Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,282 members, 7,836,256 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Pls What Does This ABS Light Indicate? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls What Does This ABS Light Indicate? (1405 Views)

What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? / What Does The ABS Sign On Dash Board Means / Toyota Hilux 2013: ABS Light On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls What Does This ABS Light Indicate? by cupid4ig(m): 6:28pm On Sep 23, 2014
Hello pls I know this might sound silly embarassed but it's better to ask questions and be called a fool than to regret later tongue
So I got a car a Golf 3 last month and ever since then I have not drove the car at night but yesterday bn Sunday I did and I noticed that the ABS light indicator was on. I know abs means (Anti-lock braking system) so I asked a friend who has a car and he told me to top up my steering oil which I did today but the light is still on. Pls is there anything I should be worried about? This actually my first baby and am using it for my school work.

Re: Pls What Does This ABS Light Indicate? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Sep 23, 2014
cupid4ig: Hello pls I know this might sound silly embarassed but it's better to ask questions and be called a fool than to regret later tongue
So I got a car a Golf 3 last month and ever since then I have not drove the car at night but yesterday bn Sunday I did and I noticed that the ABS light indicator was on. I know abs means (Anti-lock braking system) so I asked a [b]friend who has a car and he told me to top up my steering oil [/b]which I did today but the light is still on. Pls is there anything I should be worried about? This actually my first baby and am using it for my school work.

Na wa for this your friend o grin

Did you car come with an owners manual? If not get one and don't take advice from that friend again about your car.

So the light indicates that you have a fault with your Anti Lock Brake system. At this point it could be a myriad of anything.

What year is a Golf3?
Re: Pls What Does This ABS Light Indicate? by mayor2013: 7:36pm On Sep 23, 2014
Power steering oil grin. There is a problem with your antilock braking system. Just go run a scan on your car. Is your car an auto transmission?
Re: Pls What Does This ABS Light Indicate? by cupid4ig(m): 8:16pm On Sep 23, 2014
CityNG:

Na wa for this your friend o grin

Did you car come with an owners manual? If not get one and don't take advice from that friend again about your car.

So the light indicates that you have a fault with your Anti Lock Brake system. At this point it could be a myriad of anything.

What year is a Golf3?
no owners manual. Probably will have to look for where to get one. 1993
Re: Pls What Does This ABS Light Indicate? by cupid4ig(m): 8:17pm On Sep 23, 2014
mayor2013: Power steering oil grin. There is a problem with your antilock braking system. Just go run a scan on your car. Is your car an auto transmission?
yes it's auto transmission
Re: Pls What Does This ABS Light Indicate? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 23, 2014
cupid4ig: no owners manual. Probably will have to look for where to get one. 1993

A regular scanner "may" not diagnose ABS issues as it's a little bit higher level diagnostic work.

If it were my car, I would remove all four wheels (needless to say that safety first) and inspect that no loose wiring and or sensors (if any on that year).

Does the light blink?
Re: Pls What Does This ABS Light Indicate? by cupid4ig(m): 1:12am On Sep 24, 2014
CityNG:

A regular scanner "may" not diagnose ABS issues as it's a little bit higher level diagnostic work.

If it were my car, I would remove all four wheels (needless to say that safety first) and inspect that no loose wiring and or sensors (if any on that year).

Does the light blink?
nope it doesn't blink. Just steady. I changed all the 4 tyres including wheels
Re: Pls What Does This ABS Light Indicate? by fidinwala(m): 2:04pm On Sep 24, 2014
I will advice u call Mr. Ikenna although he deals more on Peugeot he will advice u accordingly. this his number
Re: Pls What Does This ABS Light Indicate? by cupid4ig(m): 1:15am On Sep 25, 2014
fidinwala: I will advice u call Mr. Ikenna although he deals more on Peugeot he will advice u accordingly. this his number
okay thanks I will do that
Re: Pls What Does This ABS Light Indicate? by Lexusgs430: 3:27am On Sep 25, 2014
It could be a number of factors causing the malfunction.
Firstly take of wheels and check for loose connection or frayed cables on the ABS modules.
It could also be a faulty sensor on the ABS modules.
A more sophisticated scanner should point you in the direction of the wheel throwing out faulty code.
Re: Pls What Does This ABS Light Indicate? by Piyke: 3:36pm On Sep 25, 2014
cupid4ig: Hello pls I know this might sound silly embarassed but it's better to ask questions and be called a fool than to regret later tongue
So I got a car a Golf 3 last month and ever since then I have not drove the car at night but yesterday bn Sunday I did and I noticed that the ABS light indicator was on. I know abs means (Anti-lock braking system) so I asked a friend who has a car and he told me to top up my steering oil which I did today but the light is still on. Pls is there anything I should be worried about? This actually my first baby and am using it for my school work.

Are you in Imo? If so I could help, I have a scanner with ABS capability. Cheers
Re: Pls What Does This ABS Light Indicate? by chuchutech(m): 1:25pm On Sep 26, 2014
Your car probably have a malfunctioned abs module or the electric motor inside the module is bad. the brake will still work without abs but risky

(1) (Reply)

Speed Kills Mpg / What Is This Unsafe Rubish? / Golden Brown Toyota Avalon XLS 2003 For Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.