Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,175 members, 7,811,430 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" (5192 Views)

"Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? / ‘Touch Not My Anointed’ / Touch Not My Anointed & Do My Prophet No Harm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by nannymcphee(f): 11:04am On Sep 24, 2014
1 chronicles16:17-22

17 And hath confirmed the same to Jacob for a law, and to Israel for an everlasting covenant,
18 Saying, Unto thee will I give the land of Canaan, the lot of your inheritance;
19 When ye were but few, even a few, and strangers in it.
20 And when they went from nation to nation, and from one kingdom to another people;
21 He suffered no man to do them wrong: yea, he reproved kings for their sakes,
22 Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm

for those who use this verse as a line of defense when accusations are laid against a MAN OF GOD!!

Pls I will appreciate answers to the following questions

1. Who was God referring to in this verse

2.Does this verse cover all Christians who are anointed or its strictly for MEN OF GOD

3. If its not exclusive to MEN OF GOD alone, how come its not used when a Christian who isn't a leader is being slandered

4a.As a Christian police officer, If I catch a MAN OF GOD committing a crime, should I arrest him or turn the other way becos of this verse??

4b. As a Christian police officer, if the use of excessive force is required to restrain a violent MAN OF GOD, should I use such force or let him continue his attack

(For Q4a & b, i ask becos the verse says do the prophet no harm)

5a. As a Christian judge, should I recuse myself from a case involving a MAN OF GOD

5b.As a Christian judge, should I free a guilty MAN OF GOD

(For Q5a & b, I ask becos proponents of this verse, usually say leave judgement for God who called them)

PS:pls don't tell me a MAN OF GOD can't be violent or does no wrong, because we have had case where some did

pls don't also tell me that no genuine MAN OF GOD Will do those things, that is not the objective of my questions

Kindly provide answers based on the scenarios presented.

Thanks
Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by Nobody: 11:09am On Sep 24, 2014
1 corinthians 5 has already given us the right to judge or comdemn wrong act by a fellow christians. whether he is a pastor or not.

5 It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that even pagans do not tolerate: A man is sleeping with his father’s wife. 2 And you are proud! Shouldn’t you rather have gone into mourning and have put out of your fellowship the man who has been doing this? 3 For my part, even though I am not physically present, I am with you in spirit. As one who is present with you in this way, I have already passed judgment in the name of our Lord Jesus on the one who has been doing this. 4 So when you are assembled and I am with you in spirit, and the power of our Lord Jesus is present, 5 hand this man over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh,[a][b] so that his spirit may be saved on the day of the Lord.
6 Your boasting is not good. Don’t you know that a little yeast leavens the whole batch of dough? 7 Get rid of the old yeast, so that you may be a new unleavened batch—as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. 8 Therefore let us keep the Festival, not with the old bread leavened with malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

9 I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 10 not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. 11 But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister[c] but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people.
12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you.”

1 Like

Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by nannymcphee(f): 11:43am On Sep 24, 2014
Gombs,mbaemeka,joagbaje, Drummaboy, winsomex,shidemidemi

Pls I'll like your opinion
Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by WinsomeX: 12:51pm On Sep 24, 2014
Permit me to provide here a well written article on Touch Not my Anointed by SirJohn. I endorse every word.

SirJohn:

"Touch Not the Lord's Anointed," The familiar recourse of the deceiver and the deceived whenever falsehood and deceit is being exposed. Perhaps we should take a moment to trash this issue once and for all.
Let’s take a look at the scripture for a moment:

"And confirmed the same unto Jacob for a law, and to Israel for an everlasting covenant, saying, Unto thee will I give the land of Canaan, the lot of your inheritance; When they were but a few men in number; yea, very few, and strangers in it. When they went from one nation to another, and from one kingdom to another people; He suffered no man to do them wrong; yea, he reproved kings for their sakes; Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm." (Psalm 105:10-15.)

Many preachers today teach that if anyone criticizes them, or finds fault with them in any way, or goes against their wishes, then that miserable fellow has "Touched the Lord's anointed." Many eloquent sermons have been preached to warn those who would dare commit such a sin that they face the unmitigated wrath of Almighty God. But is it what that verse really talks about?

The immediate context of the verse is a reference to the patriarch Jacob, who was not an ordained preacher, at least not as we would understand that concept today. Just what kind of hazard was Jacob in fear of as he wandered from one nation to another people? Did he live in mortal dread that someone, somewhere, would criticize him? No, his concern was that the heathen would use physical violence against him. Read his complaint in

Genesis 34:30: "And Jacob said to Simeon and Levi, Ye have troubled me to make me to stink among the inhabitants of the land, among the Canaanites and the Perizzites: and I being few in number, they shall gather themselves against me, and slay me; and I shall be destroyed, I and my house."

It is clear that to touch the Lord's anointed is to commit an act of physical violence against the one anointed by God. It does not refer to those who verbally attack and criticize a preacher and his doctrine. Such verbal attacks may be quite wrong and sinful, and in some cases they may be commendable and necessary

(see Jesus criticizing the Pharisees in Matthew 23, Paul criticizing Peter in Galatians 2:14-21, Paul versus the Judaizers in Galatians 5:12, Philippians 3:2, etc.) but they are not covered by the idea "Touch not the Lord's anointed."

You made reference to I Samuel 24:6-7, where David had an opportunity to have King Saul killed, but refused to take advantage of it: "And he said unto his men, The Lord forbid that I should do this thing unto my master, the Lord's anointed, to stretch forth mine hand against him, seeing he is the anointed of the Lord. So David stayed his servants with these words, and suffered them not to rise against Saul. But Saul rose up out of the cave, and went on his way." Immediately afterward, David publicly criticized Saul in front of 3000 of Saul's troops, as well as his own 600 men, saying "The Lord judge between me and thee, and the Lord avenge me of thee: but mine hand shall not be upon thee. As sayeth the proverb of the ancients, Wickedness proceedeth from the wicked, but mine hand shall not be upon thee." (1 Samuel 24:12-13.) No one seemed to feel that David was touching the Lord's anointed by this open rebuke of Saul. It is clear that to touch the Lord's anointed involved violence against his person, not criticism, rebuke or reproof.

Why, then, do we hear so much whining from preachers today who warn their followers, and their critics, not to touch the Lord's anointed? Just what do these preachers have to hide, and what are they so anxious to cover up?

To rebuke a preacher who has committed errors of false doctrine or practice cannot be the sin of touching the Lord's anointed, because it does not involve the use or threat of physical violence. Such rebuke is appropriate and even commanded in certain instances. "But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed." (Galatians 2:11.) "Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith." (Titus 1:13.) "Against an elder receive not an accusation, but before two or three witnesses. Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear," (1 Timothy 5:19-20.) The office of elder here is the same as the scriptural office of bishop or pastor and they could not be higher in rank than the Apostle Peter, who Paul rebuked publicly before the congregation of Antioch.

WHO THEN IS THE LORDS ANOINTED?
Since we are instructed so many times that we must not touch the Lord's anointed, it might help to check out the New Testament and find out just who are the Lord's anointed today. In 2 Corinthians 1:21-22 we read;
"Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God; who also hath sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts." The Apostle John tells us, "But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things,  But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him." (1 John 2:20,27.)

There we have it - all Christians are the Lord's anointed. How could it be otherwise? In Old Testament times, only some believers were priests, but in this age of grace, we are all priests: "Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ ,  But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light." (1 Peter 2:5,9.)

So my dear Prizeless, in the light of this glorious truth,  you are just as guilty because I am also the Lords Anointed.

4 Likes

Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by WinsomeX: 1:17pm On Sep 24, 2014
Since much of my thoughts on this topic has been presented by SirJohn, I will just make brief answers to these questions.

nannymcphee:

Like SirJohn said, the passage referred to Jacob, primarily. In general it will refer to all of God's people, Christians, God's Israel today. God still ensures Christians are not physically harmed.

nannymcphee:
2.Does this verse cover all Christians who are anointed or its strictly for MEN OF GOD

All Christians. All Christians are also men of God. Man of God is used to refer to Christians in the NT in the light of God's demand on us to reach maturity (1Tim 6:11; 2 Tim 3:18).

nannymcphee:
3. If its not exclusive to MEN OF GOD alone, how come its not used when a Christian who isn't a leader is being slandered

Because it's being abused. That's why the write up by SirJohn is very instructive. All of God's people are equal. We should be accountable to ourselves. No one is greater than another so much that he cannot be held accountable. No one is beyond criticism. Nevertheless, same way we should not criticize our leaders maliciously, so should we not do the same to each other. We are all brethren accountable to one another.

nannymcphee:
4a.As a Christian police officer, If I catch a MAN OF GOD committing a crime, should I arrest him or turn the other way becos of this verse??

Be'eni ma. Arrest the chap and ensure he serves his due punishment. MOG is not a political immunity.

nannymcphee:
4b. As a Christian police officer, if the use of excessive force is required to restrain a violent MAN OF GOD, should I use such force or let him continue his attack

Yes ma. Pls do. A scripture in Peter warns Christians not to suffer for evil doing. BC if they do, there is no glory in it. If a Christian is violent or breaks the law, he should be subject to the punishment of the law.

nannymcphee:
5a. As a Christian judge, should I recuse myself from a case involving a MAN OF GOD

No. Judge him like any other person. If he is guilty, jail him. Case in point: Jim Baker.

nannymcphee:

No. Period.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by nannymcphee(f): 4:40pm On Sep 24, 2014
^^^^^
Thanks, still waiting to hear the view of those that use the phrase
Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by Gombs(m): 4:59pm On Sep 24, 2014
--
Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by Image123(m): 6:24pm On Sep 24, 2014
David didn't publicly criticize Saul in the purported sense, also he said what he had to say to Saul's face with great regard and reverence for Saul and God.
Over to proponents .
Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 24, 2014
Very instructive, I hope this makes fp, so all those who allow themselves to be misled can be instructed.

nannymcphee:

Be'eni ma. Arrest the chap and ensure he serves his due punishment. MOG is not a political immunity.

nannymcphee:

Yes ma. Pls do. A scripture in Peter warns Christians not to suffer for evil doing. BC if they do, there is no glory in it. If a Christian is violent or breaks the law, he should be subject to the punishment of the law.

nannymcphee:

No. Judge him like any other person. If he is guilty, jail him. Case in point: Jim Baker.

1 Like

Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by Gombs(m): 6:50pm On Sep 24, 2014

His saints and his prophets (Pastors, Ministers of the gospel)

All... we are to judge none, touch none, not by mouth, pen or however.

Ask them, I use it on all...all who's created of God.

Define the word 'crime' ...because, they said Chris Oyakhilome commited a crime too.... but if you find him breaking traffic rules or give bribes etc...Arrest him, you are doing your job! Make sure you don't do the arresting in the church!

Beni! He should know how to conduct himself and his anger, knowing fully well he's an ambassador for Christ

The Hebrew word is ra'a meaning to do an injury or hurt, to do evil or wickedly, mischief . Check your motive here. When you are arresting him, do it with respect or reverence, even if you saw him stole from a store. Do your job and keave the rest for who he answers to.

Nope, do your job. If he broke the law, he should face the consequences. 1 Peter 2 : 13 Keep [size=20pt]all[/size] the laws of men because of the Lord; those of the king, who is over all

If he broke the law with PROOF... don't, but still respect him either way.

(For Q5a & b, I ask becos proponents of this verse, usually say leave judgement for God who called them)

Refer to the above verse...if he broke the laws of the land, he should answer.

PS:pls don't tell me a MAN OF GOD can't be violent or does no wrong, because we have had case where some did

I've seen Pastors who beat their wives, why can't a pastor steal then? There is every possibility. wink

pls don't also tell me that no genuine MAN OF GOD Will do those things, that is not the objective of my questions

Those who know the word and live it, work and walk it won't

Kindly provide answers based on the scenarios presented.

I don't like the topic of this thread... is 'proponents' necessary? Your opening remark too undecided

Thanks

Welcome!

1 Like

Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by mbaemeka(m): 6:54pm On Sep 24, 2014
2 Peter 1:21 KJV

For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

None of the prophecies or scriptures came from men. They came from the Holy Spirit who moved them to speak or write it down. Will the Holy Spirit move a Christian to act contrary to the scriptures?

Paul didn't rebuke Peter because he was "just" wrong. He rebuked him because Peter was within Paul's jurisdiction which was Galatia- a region Paul had established a church. The same Paul when he met with James and the other elders in Jerusalem didn't rebuke them even though they admonished Gentiles to imbibe some Jewish customs as part of their salvation "duties". He simply obeyed them there and kept mum but when he wrote to his churches he taught otherwise.

There is a due process in God's house for the Holy Spirit is not the author of confusion or a proponent of dissension and rank-breaking. But if any MOG fails in the law of the land then let him be punished by the law of the land and if he fails in the law of God then let God himself punish him amicably.

Going by what Image123 had already said when David had the opportunity to kill Saul he refused to and when one of his soldiers offered to do it David called Saul "the Lord's annointed". Remember that David too was the Lord's anointed (and even more anointed than Saul if I may add) but when he learned about Saul's death he exclaimed "How are the mighty fallen?" before he instructed his men not to tell the story amongst the Heathens (Garth in the context). He didn't call Saul a demon-possessed Charlatan or fraud that God had punished. Instead with tears he queried why such a mighty man had fallen so ignominiously.

I am not a proponent of anything except I declare unequivocally that I am. Just thought to add that.
Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by Gombs(m): 7:15pm On Sep 24, 2014
mbaemeka: 2 Peter 1:21 KJV

For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

None of the prophecies or scriptures came from men. They came from the Holy Spirit who moved them to speak or write it down. Will the Holy Spirit move a Christian to act contrary to the scriptures?

Paul didn't rebuke Peter because he was "just" wrong. He rebuked him because Peter was within Paul's jurisdiction which was Galatia- a region Paul had established a church. The same Paul when he met with James and the other elders in Jerusalem didn't rebuke them even though they admonished Gentiles to imbibe some Jewish customs as part of their salvation "duties". He simply obeyed them there and kept mum but when he wrote to his churches he taught otherwise.

There is a due process in God's house for the Holy Spirit is not the author of confusion or a proponent of dissension and rank-breaking. But if any MOG fails in the law of the land then let him be punished by the law of the land and if he fails in the law of God then let God himself punish him amicably.

Going by what Image123 had already said when David had the opportunity to kill Saul he refused to and when one of his soldiers offered to do it David called Saul "the Lord's annointed". Remember that David too was the Lord's anointed (and even more anointed than Saul if I may add) but when he learned about Saul's death he exclaimed "How are the mighty fallen?" before he instructed his men not to tell the story amongst the Heathens (Garth in the context). He didn't call Saul a demon-possessed Charlatan or fraud that God had punished. Instead with tears he queried why such a mighty man had fallen so ignominiously.

I am not a proponent of anything except I declare unequivocally that I am. Just thought to add that.

Gbam!

Ohhhhhhhhh! Mba, as for the colored, may God bless you. His wisdom and excellence is working in your mind immeasurably

David had to kill 2 fellas like that in the Bible for slaying the Lord’s anointed, and was advised to slay another for simply cursing the Lord’s annointed, yet folks here insult and attack all including the president of the country! Forgetting the Bible frowns at that too

Notice the difference in our posts, 4mins...we were thinking same things... Hahahahahah, true sons of our father! He sure made Bereans outta us grin

2 Likes

Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by LambanoPeace: 8:18pm On Sep 24, 2014
WinsomeX, rather than answer the OP, you went an the usual essays, finally attempting the OP... when would you understand that long gists in a forum like this is not sellable? undecided
Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by nannymcphee(f): 9:18pm On Sep 24, 2014
Gombs:

All... we are to judge none, touch none, not by mouth, pen or however

Q1.Kindly explain what Paul was addressing in 1 Corinthians 5:12-13

12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?
13 God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you.”

Q2.where do you get this notion of by pen or by mouth? All the verses preceding the "touch not my....." talks about assault or physical harm

Define the word 'crime' ...because, they said Chris Oyakhilome commited a crime too.... but if you find him breaking traffic rules or give bribes etc...Arrest him, you are doing your job! Make sure you don't do the arresting in the church!

pls don't bring in names so that the thread won't be derailed.

Why can't I arrest a pastor in church when he has broken the law?

A friend of mine worked for a Pastor of a well known church(name withheld) . him & his crew were owed for 6months, no pay

The pastor gave instructions to the security guys not to allow them into the office complex, they did the job offsite, they tried all they could to get his attention to no avail

So one Sunday, they all decided to go to his church, the pastor didn't notice them, unfortunately for the pastor he was the first to speak during testimony time, my friend took the mic & narrated everything & that the congregation should pls join him in begging the pastor to pay.

long story short, the pastor paid them the next day.

question: Did my friend do wrong by going to the church to do this?

1 Like

Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by Gombs(m): 9:58pm On Sep 24, 2014
nannymcphee:

Q1.Kindly explain what Paul was addressing in 1 Corinthians 5:12-13

12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?
13 God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you.”

MSG
9-13 I wrote you in my earlier letter that you shouldn’t make yourselves at home among the sexually promiscuous. I didn’t mean that you should have nothing at all to do with outsiders of that sort. Or with crooks, whether blue- or white-collar. Or with spiritual phonies, for that matter. You’d have to leave the world entirely to do that! But I am saying that you shouldn’t act as if everything is just fine when a friend who claims to be a Christian is promiscuous or crooked, is flip with God or rude to friends, gets drunk or becomes greedy and predatory. You can’t just go along with this, treating it as acceptable behavior. I’m not responsible for what the outsiders do, but don’t we have some responsibility for those within our community of believers? God decides on the outsiders, but we need to decide when our brothers and sisters are out of line and, if necessary, clean house.

QED cool
Read in context and from the greek manuscripts. He was actually saying "it's my responsibility to put you guys in the right path" same thing Pastor Chris did when he excommunicated a Pastor, why? Because he's responsible for those in CEC, and yet folks still nailed him on the cross! He is the boss in the church in Asia, he cannot be responsible for that in Jerusalem.

Q2.where do you get this notion of by pen or by mouth? All the verses preceding the "touch not my....." talks about assault or physical harm

Really? You want me to put up a verse where someone was recommended to David for death just because he cursed the Lord’s annoited....folks curse with what?

pls don't bring in names so that the thread won't be derailed.

Noted cool but it will, sooner or later. I promise, not from me

Why can't I arrest a pastor in church when he has broken the law?

You can, but shouldn't

A friend of mine worked for a Pastor of a well known church(name withheld) . him & his crew were owed for 6months, no pay

1 Corinthians 6:1
New Living Translation
When one of you has a dispute with another believer, how dare you file a lawsuit and ask a secular court to decide the matter instead of taking it to other believers!

The pastor gave instructions to the security guys not to allow them into the office complex, they did the job offsite, they tried all they could to get his attention to no avail

Romans 4:4 ISV Now to someone who works, wages are not considered a gift but an obligation.

Now, I don't have full details, maybe your friend didn't do as they agreed, but if all conditions are met, and the pastor refuses pay (highly unlikely), then cops gotta get him, that's nafter all means has been exhausted.

So one Sunday, they all decided to go to his church, the pastor didn't notice them, unfortunately for the pastor he was the first to speak during testimony time, my friend took the mic & narrated everything & that the congregation should pls join him in begging the pastor to pay.

That is soooooo wrong and God would not be pleased at such. There are order in God’s house, your friend could have met an elder in the church quietly, he disregarded the church and the office of the Pastor, not the man, but the office.

long story short, the pastor paid them the next day.

What was his gain now? Proving the pastor is 'wicked' or 'evil'? to what end? Folks sha. Don’t forget, maybe you didn't have the full details, the pastor might ot be aware of the debt, if he were, maybe there was a breach of contract, if there wasn't, you can’t conveniently tell me someone worked for you, and you deliberately withheld pay for no reason at all

question: Did my friend do wrong by going to the church to do this?

He should go beg God...you need understand something, the church of God DOES not practice democracy, you don't always have freedom of expression and 'rights'... what happened to humility? Patience? Endurance? Love? Etc even if the pastor was wrong, what happened to his Christian morals? Who was he like in the Bible?
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by nannymcphee(f): 12:08am On Sep 25, 2014
Gombs:

Now, I don't have full details, maybe your friend didn't do as they agreed, but if all conditions are met, and the pastor refuses pay (highly unlikely), then cops gotta get him, that's nafter all means has been exhausted.

This story is not nollywood or "them say", the job was offshore & the company was owned by the pastor, find out from folks who work offshore, the moment u hit town, ur alert come in,

my friend held his part of the bargain

That is soooooo wrong and God would not be pleased at such. There are order in God’s house, your friend could have met an elder in the church quietly, he disregarded the church and the office of the Pastor, not the man, but the office.

If my friend disregarded the church & office of the pastor, what about the pastor that went against Gods word that talks about paying workers their wages & being truthful & honest?? Didn't the pastor dishonor God, the church & his office? (I hope touch not will not apply here)

What was his gain now? Proving the pastor is 'wicked' or 'evil'? to what end? Folks sha. Don’t forget, maybe you didn't have the full details, the pastor might ot be aware of the debt, if he were, maybe there was a breach of contract, if there wasn't, you can’t conveniently tell me someone worked for you, and you deliberately withheld pay for no reason at all

The long story I skipped was that, there was a visiting senior pastor from headquarters that Sunday, he told them they should see him after service

The pastor claimed that the client had not paid, hence the delay in payments

My friend called someone from the clients firm who worked with the account dept, the call was placed on speaker & he confirmed that they weren't owing the pastors firm

He should go beg God...you need understand something, the church of God DOES not practice democracy, you don't always have freedom of expression and 'rights'... what happened to humility? Patience? Endurance? Love? Etc even if the pastor was wrong, what happened to his Christian morals? Who was he like in the Bible?

I'm shocked at ur responses, u left the pastor & focused on my friend, who is in a better position to walk in the light of the questions u asked above? The pastor or the lay member

Let me borrow ur words, what happened to the pastors love?

What happened to the pastors Christian moral?

Who has the pastor acted like in the bible?

Why did the pastor order the guards not to let them into the office complex?

why did the pastor lie that he was being owed?

At the end of the day, who brought shame to the body of Christ? The pastor or my friend?

I'm earnestly waiting for the answers to this questions

I hope u won't feed the me the "touch not"

My friend did not cause commotion in church, he simply stated the facts, that he had worked without pay & they should join him in begging the pastor to pay up

I hope u earn a living, how will be like for u to work 6months without pay, with a wife & kids?

I don't know where u live, in Nigeria here, some companies owe staffs salaries for months & still threaten them with sack should they decide not to come to work

So why should a Christian business owner practice this? Not to talk of a pastor!

so what exactly should my friend beg God for?

3 Likes

Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by Gombs(m): 6:54am On Sep 25, 2014
nannymcphee:

This story is not nollywood or "them say", the job was offshore & the company was owned by the pastor, find out from folks who work offshore, the moment u hit town, ur alert come in,

my friend held his part of the bargain

Then the pastor was wrong for not to have paid up!

If my friend disregarded the church & office of the pastor, what about the pastor that went against Gods word that talks about paying workers their wages & being truthful & honest?? Didn't the pastor dishonor God, the church & his office? (I hope touch not will not apply here)

Let God judge the man, not you or your friend. Does two wrongs make a right? undecided

The long story I skipped was that, there was a visiting senior pastor from headquarters that Sunday, he told them they should see him after service

but your friend thought testimony time was far better, no?

The pastor claimed that the client had not paid, hence the delay in payments

aha, at least now there was an explanation..the first post you had earlier suggested the pastor did not even want to see them.

My friend called someone from the clients firm who worked with the account dept, the call was placed on speaker & he confirmed that they weren't owing the pastors firm

see na! Someone..was that someone a senior staff? if yes, does he or she work with finance department? why didn't he call the Boss of that firm? My point here is that there is obvious communication glitch... a whole lot

I'm shocked at ur responses, u left the pastor & focused on my friend, who is in a better position to walk in the light of the questions u asked above? The pastor or the lay member

You see it so, because you wanted me to see it from your friend's perspective, remember, everyone is right in their own eye. you didnt hear the Pastor's side of the story, did you?

Let me borrow ur words, what happened to the pastors love?

What happened to the pastors Christian moral?

Who has the pastor acted like in the bible?

Why did the pastor order the guards not to let them into the office complex?

basing your opinion of just what your friend told you is not nice... you should have heard the Pastor's side of the story.

why did the pastor lie that he was being owed?

you claiming he lied based on what your friend told you, for Pete's sake he may have called a cleaner or security man he knew working there, for it is against company standard t give information to "strangers" especially went money payments are involved.

At the end of the day, who brought shame to the body of Christ? The pastor or my friend?

your friend... No matter how you see it, taking a microphone in church to complain about a debt and asking the congregants to join him beg their pastor to pay him is not justifiable in any way.

I'm earnestly waiting for the answers to this questions

I've obliged you ma'am smiley

I hope u won't feed the me the "touch not"

you've not known me a lot then! cheesy

My friend did not cause commotion in church, he simply stated the facts, that he had worked without pay & they should join him in begging the pastor to pay up

and that was right thinking to you?

I hope u earn a living, how will be like for u to work 6months without pay, with a wife & kids?

i'd be frustrated especially if i know the monies were held for no cogent reasons..but should that make me go to the church and announce that their pastor refuse paying me? of all sensible ways of getting the debt paid? aren't their elders in that church he could first complain to? aren't there christian bodies in that state hew could write to? did he pray about it? He should have gone to the press na! He did the job with the Pastor's company, NOT the church!

I don't know where u live, in Nigeria here, some companies owe staffs salaries for months & still threaten them with sack should they decide not to come to work

Did he threaten to sack your friend? this is a new detail o

So why should a Christian business owner practice this? Not to talk of a pastor!

most atimes, wickedness and greed ... sometimes, lack of the said funds

so what exactly should my friend beg God for?

for disregarding the presence of God in the gathering of brethren. If the governor was sitting there in the congregation, would he have gone to the front with a microphone to announce the said debt? He can't... He'd not dare.

1 Like

Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by Goshen360(m): 7:33am On Sep 25, 2014
Touch not my anointed is a false teaching to the church of Christ. Plain and simple. Some people are using OT to interpret NT just because they want to justify fables. I will not accept disrespect but when a man of God goes wrong, he should know better and should be called out!!! Plain and simple!!! A man of God doing wrong doesn't have immunity not to be criticized for doing wrong!!!

3 Likes

Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by nannymcphee(f): 7:49am On Sep 25, 2014
1peter 2:23

Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously

the verse above is talking about Jesus

Luke23:33-34

33 And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand, and the other on the left.
34Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

Acts7:59-60

59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.
60And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.

Luke9:54-56

54 And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?
55 But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.
56 For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them
.And they went to another village.

The verses above shows the New Testament practice, where then do we get the present day practice of calling fire & brimestone on those that criticize ministers ?

those that use the story of Miriam or the prophet who command wild beast to devour those kids or even Ananias & sapphira seems to forget that we are in a dispensation of grace & mercy.

If peter had informed sapphira about her husbands demise, before he spoke, she would have told the truth & her life would have been spared. Christians today do worse than what Ananias did & nothing happens to them.

maybe I'm getting it wrong, but seeing the pattern Jesus laid & with verses I listed above, I ask again why do Christians lay curses on folks who criticizes ministers or even insult them?

2 Likes

Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by nora544: 7:55am On Sep 25, 2014
Twisting the Word of God
Touch not my anointed and do my prophets no harm!(Psalms 105:15 KJV)

Some discipleship groups interpret this verse to mean that we shouldn't question or say anything negative against our leaders. This interpretation squelches legitimate questions or complaints that might stop errors. Leaders who adopt this slant on scripture become almost immune from accountability to their people. This is only one example of the ways in which abusive discipleship groups may use Bible verses. Passages are often taken out of context and their true meanings distorted; but these groups also correctly interpret many verses. That is why it is so difficult to see what they are doing.

Gilbert Trusty, a former pastor who used this passage to control his flock now explains...

This particular concept is so twisted, so groundless that it would be funny if it was not so sad. In context, in those verses (Psalms 105:9.15) (KJV) God is talking about the patriarchs, about how He protected them, about how He kept Abraham's life. The main thing the scripture was dealing with is when Abemelech took Sarah into his harem. God wanted Abraham to keep his wife. God was protecting Abraham because from him was going to come a nation and from that nation was going to come the Messiah. Also John tells us that in the body of Christ we each have the anointing of God. (1 John 2:20-27) This anointing does not apply only to the man behind the pulpit; we each have the anointing of God. The Holy Spirit is available to every one of us. We can be filled as we open ourselves and yield to God. It's not just one man, or some church leaders on earth who God has set apart anointed. "Touch not my anointed" refers to all of us who are in the body of Christ.

Many times people forget that this scripture could never be used to mean that sheep should not question their leaders. A good leader should be honored and respected; but we are instructed (1 Thes. 5:21). to prove all things. First Tim 3:10 says that deacons must be proved. According to Revelations 2:2, even those who call themselves apostles should be tried. Jesus commends them because they tried those who called themselves apostles and found they were false. In abusive discipleship the mere fact that someone is a leader means that I should never say anything critical about that leader.

What a nice position! To be a leader when your flock feels that they can't be critical of you without going against God! But this is very dangerous for the flock.

The foundation of the discipleship movement is the authority of the discipler. What distinguishes discipleship relationships from the typical relationship between a pastor and the flock is that the discipler is granted a significantly greater authority to guide the directions and decisions of the disciple. Could this possibly be Biblical, that a young Christian lay person is granted power to oversee souls? This heightened authority may be communicated directly to disciples through teaching, combined with an insistence that disciples be submissive, obedient, trusting and broken. Another way in which the excessive authority is indirectly communicated is by the way in which a leader exercises authority over the disciple. The church has always held that both the content of a leader's doctrine and the leader's behavior are important. (1 Tim. 3:1.13; Tit. 1:5.11; 1 Pet. 5:2,3)

2 Likes

Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by nannymcphee(f): 8:29am On Sep 25, 2014
Gombs:

Let God judge the man, not you or your friend. Does two wrongs make a right?

but your friend thought testimony time was far better, no?

aha, at least now there was an explanation..the first post you had earlier suggested the pastor did not even want to see them.

I'm amazed at your response! My friend tried all avenue to get across to the pastor but could not, they were bared from entering the office complex, that's why he chose that extreme step

see na! Someone..was that someone a senior staff? if yes, does he or she work with finance department? why didn't he call the Boss of that firm? My point here is that there is obvious communication glitch... a whole lot

There is no glitch, the company is a small company owned by the pastor

You see it so, because you wanted me to see it from your friend's perspective, remember, everyone is right in their own eye. you didnt hear the Pastor's side of the story, did you?

What's his own story, he is the owner of the company, the client has paid him & he had refused to pay his workers

you claiming he lied based on what your friend told you, for Pete's sake he may have called a cleaner or security man he knew working there, for it is against company standard t give information to "strangers" especially went money payments are involved.

My friend called his friend who is an accountant in the clients firm, who confirmed the pastors company had been paid

your friend... No matter how you see it, taking a microphone in church to complain about a debt and asking the congregants to join him beg their pastor to pay him is not justifiable in any way.

He didn't complain, it was testimony time & simply stated the facts, no commotion was caused, it was at that point, the visiting senior pastor told them(my friend & his crew) to see him after service

i'd be frustrated especially if i know the monies were held for no cogent reasons..but should that make me go to the church and announce that their pastor refuse paying me? of all sensible ways of getting the debt paid? aren't their elders in that church he could first complain to? aren't there christian bodies in that state hew could write to? did he pray about it? He should have gone to the press na! He did the job with the Pastor's company, NOT the church!

Excuse me, why did the pastor Barr them from entering the office complex.

A pastor that could lie to a senior pastor?

What then can the elder do who is under the pastor?

Excuse me, i have worked for 6momths & you refuse to pay me, you want me to write to Christian bodies & pray? Wow

Did he threaten to sack your friend? this is a new detail o

He didn't, I only used that to buttress what's happening in other circles

for disregarding the presence of God in the gathering of brethren. If the governor was sitting there in the congregation, would he have gone to the front with a microphone to announce the said debt? He can't... He'd not dare.

Yes he would have!! Gods presence was not disregarded, it was the pastor that disregarded the house of God.

1 Like

Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by Image123(m): 1:31pm On Sep 25, 2014
LambanoPeace: WinsomeX, rather than answer the OP, you went an the usual essays, finally attempting the OP... when would you understand that long gists in a forum like this is not sellable? undecided

Yet i think i recall his alter ego drumb, telling Gombs that he had outgrown that style of writing, whatever that means.
Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by WinsomeX: 2:28pm On Sep 25, 2014
LambanoPeace: WinsomeX, rather than answer the OP, you went an the usual essays, finally attempting the OP...

Apparently you have some challenge with comprehending English. You may either re read my posts again to understand me better or revisit secondary school. Either of them will help your challenge.

LambanoPeace: WinsomeX... when would you understand that long gists in a forum like this is not sellable? undecided

Because I am not like you and your friends who peddle the word of God for profit.

1 Like

Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by Gombs(m): 4:20pm On Sep 25, 2014
[quote author=nannymcphee]

I'm amazed at your response! My friend tried all avenue to get across to the pastor but could not, they were bared from entering the office complex, that's why he chose that extreme step

Was the above justifiable in your honest opinion?

There is no glitch, the company is a small company owned by the pastor

Exactly, he did no business with the church, but the pastor, why the show in the church? If he wanted to sue, who would your friend has sued? The church or the company?

What's his own story, he is the owner of the company, the client has paid him & he had refused to pay his workers

You see? You did not even care about his point of view, you are the judge and jury in your friend's case, convicting the defence cousel who you didn’t hear his side of the story. You passed judgement based on the story of the persecution cousel. Wonderful!

My friend called his friend who is an accountant in the clients firm, who confirmed the pastors company had been paid

You already had contradictory claims, new details makes it awry.

He didn't complain, it was testimony time & simply stated the facts, no commotion was caused, it was at that point, the visiting senior pastor told them(my friend & his crew) to see him after service

He didn't complain? What did he do? Preach? Exhort? Inspire? But anyways, you didn't say, if GEJ was sitting in that church that day, would your friend have dared?

Excuse me, why did the pastor Barr them from entering the office complex.

Ma'am, your judgement is clouded, your standpoint is what your friend told you, nothing else. Okay, were you there when the barr instructions were given? Or you went there with him and both of you were barred?

A pastor that could lie to a senior pastor?

Your opinion

What then can the elder do who is under the pastor?

Speak to te pastor on the claims of another fellow, if the pastor denies it or declines an explanation, it is on book your friend sought help from the church to persuade the pastor, and the pastor declined.

Excuse me, i have worked for 6momths & you refuse to pay me, you want me to write to Christian bodies & pray? Wow

So? Well, Next time, tell your friend to take the SWAT team along.

He didn't, I only used that to buttress what's happening in other circles

Yeah, right!

Yes he would have!! Gods presence was not disregarded, it was the pastor that disregarded the house of God.

You've not been in same room or hall with dignitaries obviously! God’s presence was not disregarded shey? Ok o

1 Like

Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by Gombs(m): 4:22pm On Sep 25, 2014
Image123:

Yet i think i recall his alter ego drumb, telling Gombs that he had outgrown that style of writing, whatever that means.

There's a word for such fellas.... someone mremind me please!
Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by nannymcphee(f): 5:02pm On Sep 25, 2014
nannymcphee: 1peter 2:23

Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously

the verse above is talking about Jesus

Luke23:33-34

33 And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand, and the other on the left.
34Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

Acts7:59-60

59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.
60And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.

Luke9:54-56

54 And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?
55 But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.
56 For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them
.And they went to another village.

The verses above shows the New Testament practice, where then do we get the present day practice of calling fire & brimestone on those that criticize ministers ?

those that use the story of Miriam or the prophet who command wild beast to devour those kids or even Ananias & sapphira seems to forget that we are in a dispensation of grace & mercy.

If peter had informed sapphira about her husbands demise, before he spoke, she would have told the truth & her life would have been spared. Christians today do worse than what Ananias did & nothing happens to them.

maybe I'm getting it wrong, but seeing the pattern Jesus laid & with verses I listed above, I ask again why do Christians lay curses on folks who criticizes ministers or even insult them?

Still waiting for answers to this
Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by Gombs(m): 8:10pm On Sep 25, 2014
nannymcphee:

Still waiting for answers to this

I didn't bother ma'am... in all those, Jesus was reported not firing back or threatening or such. How many times have you seen T. B. Joshua, Oyedepo, Oyakhilome, Hinn, Copeland, etc... how many times have they threatened their accusers or rained brimstones on them?

Furnish me with examples if you have any.

I'm anticipating someone asking 'so Jesus and Those you mentioned are now same' or 'so, they are your Jesus now?'

1 Like

Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by nannymcphee(f): 11:17pm On Sep 25, 2014
Gombs:

I didn't bother ma'am... in all those, Jesus was reported not firing back or threatening or such. How many times have you seen T. B. Joshua, Oyedepo, Oyakhilome, Hinn, Copeland, etc... how many times have they threatened their accusers or rained brimstones on them?

Furnish me with examples if you have any.

I'm anticipating someone asking 'so Jesus and Those you mentioned are now same' or 'so, they are your Jesus now?'

I told you before, no mentioning of names!!

Are you telling me present day Christians don't lay curses on those who speak ill of christain ministers?

1 Like

Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by Gombs(m): 6:11am On Sep 26, 2014
nannymcphee:

I told you before, no mentioning of names!!

Sorry Ma'am

Are you telling me present day Christians don't lay curses on those who speak ill of christain ministers?

That's their level of knowledge, mature sons don't. Meanwhile if you insult minsters of the gospel for whatever reason, you walk in a curse, not that God cursed you, you walk out of blessings with/by your words and/or actions.
Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by nannymcphee(f): 7:49am On Sep 26, 2014
Gombs:

Sorry Ma'am

That's their level of knowledge, mature sons don't. Meanwhile if you insult minsters of the gospel for whatever reason, you walk in a curse, not that God cursed you, you walk out of blessings with/by your words and/or actions.

You just did the same thing now, just that yours is subtle.

The verses I mentioned to u, did u see where curses where mentioned!!

1 Like

Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by Candour(m): 8:56am On Sep 26, 2014
Gombs:

Sorry Ma'am

This means you're very immature because see you purporting to 'curse' somebody on another thread

Gombs: Point for me in the OP where he said she is no longer a woman of God...if not, and if u can't, I curse you!

https://www.nairaland.com/1892171/pastor-chris-oyakhilome-addresses-whole/22#26156679

And you persisted in the immaturity even after numerous corrections from well meaning individuals.

This is without prejudice to the fact that your curse or any so called mog's curse on any christian is a futile exercise of the vocal cavity and empty rambling from the pit of self delusion. If you're an Eze nmuo or your mog is, let us know for that is another discussion.

3 Likes

Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by Tgirl4real(f): 9:18am On Sep 26, 2014
Candour:

This means you're very immature because see you purporting to 'curse' somebody on another thread

https://www.nairaland.com/1892171/pastor-chris-oyakhilome-addresses-whole/22#26156679

And you persisted in the immaturity even after numerous corrections from well meaning individuals.

This is without prejudice to the fact that your curse or any so called mog's curse on any christian is a futile exercise of the vocal cavity and empty rambling from the pit of self delusion. If you're an Eze nmuo or your mog is, let us know for that is another discussion.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Hate The Devil And So Should You. / Is Tb Joshua Real? / Amazing Testimony Of Heaven, Hell And Todays Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.