Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,626 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Photos:Emir Of Kano Visits Alaafin Of Oyo,sanusi Bows ToGreet Oba Lamidi Adeyemi - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Photos:Emir Of Kano Visits Alaafin Of Oyo,sanusi Bows ToGreet Oba Lamidi Adeyemi (11124 Views)

Alaafin Of Oyo, Adeyemi In Brazil With His Wives (Photos) / Adeyeye Ogunwusi Visits Alaafin Of Oyo / Alaafin Of Oyo Celebrates His 77th Birthday With Youngest Wife (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos:Emir Of Kano Visits Alaafin Of Oyo,sanusi Bows ToGreet Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by topsyking: 7:16pm On Sep 24, 2014
The highly respected Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi, is back from his special vacation abroad and has since returned to his traditional duties.
He received the Emir of Kano, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi in his place recently and the popular Emir Sanusi, as a sign of humility, bow down to greet Alaafin.
The Emir went to the Yoruba royal palace as a simple man. Check out all the photos:The Emir of Kano was a recent guest at the palace of Oyo’s top Royal father, Alaafin of Oyo.

Last week, Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi paid a courtesy visit to the palace of Oba Lamidi Adeyemi III.

The popular Emir was spotted without his turban during the visit.

As a sign of humility, Sanusi went on his knees to greet His Imperial Majesty while paying homage to him.
http://whispernigeria.net/photos-emir-kano-visits-alaafin-oyo-sanusi-bows-greet-oba-lamidi-adeyemi/

Just like any other visitors would do, Sanusi also signed a visitors log book.

See more photos of the Emir of Kano at Alaafin of Oyo‘s ancient palace below

Re: Photos:Emir Of Kano Visits Alaafin Of Oyo,sanusi Bows ToGreet Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by naturally: 7:18pm On Sep 24, 2014
Oba ju oba lo

2 Likes

Re: Photos:Emir Of Kano Visits Alaafin Of Oyo,sanusi Bows ToGreet Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 7:19pm On Sep 24, 2014
hahahah! Political Emir! grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Photos:Emir Of Kano Visits Alaafin Of Oyo,sanusi Bows ToGreet Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by topsyking: 7:20pm On Sep 24, 2014
more pics

Re: Photos:Emir Of Kano Visits Alaafin Of Oyo,sanusi Bows ToGreet Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by Nobody: 7:21pm On Sep 24, 2014
why didn't he sit on a bench, stool or mat just like other visitors?

2 Likes

Re: Photos:Emir Of Kano Visits Alaafin Of Oyo,sanusi Bows ToGreet Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by tit(f): 7:22pm On Sep 24, 2014
so them dash am that princess
as a welcome gift?

Dan duri!
Sanusi too like woman!
Re: Photos:Emir Of Kano Visits Alaafin Of Oyo,sanusi Bows ToGreet Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 7:23pm On Sep 24, 2014
Chimax15: why didn't he sit on a bench, stool or mat just like other visitors?

Better yet the floor, like the house boys that congregate with him. arrant nonsense!

No place for this ancient regressive institution in this modern age. An institution dat cannot guarantee our safety.

The minute Norther Elders, Emir AND Sultan could not call the Northern youth to order, their relevance became downgrade.

All we need is the Federal system of governance, all others aside.

1 Like

Re: Photos:Emir Of Kano Visits Alaafin Of Oyo,sanusi Bows ToGreet Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by tit(f): 7:23pm On Sep 24, 2014
Alaffin is bad gaan!
He is seating on a golden throne!
Is it the abacha money he take buy am
or the money from the slave trade?

This is Musiwa is angry with them.
They sold all our brothers as slaves to america
so they can buy golden thrones and mirrors.
The ones they did not sell to America they dash them through Afonja to Amir of Kano and the arabs.
It is very bad!

That is why they chase Musiwa from the throne
and Britain called Western Nigeria the Slave Coast.

3 Likes

Re: Photos:Emir Of Kano Visits Alaafin Of Oyo,sanusi Bows ToGreet Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 24, 2014
Bliss4Lyfe:

Better yet the floor, like the house boys that congregate with him. arrant nonsense!

No place for this ancient regressive institution in this modern age. An institution dat cannot guarantee our safety.

The minute Norther Elders, Emir AND Sultan could not call the Northern youth to order, their relevance became downgrade.

All we need is the Federal system of governance, all others aside.
I concur
Re: Photos:Emir Of Kano Visits Alaafin Of Oyo,sanusi Bows ToGreet Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by martins0: 7:30pm On Sep 24, 2014
That's some humility am seeing there.

2 Likes

Re: Photos:Emir Of Kano Visits Alaafin Of Oyo,sanusi Bows ToGreet Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by Firefire(m): 7:35pm On Sep 24, 2014
ALAYELUA ALASE EKEJI ORISA grin

Kaaaaabieeesi oooooooooooooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos:Emir Of Kano Visits Alaafin Of Oyo,sanusi Bows ToGreet Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by quinnboy: 7:37pm On Sep 24, 2014
I personally love Sanisi Lamido Sanusi for his humility.

3 Likes

Re: Photos:Emir Of Kano Visits Alaafin Of Oyo,sanusi Bows ToGreet Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by aderonila18: 7:39pm On Sep 24, 2014
It's normal that he'll bow for him, the Oba is older than him and he's respecting the Yoruba culture. Although I don't think he would have greeted him that way if he was wearing his full regalia because that may be against it for example a Yoruba Oba with his crown on mustn't bow for another person. So I guess because he's dresses normally

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos:Emir Of Kano Visits Alaafin Of Oyo,sanusi Bows ToGreet Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by Firefire(m): 7:40pm On Sep 24, 2014
naturally: Oba ju oba lo

Ijoye ju ijoye lọ, laafin. no be small thing. Long Live the Alaafin of Oyo tongue

1 Like

Re: Photos:Emir Of Kano Visits Alaafin Of Oyo,sanusi Bows ToGreet Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by drkay(m): 7:41pm On Sep 24, 2014
Alaafin Oyo, oba to le gbe oba min( A king that can swallow another king). Iku baba yeye.
Re: Photos:Emir Of Kano Visits Alaafin Of Oyo,sanusi Bows ToGreet Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by topsyking: 7:46pm On Sep 24, 2014
what a show of respect.. the only tribe i respect in this great country are the yorubas and hausas.. very cultured and normal tribe.

4 Likes

Re: Photos:Emir Of Kano Visits Alaafin Of Oyo,sanusi Bows ToGreet Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by boneruns(m): 7:50pm On Sep 24, 2014
I don't think this picture was gotten when Sanusi became a king. Probably when he was still a CBN Governor.

An Emir has a special regalia he wears. This can't be true.

13 Likes

Re: Photos:Emir Of Kano Visits Alaafin Of Oyo,sanusi Bows ToGreet Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by manny4life(m): 7:54pm On Sep 24, 2014
boneruns: I don't think this picture was gotten when Sanusi became a king. Probably when he was still a CBN Governor.

Exactly!
Re: Photos:Emir Of Kano Visits Alaafin Of Oyo,sanusi Bows ToGreet Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by Calculia: 7:54pm On Sep 24, 2014
topsyking: what a show of respect.. the only tribe i respect in this great country are the yorubas and hausas.. very cultured and normal tribe.

Dat is why u two need to get a room! Pardon my French, I mean become a country so the SS and SE will no longer use the term parasite on your tribes.

2 Likes

Re: Photos:Emir Of Kano Visits Alaafin Of Oyo,sanusi Bows ToGreet Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by quiverfull(m): 8:16pm On Sep 24, 2014
No "king" bows to another "king"...no matter how older the one may be than the other. This pictures were obviously taken before Sanusi became the Emir of Kano. He can't even go anywhere now without wearing the Emir's robe and holding his staff.

3 Likes

Re: Photos:Emir Of Kano Visits Alaafin Of Oyo,sanusi Bows ToGreet Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by sayusuf(m): 8:35pm On Sep 24, 2014
U can never se emir of kano without his turban. Thats not emir of kano, but CBN governor.

2 Likes

Re: Photos:Emir Of Kano Visits Alaafin Of Oyo,sanusi Bows ToGreet Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by topsyking: 8:54pm On Sep 24, 2014
sayusuf: U can never se emir of kano without his turban. Thats not emir of kano, but CBN governor.
says who... keep decieving urself.. the pics is recent.. grin grin
Re: Photos:Emir Of Kano Visits Alaafin Of Oyo,sanusi Bows ToGreet Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by Ladex2012: 8:55pm On Sep 24, 2014
Oga ooo me and emir wearing same gucci shoes... emir toh gbayi
Re: Photos:Emir Of Kano Visits Alaafin Of Oyo,sanusi Bows ToGreet Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by Reptyle(m): 9:01pm On Sep 24, 2014
OP, this is obviously an old picture taken before SLS became emir.
Re: Photos:Emir Of Kano Visits Alaafin Of Oyo,sanusi Bows ToGreet Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by OCTAVO: 9:25pm On Sep 24, 2014
wink
Re: Photos:Emir Of Kano Visits Alaafin Of Oyo,sanusi Bows ToGreet Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by musiwa95: 9:30pm On Sep 24, 2014
angry grin embarassed

[b][size=18pt]His Royal Highness

D Ade. Ade. Ade. Ade AdeMusiwa

House of Oduduwa
Emperor of Independent country of the Kingdom of Western Nigeria ( by International law)

In Yoruba culture , no human is allowed to touch my head those day.

Oba or Obale ,they are representative of Emperor

The hierarchy of Ranking is

1. Emperor
2. Oba
3. bale

The word Oba or Obale, means the representative of the emperor.
Alafin is an Oba, not an Emperor.
My great grand father Install Oba Adeyemi great grand father.. as Alafin of oyo, and also install the olu of Ibadan, Oba of lagos, ooni of ile ife , oba of benin etc.

You can see, in Oyo state , there are many obas.. so you can see, how many empire oyo state would have had in history if the story was the truth. You see, if you take ekiti state for example..now, they are confuse. ekiti is not a people. what happen was they created a province and called it ekiti, after the mountain. The people started calling themself Ekiti people. It is the same thing for ijesha , ijebu etc.. Just like Osun state was created and the people started calling themself osun.. In future the people of osun state will see themself as osun like ekiti people are now.

Iba of Kisi,
Onjo of Okeho
Okere of Saki
Sabiganna of Iganna
Olokaka of Okaka
Onigbeti of Igbeti
Oniware of Iware
Aresa- Adu of Iresadu
Oloje of Oje-Owode.
Olubadan of Ibadanland
Soun of Ogbomoso
Alaafin of Oyo.
, Alaawe of Aawe.
Alayiede of Aiyede.
Olugbon of Orile Igbon.
lufon of Sepeteri

Why is Emperor Ademusiwa the Emperor of Western Nigeria. every Oba in Independent country of kingdom of Western Nigeria is only a representative of the Emperor. Occupation of Independent country of kingdom of Western Nigeria is why we change our name from Ademusiwa to musiwa for security reason. because occupation is illegal. And for 50 years we could not fight the issue because the north will not let go of power..

even some oba does not know their history.

Many nigeria dont get it. It is two separate countries.

I know it is hard for you to believe why, would I who look younger than all of them be the Emperor, It is just the culture of the people. It has nothing to do with my age. My family install the oba of lagos, oolu of Ibadan , alafin of oyo, ooni of ile ife, oba of benin etc for century.

that why you see me answer question online..

You can look at my name...

You can look at the video, of the Queen of Uk inauguration of the federal court in lagos. You will see, NO Nigerian other than people of the country of Independent Kingdom Of Western Nigeria attending it. Only one man was not from country of Independent Kingdom Of Western Nigeria apart from white people. You can see, no Azikiwe or balewa was in the film. Or do you see any northerner or Igbo in it. No.
because the country of Independent Kingdom Of Western Nigeria is different from Nigeria.
[/size][/b]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tlDZnRorZ8

2 Likes

Re: Photos:Emir Of Kano Visits Alaafin Of Oyo,sanusi Bows ToGreet Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by folarintyrese: 9:31pm On Sep 24, 2014
@Calculia, it's quite shameful and embarrasing to see you(South east) forcing yourself(SE) on South South people. Ole!!!!! Talk for your God forsaken South east alone.

I actually thought that you guys have learnt from your past mistake and covetousness but it seems to me that you guys r ready to make d same mistake again by attaching south south to south east. It ll bite you real bad dis time around, trust me.

I hope you guys have now realised that we are not in this same class. In d last 3 months, both North and south south people have sent their emissaries to ask for alliance with Yoruba Nation. Just this singular action from Sanusi has shown/proven how much Yorubas are respected by the same people you Muckins tried to portrayed as our Masters here on Nairaland. Have you ever seen where a Master bow down for his/her subjects/slaves? I guess your answer would be No. Lol!!!! You guys r finished.......

Just few months ago, d south south people sent their emissaries/representatives to form alliance with Yoruba Nation and this proposal is being considered. However, allow South South people to determine their own destiny. If you ask me as a Yoruba man, we don't need them to prosper as a Nation.

1 Like

Re: Photos:Emir Of Kano Visits Alaafin Of Oyo,sanusi Bows ToGreet Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by Nobody: 9:40pm On Sep 24, 2014
Abomination, even the Deji of Akure Land will not bow to him.

1 Like

Re: Photos:Emir Of Kano Visits Alaafin Of Oyo,sanusi Bows ToGreet Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by Lucasbalo(m): 9:54pm On Sep 24, 2014
boneruns: I don't think this picture was gotten when Sanusi became a king. Probably when he was still a CBN Governor.

Gbam.
Re: Photos:Emir Of Kano Visits Alaafin Of Oyo,sanusi Bows ToGreet Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by Omololu007(m): 9:54pm On Sep 24, 2014
Calculia:

Dat is why u two need to get a room! Pardon my French, I mean become a country so the SS and SE will no longer use the term parasite on your tribes.
so for ur mind u fink d SS dont see u guys as parasite..LOL,,show me a state in d south east dat is contributin to d federation acct as lagoso state,,i will also lov it if u igbos can go ur way,cox u parasite are everywhere

3 Likes

Re: Photos:Emir Of Kano Visits Alaafin Of Oyo,sanusi Bows ToGreet Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by amiskurie(m): 10:21pm On Sep 24, 2014
Chair looks like spaceship grin

Cool pix!

1 Like

Re: Photos:Emir Of Kano Visits Alaafin Of Oyo,sanusi Bows ToGreet Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by topsyking: 11:25pm On Sep 24, 2014
musiwa95: angry grin embarassed

[b][size=18pt]His Royal Highness

D Ade. Ade. Ade. Ade AdeMusiwa

House of Oduduwa
Emperor of Independent country of the Kingdom of Western Nigeria ( by International law)

In Yoruba culture , no human is allowed to touch my head those day.

Oba or Obale ,they are representative of Emperor

The hierarchy of Ranking is

1. Emperor
2. Oba
3. bale

The word Oba or Obale, means the representative of the emperor.

My great grand father Install Oba Adeyemi great grand father.. as Alafin of oyo, and also install the olu of Ibadan, Oba of lagos, ooni of ile ife etc.

You can see, in Oyo state , there are many obas.. so you can see, how many empire oyo state would have had in history if the story was the truth. You see, if you take ekiti state for example..now, they are confuse. ekiti is not a people. what happen was they created a province and called it ekiti, after the mountain. The people started calling themself Ekiti people. It is the same thing for ijesha , ijebu etc.. Just like Osun state was created and the people started calling themself osun.. In future the people of osun state will see themself as osun like ekiti people are now.

Iba of Kisi,
Onjo of Okeho
Okere of Saki
Sabiganna of Iganna
Olokaka of Okaka
Onigbeti of Igbeti
Oniware of Iware
Aresa- Adu of Iresadu
Oloje of Oje-Owode.
Olubadan of Ibadanland
Soun of Ogbomoso
Alaafin of Oyo.
, Alaawe of Aawe.
Alayiede of Aiyede.
Olugbon of Orile Igbon.
lufon of Sepeteri

Why is Emperor Ademusiwa the Emperor of Western Nigeria. every Oba in Independent country of kingdom of Western Nigeria is only a representative of the Emperor. Occupation of Independent country of kingdom of Western Nigeria is why we change our name from Ademusiwa to musiwa for security reason. because occupation is illegal. And for 50 years we could not fight the issue because the north will not let go of power..

even some oba does not know their history.

Many nigeria dont get it. It is two separate country.

I know it is hard for you to believe why, would I who look younger than all of them be the Emperor, It is just the culture of the people. It has nothing to do with my age. My family install the oba of lagos, oolu of Ibadan , alafin of oyo, ooni of ile ife, oba of benin etc for century.

that why you see me answer question online..

You can look at my name...

You can look at the video, of the Queen of Uk inauguration of the federal court in lagos. You will see, NO Nigerian other then people of the country of Independent Kingdom Of Western Nigeria attending it. Only one man was not from country of Independent Kingdom Of Western Nigeria apart from white people. You can see, no Azikiwe or balewa was in the film. Or do you see any northerner or Igbo in it. No.
because the country of Independent Kingdom Of Western Nigeria is different from Nigeria.
[/size][/b]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tlDZnRorZ8
who is this.. what are u talking about

(1) (2) (Reply)

Maps Of Kingdoms, Peoples, States, And Cities In Africa Through Time / Ever Witnessed A Witch Confessing? / Arewa People Come In Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.