Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,460 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Anger Worldwide As The New Iphone 6 Plus Bend In Users' Pocket - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Anger Worldwide As The New Iphone 6 Plus Bend In Users' Pocket (4050 Views)

Glo Unveils New Pocket-friendly Data Packages. / Post Your Funny Iphone 6 Plus Bend Gate Pictures Memes / ‘iPhone 5S': Photos Of New iPhone Surfaces (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anger Worldwide As The New Iphone 6 Plus Bend In Users' Pocket by xtervaganza(m): 12:22pm On Sep 24, 2014
Owners of the new iPhone 6 Plus have been left angered as it emerged the phone can bend out of shape simply when stored in a pocket.

Since the new model launched on Friday, a small but growing number of iPhone 6 Plus owners have reported the issue that significantly alters the appearance of the phone.

The problem, dubbed 'bend gate' by some on social media sites, is due to the phone's thin aluminium exterior - but can be solved by ensuring the middle of the phone is not subjected to a large force.

It is believed the thinner model, in addition to the use of aluminium metal in its design, causes the phone to deform.

MacRumors detailed on Tuesday that 'a small but growing number of iPhone 6 Plus owners have reportedly bent their phones after carrying the devices in their pockets just days after launch'.

One forum user known as 'hanzoh' claimed his iPhone 6 plus was 'slightly bent' after he drove with the device in his pocket

'The 6 Plus was about 18 hours in my pocket while sitting mostly,' Hanzoh said.

'As I lay it on the coffee table and sat down on the couch to relax from the drive, I saw the reflection of the window in the iPhones slightly distorted.'

And he said when laid flat, a bend in the phones display can clearly be seen.

It has been reported that the thinner design of the 5.5-inch phone and the use of aluminum on the frame will cause the new iPhone 6 Plus (pictured) to bend if pressure is applied

Hanzoh questioned whether the new 5.5-inch design was 'too thin'.

The bendy feature of the new iPhone has also been met with wide criticism on social media. Others hashtagged 'bendgate' as they poked fun at the defect.

One user wrote: '@tim_cook hi Tim, I absolutely love my new iPhone 6 Plus!! My favorite feature is the flexible display.' 

However this isn't the first time iPhone frames have warped while the issue isn't unique to Apple, Mashable reports.

It was further mentioned the thinner design and the use of aluminum on the frame causes the phone to misshape if pressure is applied.

1 Like

Re: Anger Worldwide As The New Iphone 6 Plus Bend In Users' Pocket by morefire: 12:24pm On Sep 24, 2014
xtervaganza: Owners of the new iPhone 6 Plus have been left angered as it emerged the phone can bend out of shape simply when stored in a pocket.

Since the new model launched on Friday, a small but growing number of iPhone 6 Plus owners have reported the issue that significantly alters the appearance of the phone.

The problem, dubbed 'bend gate' by some on social media sites, is due to the phone's thin aluminium exterior - but can be solved by ensuring the middle of the phone is not subjected to a large force.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA NA LIE JARE

It is believed the thinner model, in addition to the use of aluminium metal in its design, causes the phone to deform.

MacRumors detailed on Tuesday that 'a small but growing number of iPhone 6 Plus owners have reportedly bent their phones after carrying the devices in their pockets just days after launch'.

One forum user known as 'hanzoh' claimed his iPhone 6 plus was 'slightly bent' after he drove with the device in his pocket

Re: Anger Worldwide As The New Iphone 6 Plus Bend In Users' Pocket by xtervaganza(m): 12:29pm On Sep 24, 2014
Here's to the isheeps and team pishor or adonbilivit team........

here you go

1 Like

Re: Anger Worldwide As The New Iphone 6 Plus Bend In Users' Pocket by xtervaganza(m): 12:30pm On Sep 24, 2014
[quote author=morefire][/quote]no be lie, my person
Re: Anger Worldwide As The New Iphone 6 Plus Bend In Users' Pocket by xtervaganza(m): 12:31pm On Sep 24, 2014
Another picture

you can search for it on YouTube too for more tori

don't waste your money on icrap oooo!

Re: Anger Worldwide As The New Iphone 6 Plus Bend In Users' Pocket by armadeo(m): 5:07pm On Sep 24, 2014
Interesting. I can't help but wonder what these new phones do that the ol android can't. I browse, get mails, chat, read documents, books, print from it etc on mine so why do I want another one.

Maybe there's something am missing! undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Anger Worldwide As The New Iphone 6 Plus Bend In Users' Pocket by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 24, 2014
armadeo: Interesting. I can't help but wonder what these new phones do that the ol android can't. I browse, get mails, chat, read documents, books, print from it etc on mine so why do I want another one.

Its like asking; What does Range Rover 2014 do that G63 AMG Mercedes can not do. These are just status symbols. Nothing more.

4 Likes

Re: Anger Worldwide As The New Iphone 6 Plus Bend In Users' Pocket by Nobody: 6:42pm On Sep 24, 2014
iPhone users lobatan... a big gbaguans for them

1 Like

Re: Anger Worldwide As The New Iphone 6 Plus Bend In Users' Pocket by mercielizzie(f): 7:17pm On Sep 24, 2014
Ontop d 2 plot of land dey suppose buy!!!

3 Likes

Re: Anger Worldwide As The New Iphone 6 Plus Bend In Users' Pocket by Raypawer(m): 7:37pm On Sep 24, 2014
cheesy

Team Android....

dem never Vex!!!

dry iPhone!

3 Likes

Re: Anger Worldwide As The New Iphone 6 Plus Bend In Users' Pocket by fr3do(m): 8:06pm On Sep 24, 2014
Then bend it in the opposite direction, e go straighten.

8 Likes

Re: Anger Worldwide As The New Iphone 6 Plus Bend In Users' Pocket by miqos02(m): 8:49pm On Sep 24, 2014
eeeyaaaa. money don burn

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anger Worldwide As The New Iphone 6 Plus Bend In Users' Pocket by IAMBREEZY: 8:51pm On Sep 24, 2014
it's true,i'm no longer buying the phone

1 Like

Re: Anger Worldwide As The New Iphone 6 Plus Bend In Users' Pocket by 100Cents: 9:54pm On Sep 24, 2014
Wow bendable skin..
Re: Anger Worldwide As The New Iphone 6 Plus Bend In Users' Pocket by Mcbussy(m): 11:05pm On Sep 24, 2014
Apple ....defrauding goons since 857BC grin cry

2 Likes

Re: Anger Worldwide As The New Iphone 6 Plus Bend In Users' Pocket by haryomikun(m): 11:17pm On Sep 24, 2014
Raypawer: cheesy

Team Android....

dem never Vex!!!

dry iPhone!
Android and Iphone.... Not a fair comparison
Iphone > Android
Re: Anger Worldwide As The New Iphone 6 Plus Bend In Users' Pocket by Mcbussy(m): 12:39am On Sep 25, 2014
haryomikun:
Iphone > Android

Indeed undecided ....that's why android controls up to 70% of smartphone market share,while apple keeps correcting mistakes on iphone and other iOS products everyday :

http://www.forbes.com/sites/amitchowdhry/2014/09/24/apple-pulls-ios-8-0-1-update-due-to-issues-with-dropped-calls/

Keep building the company with ur hard earned income,even when ur not getting value for money.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anger Worldwide As The New Iphone 6 Plus Bend In Users' Pocket by Francheezy(m): 12:58am On Sep 25, 2014
fr3do: Then bend it in the opposite direction, e go straighten.

no the Screen will Crack

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anger Worldwide As The New Iphone 6 Plus Bend In Users' Pocket by GeneralJ(m): 3:03am On Sep 25, 2014
will an android bend?, i don't get the big deal
Re: Anger Worldwide As The New Iphone 6 Plus Bend In Users' Pocket by seunfly: 5:43am On Sep 25, 2014
That is human 4 you, they do things with sentiment rather than fact. Just because it was Iphone, no complain but if it was unknown name the company would have been dead by now.

3 Likes

Re: Anger Worldwide As The New Iphone 6 Plus Bend In Users' Pocket by econome(m): 6:10am On Sep 25, 2014
IAMBREEZY: it's true,i'm no longer buying the phone
You sure say you wan buy before??
Re: Anger Worldwide As The New Iphone 6 Plus Bend In Users' Pocket by rotwailler(m): 7:21am On Sep 25, 2014
MTN Bundle plans

250mb....300
500mb.....600
1gig.....1200
10gig....12,000

whatsapp me on 07066586998
Re: Anger Worldwide As The New Iphone 6 Plus Bend In Users' Pocket by simdam500(m): 7:28am On Sep 25, 2014
armadeo: Interesting. I can't help but wonder what these new phones do that the ol android can't. I browse, get mails, chat, read documents, books, print from it etc on mine so why do I want another one.

the apple logo wink

1 Like

Re: Anger Worldwide As The New Iphone 6 Plus Bend In Users' Pocket by Ayomi088(m): 7:35am On Sep 25, 2014
grin cheesy

Meanwhile, there is Affordable MTN data on offer.....https://www.nairaland.com/1856717/affordable-mtn-data-offer-300

Hop in to find out
Re: Anger Worldwide As The New Iphone 6 Plus Bend In Users' Pocket by roufy235(m): 7:52am On Sep 25, 2014
good for them
Re: Anger Worldwide As The New Iphone 6 Plus Bend In Users' Pocket by mikkyphp(m): 8:15am On Sep 25, 2014
Apple, scamming people since 1975
Re: Anger Worldwide As The New Iphone 6 Plus Bend In Users' Pocket by IAMBREEZY: 8:16am On Sep 25, 2014
econome:
You sure say you wan buy before??
Re: Anger Worldwide As The New Iphone 6 Plus Bend In Users' Pocket by Raypawer(m): 8:35am On Sep 25, 2014
haryomikun:
Iphone > Android

am not arguing with u but prove your point. .

list reasons why u say so... b4 u can make it a FACT!

1 Like

Re: Anger Worldwide As The New Iphone 6 Plus Bend In Users' Pocket by fauve: 9:02am On Sep 25, 2014
Some nice phones you'll like are available. Click here to see their pictures and prices. Free home delivery and you Pay on delivery
Re: Anger Worldwide As The New Iphone 6 Plus Bend In Users' Pocket by DenzelDaniel(m): 9:20am On Sep 25, 2014
Law suit on Gtbank/CSO by Iyedoh Daniel seeking justice for defamation of character, assault,and infringement on human right was held at the justice Aneke court in the federal high court ikoyi, lagos on the 22nd september.2014 with all parties present and duly represented.Judgement was adjourned for the 1st of december 2014
Re: Anger Worldwide As The New Iphone 6 Plus Bend In Users' Pocket by hulkhiharitoz(m): 10:11am On Sep 25, 2014
#BringbackourSTEVEJOBS

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rate This Glo 3G Speed (photo) / Brand New Xiamoni Mi 8 4gb Ram 64gb Ram / Budget Of 70k - 80k For New Phone Advise Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.