Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,724 members, 7,813,395 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:45 AM

Pregnant Babies!!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pregnant Babies!!! (816 Views)

Meet Woman Who Had 7 Babies In 5 Years / World's Biggest Babies Ever Born / Best Solid (Nigerian) Meals For 6 Month Old Babies. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pregnant Babies!!! by donogaga(m): 1:40pm On Sep 19, 2014
Come birds feasting on these fruits
These unripe fruits before harvest time,
Come pregnant babies
Hovering round the streets
Parading the result of forbidden deeds,
Yet no one seem surprised
Some hidden from human eyes
To shade the rolling shame,
Some in lovers home do stay
To add salt to bleeding wounds.
Come infant mothers blabbing and saying
“I am not the first, I am not the worst”.

Dede, sitting under the frowning moon
Nodes his head skyward
“Children of nowadays!
Children of nowadays!
Children of nowadays!
Has torn the fabrics of morality
And has broken the adult calabash
To perceive its content before ripe time.
Mmh! God, God have mercy!
Have mercy on the new generation.

Note:
*Dede means an Elderly man in many parts of Nigeria such as the Igbo's..
This poem “Pregnant Babies” laments on the increasing pre-marital sex amongst young people and the gradual embrace of the “Act” as a society norm, which is against the teachings of the Bible.

Teenage Pregnancy as underlined in the work is not the only visible problem of our time, but one fastest growing challenge of the society. This Act of disobedience has stopped many young from reaching their destinies; from being that great Man or woman they have always dreamt of being, that light to their respective families and societies. So many have obeyed the body so much that the body has now become their Commander.
Note in 1 Corithians 6: 13 the Bible says “Flee sexual immorality. Every sin that a man does is outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body. Verse 19 says “Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?”

As youth we tend to hasten up to meet with trend, and do not in any way want to be tagged old-fashioned among the circle of friends or age group members, but God says in Proverbs 1:10 “My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not”

Sexual immorality and other sins must be done away with if we must possess our God-given treasures in our lives, the bible made it clear in Ephesian 5:5 ”For this you know, that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God”.
The devil is seriously at work; the Land is littered with fornication; and so many youth are exchanging their dreams for SEX, but God has assured us in 2 Chronicle 7:14 that “If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

See, one thing is sure; Jesus Christ is willing to step into your situation if only you will give Him a chance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnant Babies!!! by Nobody: 1:44pm On Sep 19, 2014
You na poet abi Pastor?

Nice one sha...
Re: Pregnant Babies!!! by ITbomb(m): 2:23pm On Sep 19, 2014
Rich words
Re: Pregnant Babies!!! by prettiest1(f): 4:40pm On Sep 19, 2014
Nice one
Re: Pregnant Babies!!! by egopersonified(f): 5:20pm On Sep 19, 2014
If only we would listen and learn, but like they say, experience is the best teacher.
Re: Pregnant Babies!!! by Skybright227: 5:57pm On Sep 19, 2014
Very true!
Re: Pregnant Babies!!! by ITbomb(m): 6:25pm On Sep 19, 2014
egopersonified: If only we would listen and learn, but like they say, experience is the best teacher.
Exactly, some 27 to 33 yrs old lady is somewhere regretting the things and decisions she made (not sticking with that guy, not holding herself during school, not being content, not marrying when someone came just because some richer guys are still pursuing you etc). But the young ones even from secondary school are in a haste to be the big girl and believes that they are wiser.

Confession Time
I remember meeting a girl who was so dedicated to a medical student who was from her state but had graduated from school, she was so beautiful and every guy wanted her. I became interested in her department because of her and drew closer to her, she also took me into confidence, it began to look like friendzone so I devised a strategy, I 'backslided' and the game plan worked, she became concerned and offered her time to help me back to normal life , I started taking her out of her comfort zone, we went out to nice places other than school , she later confess that the reason she didn't want a bf or relationship was her fear of emotional breakdown not necessarily because of that guy , I capitalized on that and promised her true love, deep inside me i just wanted to be the one among the guys that finally 'got there'. Unfortunately she believed all the lies.
To cut the long story short, when I finished my program, out of sight was out of mind. She had earlier broken up with the doctor (yea he became a doctor). I met her on social network earlier this year and we got chatting, she said after me, she had been with 3 other guys before meeting the present one that is already making plans to marry her. And she told me something which broke my heart, she said, 'if I didn't came to her at that time, she would have been married now to that doctor' and she regretted it and most especially being with such number of guys before being with her husband . It got me thinking because before then, for me I thought we had fun but for her, her destiny was taken off course

(1) (Reply)

Funny Reasons We Fought when we were kids / Bulk SMS For Marriage Invitations And Other Events. / Traditional Vs White Wedding, Does It Matter Which Comes First? (advise)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.