its just that there is this voice in me that keep attacking with my decision, so i only need other peoples oppinion to know if am taking the right step or not, so please dont insult, everyone has the right to their belief and oppinion about God.
Only God can Judge us.
Re: How Do One PAY TITHE by JesusisLord85: 8:05pm On Sep 19, 2014
shumuel:

Now you got me confused were you visited by some whatever bad Spirit or i dont just know, why am i saying this, well you earlier coted deuteronomy 14:22-29 now you are like Christians should not pay Tithe because of Grace, i dont believe it, what is happening in this world that i am missing (well am so happy am missing it anyway), why are you people twisting the Bible and its meaning, so what you are trying to tell me now is that only Farmers are to pay Tithe or Only Sinners are to pay Tithe, if thats what you are trying to say, then i'll tell you not to Pray, Go to Church or even call on God anymore since you have Grace as a christian and Christ died for you you could as well drain yourself in the pool of SIN and claim GRACE afterwards.
Please are you a Christian ? Am sure not sorry to say but if you are saying the Laws in the Bible is Jews then what is the Laws of this your Grace; to kill, steal, destroy, commit Adultry, lie against your Neighbour, serve other Gods, hate your Neighbour, all these are the laws in the Bible which was given to Moses and they are mostly practised by the Jews because they believe in him more than the God who sent him, so you'll say because the Jews believe strongly in Moses laws it is not of God ? No wonder people are killing all in the name of religion, now i know why, wrong belief and twisted versions of the Bible is what many now believe in. Well i wont even argue or waste any of my precious time correcting you but i believe you can see reason with what i have replied you with, that is enough gosple said already but my prayer is May God Teach us the Right part to follow.

Thanks for your contribution but i already got the answer to my question.

Sir, he is only saying what the 'christian' faith teaches.

The truth is that the commandments of the Most High are not done away with.

https://www.nairaland.com/1873588/gods-laws-commandments-done-away

However, in terms of tithe. The tithe is indeed the 'increase', of your crops. It was not money, that is number 1. And they had money in those days so that is not an argument.

Second, it was for the Levitical priests as they had no inheritance (no land allocated to them). The priesthood now belongs to the Yahshua (Jesus).

All you need concern yourself with is Ecclesiastes 12:13-14
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."

You are an Israelite. A descendant of Jacob. Time for us negroes to start acting like it.
1 Peter 2:9 "But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light"
Re: How Do One PAY TITHE by JesusisLord85: 8:09pm On Sep 19, 2014
shumuel:

End time is really near, and your Monikar is ''Jesus is Lord'' please which Jesus? I bet it must be that Mexican football player because if its the Jesus Christ i know then you are not representing him well, where in the Bible did Jesus teach you to call some one Bull or Cock ? And when or where did Jesus christ told you not to Pay Tithe? In my own understanding has a Christian you are more confused than him because he did not insult anyone he only gave his own opinion it is left to me to prove to my maker and Lord if i do understand his teachings or not if i should follow wrong advices because really i already know the answer to my question even before i posted it has the holy spirit already answer me within me, its just that there is this voice in me that keep attacking with my decision, so i only need other peoples oppinion to know if am taking the right step or not, so please dont insult, everyone has the right to their belief and oppinion about God.
Only God can Judge us.

Mark 7:27 "But Jesus said unto her, Let the children first be filled: for it is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it unto the dogs."

He is a teacher of lies, he deserveth not kind words. If I rebuke him straight up, he just might repent of his evil.

Isaiah 58:1 "Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins."

This is not the time for niceties. The Kingdom of the Most High is near. Gird thyself like a man.
Re: How Do One PAY TITHE by shumuel(m): 8:11pm On Sep 19, 2014
JesusisLord85:

Re: How Do One PAY TITHE by JesusisLord85: 8:11pm On Sep 19, 2014
shumuel:

Only God can Judge us.

Yes, that is why it is good to hear truth and wise counsel, lest you meet the Most High and he destroy you.

Do you even know what judgement means? Rebuke and judge are two different things. Chai, you so-called christians of today. Your men are so sensitive and effeminate.

Dost thou know the effeminate shall not inherit the Kingdom. Gird thyself as a man
Re: How Do One PAY TITHE by shumuel(m): 8:38pm On Sep 19, 2014
JesusisLord85:

Sir, he is only saying what the 'christian' faith teaches.

The truth is that the commandments of the Most High are not done away with.

https://www.nairaland.com/1873588/gods-laws-commandments-done-away

However, in terms of tithe. The tithe is indeed the 'increase', of your crops. It was not money, that is number 1. And they had money in those days so that is not an argument.

Second, it was for the Levitical priests as they had no inheritance (no land allocated to them). The priesthood now belongs to the Yahshua (Jesus).

All you need concern yourself with is Ecclesiastes 12:13-14
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."

You are an Israelite. A descendant of Jacob. Time for us negroes to start acting like it.
1 Peter 2:9 "But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light"

you sound has someone who truely knows is Bible and am pleased with that but i still believe you are confused on Tithe, sorry to say but as i had mentioned earlier are guys now trying to say only Farmers should pay Tithe since they are the ones still in the Business of Crops and planting ?
No my brother, just because the elect of those days where mostly farmers shouldn't mean those with other profession could over look the Laws, disobey God and miss Heaven, i really which i could just find the right words to say but my Spirit said i shouldn't bother, all i would say is this if you are not into farming of Crops, whatever you are into you must pay Tithe and it is the 10th part of your hard earned Profit, which sould be converted into Money and taken and payed to the House of God secretly, not the eye service we do in churches these days for your right hand should not know your dealings of your left hand with God. It is just that most of this men of God had Abused the propose of Tithe.

I choose to follow in what i believe in and i advise you to do the same but only, the Truth must be told and only the Wise shall know it and follow it.

May God save us all.
Re: How Do One PAY TITHE by JesusisLord85: 8:44pm On Sep 19, 2014
shumuel:

you sound has someone who truely knows is Bible and am pleased with that but i still believe you are confused on Tithe, sorry to say but as i had mentioned earlier are guys now trying to say only Farmers should pay Tithe since they are the ones still in the Business of Crops and planting ?
No my brother, just because the elect of those days where mostly farmers shouldn't mean those with other profession could over look the Laws, disobey God and miss Heaven, i really which i could just find the right words to say but my Spirit said i shouldn't bother, all i would say is this if you are not into farming of Crops, whatever you are into you must pay Tithe and it is the 10th part of your hard earned Profit, which sould be converted into Money and taken and payed to the House of God secretly, not the eye service we do in churches these days for your right hand should not know your dealings of your left hand with God. It is just that most of this men of God had Abused the propose of Tithe.

I choose to follow in what i believe in and i advise you to do the same but only, the Truth must be told and only the Wise shall know it and follow it.

May God save us all.

See, I follow Christ, true. But I am do not follow 'Christianity'. That is the religion the dogs of Rome set up.

Even if you were a farmer today, who would you pay tithe to? I plan to do another full thread on tithe.

In the meantime, give your money to the poor. The bible even says it is foolish to give your money to a rich man (your hummer-driving pastor in this case)

(1) (2) (Reply)

There Is No God? / Who Are The Two Witnesses In The Bible / If Jesus' Disciples Were Screened By "Professionals"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.