Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,044 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

I'd Love You Feedback On An App I've Created - Software/Programmer Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Software/Programmer Market / I'd Love You Feedback On An App I've Created (598 Views)

I Need An App Developer In Lagos / Need A Partner, That Has Created A Sch Mgt System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'd Love You Feedback On An App I've Created by lo2324: 1:59pm On Sep 23, 2014
It's a 'missed connections' concept - you see/meet someone you like but didn't exchange details. On Crush Feed you write a post describing your crush and where you met/saw them. Alerts are sent out to every user who matches your crush's description. In turn, you'll also get alerts when someone writes a post that sounds like you! Feedback is welcome smiley Get it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.crushfeedapp

Re: I'd Love You Feedback On An App I've Created by 1one: 2:04pm On Sep 23, 2014
lo2324: It's a 'missed connections' concept - you see/meet someone you like but didn't exchange details. On Crush Feed you write a post describing your crush and where you met/saw them. Alerts are sent out to every user who matches your crush's description. In turn, you'll also get alerts when someone writes a post that sounds like you! Feedback is welcome smiley Get it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.crushfeedapp

In essence, it's not really particularly useful for people without (missing) crushes?
Re: I'd Love You Feedback On An App I've Created by lo2324: 2:11pm On Sep 23, 2014
1one:
In essence, it's not really particularly useful for people without (missing) crushes?

Not necessarily. Yes missed connections is the primary idea, however look at it like this: If you receive an alert and you realise the message is not about you... you're still most likely the poster's type based on the fact that they fancy someone who looks like you. You can always start chatting and see whether you guys have a connection anyway. It's also quite entertaining reading other people's posts on the wall smiley
Re: I'd Love You Feedback On An App I've Created by iceberylin(m): 2:23pm On Sep 23, 2014
Whats the size undecided
Re: I'd Love You Feedback On An App I've Created by 1one: 2:33pm On Sep 23, 2014
lo2324:

Not necessarily. Yes missed connections is the primary idea, however look at it like this: If you receive an alert and you realise the message is not about you... you're still most likely the poster's type based on the fact that they fancy someone who looks like you. You can always start chatting and see whether you guys have a connection anyway. It's also quite entertaining reading other people's posts on the wall smiley

OK... I kinda get the idea.

Sounds like it's gonna be fungrin

But what's the limit to the number of "coincidental similarities".. I mean what if I'm looking for my crush and I list her key features and this key features happen to be similar to the features of 10 other girls on "CF".

Then the alert now gets to the 10 of them... What happens then?
Re: I'd Love You Feedback On An App I've Created by lo2324: 2:47pm On Sep 23, 2014
iceberylin: Whats the size undecided
5.5MB depending device size. So pretty small smiley
Re: I'd Love You Feedback On An App I've Created by iceberylin(m): 2:49pm On Sep 23, 2014
lo2324: 5.5MB depending device size. So pretty small smiley
Works on Galaxy S5 undecided
Re: I'd Love You Feedback On An App I've Created by lo2324: 2:53pm On Sep 23, 2014
Good question. I've attached a screenshot which shows you the screen you land on when you get a crush alert. You can see the first button on the image -there are also 2 buttons below for 'finding out more' and 'backing out' if you're sure the message is not about you. I imagine users may get a couple of alerts everyday - most will not be about them but like I mentioned, all you need to do is press a button to ignore the alert.

Alternatively if your crush opens up your alert and is not into you or maybe already has a partner, you'll never know that they have seen the message... saving any potential hurt feelings smiley
1one:

OK... I kinda get the idea.

Sounds like it's gonna be fungrin

But what's the limit to the number of "coincidental similarities".. I mean what if I'm looking for my crush and I list her key features and this key features happen to be similar to the features of 10 other girls on "CF".

Then the alert now gets to the 10 of them... What happens then?

Re: I'd Love You Feedback On An App I've Created by lo2324: 2:54pm On Sep 23, 2014
Yes I have a Galaxy S4 so it'll work on an S5
iceberylin:
Works on Galaxy S5 undecided
Re: I'd Love You Feedback On An App I've Created by 1one: 3:09pm On Sep 23, 2014
lo2324: Good question. I've attached a screenshot which shows you the screen you land on when you get a crush alert. You can see the first button on the image -there are also 2 buttons below for 'finding out more' and 'backing out' if you're sure the message is not about you. I imagine users may get a couple of alerts everyday - most will not be about them but like I mentioned, all you need to do is press a button to ignore the alert.

Alternatively if your crush opens up your alert and is not into you or maybe already has a partner, you'll never know that they have seen the message... saving any potential hurt feelings smiley

Okay..Very nice indeed.

Ultimately it's just another fun avenue to meet people
Re: I'd Love You Feedback On An App I've Created by lo2324: 3:15pm On Sep 23, 2014
Pretty much, yes smiley Have you downloaded it yet? If you have, have a play and post something to see it in action. It's pretty fun and you'll probably be the first to post in your radius. We launched just a few hours ago smiley
1one:

Okay..Very nice indeed.

Ultimately it's just another fun avenue to meet people
Re: I'd Love You Feedback On An App I've Created by 1one: 3:33pm On Sep 23, 2014
lo2324: Pretty much, yes smiley Have you downloaded it yet? If you have, have a play and post something to see it in action. It's pretty fun and you'll probably be the first to post in your radius. We launched just a few hours ago smiley

Will do.

I'm presently on a slow Edge network.. When it bumps back to H+ I'd be sure to download it. smiley
Re: I'd Love You Feedback On An App I've Created by lo2324: 3:39pm On Sep 23, 2014
Cool. Be sure to let me know what you think!
1one:

Will do.

I'm presently on a slow Edge network.. When it bumps back to H+ I'd be sure to download it. smiley
Re: I'd Love You Feedback On An App I've Created by Kennyinusa(m): 6:12pm On Sep 24, 2014
I just downloaded the app and I love, I totally love it.
Thumbs up
Re: I'd Love You Feedback On An App I've Created by lo2324: 8:33pm On Sep 24, 2014
I'm really glad you like it! If you can start posting and tell friends - then the app will really come to life wink

Kennyinusa: I just downloaded the app and I love, I totally love it.
Thumbs up
Re: I'd Love You Feedback On An App I've Created by skillforce: 1:58am On Sep 26, 2014
This alert is mobile push or what type?
Re: I'd Love You Feedback On An App I've Created by lo2324: 1:21pm On Sep 26, 2014
Alerts are automatically sent when a user matches at least 6 description features (gender, age range, ethnicity, hair colour, build, glasses). If you have a friend with an Android phone then try it out and make sure that your selections match the above in his profile. It's pretty cool!

skillforce: This alert is mobile push or what type?

(1) (Reply)

Freelance Blogger/ Programmer? Looking To Add Value And Be Productive? / Senior Php(laravel) Developer / Buying Software+tutorials Online Made Easy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.