Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Think You Are Tired Of Writing JAMB, Read This- Obasi Chinedu - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Think You Are Tired Of Writing JAMB, Read This- Obasi Chinedu (1464 Views)

Men Accused Of Writing Exams For Girlfriends-Daily Trust / If U Know Committed Exam. Malpractice In This Last Jamb, Read This! / Information From Jamb: Read The Guardian News Paper Last Week Thurday 13th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Think You Are Tired Of Writing JAMB, Read This- Obasi Chinedu by Edunews: 8:24pm On Sep 21, 2014
I believe no matter the amount of years spent to get a course you so much desire, in the end, it would all be worth it, and the whole world would share your story.

"Don Moen wanted to be a Gospel Artiste, His Father said he wanted him to study Medicine. Don Moen studied Medicine for 6 years, got his licence, took it to his father, and said, "Dad, you wanted a Medical Licence, and now you have it, its time for me to follow my dreams".

If you don't get what you want in Life, Nothing else would do.

Believe me, I am talking from experience, because I also have my own story.

• The Path Less Taken

Known as Obasi. D. C. Chinedu, I am A Student Of The College Of Medicine of A Nigerian University.

I sought Admission for Medicine For 5 Years. In those 5 years, I had 8 Admissions including Microbiology(OAU), Microbiology(UNN), Biochemistry, Biochemistry/Botany, Electronics Engineering, Statistics, etc. I wasn't interested in any of these courses, as I had my focus, passion and ambition, and the rule for me is quite simple.

"If its not what you want, Nothing else would do"- Obasi. D. C. Chinedu.

I left the University twice(Biochem/Bot, and MCB courses with G.P.A of 4.7 after 2 years) partly because I wasn't finding any of them interesting, and partly because I love some other programme, and my heart was not in the course.

I assist Nigerian students gain admission at various courses, whereas, I myself am finding it difficult in these aspect.

I Live by the princlple that, "If You don't stop trying, you haven't failed yet".

Today, am happily a student of Medicine and Surgery, in a Nigerian University, and my happiness knows no bounds as I can calmly settle down and study my Anatomy and Physiology Textbooks from India and prepare for my MB's, rather than stress my minds with some irrelevant Analytical Chemistry, Computer science and statistics courses.

To me, there are 3 kinds of Admission seekers, those who seek admission to a particular course, those who just seek University/Polytechnic/college admission, and those who just want to study, regardless of the institution.

My Advice for all admission seekers is that you continue in your pursuit for glory, and ensure that you get that PARTICULAR course that you want regardless of how long it takes. If you keep getting other courses, be in school and continue seeking admission for your dream programme.

Remember, 20 years from now, you would be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by those you did and failed, especially when you see your friends all enjoying their Jobs, and you are frustrated with a path you didn't choose, nor like, so get up from that bed, and go get a new JAMB form. It costs only N5,000 + 2 months of intensive reading, but might be the best decision you have ever made.

"Never Give Up, Keep The Faith, and See The Reality Of Your Visions"- Obasi. D. C. Chinedu // MBBS

UPDATED:
Most students find it difficult to believe the story, but motivational stories are meant to inspire you.

Major problem with Nigeria is that they always want proof!!

We don't believe things that happens to us as possible, and take the positives out of them.

For those who want to know his age, He is still 23.

Obasi. D. C. Chinedu got his first admission at the age of 17, in the year 2009 for Combined Biological Sciences(Biochemistry/Botany) after scoring 246 in JAMB, and 300 in the UNN 2009 post-UTME. He was issued the Reg No: 2009/168138 after clearance. You can login and verify that with the REG Number and password: unn by clicking here: http://portal.unn.edu.ng/st/ugLogin.asp

During that period, 2009-2011, he made a G.P.A of 4.7 with 14 A's and 4 B's in 18 courses!

He attempted to switch to Medicine during his second year in the course in the year 2011 at UNN, before the University's college of Medicine lost her accreditation for medicine due to over population.

Because of that, he sat for JAMB in the year 2011, believing UNN can't admit as a result of the incident, he applied for OAU, and scored 301 in JAMB and 232 at OAU'S 2011 post UTME, where he learnt that OAU's post-UTME was negative marking. According to him, learning from experience was a bitter way to learn. If only he has paid N500 and attended one of the OAU's post UTME that night before the August 13th 2011 post UTME date, same day the premier league began, with his favorite Arsenal playing against Newcastle, he would have been told the secret ahead and would have been admitted to OAU for medicine since 2011, but, notwithstanding, its an experience, and Obasi took it as ANOTHER LESSON LEARNT! After all said an done, he got admission for Microbiology at OAU, which he rejected, but rather stayed at home for another year, and tried again.

In the year 2012, he applied for admission at UNN for Medicine, but after scoring 250 at both the UTME and Post UTME, the University offered him admission for both Electronics Engineering(2nd List) and Microbiology(3rd List). At the end of that admission session, seeing he did not get medicine and surgery as he wanted, he decided to go in for the microbiology, while continue taking JAMB for medicine. He cleared, resumed 2 weeks to the examination in January, with reg No: 2012/186144. Also verify that on the UNN's portal. Also see for UNN 2012 2nd admission list and see his name on the Electronics Engineering List.

In 2013, he applied for JAMB again, after scoring 229 at Nigeria's worst ever marked PPT and 280 at UNN's post UTME 2013, he was offered admission for statistics. Verify that by seeking and downloading UNN's 2013 2nd/3rd admission list. He also rehected that.

In 2014, he also took JAMB again. After scoring 244 at the UTME and 330 at UNN's post-UTME screening, he finally made the UNN'S 1st merit admission list for Medicine, after 5 years of hard work, 2009-2014. Confim that by checking the UNN 2014 ADMISSION LIST and searching for Obasi Chinedu in Medicine, about the 46th Name on the List.

Like he mentioned before, his set(2009) are currently in their NYSC postings, while the 2012 sets would be approaching their finals.

REMEMBER, "Never Give Up, Keep The Faith, and See The Reality Of Your Visions"- Obasi. D. C. Chinedu // MBBS

2 Likes

Re: Think You Are Tired Of Writing JAMB, Read This- Obasi Chinedu by NelsonOjo(m): 10:34pm On Sep 21, 2014
Woooww....Thanks for the encouragement I will keep fighting for the BEST!!!
Re: Think You Are Tired Of Writing JAMB, Read This- Obasi Chinedu by Edunews: 11:35pm On Sep 21, 2014
NelsonOjo: Woooww....Thanks for the encouragement I will keep fighting for the BEST!!!

May your efforts be crowned with success!!

You never fail, as long as you don't stop trying!!
Re: Think You Are Tired Of Writing JAMB, Read This- Obasi Chinedu by tayade: 1:18am On Sep 22, 2014
Good piece of advice, buh why wait for JamB again when there's an A-Level program that guarantees admission for your dream course in any Nigerian University. Contact me on 08066630736 for details.
***Winners don't quit, Quitters never win
Re: Think You Are Tired Of Writing JAMB, Read This- Obasi Chinedu by Benjaminbest(m): 4:26am On Sep 22, 2014
check out dis thread
Re: Think You Are Tired Of Writing JAMB, Read This- Obasi Chinedu by Edunews: 9:54pm On Mar 23, 2021
Finally,

a journey that began in 2009 has come to an end as I finally graduated from Medicine after being admitted in 2014.

Now, the dream of becoming a doctor is realized!!

1 Like

Re: Think You Are Tired Of Writing JAMB, Read This- Obasi Chinedu by Osoboshi: 10:57am On Mar 24, 2021
obasi is now a doctor ohhhh,remember reading this thread before my jamb in 2015.Neva give up on your dreams.
pls what he said above is all true I know the e guy in person,even contested for UNEC S.U.G president in 2018.
Re: Think You Are Tired Of Writing JAMB, Read This- Obasi Chinedu by Osoboshi: 10:58am On Mar 24, 2021
obasi is now a doctor ohhhh,remember reading this thread before my jamb in 2015.Neva give up on your dreams.
pls what he said above is all true I know the guy in person,even contested for UNEC S.U.G president in 2018.
Re: Think You Are Tired Of Writing JAMB, Read This- Obasi Chinedu by HolySpiritFire(f): 12:36pm On Mar 24, 2021
Congrats.
Edu
news
:
Finally,

a journey that began in 2009 has come to an end as I finally graduated from Medicine after being admitted in 2014.

Now, the dream of becoming a doctor is realized!!

(1) (Reply)

I Need An Answer To This Riddle.. / Gst 123: Locate Nigeria In The Context Of A Social System / Unilorin Post UTME 2015/2016 Finally Out.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.