Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities (37768 Views)

FG Moves To Regulate Fees Charged By Tertiary Institutions / Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Varsities / List Private Universities In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by bigtt76(f): 7:34pm On Sep 21, 2014
My dear ...no sentiments. If people cannot afford 150K ...can they now afford 1million per session? The operators of the private universities know what to do to reduce the fees if they want to. When MTN and Econet (now Airtel) came on stream the saying then was they cannot do per second billing not until Glo came on board did everything reduced drastically. People bought SIM cards for almost 50K before then. Now a SIM card is 200 Naira.

In essence what I'm saying is that until a kindhearted player in the educational industry come on stream ...they private universities would continue in their ways. If not for the type of government we have had in power ...who for near State or Private Universities sef #mtscheeeeeeeeew.

Abeg make the Bishop nor make pipo vex with hin tok o! All fingers are not equal, sayign people can afford 1 million or more for burial is just too insensitive. Many people join several welfare unions as well as their tribal meeting groups and they get together to contribute to assist members during such period so its not as if a civil servant coughs out 1 million naira for burial.

The only pipo who can conveniently cough out such huge sum for burial are those who can afford to do so and are not complaining over private universities school fees.

sarutobie:
sentiment sentiment and more sentiments! my younger sister is studying English in abia state university, she pays about 150k per session (some faculties and departments pay almost double)..now since you agree the private universities shouldn't charge less or equal to the government owned universities, how much then will be "affordable"? 200k? 300k? maybe 400k? mind you a lot of people cant even afford the "cheap" 150k they charge for my sister's tuition in the government owned school..
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 21, 2014
frosbel: So this heartless man uses money from 80% of his congregation to build universities that 80% of them cannot attend ??

OK...let us assume that Oyedepo decides to charge N15000 per semester so that all those poor members of his church can attend .

Assuming 10,000 Students attend...that gives us N150 m naira per annum.

Out of that , he has to pay staff salaries (and paying one lecturer is about N400,000 monthly in a FEDERAL university) and other staff salaries,maintenance costs, etc.

All that costs far more than N150m he gets per annum.

Note that Oyedepo gets zero funding from the government.
So where is he going to get money from? The air?

Some of you Nigerians should stop behaving as if there is a bottomless pit of cash. There isn't.

(And I am not a member of Oyedepo's church, neither am I his fan).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by Exponental(m): 7:38pm On Sep 21, 2014
no insult attached. if d interview was not edited or incomplete, he has said nothing......no point at all.
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by bigtt76(f): 7:46pm On Sep 21, 2014
While I will agree with you that he gets no funding and what is realized as school fees may not be enough to run the school ....Bishop should not come out and say people spend 1 million naira on burials as if every Nigerian out there has the 1 million naira or happy to spend such on burial.

Truth is if the church today wants to help the poor in the society as the missionaries did back then ...they certainly can do it. Imagine the two ebola infected people flown back to US were all missionaries ...how many of those church people volunteered to assist at the Lagos isolation center? angry

bushdoc9919:

OK...let us assume that Oyedepo decides to charge N15000 per semester so that all those poor members of his church can attend .

Out of that , he has to pay staff salaries (and paying one lecturer is about N400,000 monthly in a FEDERAL university) and other staff salaries,maintenance costs, etc.

Some of you Nigerians should stop behaving as if there is a bottomless pit of cash. There isn't.

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by Attorney1Lawz: 7:51pm On Sep 21, 2014
I think to understand the MOG's response we need to do a Q&A analysis

1. Does the church run a public or private University?
Ans: a private university , hence funding comes from its church members and no govt support

2. Do Churches come before members at their regular services for funds to maintain these universities?

Ans: Funds are solicited at mostly for seed capital to take off these universities, and once school begins its tuition fees of students and meagre church budget to the rescue.

3. Does the government think that its the Nigerians that would benefit from the quality education provided by these private university

Ans: Govt at all levels see private institutions as alien institutions , hence they don't subsidize anything , no funds to do even research for the common good of the society. This is not surprising as ASUU as had to strike for 15 YEARS sine inception to tell our govt that the Giant of AFRICA must rep. IN TERMS OF funding RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT at our ivory towers.

4. Do Nigerians think these private universities should be supported esp. BY the High networth - forbes list individuals?
Ans: Our SOCIETY and the RICH think very differently from thier counterparts in developed climes. Hence they show off with grand birthday parties, wedding anniversaries, housewarming to intimidate the poor instead of investing in SCHOLARSHIP and help defray cost of education. A briton recently gave Oxford University 40 MILLION POUNDS, South Africa's riches man hands millions of Rands yearly to the University of Cape Town. Please help me ask our Dangote's. Otedola's , Dantata, Folawiyo's, Bola Shagaya's - what they are giving back ? they can take a cue from Jim Ovia's ICT center in our Higher institutions and

5. Is the Church right with the fees currently charged ? given that missionaries brought education to us free.
ANS: YES
a. The missionaries merely introduced basic education to us.Hence, they never built state of the art labs., quality sports facilities nor standard educational facilities obtainable in their home countries.
b. Missionaries introduced only pry to sec education , which a bit lesser to maintain and the Churches are still able to provide these today. Churches like R.C.C.G and even Winners have pry sch tuition at VERY AFFORDABLE PRICE FOR ALL.
c. The missionaries did provide free education through constant donations from charities, individuals and concerned bodies interested in enacting scholarship at that time. Nigerians rightly speaking only support the course of the downtrodden when there is a burial or picture of a surgery laden kid before them - but tuition fees they tell u to come tomorrow or month end.

6. IF they church is indirectly asking for support , is she showing veritable leadership in this case?

Ans: OVERWHELMING YES!!!
a. Each of these churches from Benson Idahosa Uni to Covenant Uni., Landmark Uni,etc. have a scholarship scheme always in place to handle the needs of members who cant cope with the tuition.
b. For a fact, Bishop Oyedepo personally funds over 27 kids at Covenant University since inception through the David Oyedepo Foundation. This same Foundation built the multipurpose African Leadership Center at Covenant University.
c. In line with Bishop Oyedepo's contribution to restoring the Agrarian revolution in Nigeria, Landmark University since inception offers 100% scholarship to students with excellent jamb scores on any of its agricultural programmes.
d. Churches like Synagogue,Christ embassy ,MFM all provide massive scholarship schemes to its members in higher institutions located in any part of the world.

Please if the the church has taken the initiative to show our lazy govt how to run education the govt/Nigerians can then do the following

1.Increase and monitor its investments in both public and private institutions as our students are tired of govt induced strikes that keep the private institutions a big edge over them.
2. Nigerians should see giving to endowment funds of our universities as sth for everyone to contribute to , its not an avenue for HONORARY DOCTORATE.
3. Today, we battle with polio,malaria bad road networks, environmental challenges like flooding, erosion etc. - the SOLUTION IS TO INVEST ON THE NIGERIAN YOUTH and not call quacks from EUROPE, US who have no stake to come and assist.I hear our POWER NETWORK was designed by an intern from SEIMENS AG, no wonder u find T power lines dotting our forests, oceans etc. To avoid this insults, we must develop our minds to tackle our problems.

THANK YOU ALL

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by popcykaylah(m): 7:52pm On Sep 21, 2014
Titiluvly:

That's My Papa...Exceeding Grace Sir!....cheesy

which school you attend if I may ask?..your papa is a typical business man ..shaking my head for you.keep paying tithes and offerings for him to build the next school on water..I'm sure they have hypnotized you all.
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 21, 2014
bigtt76: While I will agree with you that he gets no funding and what is realized as school fees may not be enough to run the school ....Bishop should not come out and say people spend 1 million naira on burials as if every Nigerian out there has the 1 million naira or happy to spend such on burial.

Truth is if the church today wants to help the poor in the society as the missionaries did back then ...they certainly can do it. Imagine the two ebola infected people flown back to US were all missionaries ...how many of those church people volunteered to assist at the Lagos isolation center? angry

Ah, those missionaries had(and still have) heavy sponsorship from outside the country. Many mission organizations get heavy funding from churches and rich Christians abroad....including some who are as rich as Dangote!

That's why they are able to help....and none of them set up a University(though many set up teacher training colleges, which were not free BTW and are not as extensive as universiites).

Also, back during the mission heyday, relatively fewer kids went to school. Not like now, where far more children go to school.

I guess, going back to universities, one way we could get around the funding issue is via loans and grants for students (That is how many students in the US afford school....problem is they pay back the loans for a long time).

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by hrhobi1(m): 7:54pm On Sep 21, 2014
We need criticism to move forward. By criticising your opponent you also advise your opponent. What we need is progress.
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by rhames(m): 7:58pm On Sep 21, 2014
nora544:

When i read this, this remember me what i read on the website of madonna University from Nigeruia it is also a private University, i know it is a catholic UNiversity and they wrote that students who want to study there should apply also when they didnot have the money for the school fees gecause they have ways to help them and that this University is open to all students from every religion.

This you will never read at this University from this new churches.

The real motive for setting up these Churches which I prefer to calll businesses is precisely for the worship Mammon and not God. May God continue to help the poor people of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by QuiverBox(f): 7:59pm On Sep 21, 2014
erico2k2:
Next time try and do a little bit of baground B4 you quote people, FYI I livein England so words like MB dont apply to me,
back to the question,I used the term NON profit Organization, if you understand what that means you wont ask all them questions you just did, just to prove a point of how ignorant People are in the third world countries like ours, Check Cancer UK,RSPC,Red Cross, Doctors Without Borders, ask yourself how they fund their services and pay staffs, then there goes your Answer.If the churche's aim is to bring up young men and women as graduate in the ways of the Lord then there must be a sole purpose to that effect only and profits made should be re-invested into the total Educational system not just the ones of the church now that's what I call Soul winning.

You can Be in Mars or Jubiter, the internet you are using to post on Nairaland is it Free, you claim to be in England, Mention one thing that you get for free, or " Non Profit as you call it.

You pay for quality Education from Non - religious Organization , but you want religious orgination to be Non Profit.

Since you know so much about where All the organization get their funding, have you told Oyedepo to do same , yet you come to a faceless Forum and Claim to be in England.

It will be good you get the so called funding and come and set your University in Nigeria to give free Education.

I wonder how being in England have to do with teaching someone in Nigeria how to run his Business.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by popcykaylah(m): 8:02pm On Sep 21, 2014
I have said it before and will say it again ..this man is a typical business man..make mugus keep paying while their children sit at home and some hawk..rubbish..and he has the guts to say Nigerians spend 1m on burial..must he now capitalize on that.even Jesus won't do this.this business men that call thierselves pastors are suppose to practice the way of Christ rather they have let the things of the world take charge .hian
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by sarutobie(m): 8:05pm On Sep 21, 2014
bigtt76: While I will agree with you that he gets no funding and what is realized as school fees may not be enough to run the school ....Bishop should not come out and say people spend 1 million naira on burials as if every Nigerian out there has the 1 million naira or happy to spend such on burial.

my dear where is your stand
1.you agree they get no funding from the government unlike the state and federal universities.
2.you also agreed on an earlier post that it snt fair that they should charge less or equal to what a government funded university charges.
3.i now cited ABSU(a government owned university oo) as an example where they charge 150k per session..which is still not affordable for a lot of people
4.now if you are of the opinion that a private school shouldn't charge what a government school charges (because they dont get funds from the government); and still believe a lot of people cant even afford the said "cheaper" public schools charging 150-200k per session, how much then should the private schools charge
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by adconline(m): 8:07pm On Sep 21, 2014
sarutobie:
do you in all honesty believe that only "the poor people" come to these churches and pay tithes and give donations? someone in an earlier post even said politicians attend these churches and give their tithes and donations there..yet you still ask how the universities came to be?
Most poor folks constitute a large percentage of the congregation
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by Nobody: 8:09pm On Sep 21, 2014
erico2k2:
Next time try and do a little bit of baground B4 you quote people, FYI I livein England so words like MB dont apply to me,
back to the question,I used the term NON profit Organization, if you understand what that means you wont ask all them questions you just did, just to prove a point of how ignorant People are in the third world countries like ours, [b]Check Cancer UK,RSPC,Red Cross, Doctors Without Borders, ask yourself how they fund their services and pay staffs, then there goes your Answer.[/b]If the churche's aim is to bring up young men and women as graduate in the ways of the Lord then there must be a sole purpose to that effect only and profits made should be re-invested into the total Educational system not just the ones of the church now that's what I call Soul winning.

Cnacer UK, RSPCA, Mediciens Sans Frontieres.....all recieve heavy funding from companies, wealthy private individuals, and members of the public...at levels exceeding funding for Covenant University

In addition, some of these NGO's run thrift shops...which help with the funding.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by MichaelAustin(m): 8:09pm On Sep 21, 2014
before u rain insults on him ask tele companies y dia charges is so high in nigeria, ask all d multinational companies y dia products an services are so expensive in nigeria.
*Do u knw wat it costs 2 run a university?
*Do u knw hw much it costs 2 run a generator for 1 semester?
*Wat abt infrastructural maintenance/renewal?
*Personnel cost nko?
Cheapest universities in US/UK are from &15k and above hope u knw hw much dat is wen converted 2 naira
N500k is too cheap compared 2d above
if u must insult him pls be objective
be kfull of wat u say abt anointed servants of God 2 avoid calamity
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by sarutobie(m): 8:13pm On Sep 21, 2014
adconline:
Most poor folks constitute a large percentage of the congregation
why do you all assume most people in his congregation are poor? why do you all assume church goers are all poor that misconception is where people coined the words "church rat" which is so derogatory. can you give me a verified statistics of the "poor people" in his congregation?

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by Attorney1Lawz: 8:13pm On Sep 21, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Ah, those missionaries had(and still have) heavy sponsorship from outside the country. Many mission organizations get heavy funding from churches and rich Christians abroad....including some who are as rich as Dangote!

That's why they are able to help....and none of them set up a University(though many set up teacher training colleges, which were not free BTW and are not as extensive as universiites).

Also, back during the mission heyday, relatively fewer kids went to school. Not like now, where far more children go to school.

I guess, going back to universities, one way we could get around the funding issue is via loans and grants for students (That is how many students in the US afford school....problem is they pay back the loans for a long time).

Thank you ver much wise one. But you know our people - they transfer aggression of failed govt. to even those trying to salvage our instituions.

1. Govt funds failed airlines in billions of naira
2. Even Failed banks with billions of naira
3. Agricultural importation of fertilizer and rice that only the rich can access is still subsidized
4. BUT FOR EDUCATION, ASUU needs to do almost a year strike begging Oga Jona for 200Billion. What an height of irresponsibility!

Instead of us to ask even state governors what they doing- States like Lagos, Rivers be boasting of sufficient Internally generated revenue. It never tells us what it gives to education. Am not aware if any of the states including LAGOS invest billions into its educational structure.
Lets wait for 2015 and u see them talking rubbish about mutibillion road constuction, mutibillion primary healthcare centers - please ask them how about multibillion school constructions. Are states forbidden from operating effective STATE SCHOLARSHIP BOARDS/SCHEMES. The GOVERNORS FORUM in NIGERIA has never had education on its AGENDA since inception. What an indictment on the POLITICAL CLASS!

When we Nigerians ask these governors and politicians the right questions and not mere private initiative -taking individuals questions of relevance, then we can get the kind of quality education needed in our society.

THANKS !!!

3 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by Deepfreezer(m): 8:16pm On Sep 21, 2014
God is watching and will judge each and every one of us by our actions.
Oyedepo was ur Education expensive?
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 21, 2014
Deepfreezer: God is watching and will judge each and every one of us by our actions.
Oyedepo was ur Education expensive?

When Oyedepo went to school....there were far fewer people in school than there are now....thus it was easier for Govt to fund school(Oyedepo went to a Polytechnic....a govt run polytechnic).

Not now, where Govt runs far too many schools, and where private schools have to charge high fees due to high running costs.
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by ajidesola: 8:25pm On Sep 21, 2014
These is for d Educated illiterate,if u says education is expensive I'll implore u to try ignorance.
I discover dis recently dat part of those dat will make Hell fire is d poor(paupers), Reasons is for every poor man dey alwyz envy nd despise d rich man. It is wot I discover wit d poor nd u knw d bible go against despising ur neighbour. Y nt stop d sophomoric argument nd luk for sum tin beta.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 21, 2014
bushdoc9919:

How much profit did missionary schools make and why can he not sell all his private jets and use the money to subsidise education for the poor ?

The truth is that this man's interest is in money not people .

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by Attorney1Lawz: 8:29pm On Sep 21, 2014
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by Ijobaorun(m): 8:32pm On Sep 21, 2014
I think this issue does not call 4 any argument or whatever. Pray that God should bless u so as to enjoy d little you wil spend in life and b a blessing to others.
Learn to pursue ur own greatness rather dan gastigating those that are great already.
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by fireonmountain: 8:33pm On Sep 21, 2014
Free I give to you
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 21, 2014
frosbel:

How much profit did missionary schools make and why can he not sell all his private jets and use the money to subsidise education for the poor ?

Even if he sold his jets(which I personally think he should...he does not need them)....the problem is that funding a university takes a lot more money than one can realize from selling his jets.

For example....Norway's second largest university has an annual budget of $800m.

Oyedepo would have to get ten times the amount he has now to be able to be in a position to fund HIS students at his university.(Unless Govt steps in to take over and subsidizes costs)

That is the painful thing....universities cost a lot of money. That is why people like Oyedepo have to charge high fees. Most of the missionaries who came to Nigeria NEVER had to set up a university.(and many of them were heavily funded by churches and wealthy individuals...and even then many of them still struggled financially).

Maybe govt will have to step in with loans and grants.
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by adconline(m): 8:35pm On Sep 21, 2014
sarutobie:
why do you all assume most people in his congregation are poor? why do you all assume church goers are all poor that misconception is where people coined the words "church rat" which is so derogatory. can you give me a verified statistics of the "poor people" in his congregation?
Most folks in Naija are poor and therefore constitute a majority of congregation.. Check number of people riding bus vs number of people driving nice cars after church service. If 40% of Nigerians are rich, it means that 6 out of 10 congregants are poor. Minimum wage is 18k=216k/yr. how much can you make to save up to N500k/yr?
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by bizhub: 8:35pm On Sep 21, 2014
Legendary ...HBD boss of life
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by lormarx: 8:36pm On Sep 21, 2014
Endougs: President and founder of the Living Faith Church aka Winners Chapel Worldwide, Bishop David Oyedepo, has defended what many consider to be the exorbitant tuition fees charged by the church’s schools, describing the provision of quality education as an expensive venture.

Oyedepo defended the fees while addressing journalists on Friday in Ota, Ogun State, at a media chat organised as part of activities to celebrate his 60th birthday coming up on September 27, 2014.

Private schools, especially faith-based ones in the country, including Covenant and Landmark universities, owned by the church, are often criticised for being too expensive for average Nigerians to afford.

But the popular cleric highlighted some of the church’s humanitarian programmes which include providing scholarships and bursary awards to assist disadvantaged and brilliant students.

He said, “I’m sure we all agree that education is expensive. Education carries cost; nothing of value is free. Our mission for years long, before we started any university or secondary school, was a bursary awarding church and we have not stopped doing that till tomorrow”.

Oyedepo said that the church was committed to providing quality education to youths, adding that many Nigerians complain about the cost of education in private universities because they have got their priorities misplaced.

Our problem most of the time is priority; an average Nigerian can spend N1m on burial but to spend N200,000 on education (is a problem), because of wrong priority.

On a yearly basis, we have N1.5trn that Nigerians spend to overseas universities, so people thrive on it. Nigerians spend N463bn a month on recharge cards, how much are they paying for schools fees? So it’s all a matter of priority. This is the largest market for telephone in the world. Now, to pay N500,000, some people have only one son, they have huge business and houses all over the places, they will never pay it”.

Speaking further, Oyedepo, who seems to have developed thick skin to many controversial reports about him on the social media, revealed that it is a waste of time to respond to his critics.

He said, “My understanding of opposition, persecution is simply someone’s opinion harshly expressed. Everybody has a right to his opinion. Today, millions follow after Christ but you will be surprised that when you get to Israel some people do not believe that Christ has come.

“People have rights to their opinions. I naturally don’t feel it’s necessary (to respond). The energy I would need to react, I can use it to make moves. I have enough to think about than start running after a man who says you are a fool.

“If he says you are a fool and you are behaving so, then he’s right. If you leave your job and start pursuing somebody who says you are a fool, he has already said so, your going around doesn’t change it. So why going around, why don’t you settle on your job and make moves?

“I’ve also come to understand that those who make news hardly watch them, they are so busy making news while others are busy watching”.
Asked about the challenges he has faced in life and in his ministry, Oyedepo said he had never focused on his challenges but rather, has been fuelled by them.

He said, “Life essentially is full of challenges, it is those challenges that make champions. You can’t emerge a heavy weight boxing champion except you receive punches. You can’t change classes in school except you write exams.

“So to me, life is an adventure in challenges and I’ve said often that it is normal to be challenged but it’s unscriptural to be defeated. Challenges are the stepping stones for the making of champions”.

In 1981, at the age of 27, Oyedepo, who would later become a household name in Nigeria and beyond, started his ministry in Ilorin, Kwara State and sited his first church two years later in Kaduna State.

At the media chat, he said that the church, which had humble beginnings, is now located in 63 countries in the world and that the Faith Tabernacle, Ota, where he is the presiding Bishop, plays host to “over 200,000 worshippers every Sunday morning in four services”.

http://endougs..com/2014/09/oyedepo-defends-fees-charged-by-private.html
Bravo oyedepo,you don arrive
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by Attorney1Lawz: 8:43pm On Sep 21, 2014
frosbel:

How much profit did missionary schools make and why can he not sell all his private jets and use the money to subsidize education for the poor ?

And the proceeds from the private jets would eternally solve the problem of the poor having access to education. maybe we all should sell our luxuries too - the extra smartphone, extra ipads, extra cars, etc .
We find it convenient to instruct others contributing to do more whilst we sit down to do nothing.

You got a problem with his private jet or properties ask about the amount of hours we works in a day, the number of church networks under his establishment, the number of workers under his employment, amount and urgency of invitees and conferences they need to attend- then u would see why he need a " flight cancellation/flight delays" prone travel arrangement. His counterparts like Kenneth Copeland in the US have eve given out 27 private jets in the US alone to help with people who take ministry as a business of evangelism and not just singing to people about a glorious heaven that needs no impact on earth.

Just as a car could be luxury to a child, it isn't to a worker, so is a private jet to a hardworking Man of God.

THANKS!!!

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by bizhub: 8:57pm On Sep 21, 2014
People said that winners members are very poor..at thesame time the said thesame poor winners members built the otta church,convennat and landmark univ,and the private jets..I dnt really get it...Hw do you conclude that there is no schorlarship,bursary,welfare when you are not a member of the church...But u prefer to give the millions in schools in ghana,india,uk,china,canada,usa..than spending it in Nigerian soil...How come you know the networth of winners members worldwide when you are not even member..people get mindooooo....They are building more universities..I'm very sure..so go hug transformers the earlier the better for u #haters..ndi akpo

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 21, 2014
Attorney1Lawz:

And the proceeds from the private jets would eternally solve the problem of the poor having access to education. maybe we all should sell our luxuries too - the extra smartphone, extra ipads, extra cars, etc .
We find it convenient to instruct others contributing to do more whilst we sit down to do nothing.

You got a problem with his private jet or properties ask about the amount of hours we works in a day, the number of church networks under his establishment, the number of workers under his employment, amount and urgency of invitees and conferences they need to attend- then u would see why he need a " flight cancellation/flight delays" prone travel arrangement. His counterparts like Kenneth Copeland in the US have eve given out 27 private jets in the US alone to help with people who take ministry as a business of evangelism and not just singing to people about a glorious heaven that needs no impact on earth.

Just as a car could be luxury to a child, it isn't to a worker, so is a private jet to a hardworking Man of God.

THANKS!!!

Stop collecting money from the poor if they cannot share in the benefits of your investment. It's almost like paying your tax and being told you do not qualify for the benefits of what the tax is used for like good roads, affordable school fees etc.

Money collected from church members should be used to meet the needs of the less fortunate and not for the maintainance of your empire.

Disgusting hypocrites !!

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by raphy(m): 9:07pm On Sep 21, 2014
[quote author=bigtt76]Come on ....money spent on recharge card is a collective summation of more than 60 million phone users in the country. 1 million naira upwards spent on burial is not a yearly affair and usually is as a result of contribution to the bereaved from various sources.

One million as school fees comes from your pocket alone and not from other contributions sir! Is it easy to save 500k a year in this country? Take a look below

1. You spend money on fuel for your generator - No public power supply
2. You spend money on providing your household with potable drinking water
3. You spend money on filtering/treatment of borehole water
4. You spend money on maintaining the borehole ...yes the salty water affects the piping due to its salty nature
5. You pay your security guard monthly
6. You pay for neighborhood security
7. You fuel your car (black market or normal)
8. You spend money for household needs
9. You pay tithes in church + other church program tinz
10. You pay tax

I could

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Heritage Ajibola: OAU Student Dies After Falling Into Septic Tank In Her Hostel / JAMB Announces Date For 2019 Registration / 150 Courses Unaccredited In Nigerian Universities — FULL LIST

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.