Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,163 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

Fg Wants American Security Forces Out Of Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg Wants American Security Forces Out Of Nigeria. (2968 Views)

FG Wants Speedy Completion Of Mambilla Power Project – Buhari / Security Forces Burst Boko Haram Intelligence Network / FG Wants 10 Billion Naira For Independence Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fg Wants American Security Forces Out Of Nigeria. by tawa89(f): 6:47am On Sep 21, 2014
INSURGENCY: FG wants ‘non-cooperative’ American security forces out of Nigeria
SEPT. 20, 2014

The Federal Government is querying the continued presence of American security forces in the country more than two months after they promised to assist in rescuing the Chibok girls and stem the tide of terrorism without results.

It was gathered that top officials will be in the United States this weekend to straighten things out on Nigeria’s displeasure with what has been described as the “lack of cooperation” with Nigeria by the American agents who are in the country, according to report from Nigerian Tribune

A top security official reportedly said that Nigeria was beginning to query the real mission of the American forces in the country.

“These people have been around for more than two months. They made so much noise before coming that they would assist in rescuing the Chibok girls and fight Boko Haram with technology but can you believe it that these people do not share intelligence with Nigeria? They do not relate at all with Nigerian officials. In fact, they have their office in the US Embassy where they process their intelligence.

“The procurement of military equipment is another area where they are frustrating Nigeria. By now, we are supposed to have taken delivery of some of the equipment but unfortunately, they are delaying this with unnecessary bottlenecks in the name of ‘compliance issues.’ Now, Nigeria is being forced to look for succour in the direction of countries in Eastern Europe. We just took delivery of some equipment, including attack helicopters from China which will soon be deployed for operations.

“The $9.3m arms deal that was bungled in South Africa was one of the desperate moves taken by the government to get out of the frustration,”

3 Likes

Re: Fg Wants American Security Forces Out Of Nigeria. by tawa89(f): 6:49am On Sep 21, 2014
Re: Fg Wants American Security Forces Out Of Nigeria. by texazzpete(m): 6:53am On Sep 21, 2014
All these quotes from 'unnamed top security officials' are beginning to sound fishy.

I think it's just a ploy to distract us and provide some plausible reason for $9.8m in cash being smuggled into SA in a private jet.

So far, I've seen no official confirmation of any arms sales ban or whatever. And one certainly does not carry only 9.8m dollars if you want modern helicopters.

1 Like

Re: Fg Wants American Security Forces Out Of Nigeria. by tawa89(f): 6:56am On Sep 21, 2014
Two months after the Americans came down to Nigeria to help find the kidnapped Chibok girls, after all the noise they made, the showboating and media frenzy campaign led by Obama and his wife to bring back our girls, they still haven't made any headway in bringing back our girls.
American security forces are blocking us from acquiring state of art military hardware , when we tried to get some from eastern Europe , they tipped off the South African government. These people aint helping us and I wonder what they are still doing in our country.
I'm with FG on this, The American Snitches should leave our country within 48hrs.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fg Wants American Security Forces Out Of Nigeria. by otokx(m): 7:00am On Sep 21, 2014
As usual they are telling lies.

1 Like

Re: Fg Wants American Security Forces Out Of Nigeria. by tawa89(f): 7:03am On Sep 21, 2014
texazzpete: All these quotes from 'unnamed top security officials' are beginning to sound fishy.

I think it's just a ploy to distract us and provide some plausible reason for $9.8m in cash being smuggled into SA in a private jet.

So far, I've seen no official confirmation of any arms sales ban or whatever. And one certainly does not carry only 9.8m dollars if you want modern helicopters.
bros did see what the MH13 helicopter did to BH boys last week? that's what we got from China when Americans refused to sell to us now imagine what $9m of military hardware will do to bh. Americans are in our house, they won't leave until will pursue them.
NB: why do u want to know the name of the military sources? you want to put them in trouble? you sound like a politician .....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fg Wants American Security Forces Out Of Nigeria. by seanet02: 7:03am On Sep 21, 2014
texazzpete: All these quotes from 'unnamed top security officials' are beginning to sound fishy.

Abi o
Re: Fg Wants American Security Forces Out Of Nigeria. by texazzpete(m): 7:08am On Sep 21, 2014
tawa89: Two months after the Americans came down to Nigeria to help find the kidnapped Chibok girls, after all the noise they made, the showboating and media frenzy campaign led by Obama and his wife to bring back our girls, they still haven't made any headway in bringing back our girls.
American security forces are blocking us from acquiring state of art military hardware , when we tried to get some from eastern Europe , they tipped off the South African government. These people aint helping us and I wonder what they are still doing in our country.
I'm with FG on this, The American Snitches should leave our country within 48hrs.

Here's the thing.
It is just an unconfirmed rumor that there's an arms purchase ban. No proof.

What is an indisputable fact is that the FG failed to protect those girls, failed to move at all when the trail was hot, failed to arm our troops properly and failed to show any empathy for the parents.
Given that, one wonders why you're filled with so much ire over an unconfirmed rumor while the FG that has been exposed as a definite villain of this piece gets no backlash from you. Are you one of the paid sycophants? I do not know you.
Finally, your "America tipped off SA" line is just plain daft. Arms deals are done with wire transfers. Absolutely no need to fly to South Africa with cash. Only drug dealers and terrorist warlords buy arms this way.

And nobody takes 9.8m dollars to buy helicopters. You cannot get a decent modern attack helicopter for that amount.

I still maintain this is a money laundering case gone bad.

7 Likes

Re: Fg Wants American Security Forces Out Of Nigeria. by texazzpete(m): 7:18am On Sep 21, 2014
tawa89: bros did see what the MH13 helicopter did to BH boys last week? that's what we got from China when Americans refused to sell to us now imagine what $9m of military hardware will do to bh. Americans are in our house, they won't leave until will pursue them.
NB: why do u want to know the name of the military sources? you want to put them in trouble? you sound like a politician .....

Except that the price of a single Mi 35 attack chopper is greater than $20 mln.

Looks like money laundering to me.

1 Like

Re: Fg Wants American Security Forces Out Of Nigeria. by otokx(m): 7:22am On Sep 21, 2014
The case of $9.3m is a typical example of everyday for the thief but one day for the owner.

They have been doing this all along but God said enough.

1 Like

Re: Fg Wants American Security Forces Out Of Nigeria. by Feedmemore(f): 7:23am On Sep 21, 2014
Just hoping it's not some kind of cover up for the $9.3million dollars bust in SA.

Having said that, I think we should send the yanks out for real, if they are not sharing intelligent with us and they can not deliver on the Chibok girls and all, what then was their mission to Nigeria. I guess to spy and collect vital security info from us. They should be given an ultimatum to ship out ASAP.

I don't trust the yanks one bit and their hypocrisy stinks to high heaven.

2 Likes

Re: Fg Wants American Security Forces Out Of Nigeria. by focus7: 7:31am On Sep 21, 2014
Good, d US government attitude towards Nigeria lately has indicated that Nigeria could no longer rely on our alliance with them so is better we begin to show them we can do better without them.

1 Like

Re: Fg Wants American Security Forces Out Of Nigeria. by texazzpete(m): 7:34am On Sep 21, 2014
http://www.bigstory.ap.org/article/nigerian-air-force-buying-new-fighters-choppers

See link above.

When the FG wanted to place orders for new jets and helicopters, they informed us. They had no issues buying Chengdu Fighter Jets from China recently. Now suddenly they want to buy from the U.S.?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_Air_ForceThat Wikipedia link shows that most of our combat aircraft comes from Russia or China. Why would this change now? Even if there was a U.S. block, this would most certainly not affect purchases from China or Russia where we would definitely get aircraft at cheaper prices.

Why would you pay China or Russia with cash smuggled into another country?

anyone who believes the simplistic and implausible excuses these paid hacks are feeding us is a joker.

4 Likes

Re: Fg Wants American Security Forces Out Of Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 21, 2014
otokx: The case of $9.3m is a typical example of everyday for the thief but one day for the owner.

They have been doing this all along but God said enough.

End of

2 Likes

Re: Fg Wants American Security Forces Out Of Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:49am On Sep 21, 2014
texazzpete:

Here's the thing.
It is just an unconfirmed rumor that there's an arms purchase ban. No proof.

What is an indisputable fact is that the FG failed to protect those girls, failed to move at all when the trail was hot, failed to arm our troops properly and failed to show any empathy for the parents.
Given that, one wonders why you're filled with so much ire over an unconfirmed rumor while the FG that has been exposed as a definite villain of this piece gets no backlash from you. Are you one of the paid sycophants? I do not know you.
Finally, your "America tipped off SA" line is just plain daft. Arms deals are done with wire transfers. Absolutely no need to fly to South Africa with cash. Only drug dealers and terrorist warlords buy arms this way.

And nobody takes 9.8m dollars to buy helicopters. You cannot get a decent modern attack helicopter for that amount.

I still maintain this is a money laundering case gone bad.

You speak as if it is normal for girls in hostels to be kidnapped en mass.

It is not Federal government that failed! It is the Northern society that has failed!

3 Likes

Re: Fg Wants American Security Forces Out Of Nigeria. by Busybody2(f): 8:00am On Sep 21, 2014
Brouhahahahahahaha, so people actually believed the tripe that US security forces genuinely came to Nigeria to help find the phantom Chibok girls, tsk, tsk, tsk grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Fg Wants American Security Forces Out Of Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:16am On Sep 21, 2014
US has always wanted to be the world power,trying every means to subdue other nations with their selfish interest if given the chance..

Is high time they left,if the purpose of coming in the first place hasn't been achieved over that duration.

For once,am with the FG on this.

1 Like

Re: Fg Wants American Security Forces Out Of Nigeria. by F117A: 8:55am On Sep 21, 2014
Get the fucck out of our country.
Bloody yanks.

1 Like

Re: Fg Wants American Security Forces Out Of Nigeria. by 4Play(m): 9:51am On Sep 21, 2014
I believe there is some truth to the claims that the US is reluctant to offer certain equipment and intelligence but it is a complete red herring using it as justification for the South African debacle.

The US's reluctance stems from the likelihood that its equipment given to Nigeria will end up in the hands of Boko Haram. The Pentagon noted in a briefing to Congress that Nigerian soldiers are reluctant to fight. There are also major concerns about Nigerian soldiers' human rights violations. These are longstanding worries - same was experienced during the fight against MEND.

[url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/us-eager-to-help-nigerian-search-for-girls-but-cautious-in-sharing-intelligence/2014/05/15/c5ad010e-dc5c-11e3-bda1-9b46b2066796_story.html [/url]

Nigerian soldiers charged with countering the “exceptionally brutal” Boko Haram insurgency are outgunned and fearful, and the Pentagon has been reluctant to share intelligence with the Nigerian military because of its own record of brutality, a senior Pentagon official said Thursday.

The Nigerian army’s 7th Division, deployed against the insurgency in the country’s north, “has recently shown signs of real fear,” Friend said. “They do not have the capabilities, the training or the equipping that Boko Haram does.”The Islamic insurgency is increasingly taking on the military in direct fighting, she added, and “is exceptionally brutal and indiscriminate in their attacks.”As a result, “we are now looking at a military force that is, quite frankly, becoming afraid to even engage,” Friend said.

2 Likes

Re: Fg Wants American Security Forces Out Of Nigeria. by darkroses(m): 9:56am On Sep 21, 2014
Nigeria does not have d moral right to ask usa to leave it's shore because we may still need dere help in one way or the other.....

2 Likes

Re: Fg Wants American Security Forces Out Of Nigeria. by Fruitful2: 10:05am On Sep 21, 2014
They should leave Nigeria it's long over due.

1 Like

Re: Fg Wants American Security Forces Out Of Nigeria. by nationwide24: 10:05am On Sep 21, 2014
Americans continuous presence without anything to show for it should serve as a common sense to all of us that no one can build Nigeria better than Nigerians. #No country loves Nigeria more than Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Fg Wants American Security Forces Out Of Nigeria. by F117A: 10:41am On Sep 21, 2014
darkroses: Nigeria does not have d moral right to ask usa to leave it's shore because we may still need dere help in one way or the other.....
Nigeria does not have the "moral right" to send the US out of her own country?
You have sawdust for brains.

7 Likes

Re: Fg Wants American Security Forces Out Of Nigeria. by omenka(m): 10:53am On Sep 21, 2014
tawa89: Two months after the Americans came down to Nigeria to help find the kidnapped Chibok girls, after all the noise they made, the showboating and media frenzy campaign led by Obama and his wife to bring back our girls, they still haven't made any headway in bringing back our girls.
Keep spreading the lies, with some luck, one day it would stick.

Happy sunday.
Re: Fg Wants American Security Forces Out Of Nigeria. by BlackTechnology: 11:03am On Sep 21, 2014
Its time we start developing advanced weapons and mass produced them

I will advice that the FG instructs all higher institutions science engineering and technology departments to give their students weapon related projects.

These projects should not just be at the traditional a student per project level but it should be organized at department, faculty, university, national and departmental association levels.
Eg At student level a group of 10 industrial physics students may be given a project to develop a bullet
At departmental level the department will tell the 100-500 level students to develop a machine gun that has special features unknown to other machine guns
At faculty level the various science engineering and technology departments will tell their 100-500 level students to develop a minimum sized drone
At university level the various departments will be told to aid in financial, advertising, marketing etc forms

In other words, the least expensive projects should be done at students level and most expensive projects at university level.

If we involve so many young minds with the promise to increase their Grade Points we will see the development of weapons and their mass production technics.

4 Likes

Re: Fg Wants American Security Forces Out Of Nigeria. by SporaD8: 11:13am On Sep 21, 2014
Good development!
This is long overdue.
Re: Fg Wants American Security Forces Out Of Nigeria. by darkroses(m): 11:15am On Sep 21, 2014
F117A: Nigeria does not have the "moral right" to send the US out of her own country?
even wit ur normal brain, is so surprising u dnt know about world politics , about 90percents of countries has compromised in one way or the others wit d usa
Re: Fg Wants American Security Forces Out Of Nigeria. by texazzpete(m): 12:25pm On Sep 21, 2014
4Play: I believe there is some truth to the claims that the US is reluctant to offer certain equipment and intelligence but it is a complete red herring using it as justification for the South African debacle.

The US's reluctance stems from the likelihood that its equipment given to Nigeria will end up in the hands of Boko Haram. The Pentagon noted in a briefing to Congress that Nigerian soldiers are reluctant to fight. There are also major concerns about Nigerian soldiers' human rights violations. These are longstanding worries - same was experienced during the fight against MEND.

[url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/us-eager-to-help-nigerian-search-for-girls-but-cautious-in-sharing-intelligence/2014/05/15/c5ad010e-dc5c-11e3-bda1-9b46b2066796_story.html [/url]

From what I understand, the statute in question prevents the US from funding or providing equipment to armies or armed groups suspected of human rights violations.

It doesn't explicitly block the SALE of weapons though. And it is only an American law... The idea that there's a massive sanction from many western nations preventing the Nigerian army from buying weapons is just ridiculous

Add to that the fact that we've patronized the Chinese and Russians much more in the past few decades and you realize this is just a red Herring to distract us ftom the real issues . The Russians and the Chinese are extremely willing to sell to us.

1 Like

Re: Fg Wants American Security Forces Out Of Nigeria. by Idrismusty97(m): 12:26pm On Sep 21, 2014
F117A: Nigeria does not have the "moral right" to send the US out of her own country?
Chai!!!
Re: Fg Wants American Security Forces Out Of Nigeria. by gists: 12:46pm On Sep 21, 2014
There is a silver lining here. I am tempted to say this is a very good news -from two points of view. Finally, uncle Jonathan nailed his own coffin. Which country in its right sense will deliberately want to make the US an enemy?
While I want the US out of the country because they don't mean well for us (they don't mean well for country sef because as they always say their actions and inactions are always geared towards protecting american interest - period!) I am especially happy its this useless gov that's going to cause a rift between US and Nigeria. That way you can be sure of int'l sabotage working against Jonathan in the coming elections. Most presidential elections in the world today has some elements of US involvement. The int'l observers who looked away from the gross malpractices during the last elections are still very much loyal to US. I can bet this time around, the observers will demonise gej for the slightest of rigging (which pdp cannot do without)
Carry on jona, make the US your enemy and push'em out to our benefit and to your doom grin grin grin
Re: Fg Wants American Security Forces Out Of Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 21, 2014
Americans should get the Bleep out of our country. I know they have a base station at Chevron and the conservation area, but I dont give a shit. They should get the Bleep out of our country. Full Stop. They manufacture terrorism everywhere. They killed Saddam now Iraq is in shambles, they killed Ghadafi now Lybia is in shambles. They deployed arms to 'Free Syrian Army' now they are called ISIS. What next ? They wanna empower Boko Haram by telling countries not to sell us arms.

We destroyed Ebola, We will destroy Boko Haram

1 Like

Re: Fg Wants American Security Forces Out Of Nigeria. by BlackTechnology: 1:19pm On Sep 21, 2014
gists: There is a silver lining here. I am tempted to say this is a very good news -from two points of view. Finally, uncle Jonathan nailed his own coffin. Which country in its right sense will deliberately want to make the US an enemy?
While I want the US out of the country because they don't mean well for us (they don't mean well for country sef because as they always say their actions and inactions are always geared towards protecting american interest - period!) I am especially happy its this useless gov that's going to cause a rift between US and Nigeria. That way you can be sure of int'l sabotage working against Jonathan in the coming elections. Most presidential elections in the world today has some elements of US involvement. The int'l observers who looked away from the gross malpractices during the last elections are still very much loyal to US. I can bet this time around, the observers will demonise gej for the slightest of rigging (which pdp cannot do without)
Carry on jona, make the US your enemy and push'em out to our benefit and to your doom grin grin grin

You think US government loves you

If GEJ accepts gay, lesbian and all other Antichrist laws, they will give GEJ all arms needed to destroy BH.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Graphic Pics From Scene Of The Blast At Yobe Secondary School / VIDEO: Buhari Dances Shoki With His Daughter, Zahra After Winning / Details Of Secret Meeting Between PMB And Northern Leaders Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.