Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

Are There Any Religious Implications Of Tattoos? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are There Any Religious Implications Of Tattoos? (987 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About Tattoos / Body Piercings? / The Bible Forbids Tattoos / Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There Any Religious Implications Of Tattoos? by Emperorking20(m): 1:53pm On Sep 23, 2014
Hey pals! Are there any religious and social implications of tats? A small, moderate and neat looking one, not the bizarre ones you see out there..
Btw I'm Christian... Honest Opinions pls!!!
Re: Are There Any Religious Implications Of Tattoos? by peteregwu(m): 3:30pm On Sep 23, 2014
Emperorking20: Hey pals! Are there any religious and social implications of tats? A small, moderate and neat looking one, not the bizarre ones you see out there..
Btw I'm Christian... Honest Opinions pls!!!

Leviticus 19:28 Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

1 Corinthians 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 1 Corinthians 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are. 1 Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

Revelation 13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

If you print tattoo on your body, or anyone involved in it will be cast into hell fire on the last day. But of he or she repent and be sorry and never to be involved in it,he shall be forgiven know before it is too late.
Re: Are There Any Religious Implications Of Tattoos? by alentyno: 3:36pm On Sep 23, 2014
Yes peter said it all
Re: Are There Any Religious Implications Of Tattoos? by Sheenor: 3:55pm On Sep 23, 2014
This is a question many Christians struggle with. I believe tattooing falls into the category of " disputable matters" where the Bible is not clear. But wait a minute, you might be thinking.
The Bible says in Leviticus 19:28, "Do not cut your bodies for the dead, and do not mark your skin with tattoos. I am the Lord." (NLT) How much clearer can that be? hmmm....

It's important, however, to look at the verse in context. This passage in Leviticus, including the surrounding text, is specifically dealing with the pagan religious rituals of the people living around the Israelites. God’s desire is to set his people apart from other cultures. The focus here is prohibiting
worldly, heathen worship and witchcraft. God forbids his holy people to engage in idolatrous, pagan worship and sorcery which imitates the heathens. He does this out of protection, because he knows this will lead them away from the one true
God.

It's interesting to observe verse 26, "Do not eat meat that has not been drained of its blood," and verse 27, "Do not trim off the hair on your temples or trim your beards." Well, certainly many
Christians today eat non-kosher meats and get haircuts without participating in the forbidden worship of pagans. Back then these customs were associated with pagan rites and rituals. Today they are not. So, the important question remains, is getting a tattoo a form of pagan, worldly worship still forbidden by God today? My answer is, this matter is disputable, and should be treated as a
Romans 14 issue. If you are considering the question, "To tattoo or not to?" i think the more serious questions to ask yourself are: What are
my motives for wanting a tattoo? Am I seeking to glorify God or draw attention to myself? Will my tattoo be a source of contention for my loved ones? Will getting a tattoo cause me to disobey my parents? Will my tattoo cause someone who is weak
in the faith to stumble?
Re: Are There Any Religious Implications Of Tattoos? by peteregwu(m): 7:41pm On Sep 23, 2014
Sheenor: This is a question many Christians struggle with. I believe tattooing falls into the category of " disputable matters" where the Bible is not clear. But wait a minute, you might be thinking.
The Bible says in Leviticus 19:28, "Do not cut your bodies for the dead, and do not mark your skin with tattoos. I am the Lord." (NLT) How much clearer can that be? hmmm....

It's important, however, to look at the verse in context. This passage in Leviticus, including the surrounding text, is specifically dealing with the pagan religious rituals of the people living around the Israelites. God’s desire is to set his people apart from other cultures. The focus here is prohibiting
worldly, heathen worship and witchcraft. God forbids his holy people to engage in idolatrous, pagan worship and sorcery which imitates the heathens. He does this out of protection, because he knows this will lead them away from the one true
God.

It's interesting to observe verse 26, "Do not eat meat that has not been drained of its blood," and verse 27, "Do not trim off the hair on your temples or trim your beards." Well, certainly many
Christians today eat non-kosher meats and get haircuts without participating in the forbidden worship of pagans. Back then these customs were associated with pagan rites and rituals. Today they are not. So, the important question remains, is getting a tattoo a form of pagan, worldly worship still forbidden by God today? My answer is, this matter is disputable, and should be treated as a
Romans 14 issue. If you are considering the question, "To tattoo or not to?" i think the more serious questions to ask yourself are: What are
my motives for wanting a tattoo? Am I seeking to glorify God or draw attention to myself? Will my tattoo be a source of contention for my loved ones? Will getting a tattoo cause me to disobey my parents? Will my tattoo cause someone who is weak
in the faith to stumble?

if you like put tattoo on your skin and justify your actions whichever means. all I know and the bible says is that "he that destroy the temple(body), him shall the Lord destroy."

why did the bible warns us not to receive the mark of the beast. that is your business. if you remain in your stubbornness and die in it, your soul will end up on hell fire forever.
Re: Are There Any Religious Implications Of Tattoos? by Emyben(m): 2:43pm On Nov 16, 2014
peteregwu:

if you like put tattoo on your skin and justify your actions whichever means. all I know and the bible says is that "he that destroy the temple(body), him shall the Lord destroy."

why did the bible warns us not to receive the mark of the beast. that is your business. if you remain in your stubbornness and die in it, your soul will end up on hell fire forever.
Stop being funny and over zealous with ya words.
Re: Are There Any Religious Implications Of Tattoos? by peteregwu(m): 9:55pm On Nov 26, 2014
Emyben:

Stop being funny and over zealous with ya words.

What! You call it my word? No my friend, it is the word of the Almighty God. If you reject and make light of it, the same word will stand against you on the last day or after death.

Leviticus 19:28 Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

That word of his commandment will judge everyone that love and put on tattoo on the last day.

John 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

(1) (Reply)

The Eight Dispensation Of Man-preface Of My New Book / After Murdering Christians ISIS Fighter Has Vision Of Jesus / 6 Modern-day Christian Terrorist Groups Our Media Conveniently Ignores

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.