Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,138 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Boko Haram: Gani Adams Decries S/west Govs’ Attitudes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Gani Adams Decries S/west Govs’ Attitudes (1070 Views)

Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland / OPC Council Disowns Gani Adams, For Betraying Yoruba Nation / Gani Adams Reveals That 85% Of Lagosians Want Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram: Gani Adams Decries S/west Govs’ Attitudes by gratieao: 3:26am On Sep 24, 2014
As the Boko Haram insurgency continues to take its toll in the North-Eastern part of the country, leader of Odua People’s Congress (OPC), Otunba Gani Adams, has expressed fears over likely spill over to South-West if not properly curtailed. He was speaking recently at the Oranyan Festival, at the palace of the Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi:

“Indication is rife that Boko Haram has entered South West. Evidence of their incursion into the zone was the explosion in Apapa, Lagos, of which, Shekau, the Islamist sect leader, claimed responsibility. According to Adams, the incident shows that a drastic solution must be applied in order to curtail the menace in the South West.”

He maintained that South West governors were showing non-chalant attitude towards the issue, saying, as a leader of OPC, none of the governor had called him to discuss proactive measures to curtail the spill over:

“I have been to 51 countries launching OPC. I’ve just returned from Europe and what they were asking me is on the issue of Boko Haram. We need to organize a stakeholders’ meeting on security in order to chart a way forward on how to secure  our region against Boko Haram.

“The issue of Boko Haram is a collective responsibility. Everyone must harmonise his or her potentials to curtail the menace as the sect members cannot be fought from afar as their identity is hidden.”

Adams, a delegate to the just-concluded National Conference, said the resolution of the conference recommends a true federalism synonymous to the United State of America which makes its political system to thrive

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=83187

Re: Boko Haram: Gani Adams Decries S/west Govs’ Attitudes by jacabi(m): 3:36am On Sep 24, 2014
We don't want displacement of boko haram but total crush down. #OperationCrushDownBokoHaram #BokoHaramMustGo
Re: Boko Haram: Gani Adams Decries S/west Govs’ Attitudes by estyvino(m): 4:06am On Sep 24, 2014
His! right. The entire south governors should be proactive security wise, especially now that they are all on the run, hence; Nigerian Army is winning the war against boko haram.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Gani Adams Decries S/west Govs’ Attitudes by Amanwulu1(m): 5:50am On Sep 24, 2014
ii
Re: Boko Haram: Gani Adams Decries S/west Govs’ Attitudes by Mogidi: 5:59am On Sep 24, 2014
The SW seems to take pride in egging on the boko haram movement, hoping it destroys the faith Nigerians has on the federal govt.
Who made these same calculations before, the North did, now see where it got them. Lets see what becomes of the SW when boko boys hits town. Classic case of cutting the nose to spite the face.
Anyway sha, I wish the Yorubas good luck in their romance with Boko haram.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Gani Adams Decries S/west Govs’ Attitudes by 2cato: 6:25am On Sep 24, 2014
I know most of the governors are hoping that the BH will give gej bad name so that APC will coast to victory.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Gani Adams Decries S/west Govs’ Attitudes by Nobody: 6:28am On Sep 24, 2014
If I talk now, them go say customied hate yorubas. Make ade watch
Re: Boko Haram: Gani Adams Decries S/west Govs’ Attitudes by aljharem(m): 6:29am On Sep 24, 2014
2cato: I know most of the governors are hoping that the BH will give gej bad name so that APC will coast to victory.

God bless you

You understand clearly what is going on

estyvino: His! right. The entire south governors should be proactive security wise, especially now that they are all on the run, hence; Nigerian Army is winning the war against boko haram.

How can they be active then they are sponsoring it ?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Gani Adams Decries S/west Govs’ Attitudes by asadike(f): 8:05am On Sep 24, 2014
Dat's why yorubas wil always be yorubas.
Re: Boko Haram: Gani Adams Decries S/west Govs’ Attitudes by Collynzo22: 8:16am On Sep 24, 2014
2cato: I know most of the governors are hoping that the BH will give gej bad name so that APC will coast to victory.
That is why they are the first to scream to high heavens whenever there is a boko haram attack but suddenly lost their voices when they landed in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Gani Adams Decries S/west Govs’ Attitudes by Nobody: 8:17am On Sep 24, 2014
This fella is just another nigerian seeking attention... " saying, as a leader of OPC, none of the governor had called him to discuss proactive measures to curtail the spill over".... silly man why should they call him before he takes "proactive measure"... This guy is just looking for ways to get paid... when did he even become the leader of the opc? This guy is quite delusional
Re: Boko Haram: Gani Adams Decries S/west Govs’ Attitudes by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 24, 2014
Do you go about searching news relating to Yoruba?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Gani Adams Decries S/west Govs’ Attitudes by BOAR: 8:27am On Sep 24, 2014
django1: Do you go about searching news relating to Yoruba?

Goes to show that some people have some kind of psychological problems.

When all you do in your lifetime on the Internet is scavenging the Internet for bad news of your perceived enemies to give your emotional joy, then there is a problem with such individual.
Re: Boko Haram: Gani Adams Decries S/west Govs’ Attitudes by Aphrygian(m): 8:46am On Sep 24, 2014
For the posters above my who did not use there head to comment (exept for some few),my question for you .......is opc a goverment security outfit?...did you pple no what politicians use this opc people for when they were powerful.IMO am happy southwest govs are not relating with dis thugs called opc cos harming them is like harming isis.
Re: Boko Haram: Gani Adams Decries S/west Govs’ Attitudes by gunuvi(m): 9:45am On Sep 24, 2014
you will soon see some APC e warriors disowning gani Adams now. they are always uncomfortable with any criticism

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Gani Adams Decries S/west Govs’ Attitudes by ayindejimmy(m): 10:02am On Sep 24, 2014
Gani Adams faction of OPC is a violent one. Those that lived in Bariga, and Ikotun/Egbe road in Lagos btw 1998-2001 will attest to this. His faction once kill a DPO at Bariga and they usualy fight and cause riot whenever they hold ther meetings. And lives are always lost. Of significant was how they terrorized any non-yorubas until the police restores sanity whic is usualy after much harm had been done.
Gani was a carpenter elevated to the post of OPC leader cos of his love 4 violence. That was y he and Faseun splitd up.
So dnt blame some of us who are comfortable wit his non-inclusion in security matters in SW
Re: Boko Haram: Gani Adams Decries S/west Govs’ Attitudes by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:14am On Sep 24, 2014
before nko?
How else does one finish his enemies if not to allow them choke on their foolishness?

(1) (Reply)

Kaduna State. Who Do We Vote For? / These Are The APC 'change' Flagbearers.change Indeed! / d

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.