Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,934 members, 7,866,536 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 07:28 PM

Nigeria: Jonathan's Ambition, A Threat To Igbo Presidency - Udenta O. Udenta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: Jonathan's Ambition, A Threat To Igbo Presidency - Udenta O. Udenta (2474 Views)

PDP Members Who Sabotaged Jonathan’s Ambition Will Be Exposed / Maku’s Guber Ambition ‘a Fraud’ – PDP / Akpabio Meets Obasanjo Over Jonathan’s Ambition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria: Jonathan's Ambition, A Threat To Igbo Presidency - Udenta O. Udenta by Orikinla(m): 7:45pm On Sep 22, 2014
By Stanley Nkwocha

As the pioneer National Secretary of the defunct Alliance for Democracy, AD, Udenta O. Udenta is an intellectual power house, whose disposition to national issues has won him recognition. He recently had a chat with journalists and joined in the raging debate over zoning, as he calls on President Goodluck Jonathan to respect the zoning principle of the Peoples Democratic Party PDP. He stresses that not doing so, will be a hindrance to a South-East presidency in the near future. Stanley Nkwocha was there. Excerpts:

[size=18pt]You just launched a campaign for an Igbo presidency come 2015. What is the drive?[/size]
Nigeria: Jonathan's Ambition, a Threat to Igbo Presidency - Udenta O. Udenta
Re: Nigeria: Jonathan's Ambition, A Threat To Igbo Presidency - Udenta O. Udenta by Orikinla(m): 7:49pm On Sep 22, 2014
S/EAST, S/SOUTH ALLIANCE: COUNT US OUT, SAY IGBO LEADERS

From FRANCIS AWOWOLE-BROWNE, Abuja
Monday, August 23, 2010

Prominent Igbo leaders under the aegis of the South-East Forum have dissociated themselves from a reported alliance forged between the South-East and the South-South geo-political zones on Dr. Goodluck Jonathan’s Presidential ambition in 2011. The merger was purportedly forged during a meeting held at the Abuja home of Ijaw leader, Chief Edwin Clark.

In a position paper signed by the group led by Chief Simon Okeke, former Chairman of the Police Service Commission (PSC), Dr. Ken Nnamani, Chief Jim Nwobodo, Senator Ben Obi, Sen Uche Chukwumerije, Dr. Sam Egwu and Dr. Udenta O. Udenta among others, the Igbo leaders denied ever attending such meeting and that at no time were they in agreement with any zone that a particular candiadte will be supported in the 2011 election.

Indeed, one of the partcipants at the meeting, Prof. Chinwe Obaji, former Minister of Education described the report of the alliance as untrue because the meeting only looked into ways of improving the relationship between the two zones and how to tackle any impediment to fostering good and smooth relationship.

She said moments after she gave the correct version of what transpired at the meeting, she had been receiving threat calls said; that “neither threats nor undue coercion will change my stand on the fact that the South-East deserve a shot at the presidency in 2015.” The leaders of the South-East Forum said on no account would the geo-political zone’s aspiration for the 2015 presidency be traded off and the report that those who met with Chief Clark to the effect that the Ndigbo had decided to work with the South-South for the emergence of President Jonathan as President in 2011 was a blantant lie.

Jolted by the report of the alliance in which their names were mentioned as participants in the meeting and signed a communiqué, the leaders of the forum, who met with Northern political leaders on August 10 in Abuja and signed an agreement to work towards the emergence of a non-Igbo President in 2011 and subsequently, the realization of an Igbo President of Nigeria in 2015, expressed dismay at the purported meeting with Chief Clark.

Reacting to the said alliance the Secretary of the South- East Forum, Chief Chyna Iwuanyanwu said, ‘’We wish to place on public record, that none of the above-named leaders of the South-East Forum attended the meeting. The South-East Forum was unaware of such a meeting and was not part of its deliberations and resolutions’’
He added that ‘’we totally dissociate ourselves from the communique issued at the said meeting,” while urging the public, particularly the Ndigbo, to disregard the reported alliance.

The group also assured the generality of Ndigbo that the South-East Forum was firmly committed to the resolutions reached at the meeting with Northern political leaders Forum on Tuesday, August 10, 2010, “that the two groups believe in zoning and rotation of power principle as the best safeguard for our democracy, peace, unity and national stability, “That the two groups will work staunchly for the realization of a Northern President in 2011, and that both groups will also work assiduously for the realization of an Igbo President in 2015.

Professor Obaji who was visibly angry at the report said “it was unfortunate that some of the positions we took did not go down well with notable leaders from the South-South who then telephoned me the next day threatening me.
She told Daily Sun that she attended the meeting having be permitted by the Forum leaders and that she made her point known that the regions leaders should from to time dialogue “especially on frosty issues that tend to didvide us and make attempt to find solutions to these issues.

“I told the meeting that any discussion which does not address the genuine concerns and aspirations of the South-East zone may only be one-sided and could be shortlived. “It will be most unfair to me for anyone to invite me to a meeting of this nature and expect me not to represent the interest of the South-East zone as I know them, such an act could be tantamount to a silent betrayal of my people.

[size=18pt]“Neither threat nor undue coercuion will change my stand on the fact that the South East deserve a shot at the presidency come 2015. This position is just equitable, fair and irrevocable and the kind of threat I ahve received is totally ill-motivated and counter prioductive.” Others who had disclaimed the purported alliance, included Hon. Dubem Onyia, Dr. Ezekiel Izugwu, Dr. Achike Udenwa, Prof. ABC Nwosu, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo, sen. Fidelis okoro, Chief Ken Emechebe etc.[/size]

http://www.nigerianbestforum.com/blog/seast-ssouth-alliance-count-us-out-say-igbo-leaders/
Re: Nigeria: Jonathan's Ambition, A Threat To Igbo Presidency - Udenta O. Udenta by brownlords: 7:51pm On Sep 22, 2014
Lol. Confused lot
Re: Nigeria: Jonathan's Ambition, A Threat To Igbo Presidency - Udenta O. Udenta by Nobody: 7:53pm On Sep 22, 2014
There is no Igbo Presidency

The Igbo agenda and aspiration has a wider scope than just producing a President or just a promised timetable on when a President of Igbo extraction will emerge!

GEJ till 2019!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Jonathan's Ambition, A Threat To Igbo Presidency - Udenta O. Udenta by Orikinla(m): 7:56pm On Sep 22, 2014
brownlords: Lol. Confused lot

The same Dr. Udenta O. Udenta is now currently the director of public communications and strategy, Transformation Ambassadors of Nigeria (TAN) campaigning for President Goodluck Jonathan for the 2015 presidential election.

I want to show the world how he truly is.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Jonathan's Ambition, A Threat To Igbo Presidency - Udenta O. Udenta by Orunto: 8:05pm On Sep 22, 2014
Igbo is going again The Ironsi-way, being hoist by their own petals.
Re: Nigeria: Jonathan's Ambition, A Threat To Igbo Presidency - Udenta O. Udenta by Orikinla(m): 8:47pm On Sep 22, 2014
Orunto: Igbo is going again The Ironsi-way, being hoist by their own petals.

If only the Igbos will stop selling themselves cheap for filthy lucre and believe in themselves and refuse to be used as the political gambit of the ruling party.
Always used and dumped in the end.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Jonathan's Ambition, A Threat To Igbo Presidency - Udenta O. Udenta by Orikinla(m): 9:18pm On Sep 22, 2014
When will the Igbos stop selling themselves cheap for filthy lucre and believe in themselves and refuse to be used as the political gambit of the ruling party?

What happened to the much celebrated Igbo dignity, integrity and nobility?

Have Igbos forgotten that they are the oldest kingdom in Nigeria?
http://www.nrikingdom.com/

IGBO KWENUUUU!!!

Re: Nigeria: Jonathan's Ambition, A Threat To Igbo Presidency - Udenta O. Udenta by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 22, 2014
GEJ till 2019

Orikinla if APC choose anyone from South East as APC Presidential candidate in 2015 then come back and talk!

We heard this tricks before!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Jonathan's Ambition, A Threat To Igbo Presidency - Udenta O. Udenta by emmasege: 10:52pm On Sep 22, 2014
I really pity the igbo nation because it seems GEJ is currently using their slot and it may take another 24 years again b4 the S/east gets another chance. The case of s/south and s/east may just be like the n/west overshadowing the n/east and n/central zones.
This is where Igbos can come to their own rescue and the nation's by giving the APC a condition for supporting them in 2015 general elections i.e. giving a formidable candidate from the s/east the presidential ticket. It seems that's the only option available ooo. Half word is enough......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: Jonathan's Ambition, A Threat To Igbo Presidency - Udenta O. Udenta by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 4:50am On Sep 23, 2014
Orikinla: If only the Igbos will stop selling themselves cheap for filthy lucre and believe in themselves and refuse to be used as the political gambit of the ruling party. Always used and dumped in the end.

I enjoyed the write up which you dug out from whatever place but the above assertion is quite insulting to the Igbo nation. Yorubas voted massively for GEJ in 2011 but today, they felt GEJ abandoned them and their interests. Should one assume GEJ used and dumped Yorubas?
Who is using Obanikoro and Fasheun to cause political confusion in the South West? Is it not the ruling party?

How will APC gain the trust of Igbos when their e-warriors derive fun attacking/insulting prominent Igbos?
I'm sorry. Divide and rule tactics won't work on them.
Your propaganda is dead on arrival!

GEJ till 201......

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Jonathan's Ambition, A Threat To Igbo Presidency - Udenta O. Udenta by focus7: 5:08am On Sep 23, 2014
U seems to be d only igbo on earth with vision for presidency, all other igbo race believes Jonathan than a slot for an igbo. On this note u might be on ur own.
Re: Nigeria: Jonathan's Ambition, A Threat To Igbo Presidency - Udenta O. Udenta by jdilight(m): 9:54am On Sep 23, 2014
Orikinla: When will the Igbos stop selling themselves cheap for filthy lucre and believe in themselves and refuse to be used as the political gambit of the ruling party?

IGBO KWENUUUU!!!

Any time a man runs faster than his time he loses all the has gathered till then. Before you have take delivery of anything physical, it has been given to you spiritually. That apart, can you tell me 3 Igbos that can contest the position of the presidency and win the heart of 1/5 of both the hausas and yerubas?
Re: Nigeria: Jonathan's Ambition, A Threat To Igbo Presidency - Udenta O. Udenta by Orikinla(m): 2:07pm On Sep 23, 2014
emmasege: I really pity the igbo nation because it seems GEJ is currently using their slot and it may take another 24 years again b4 the S/east gets another chance. The case of s/south and s/east may just be like the n/west overshadowing the n/east and n/central zones.
This is where Igbos can come to their own rescue and the nation's by giving the APC a condition for supporting them in 2015 general elections i.e. giving a formidable candidate from the s/east the presidential ticket. It seems that's the only option available ooo. Half word is enough......

GEJ told them that he is also Igbo.
So, they fell for his political gimmick.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Jonathan's Ambition, A Threat To Igbo Presidency - Udenta O. Udenta by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 23, 2014
NIGERIALOLoCOM:

I enjoyed write up which you dug out from whatever place but the above assertion is quite insulting to the Igbo nation. Yorubas voted massively for GEJ in 2011 but today, they felt GEJ abandoned them and their interests. Should one assume GEJ used and dumped Yorubas?
Who is using Obanikoro and Fasheun to cause political confusion in the South West? Is it not the ruling party?

How will APC gain the trust of Igbos when their e-warriors derive fun attacking/insulting prominent Igbos?

GEJ till 201......

Not just prominent Igbos but the igbo collective. What sane person would vote based on how much he is insulted?
Re: Nigeria: Jonathan's Ambition, A Threat To Igbo Presidency - Udenta O. Udenta by Ramnon2: 2:14pm On Sep 23, 2014
Udenta should go and sit down somewhere. Every Igbo should suport Jonathan to complete his tenure. There is no vacancy in Aso Rock until 2019. After Jonathan it could go back to the North (a decent northerner, not APC Boko Haram northerner) or to the Igbos. There is no hurry to the presidency as Nigeria is here to stay. And if by the very unlikely chance that Nigeria divides, then Igbos can rule themselves.

The question is what has the presidency benefited the people from where the president comes? Igbos should not allow few Yoruba-Igbos brainwashed into beating the Yoruba drum to bamboozle them into unnecessary hurry to Aso Rock. At the right time, the right Igbo man shall lead Nigeria to its predestined place.

oops!!! This is state news, 4 years old.
Re: Nigeria: Jonathan's Ambition, A Threat To Igbo Presidency - Udenta O. Udenta by Nobody: 2:14pm On Sep 23, 2014
For Igbos, choosing between APC or PDP/Jonathan is like being wedged between the devil and the deep blue sea.

Only that some Igbos know how to swim and will rather risk traversing the ocean depths, if you can catch my drift.
Re: Nigeria: Jonathan's Ambition, A Threat To Igbo Presidency - Udenta O. Udenta by Ikengawo: 3:19pm On Sep 23, 2014
There's nothing wrong with Igbos supporting GEJ.
Let it be known that after him it's us, and anyone talking about slots or anything else is a fool. After SS then it's South East.
Re: Nigeria: Jonathan's Ambition, A Threat To Igbo Presidency - Udenta O. Udenta by T8ksy(m): 3:28pm On Sep 23, 2014
^^^^^^^ Politics they say, is a game of numbers! who (in nigeria) will vote for the "us" except, of course, the "us"?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Jonathan's Ambition, A Threat To Igbo Presidency - Udenta O. Udenta by Orikinla(m): 3:57pm On Sep 23, 2014
jdilight:

Any time a man runs faster than his time he loses all the has gathered till then. Before you have take delivery of anything physical, it has been given to you spiritually. That apart, can you tell me 3 Igbos that can contest the position of the presidency and win the heart of 1/5 of both the hausas and yerubas?

We have great Igbo leaders who are not the noisemakers on the prowl from Umuahia to Abuja.
Re: Nigeria: Jonathan's Ambition, A Threat To Igbo Presidency - Udenta O. Udenta by size38: 5:46pm On Sep 23, 2014
Even if am not a fan of GEJ and his PDP. But having come from the same region, it has now entered Nigerian political history books that someone from Niger Delta has been at the helm of affairs of this country. So that one concern the Igbos. Whether they smell that post or not. Its their business.
Re: Nigeria: Jonathan's Ambition, A Threat To Igbo Presidency - Udenta O. Udenta by Orikinla(m): 9:38am On Sep 24, 2014
NIGERIALOLoCOM:

I enjoyed the write up which you dug out from whatever place but the above assertion is quite insulting to the Igbo nation. Yorubas voted massively for GEJ in 2011 but today, they felt GEJ abandoned them and their interests. Should one assume GEJ used and dumped Yorubas?

GEJ till 201......
GEJ till 2015.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Jonathan's Ambition, A Threat To Igbo Presidency - Udenta O. Udenta by jdilight(m): 9:48am On Sep 24, 2014
Orikinla:

We have great Igbo leaders who are not the noisemakers on the prowl from Umuahia to Abuja.

My question is who in Igbo land has the political influence to get 1/5 of other tribes vote. You see most things are not as real as there appear. Those whom you are looking up to may not even be able to get enough vote from their people. T make matter worst, they may not be known beyond the circle of profession they belong.

We need people who has name and influence. At the moment, the Igbos don't have one. Forget the noise making.

Lastly, the Igbos don't have the financial muscles to prosecute a presidential election.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Jonathan's Ambition, A Threat To Igbo Presidency - Udenta O. Udenta by Orikinla(m): 5:54pm On Sep 24, 2014
jdilight:

My question is who in Igbo land has the political influence to get 1/5 of other tribes vote. You see most things are not as real as there appear. Those whom you are looking up to may not even be able to get enough vote from their people. T make matter worst, they may not be known beyond the circle of profession they belong.

We need people who has name and influence. At the moment, the Igbos don't have one. Forget the noise making.

Lastly, the Igbos don't have the financial muscles to prosecute a presidential election.

Oby Ezekwesili Named Among Top 5 Igbo Leaders Who Can Become President of Nigeria
http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/news/138149/1/oby-ezekwesili-named-among-top-5-igbo-leaders-who-.html
Re: Nigeria: Jonathan's Ambition, A Threat To Igbo Presidency - Udenta O. Udenta by jdilight(m): 6:14pm On Sep 24, 2014
Orikinla:

Oby Ezekwesili Named Among Top 5 Igbo Leaders Who Can Become President of Nigeria
http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/news/138149/1/oby-ezekwesili-named-among-top-5-igbo-leaders-who-.html

I only saw Oby's name. I didn't see the rest. Note: the assessment was not made by the masses. In Nigeria, until you are in a winning party, don't waste your money. People out side a system see things differently from those in the system. The Igbos for now do not have both the goodwill of the other tribes and the money to buy them.
Re: Nigeria: Jonathan's Ambition, A Threat To Igbo Presidency - Udenta O. Udenta by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 2:25pm On Sep 25, 2014
Orikinla:
GEJ till 2015.
grin I'm yet to see the APC presidential aspirant that will floor GEJ. Definitely not Atiku, who PDP propagandists are clothing with a robe of corruption. GEJ will likely win next year presidential poll.
Re: Nigeria: Jonathan's Ambition, A Threat To Igbo Presidency - Udenta O. Udenta by omoharry(f): 2:39pm On Sep 25, 2014
Ikengawo: There's nothing wrong with Igbos supporting GEJ.
Let it be known that after him it's us, and anyone talking about slots or anything else is a fool. After SS then it's South East.
Abi? not all this north north north born to rule we keep hearing about. let the next slot be for the IBOS( south east) . I am sure if the Ibos pull their weight behind Jonathan ans I very sure that the south south would do the same when their time come. though the north might come with their divide and rule to confuse the electorate.
Re: Nigeria: Jonathan's Ambition, A Threat To Igbo Presidency - Udenta O. Udenta by Ngwakwe: 2:57pm On Sep 25, 2014
Why do nonentities lament about people who are better than them in all ramifications?

Wise ones (politicians, activists and social critics) mind their interests and go about achieving them through appeal but foolish ones tend to blackmail and revisionism to their total rejection and lost.

Try being wise, it pays to extricate oneself from megalomania
Re: Nigeria: Jonathan's Ambition, A Threat To Igbo Presidency - Udenta O. Udenta by Ikengawo: 3:58pm On Sep 25, 2014
omoharry:
Abi? not all this north north north born to rule we keep hearing about. let the next slot be for the IBOS( south east) . I am sure if the Ibos pull their weight behind Jonathan ans I very sure that the south south would do the same when their time come. though the north might come with their divide and rule to confuse the electorate.

the south south is simply not reliable. They don't like each other, and their support for GEJ is more tribal than regional. Igbos like GEJ because they like GEJ. It's hard for APC to believe but GEJ has given them a semblance of federal presence that other presidents haven't, and they feel he's being persecuted the way any successful igbo at the federal level will be persecuted so they can relate. The Ijaw support him as does the whole SS, but there's really no such a thing as the SS, and when it comes time to supporting Igbos many tribes there won't look at Igbos supporting GEJ as a favor because GEJ is only Ijaw.
Re: Nigeria: Jonathan's Ambition, A Threat To Igbo Presidency - Udenta O. Udenta by Ikengawo: 4:00pm On Sep 25, 2014
jdilight:

in 2007 if someone said the name Goodluck Jonathan would you know who it is?

How about Yar Adua in 2004

Was Obasanjo not made president fresh out of prison?

Why is it that when it comes to Igbos everyone want's to start thinking overtly critically, while every other tribe's affairs are allowed to be. What political influence has any of our presidents had before becoming president? Was Balewa not a school teacher? How about Shagari who was also a teacher?
Re: Nigeria: Jonathan's Ambition, A Threat To Igbo Presidency - Udenta O. Udenta by jdilight(m): 4:08pm On Sep 25, 2014
Ikengawo:

in 2007 if someone said the name Goodluck Jonathan would you know who it is?

How about Yar Adua in 2004

Was Obasanjo not made president fresh out of prison?

Why is it that when it comes to Igbos everyone want's to start thinking overtly critically, while every other tribe's affairs are allowed to be. What political influence has any of our presidents had before becoming president? Was Balewa not a school teacher? How about Shagari who was also a teacher?

The incumbent has not finish his term so he can not pick any. Am an Igbo but am not unrealistic nor emotional about things.
Re: Nigeria: Jonathan's Ambition, A Threat To Igbo Presidency - Udenta O. Udenta by arresa: 4:49pm On Sep 25, 2014
Orikinla: When will the Igbos stop selling themselves cheap for filthy lucre and believe in themselves and refuse to be used as the political gambit of the ruling party?

IGBO KWENUUUU!!!

Zik like many African rulers had a major character and integrity problem. At the root was his self-concept or self definition(the way one sees oneself). He saw himself in his own words as a "Beautiful Bride" for the highest bidder as well as indispensable. The former executive president of Nigeria, Alhaji Shehu Shagari, a mild mannered man captured it well when he told Zik during the 1979 election campaign: "when you switch husbands one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight times, you are no longer a beautiful bride but a harlot." Zik was a weather vane-go where the favorable wind blows

It's a syndrome and way of life....

(1) (2) (Reply)

REVEALED: How I Made My Money, Fathered 30 Children - Atiku / Those Saying Buhari Is Too Old, Does Good Leadership Define By Age? / Photos: GEJ And FFK Crying While Obj Is Laughing At Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.