Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,645 members, 7,861,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 04:39 AM

The Dangers Of GM Crops And The Tyranny Of Monsanto In Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Dangers Of GM Crops And The Tyranny Of Monsanto In Africa (441 Views)

The Tyranny Of Saraki Family And The Kwarans’ Struggle For Liberation / Ambode Names Igbo Man Engr Okonji As GM State Electricity Board / Free Bakassi from the Tyranny Of Biya's Regime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Dangers Of GM Crops And The Tyranny Of Monsanto In Africa by downwithtoxic: 3:30pm On Sep 23, 2014
Hi Im a young film maker, this video ' contain too much data but is intended to show young people like myself the dangers of GM crops and as we need to stand up and fight.

More info here.

http://www.naturalnews.com/037289_monsanto_corporations_ethics.html#

Please Spread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Xz5HWFmnSM
Re: The Dangers Of GM Crops And The Tyranny Of Monsanto In Africa by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 23, 2014
The dangers are very real, i read a book about it five years ago titled 'seeds of destruction':genetic manipulation by William Endgall i think...."control oil and you will control nations, control the source of food and you will control people"
Re: The Dangers Of GM Crops And The Tyranny Of Monsanto In Africa by nora544: 4:09pm On Sep 23, 2014
I like what you make because in my country it is not allowed to have seeds from monsanto.

We are a gen free country and that is very good but there are some other coutries in europa who are gen free.
Re: The Dangers Of GM Crops And The Tyranny Of Monsanto In Africa by Ramnon2: 4:10pm On Sep 23, 2014
For now, Africans should just keep their native gene banks away from Monsanto, Syngenta, BASF and others. But GM crops are are not all bad; it depends on what purpose. We can do GM for non-food crops such as cotton, ornamental plants and others. We can also do GM for food crops for specific purposes such as drought resistance (DR). The important thing is to be sure that no major genetic fitness is lost by the introgression of the new DR gene. We should also ensure that the selection maker is not one of those AB resistance markers. I agree that a lot needs to be made known about GM technology, and Africans are usually the last to know these things.

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Cardinal Olubunmi Okogie / Help Needed! / The Political Methuselahs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.