Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,065 members, 7,810,972 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:47 PM

.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / .. (7171 Views)

Umaru Dikko Is Dead - Prominent Northern Politician / Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures / Prominent Nigerians Visit Mrs. Yakowa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

.. by Nobody: 2:46pm On Sep 19, 2014

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: .. by Nobody: 2:46pm On Sep 19, 2014

3 Likes

Re: .. by Nobody: 2:47pm On Sep 19, 2014

3 Likes

Re: .. by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 19, 2014
They all have one thing in common, nose like catapult, and for koro after asiwaju don brush am, he come dey make yanga.

4 Likes

Re: .. by MizMyColi(f): 2:50pm On Sep 19, 2014
In other words, he is their God-Father.
coolCool.
Re: .. by RedArrow: 2:52pm On Sep 19, 2014
Hate him or love him, Bola Ahmed Tinubu has is a pace setter

4 Likes

Re: .. by Nobody: 2:52pm On Sep 19, 2014
MizMyColi: In other words, he is their God-Father.
coolCool.
Call it "godfather" or Mentor...

A Great Leader churns out Great Leaders

5 Likes

Re: .. by egift(m): 2:56pm On Sep 19, 2014
"No matter what anyone may say about me it is unlikely that I can be accused of supporting incompetent or morally light-weight individuals for important political positions. My philosophy is to put the best forward, men and women of competence and integrity, who can stand up to us politicians to challenge us and say no when necessary. Such people are not noisy or able to gain attention by being loud, I believe my role is to do all I can to project them."
- Bola Tinubu 2014 https://www.nairaland.com/1883975/tinubu-replies-tom-ikimi

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: .. by MizMyColi(f): 2:56pm On Sep 19, 2014
barcanista: Call it "godfather" or Mentor...

A Great Leader churns out Great Leaders
@TheReddened.
That's not always the case, it's not an absolute.
Re: .. by Nobody: 2:59pm On Sep 19, 2014

5 Likes

Re: .. by cyril10(m): 3:02pm On Sep 19, 2014
Like father like sons, all of them are thieves, so keep trying to polish them. There is no way you will wash a dog's nose that will make it turn white.

3 Likes

Re: .. by Nobody: 3:07pm On Sep 19, 2014
Didn't his children undergo his tutelage? How many of them are great? How many is he forcing to be great by imposing them on people against their wish?

OP, a55licking will never make you great, neither will distorting facts.
Re: .. by desgiezd(m): 3:08pm On Sep 19, 2014
This is one of the many reasons why I love Tunubu. Regardless of what anyone says about him, he remains one of the best politicians Nigeria can boast about and he remains my man, anyday!

5 Likes

Re: .. by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 19, 2014
20pounds: Didn't his children undergo his tutelage? How many of them are great? How many is he forcing to be great by imposing them on people against their wish?

OP, a55licking will never make you great, neither will distorting facts.
Are you serious? If he should promote his CHILDREN you will still be the one to complain that it is a family affair. Have you heard or seen his Children misbehave? His Daughter was Crowned the Iya'loja of Lagos State... That alone is a feat. Anyway, I don't understand what you mean by a55licking nor distorting "fact". I will be glad to see you counter my writeup intelligently.

7 Likes

Re: .. by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 19, 2014
NewNigeriaMind: Tinubu is my mentor.

Great Leader.
Zakkyoz: Haters can always do what they know to do best. Hatred cannot deter BAT's success
Welcome home friends

2 Likes

Re: .. by EmoBoy(m): 3:22pm On Sep 19, 2014
None of them are great. Nigerians adore mediocrity
Re: .. by Demdem(m): 3:22pm On Sep 19, 2014
egift: "No matter what anyone may say about me it is unlikely that I can be accused of supporting incompetent or morally light-weight individuals for important political positions. My philosophy is to put the best forward, men and women of competence and integrity, who can stand up to us politicians to challenge us and say no when necessary. Such people are not noisy or able to gain attention by being loud, I believe my role is to do all I can to project them."
- Bola Tinubu 2014 https://www.nairaland.com/1883975/tinubu-replies-tom-ikimi

EOD

4 Likes

Re: .. by RockMaxi: 3:23pm On Sep 19, 2014
Hmm,...Thought this people had greatness as a natural potential and all what they needed was a platform to showcase them. undecided

They will still be great with or without him. tongue
Re: .. by ruggedboy01: 3:26pm On Sep 19, 2014
Hmmmmm!
This thread smell like poo
*****am out*****
Re: .. by desgiezd(m): 3:26pm On Sep 19, 2014
EmoBoy: None of them are great. Nigerians adore mediocrity

So Fashola is a mediocre? Aregbesola is a mediocre? Well, if all these are mediocres, I'll love to be one!

3 Likes

Re: .. by aderonila18: 3:29pm On Sep 19, 2014
That's the one thing I admire about him. He has great judgement and usually brings forward great leaders. I'll always support anyone Tinubu backs, he knows these politicians better than the average man and he always chooses performers.

2 Likes

Re: .. by aderonila18: 3:30pm On Sep 19, 2014
RockMaxi: Hmm,...Thought this people had greatness as a natural potential and all what they needed was a platform to showcase them. undecided

True but we should give him credit for having the foresight to give them that platform

3 Likes

Re: .. by Nobody: 3:31pm On Sep 19, 2014
Tinubu is great

1 Like

Re: .. by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 19, 2014
RockMaxi: Hmm,...Thought this people had greatness as a natural potential and all what they needed was a platform to showcase them. undecided

One thing is to have the potential, another is to translate it into performance. It takes a Brilliant leader to Identify Potentials and give them platform to perform. That is Tinubu.

While PDP had men with Potentials like:
Dr. Olusegun Agagu, Engr(Dr). Iyiola Omisore, Dr. Peter Odili among others, the "environment" in PDP suppressed them and they all transformed into mediocres. Even Musliu Obanikoro has become a laughing stock since his move to PDP. He is supposed to be the Minister of State for Defense but we see him deployed as Minister of State for Election Intimidation.
Iyiola Omisore Campaigned WITHOUT a reasonable manifesto. Agagu could not do anything when he held sway as governor and was booted out. What about Akala?
The few greats of PDP, Amaechi and Kwankwaso were forced out. In fact, Amaechi was even denied PDP Ticket in 2007 if not for the Supreme Court.

1 Like

Re: .. by desgiezd(m): 3:37pm On Sep 19, 2014
barcanista: One thing is to have the potential, another is to translate it into performance. It takes a Brilliant leader to Identify Potentials and give them platform to perform. That is Tinubu.
Dr. Olusegun Agagu, Engr(Dr). Iyiola Omisore, Dr. Peter Odili among others, the "environment" in PDP suppressed them and they all transformed into mediocres. Even Musliu Obanikoro has become a laughing stock since his move to PDP. He is supposed to be the Minister of State for Defense but we see him deployed as Minister of State for Election Intimidation.
Iyiola Omisore Campaigned WITHOUT a reasonable manifesto. Agagu could not do anything when he held sway as governor and was booted out. What about Akala?
The few greats of PDP, Amaechi and Kwankwaso were forced out. In fact, Amaechi was even denied PDP Ticket in 2007 if not for the Supreme Court.

For the bolded: What of the drama of okada rides, pop-corn chewing and roasted corn eating during the campaign, couldn't we count these as part of his manifesto since he had none?

3 Likes

Re: .. by RockMaxi: 3:38pm On Sep 19, 2014
aderonila18:

True but we should give him credit for having the foresight to give them that platform

barcanista: One thing is to have the potential, another is to
translate it into performance. It takes a Brilliant
leader to Identify Potentials and give them
platform to perform. That is Tinubu.

A good leader will not only make great men, he should be able to make great women too. tongue
Re: .. by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 19, 2014
aderonila18: That's the one thing I admire about him. He has great judgement and usually brings forward great leaders. I'll always support anyone Tinubu backs, he knows these politicians better than the average man and he always chooses performers.
Exactly. I was pleased when I heard that he is backing Akinwunmi Ambode to succeed Fashola, though I also heard that Hamzat is one of the favored candidate. These TWO people I believe will DWARF Fashola's Performance in less than 2 years just as Fashola dwarfed Tinubu's performance. Hamzat was the Commissioner for Science and Technology Under Tinubu(and later Fashola). He is the brain behind Lagos State Residents Registration Agency (LASRRA), which he conceived under Tinubu but implemented under Fashola. He was voted Lagos State Man of The Year 2013
Re: .. by EmoBoy(m): 3:39pm On Sep 19, 2014
desgiezd:

So Fashola is a mediocre? Aregbesola is a mediocre? Well, if all these are mediocres, I'll love to be one!

Yes. Fashola and Aregbesola are mediocre political leaders.
Re: .. by desgiezd(m): 3:41pm On Sep 19, 2014
EmoBoy:

If they are, I surely wish to be one!

1 Like

Re: .. by egift(m): 3:42pm On Sep 19, 2014
barcanista: One thing is to have the potential, another is to translate it into performance. It takes a Brilliant leader to Identify Potentials and give them platform to perform. That is Tinubu.

Soludo and Ribadu to PDP's legacy of suppressing positivity.

1 Like

Re: .. by RockMaxi: 3:42pm On Sep 19, 2014
EmoBoy:

Guy what is wrong

2 Likes

Re: .. by Nobody: 3:42pm On Sep 19, 2014
desgiezd:

For the bolded: What of the drama of okada rides, pop-corn chewing and roasted corn eating during the campaign, couldn't we count these as part of his manifesto since he had none?
grin grin grin On a serious note it is a shame that with Omisore's antecedents, he couldn't construct a reasonable blueprint for his campaign. Waste of Brain

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can You Believe This Car Is In "Almighty" USA / The Leaked Video Of Gen. Adisa(yoruba) Begging Maj. Mustapha Surfaces / Lagos State To Review The Pension Of Retired Permanent Secretaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.