Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,600 members, 7,820,148 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

Starting Up A Teaching Job,i Need A Guide - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Starting Up A Teaching Job,i Need A Guide (2000 Views)

A Guide For First Year Engineering Students In The University / About To Register For Acca: Pls I Need A Guide / Starting Up A School In Nigeria - Funding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Starting Up A Teaching Job,i Need A Guide by fubbyy(m): 8:06pm On Sep 23, 2014
I red political science,this is 3 years of graduation with no job, ran up and down but couldn't find any, now I'm about to take a teaching job in one of the secondary schools around,I've discussed with the proprietor

I'll be teaching them government and commerce which were my favorites back in secondary school

These are two subjects that I can guarantee of scoring A1 in exam hall at any giving time

Now the problem is this, I've never taught in any school before,what is it like? Where and how do I begin to teach these students? do I start from scratch? which is "definition of commerce" what about their register where I'll record their scores,is it just writing all their names and specify a box where to put marks

I never knew I would ever become a teacher,now the wind of life has blown me to it,I have no choice

Please is their any book like "teachers guide for beginners" that can give me a clue on where to start

Thanks
Re: Starting Up A Teaching Job,i Need A Guide by drake99: 8:21pm On Sep 23, 2014
fubbyy: I red political science,this is 3 years of graduation with no job, ran up and down but couldn't find any, now I'm about to take a teaching job in one of the secondary schools around,I've discussed with the proprietor

I'll be teaching them government and commerce which were my favorites back in secondary school

These are two subjects that I can guarantee of scoring A1 in exam hall at any giving time

Now the problem is this, I've never taught in any school before,what is it like? Where and how do I begin to teach these students? do I start from scratch? which is "definition of commerce" what about their register where I'll record their scores,is it just writing all their names and specify a box where to put marks

I never knew I would ever become a teacher,now the wind of life has blown me to it,I have no choice

Please is their any book like "teachers guide for beginners" that can give me a clue on where to start

Thanks
thanks God for this, in one of your threads where you were looking for what to do,I advised you to take up a teaching job,glad you did

Anyway am not a teacher so I don't really have answer to your questions, hope teachers here will help
Re: Starting Up A Teaching Job,i Need A Guide by fubbyy(m): 8:41pm On Sep 23, 2014
drake99: thanks God for this, in one of your threads where you were looking for what to do,I advised you to take up a teaching job,glad you did

Anyway am not a teacher so I don't really have answer to your questions, hope teachers here will help
thanks
Re: Starting Up A Teaching Job,i Need A Guide by fubbyy(m): 8:42pm On Sep 23, 2014
Are their no teachers here?
Re: Starting Up A Teaching Job,i Need A Guide by fubbyy(m): 8:48pm On Sep 23, 2014
18 view no comment, na waa o
Re: Starting Up A Teaching Job,i Need A Guide by KillerBeauty(f): 8:49pm On Sep 23, 2014
On your first day at school, you will be given the subject syllabus. You will draft your scheme of work accordingly. This is first term so you must start by teaching what is government or what is commerce. You will also be given a textbook but this will likely not be enough so you have to be resourceful by doing more research from other textbook and google to develop your lesson note. You also need to have a lesson plan. Remember a class period last 40-45 minutes, so you need to plan your lesson well. They will be other teachers who will be willing to assist you, so ask questions. When you get to the class for the first time, introduce yourself to the students and get familiar with them. Make sure your lesson note is comprehensive because the head of your dept will assess it.
In all teaching is fun, flexible and brain stimulating so enjoy it.
Re: Starting Up A Teaching Job,i Need A Guide by fubbyy(m): 9:13pm On Sep 23, 2014
KillerBeauty: On your first day at school, you will be given the subject syllabus. You will draft your scheme of work accordingly. This is first term so you must start by teaching what is government or what is commerce. You will also be given a textbook but this will likely not be enough so you have to be resourceful by doing more research from other textbook and google to develop your lesson note. You also need to have a lesson plan. Remember a class period last 40-45 minutes, so you need to plan your lesson well. They will be other teachers who will be willing to assist you, so ask questions. When you get to the class for the first time, introduce yourself to the students and get familiar with them. Make sure your lesson note is comprehensive because the head of your dept will assess it.
In all teaching is fun, flexible and brain stimulating so enjoy it.
thanks a lot,

Since I'm going to teach SS1 to SS3, I think they must have concluded some topic I'm about to teach

Do I teach all the SS class in the same day?
Re: Starting Up A Teaching Job,i Need A Guide by hushmail: 10:12pm On Sep 23, 2014
guy, I no understand why u dey panic

u said u can score A in the two subjects anytime

so immediately u land, collect syllabus and begin fire away

no be secondary school? nothing to worry

bt if e hook u, tell them APC vs PDP story, and they will love u grin
Re: Starting Up A Teaching Job,i Need A Guide by fubbyy(m): 5:59am On Sep 24, 2014
hushmail: guy, I no understand why u dey panic

u said u can score A in the two subjects anytime

so immediately u land, collect syllabus and begin fire away

no be secondary school? nothing to worry

bt if e hook u, tell them APC vs PDP story, and they will love u grin
knowing the course/subject is different from teaching skills
Re: Starting Up A Teaching Job,i Need A Guide by KillerBeauty(f): 6:13am On Sep 24, 2014
fubbyy: thanks a lot,

Since I'm going to teach SS1 to SS3, I think they must have concluded some topic I'm about to teach

Do I teach all the SS class in the same day?

Remember in your secondary school days every class have a time table. Even in the University lecturer teach according to the time schedule in the time table.

About the topics to teach I told you the school will give you the syllabus that you will work with
Re: Starting Up A Teaching Job,i Need A Guide by fubbyy(m): 6:16am On Sep 24, 2014
KillerBeauty:

Remember in your secondary school days every class have a time table. Even in the University lecturer teach according to the time schedule in the time table.

About the topics to teach I told you the school will give you the syllabus that you will work with
thanks
Re: Starting Up A Teaching Job,i Need A Guide by sotimonpe(m): 6:57am On Jul 21, 2016
We can be of help to you in any of the following services: Registration of Business Name, Limited Company, School, Church, Mosque, Club Community Associations etc. We design any form of websites such as Bulk SMS website, Company website and E-commerce WHATSAPP 08075800577 email: lowoa5@gmail.com
Re: Starting Up A Teaching Job,i Need A Guide by FuckTheMods: 7:44am On Jul 21, 2016
fubbyy:
knowing the course/subject is different from teaching skills
Gbam i rep Pol science (edu).
In this prestigious course which is under the Faculty of Education. You'll be intuited with the techniques of teaching and the skills of imbibing tutorials on your students.
Thats why i like courses under Education which is more broadening and voluminous.
I hope you get me rightly

(1) (Reply)

Check Out The Old Primary School Poems / 10 surprising indicators of genius ✘✘✘ [must Read] / ICAN/ATS March 2016 Diet Result Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.