Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,810 members, 7,862,684 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 11:26 PM

How Do Power Banks Work??? - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / How Do Power Banks Work??? (753 Views)

Elephone Smartphones and Original XIAOMI Power Banks Giveaway!!!! / HOME OF TECHNOLOGIES : OCTACORE/QUADCORE PHONES, TABS, POWER BANKS...CLICK HERE / Solar Power Banks For Tablets And Phones! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do Power Banks Work??? by barackodam: 5:22pm On Sep 19, 2014
Okay, curiosity made me ask this question.

I use a mobile with battery power of 1700mah, I then bought a power bank of 2600mah.

Takes 2hr plus to charge and has never gave my mobile more than 50%

But I guess 2600 is more than 1700 so it should charge my phone fully and still remain, otherwise is the case.

I then bought 2800mah also.

This only gives my fone an average of 80% only once did it charge fully 100%

This made me wanna ask, is it that the banks are inferior or that's how they work? ??

Cc mayorall
Re: How Do Power Banks Work??? by mayorall(m): 6:24pm On Sep 19, 2014
That's not how power banks is. Meet top brand mobile power banks.

Have you heard of mayor source power banks?.
Re: How Do Power Banks Work??? by initialize(m): 7:15pm On Sep 19, 2014
barackodam: Okay, curiosity made me ask this question.

I use a mobile with battery power of 1700mah, I then bought a power bank of 2600mah.

Takes 2hr plus to charge and has never gave my mobile more than 50%

But I guess 2600 is more than 1700 so it should charge my phone fully and still remain, otherwise is the case.

I then bought 2800mah also.

This only gives my fone an average of 80% only once did it charge fully 100%

This made me wanna ask, is it that the banks are inferior or that's how they work? ??

Cc mayorall

PowerBanks work similarly to the concept of Conduction or Diffusion, where by there's movement of "Power/energy" through a region of higher concentration to a region of lower concentration through a medium (usb cable).

During the movement of energy, there's energy loss to the environment which is about 20% of the PowerBank's actual/real capacity.

Hence, for a full capacity 2600mah powerbank, the actual energy it can discharge to a 1800mah battery will be 2600mah - (20% of 2600)mah = 2600 - 520 = 2080mah.

At equillibrum, where energy in the powerbank = energy in the battery....Charge may seize

To ensure your Powerbank serves its back-up purpose, get at least 5200mah PowerBank for your 1800mah phone battery.

I sell Phones, Tablets, Powerbanks, Phones accessories et al
Contact me for Quality purchases

....Init with Full Capacity

1 Like

Re: How Do Power Banks Work??? by barackodam: 9:17pm On Sep 19, 2014
Thanks initialize
Re: How Do Power Banks Work??? by initialize(m): 9:21pm On Sep 19, 2014
barackodam: Thanks initialize

Welcome sir

(1) (Reply)

Innjoo I2s In Osogbo And Environment / Bb Z10 For Sale At 25k / I Need A Hp 630 Laptop Battery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.