Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

What Site Have You Designed Best? - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Site Have You Designed Best? (3348 Views)

What Site Can I Build For The Domain Www.boostdollar.com / What!!!!,my Site Have Be Suspended / Drop Any Site You Designed, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Site Have You Designed Best? by rufaai(m): 1:17am On Sep 15, 2007
@ webemarland

Great site, I really like it. Its nice!

@ niyyie

Got all the best, Hot! I like all

@ deb

Hmm, not bad with www.astrosoccer.com - Quite HOT!
Re: What Site Have You Designed Best? by my2cents(m): 10:03am On Sep 15, 2007
Imagine me as a customer for a sec please:

Hmm, I just netted $10million for the year 2007 and am looking at improving my relationship with customers as my #1 priority for 2008. I know that from the feedback form on my website, the #1 complaint was that my website didn't look nice and information was hard to find. To correct this, I am willing to splash $1million dollars for a better one. I hear that Nairaland is a good place to go for webmasters.

Ok (clicks on various threads, then is about to start a "webmaster wanted" thread when he spots, "What Site Have You Designed Best?" thread). This is interesting, let me see who is worthy of that honor. I kind of like most of the sites, however, the following usernames seem to catch my eye at random - smartsoft and niyyie. Why? I don't really know. I just like those names. Let me check out their sites. I will check http://www.mjsa.net and http://www.smartsoft-ng.com .

What!! The sites are no longer running? Sure, the sites could have been there last week but they aren't here now and that's all that matters. Oh well, I was willing to pay smartsoft and niyyie $500K for a collab on my new site but they just lost my business. Let me find another webmaster.

Folks, this scenario, though fictional, could very well be a true one. I know we post millions of threads here and as such things are hard to keep track of. Having said that, try and check your threads at random and delete sites that no longer exist. You never know who might be out their looking for whom to give work. If the "Server not found" is consistent, as a prospective client, I wouldn't trust the webmaster ever again. And don't forget, Nigeria (I know, niyyie is in Ghana but that's not the point) already has a 419 perceived problem.

I am also guilty of the above but to an extent. Every now and then, I search for posts that have dead URLs so that I can delete such URLs. To me, it's okay if this were a "site review" post. "Site designed best" post? Totally different matter. Your best designed site should be your crown jewel. To me, it's akin to saying you have a best child in terms of behavior, who, just when you got to the child's room to show off to your friend, you find out the child is taking drugs.

I hope this helps.

I hope this helps.
Re: What Site Have You Designed Best? by otoidea(m): 1:04pm On Sep 16, 2007
id thnk my best site is www.stormnigeria.com my favourite part is the music.stormnigeria.com,

another site i thnk wud be off the hook wen im tru animating it iz www.otoide.com (my personal) , if i can successfully put in flash xactly wat iv pictured in ma head, its gon be rili cool , watch out grin
Re: What Site Have You Designed Best? by castrolng: 3:05pm On Sep 24, 2007
Re: What Site Have You Designed Best? by nduaj(m): 6:39am On Sep 26, 2007
I ve been looking through this tread and about 70% of the pages i ve opened so far ar unavailable!!!!
why would someone put a site here (His supposed best website) and it would read unavailable

Na wa o, wondrs shall never end
Re: What Site Have You Designed Best? by juintade(m): 2:35pm On Sep 26, 2007
Hi,

Just finished and deployed this today. Let me know what you guys think.

http://www.iamf.org.uk/index.html

@ the moment, its only the index page that has not passed the XHTML validation test, but I am hoping to make it validates soon.
Re: What Site Have You Designed Best? by Kobojunkie: 2:37pm On Sep 26, 2007
nduaj:

I ve been looking through this tread and about 70% of the pages i ve opened so far ar unavailable!!!!
why would someone put a site here (His supposed best website) and it would read unavailable

Na wa o, wondrs shall never end

LOL,  I was going to ask if it is some security thing that does not allow people in other locations to view the sites cause most all of them seem to be down ,  cheesy

By the way ,  I would say that 90% of the ones I actually saw did not entice me in any way.  grin,  I am not even a designer  but I like to critic designs. Now I did like that Xdavis site,  looked neat, simple and to the point.

NOw @Juintade, that site works for me and the design is not only simple, it is clean, the links works, I give you two thumbs up!!!

Kobojunkie
Re: What Site Have You Designed Best? by juintade(m): 2:48pm On Sep 26, 2007
@Kobojunkie

Thanks for your complement. The first one I deployed was pretty bad, hence I had to redesign it, especially now that the software we are trying to sell is beginning to generate a lot of interest.

I also used to think that was it becuase I am based outside Nigeria that I could not access most of the link posted on this site.

Hoping my next website would be CSS based as I am about to start learning how to move away from tabled style webpages

Kobojunkie:

LOL, I was going to ask if it is some security thing that does not allow people in other locations to view the sites cause most all of them seem to be down , cheesy

By the way , I would say that 90% of the ones I actually saw did not entice me in any way. grin, I am not even a designer but I like to critic designs. Now I did like that Xdavis site, looked neat, simple and to the point.

NOw @Juintade, that site works for me and the design is not only simple, it is clean, the links works, I give you two thumbs up!!!

Kobojunkie
Re: What Site Have You Designed Best? by otoidea(m): 11:09pm On Sep 26, 2007
90%?? shocked
Re: What Site Have You Designed Best? by Kobojunkie: 11:20pm On Sep 26, 2007
yeah , I mean it too, it is not enough to get a template and then plaster it on your site and then think that makes your website as good as the template. YOu have to make it your own, use fonts and other colors and styles that blend into the background while sending the message that you need conveyed. I am sorry but I still say this, some people are design challenged and happens that some are in the web design business. I happen to know and accept that design is not my forte, so I tend to stay away from anything that would require me to do such but please, let us be honest with self PEOPLE, LOL

Kobojunkie
Re: What Site Have You Designed Best? by otoidea(m): 11:27pm On Sep 26, 2007
nna pple don dey try sha,
Re: What Site Have You Designed Best? by Kobojunkie: 11:41pm On Sep 26, 2007
I never said they do not try, I am just saying that when you put it out there expect us CRITICS to jump to it ,

Kobojunkie grin
Re: What Site Have You Designed Best? by SokotoCaliphate: 12:02pm On Aug 08, 2018
rufaai:
Oh!

I am now into Sokoto-Caliphate website project,

Sokoto Caliphate owns the following domains

Sokoto-Caliphate.COM
*.NET
*.ORG
*.INFO

I designed that of .NET, .ORG and .INFO check http://www.sokotocaliphate.net am still working on the main site,

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Make Money From Opera Mini News / Great New Site For Young Nigerians Www.ovaloaded.com / Reliable Web Hosting In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.