Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,496 members, 7,830,498 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

'Rare Customs' Wins Sheleads Africa Female ONLY Entrepreneur Competition - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 'Rare Customs' Wins Sheleads Africa Female ONLY Entrepreneur Competition (459 Views)

Omo Alata Foods Wins $10,000 At She Leads Africa Entrepreneur Competition / Photo: Poultry Products Seized By THE NIGERIA CUSTOMS SERVICES / Nigeria Customs And Dhl Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'Rare Customs' Wins Sheleads Africa Female ONLY Entrepreneur Competition by Kagawa: 11:46am On Sep 22, 2014
The competition had 10 finalists after over 300 entries were narrowed down. And on Saturday at the live event at Terra Kulture, Charae Robinson’s ‘Rare Customs‘ walked away with Sheleads Africa entrepreneur competition first prize of $10,000 followed by Nour Drissi’s ‘Louvre1 Voiture’ and Taffi Woolward’s ‘Thandos’ in 2nd place and 3rd place respectively in a battle.

Rare Customs creates development strategies, products, and brands that shape the future of travel to Africa. They operate at the intersection of tourism and development focusing on modernizing the tourism value chain, engaging travelers in innovative ways, and ensuring that the industry grows sustainably.

Rare Customs is rooted in the millenial generation, and believes that digital is a huge part of our culture and as such leverage on social media, mobile apps, youtube into everything they we do. Their work creates value-building visions, plans, and assets that showcase “aspirational Africa” while promoting and preserving cultural heritage. For Rare Customs, they are all about the evolution of today’s traveler.

I didn’t hear all the contestants pitch, but when I did hear Charae Robinson’s pitch, well organised and designed presentation, well delivered, audacious, I knew she got game. She has nearly a decade of experience in international organizations, she has traveled to over 30 countries 10 of them being in Africa. Ms Charae has been featured in Huffpo, Essence, The Guardian Uk and Fusion. She is also known as the ‘Keeper of the cool’ amongst her team.

On the other hand, I was able to meet over 6 of the contestants on Friday night at the cocktail party before the competition, speaking to them one by one, I also saw they all got what it takes to win. Amogst all, Nour Drissi and Jade Mann were open minded, they personally told me they were prepared for whatever happens.

See more: - http://thebusinessaim.com.ng/rare-customs-wins-sheleads-africa-female-entrepreneur-competition/

(1) (Reply)

Info On Poultry Bird Feed Production / Stop Buying Money Making Ebooks, Let's Help Ourselves / How FIRS Recovered N333m From Tax Defaulters In 2 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.