Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

Most Reliable And Maintenance Friendly Car/suv - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Most Reliable And Maintenance Friendly Car/suv (16877 Views)

Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m / My First Car: SUV Or SEDAN. Pls Advice! / ***hello House! Which Is Better? A Petrol Or A Diesel Engine Car/suv*** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Reliable And Maintenance Friendly Car/suv by vikeb(m): 9:31am On Sep 21, 2014
Good morn.,please am just a little confused here and need your sincere advice.I am in urgent need of a car now but really dont kw which to go for.I appreciate the toyotas mostly nd lexus too but not too ok with hinda cos of the front wheels issues.I have a budget of 1.5m nd thinking going to cotonou.Pls i need advice on which car that go for that budget putting reliability,durability nd fuel economy into consideration.But i dnt like the Big Daddy car pls.Pls ur sincere advice will be appreciated.An SUV or saloon dat falls within my budget.Thanks...
Re: Most Reliable And Maintenance Friendly Car/suv by nurey(m): 9:38am On Sep 21, 2014
NiSsan Micra
Kia Picanto
Hyundai i10

Very very efficient, durable, reliable, commutable, portable, affordable grin

3 Likes

Re: Most Reliable And Maintenance Friendly Car/suv by vikeb(m): 9:49am On Sep 21, 2014
@ nurey, never said am buying a new car.Am going for a tokunbo nd not a fan if those products u mentioned.
Re: Most Reliable And Maintenance Friendly Car/suv by ExpressBooking(m): 10:01am On Sep 21, 2014
go for 1999-2003 Lexus RX300 and you will enjoy it. I have one myself. if you want something that has lower fuel consumption or gas mileage then 2003-2007 Toyota Corolla will be wonderful. both falls within your budget. if you choose the Lexus RX300, then you must avoid the AWD models with propeller and back axle as they take more fuel than the conventional FWD models. but the AWD's runs faster and have better grip,balance and handling than the FWD models.
hope you find this helpful. Thank me later.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Most Reliable And Maintenance Friendly Car/suv by vikeb(m): 10:15am On Sep 21, 2014
@ Expressbooking thanks so much.More advice pls...

1 Like

Re: Most Reliable And Maintenance Friendly Car/suv by nurey(m): 10:34am On Sep 21, 2014
My first post was on car but let me tell you that SUVs aren't design basically for fuel efficiency, they are designed to help you get through off roads.

If you are buy what we call jeep by nigeria standard (SUV and CUV) you should look at two things, fuel efficiency and then power. If you want a fuel efficient suv then 4cylinder is ur choice but if you want raw power then 6 cylinder is your choice.

I will list some budget cars you can get with your finance that are very common in naija and good

4cylinder suv and cuv
1. Honda crv first and second generation
2. Mitsubishi outlander any model year below 2005
3. Ford escape first generation
4. Ford ecosport
5. Mazda tribute
6. The first generation toyota rav 4

6 cylinder SUVs
1. Nissan pathfinder 1999 to 2004 model year
2. Infiniti Qx4 1999 to 2004
3. Lexus Rx300 first generation
4. Toyota 4runner 1999 to 2002 ( built to survive even ebola attack)
5. Honda pilot 2003 and 2004 only because of budget

I will advice you go for the cuvs with 4 cylinder since you are adamant on fuel efficiency, the 6 cylinders are good but with traffic you may be spending close to 7k a week for fueling depending on ur journey and traffic.

Don't be bambuzzled by toyota fanboys that their cars are the most reliable. A car is only as reliable as the owner with good and timely maintenance on any car it will last and last and last.

But check the pix of these cars and see which one you admire most. Wish you goodluck on your choice.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Most Reliable And Maintenance Friendly Car/suv by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 21, 2014
Anything from Honda, Toyota, Nissan will do you well.

Avoid vehicles with AWD/4WD as they are totally a waste in Nigeria. They don't go faster (how fast do you want to go in Nigeria?), they consume more fuel, more things to go wrong and frankly a waste of resource.

If I were buying an SUV today I would buy the Rav4 (pre 6cylinder) and if I were buying a car (not advisable due to the rigors if our road) I would buy a Nissan Versa (not sure what they call it in Nigeria.

I try not to recommend cars to people because it should be a personal decision. No individual car can guarantee easy of ownership so you have to drive something that you love walking up to to justify any maintenance costs.

3 Likes

Re: Most Reliable And Maintenance Friendly Car/suv by nurey(m): 5:50pm On Sep 21, 2014
CityNG: Anything from Honda, Toyota, Nissan will do you well.

Avoid vehicles with AWD/4WD as they are totally a waste in Nigeria. They don't go faster (how fast do you want to go in Nigeria?), they consume more fuel, more things to go wrong and frankly a waste of resource.

If I were buying an SUV today I would buy the Rav4 (pre 6cylinder) and if I were buying a car (not advisable due to the rigors if our road) I would buy a Nissan Versa (not sure what they call it in Nigeria.

I try not to recommend cars to people because it should be a personal decision. No individual car can guarantee easy of ownership so you have to drive something that you love walking up to to justify any maintenance costs.

The NISSAN look like sentra. So I think that nissan is known as sentra here

1 Like

Re: Most Reliable And Maintenance Friendly Car/suv by Nobody: 7:06pm On Sep 21, 2014
nurey:

The NISSAN look like sentra. So I think that nissan is known as sentra here

This is the new US Sentra, looks similar but bigger.

I like the new Nissan design and line up. Before I found/bought my Jetta the Versa was on the top of my list.

Re: Most Reliable And Maintenance Friendly Car/suv by Osama10(m): 10:59am On Sep 25, 2014
CityNG: Anything from Honda, Toyota, Nissan will do you well.

I totally disagree with that sentence,If you don't have a 4WD/AWD you can't drive through where I stay presently.The road is as bad as hell itself.

1 Like

Re: Most Reliable And Maintenance Friendly Car/suv by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 25, 2014
Osama10:

I totally disagree with that sentence,If you don't have a 4WD/AWD you can't drive through where I stay presently.The road is as bad as hell itself.

I understand that you have to disagree.

With a perfectly good modern SUV with LSD and good tires I have never encountered a residential neighborhood that isn't accessible.

What you need and what you want are two different things.
Re: Most Reliable And Maintenance Friendly Car/suv by Nobody: 11:17pm On Nov 05, 2014
nurey:
My first post was on car but let me tell you that SUVs aren't design basically for fuel efficiency, they are designed to help you get through off roads.

If you are buy what we call jeep by nigeria standard (SUV and CUV) you should look at two things, fuel efficiency and then power. If you want a fuel efficient suv then 4cylinder is ur choice but if you want raw power then 6 cylinder is your choice.

I will list some budget cars you can get with your finance that are very common in naija and good

4cylinder suv and cuv
1. Honda crv first and second generation
2. Mitsubishi outlander any model year below 2005
3. Ford escape first generation
4. Ford ecosport
5. Mazda tribute
6. The first generation toyota rav 4

6 cylinder SUVs
1. Nissan pathfinder 1999 to 2004 model year
2. Infiniti Qx4 1999 to 2004
3. Lexus Rx300 first generation
4. Toyota 4runner 1999 to 2002 ( built to survive even ebola attack)
5. Honda pilot 2003 and 2004 only because of budget

I will advice you go for the cuvs with 4 cylinder since you are adamant on fuel efficiency, the 6 cylinders are good but with traffic you may be spending close to 7k a week for fueling depending on ur journey and traffic.

Don't be bambuzzled by toyota fanboys that their cars are the most reliable. A car is only as reliable as the owner with good and timely maintenance on any car it will last and last and last.

But check the pix of these cars and see which one you admire most. Wish you goodluck on your choice.

nice
Re: Most Reliable And Maintenance Friendly Car/suv by diportivo: 2:33pm On Nov 06, 2014
CityNG:

This is the new US Sentra, looks similar but bigger.

I like the new Nissan design and line up. Before I found/bought my Jetta the Versa was on the top of my list.
the first nissan picture is the almera here..the us sentra is the same as d new model here
Re: Most Reliable And Maintenance Friendly Car/suv by AutosBay(m): 3:03pm On Nov 07, 2014
Would suggest you go for Toyota Four Runner 2002 model its highly fuel efficient, very rugged and has low maintenance cost.
Re: Most Reliable And Maintenance Friendly Car/suv by San2ski(m): 8:58pm On Feb 01, 2015
End of...
But op I'm curious. Which one did you finally get undecided

1 Like

Re: Most Reliable And Maintenance Friendly Car/suv by padodo: 11:49pm On Jul 22, 2016
do any how have an ideal the performance of a mustibushi outlander and mustibushi montero ? thanks very urgent
Re: Most Reliable And Maintenance Friendly Car/suv by AXYZ: 7:23pm On Dec 26, 2017
Someone should please advise on which car to purchase, considering the cost of maintenance.

NB. Any Nigerian used car from 2007-2011

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? / Is It Safe To Clean MAF Sensor With Methylathed Spirit? / Innoson Vehicles Will Take Over Africa – IVM Chairman, Chukwuma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.