Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,609 members, 7,823,654 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Nora Roberts Or Daniele Steele? Who Is Better? R They Worth Reading? - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nora Roberts Or Daniele Steele? Who Is Better? R They Worth Reading? (14627 Views)

Novel Readers(nora Robert,dan Brown,daniel Steele,sydney Sheldon) / Danielle Steele Fan Club (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nora Roberts Or Daniele Steele? Who Is Better? R They Worth Reading? by chivaley(f): 8:15pm On Jun 27, 2012
The only Danielle Steele novel that I found remotely interesting was 'Message From Nam'. And I think the angel book I referred to earlier is actually titled 'Danny Angel'. The title sef tire me.
Re: Nora Roberts Or Daniele Steele? Who Is Better? R They Worth Reading? by Gloriagee(f): 10:15pm On Jun 27, 2012
Hmmm, Danny's Angelgringrin Message from Nam is not bad, but my fav is The Long road home...My least fav is Irrestible forces, not been able to devour it after 3years and I only read her books wen I'm bored.
Re: Nora Roberts Or Daniele Steele? Who Is Better? R They Worth Reading? by chivaley(f): 6:22pm On Jun 28, 2012
Its actually Johnny Angel. Very silly book IMO.
Re: Nora Roberts Or Daniele Steele? Who Is Better? R They Worth Reading? by Uniquexty(f): 9:42pm On Jun 30, 2012
Danielle is good. D only problem i have is dat her hero's nd heroeins fall in luv wit d most annoying characters. Check out Honour thyself, how could carole fall in luv with mathiaus? D story would have bin perfect if it was jason. I lyk ha sha
Re: Nora Roberts Or Daniele Steele? Who Is Better? R They Worth Reading? by BillyRubin: 10:28pm On Jul 05, 2012
I've read more Steele and only one Roberts. I'd pick Steele. I'm not sure she's always depressing though I've read just six of her works. I read one of her novellas about an old man and old woman who were inlaws and fell in love. Very funny story. But I like her kinda stories.

However, since both women do churn out books almost yearly, it's likely their stories would be recycled. The bane of American pop fiction.
Re: Nora Roberts Or Daniele Steele? Who Is Better? R They Worth Reading? by Nobody: 9:04am On May 07, 2013
To me,Nora roberts is over rate, danielle is okay with the way she twist her stories,Can't forget how fine things and zoya made me cry!
Re: Nora Roberts Or Daniele Steele? Who Is Better? R They Worth Reading? by Nobody: 10:58am On May 08, 2013
Danielle steele does it for me. In my opinion Nora Roberts idea of romance is too far fetched. I have over a hundred of her books on my system but i havent been able to read more than one yet i have read and re-read the John Grishams, Sydney Sheldon, John Saul,Danielle steele e.t.c

Besides i like emotional movies and books.
Re: Nora Roberts Or Daniele Steele? Who Is Better? R They Worth Reading? by luvmijeje(f): 10:18pm On May 08, 2013
In all honesty,I'm never going to read any of their books again.
Nora Roberts books are most times in trilogy,ghostful,supernatural and predictable.
While there is no time I read Danielle steele's book that I didn't shed tears and I'm fed up of it.
In my opinion Steele is better than Robert. She is more versatile and has more depth to her story.
Re: Nora Roberts Or Daniele Steele? Who Is Better? R They Worth Reading? by SlimAdenike(f): 10:21pm On Jun 26, 2015
Nora Roberts always
Re: Nora Roberts Or Daniele Steele? Who Is Better? R They Worth Reading? by Nobody: 8:16am On Jun 27, 2015
Danielle Steele for me all d ways.
sometimes scan through Nora Roberts books.
u can predict ow d book ends. D.s stole my heart away.
Re: Nora Roberts Or Daniele Steele? Who Is Better? R They Worth Reading? by SlimAdenike(f): 9:36am On Jun 27, 2015
titigold:
Danielle Steele for me all d ways.
sometimes scan through Nora Roberts books.
u can predict ow d book ends. D.s stole my heart away.
DS novels are always melodramatic,way too sorrowful.... Nora is a light writer who balance all genre of literature

1 Like

Re: Nora Roberts Or Daniele Steele? Who Is Better? R They Worth Reading? by Nobody: 10:58am On Jun 27, 2015
SlimAdenike:
DS novels are always melodramatic,way too sorrowful.... Nora is a light writer who balance all genre of literature

the theme,plot, lessons learnt, characters matter to me. Wen i read d.s novels i feel i can see it all live.
anyways different stroke for different pple.
the two are grt writers. Av most of der novels both in e-books and hardcopy.
Re: Nora Roberts Or Daniele Steele? Who Is Better? R They Worth Reading? by cadbury97: 10:56pm On Jun 28, 2015
Uniquexty:
Danielle is good. D only problem i have is dat her hero's nd heroeins fall in luv wit d most annoying characters. Check out Honour thyself, how could carole fall in luv with mathiaus? D story would have bin perfect if it was jason. I lyk ha sha

Sooo true, I was really disappointed cry
Uniquexty:

Sooo true, I was really disappointed
Re: Nora Roberts Or Daniele Steele? Who Is Better? R They Worth Reading? by cadbury97: 11:03pm On Jun 28, 2015
I've only read very few books by NR, nd they were 'good'. but after reading one titled *northern skies, I never picked up any of her books again. cuz it took me nearly a month to finish reading it, I didn't even complete it . total waste of time.
DS is good too, I loved most of what I've read, while some nearly bored me to death.
so I guess I prefer Danielle, just by a notch tho
Re: Nora Roberts Or Daniele Steele? Who Is Better? R They Worth Reading? by writywave(f): 9:39am On Jun 29, 2015
I respect both as good writers and authors. But i don't like their books. Maybe because I'm more of a devout YA reader that hates sappy romancescheesy
Re: Nora Roberts Or Daniele Steele? Who Is Better? R They Worth Reading? by Ownyii(f): 9:43am On Oct 23, 2015
NOra Robbbbeeeeeeerrrrrrrrttttttttssssss!!!!
Nora is simply the best! no arguements,u know the thing about nora Roberts books is u actually can learn a skill, per say, from her novels...l read ln the garden trilogy and am not a novice right now on how to deal with flowers...honest illusion tells me sth about magic,.Homeport, l learn about statues and bronzes...Montana sky. can tell u one or two things bout horses..to mention but a few. and oh!the suspence she creates!..Carolina moon,hot lce,private scandals etc...No doubt Danielle is quite good herself.. but u know the difference btw a novelist and a novelist.?..its RAW TALENT!..now thats what Nora's got!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie Celebrates Her Father, James Nwoye Adichie's 86th Birthday / Married Single - A Romance Story / Inferno By Dan Brown-his Worst Book Yet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.