Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,001 members, 7,866,792 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 05:09 AM

Newly Admitted Futa Student - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Newly Admitted Futa Student (1477 Views)

FUTA Student Who Was Reported Missing Found. See What Happened. Photos / FUTA Student, Chinwe Ugoh-Vivian Missing / Federal University Of Technology Akure(futa) 2014/2015 Admission Session (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Newly Admitted Futa Student by orimsamsam(m): 8:00pm On Sep 24, 2014
Just got admitted into futa and i Want this trend to be a place Were neWly admitted futa student can meet. Chat and share latest information
Re: Newly Admitted Futa Student by doctorgold(m): 12:48am On Sep 25, 2014
Congrats. Feel free to experience the many sides of FUTA. What's your department?
Re: Newly Admitted Futa Student by orimsamsam(m): 12:28pm On Sep 25, 2014
doctorgold: Congrats. Feel free to experience the many sides of FUTA. What's your department?
.applied geology and r a student of futa
Re: Newly Admitted Futa Student by doctorgold(m): 2:24pm On Sep 25, 2014
Ok. Congrats again. Am sure you will enjoy FUTA. As for your question, no. I graduated from FUTA some years back.
Re: Newly Admitted Futa Student by orimsamsam(m): 9:59pm On Sep 25, 2014
doctorgold: Ok. Congrats again. Am sure you will enjoy FUTA. As for your question, no. I graduated from FUTA some years back.
. What course and can u tell me abt futa
Re: Newly Admitted Futa Student by tabcHris(f): 1:27am On Sep 26, 2014
orimsamsam: .applied geology and r a student of futa
welcome to futa am also a geology student,but not a fresher
Re: Newly Admitted Futa Student by doctorgold(m): 10:13am On Sep 26, 2014
orimsamsam: . What course and can u tell me abt futa
I studied Architecture. FUTA is just like every other higher institution in nigeria. Everyone in any other university will claim that there university is the most stressful or the best. I believe that is a relative judgement. FUTA lifestyle is simple depending on how you want it. You find 75 percent of student populace seeking solace in religious activities. Social life is just picking up compared to schools like UNILAG and OAU. Unionism is relatively silent. FUTA students don't have the capacity to pull off protest stunts like OAU and the advantage we get from that is that most times, apart from ASUU strikes, FUTA usually runs a straight calender.
Now to academics which is your ultimate reason for being in school. FUTA needs you to study hard. They don't dash out marks. Make sure you attend lectures too. It helps. You will be required to take some courses that don't relate to geology at all, don't be discouraged. Have it at the back of your mind that you are not the first and you won't be the last person taking those courses. Such courses include engineering drawing MEE 101, workshop practice MEE 102, FORTRAN CSC201, general agriculture CSP 201. When taking general agriculture, you will be given a plot of land to farm on. Don't be afraid like I said earlier. Its their own way of building you to be self reliant. Wow! I have told you so much already but on a final note, I think you will need the likes of TABChris to help you find your feet in the department. FUTA is a good place to study except for the fact that what you will need 5 years to do in FUTA, you can do it in 4 years in conventional universities like OAU and UNILAG. Enjoy your stay bro.
Re: Newly Admitted Futa Student by orimsamsam(m): 12:01am On Sep 27, 2014
doctorgold:
I studied Architecture. FUTA is just like every other higher institution in nigeria. Everyone in any other university will claim that there university is the most stressful or the best. I believe that is a relative judgement. FUTA lifestyle is simple depending on how you want it. You find 75 percent of student populace seeking solace in religious activities. Social life is just picking up compared to schools like UNILAG and OAU. Unionism is relatively silent. FUTA students don't have the capacity to pull off protest stunts like OAU and the advantage we get from that is that most times, apart from ASUU strikes, FUTA usually runs a straight calender.
Now to academics which is your ultimate reason for being in school. FUTA needs you to study hard. They don't dash out marks. Make sure you attend lectures too. It helps. You will be required to take some courses that don't relate to geology at all, don't be discouraged. Have it at the back of your mind that you are not the first and you won't be the last person taking those courses. Such courses include engineering drawing MEE 101, workshop practice MEE 102, FORTRAN CSC201, general agriculture CSP 201. When taking general agriculture, you will be given a plot of land to farm on. Don't be afraid like I said earlier. Its their own way of building you to be self reliant. Wow! I have told you so much already but on a final note, I think you will need the likes of TABChris to help you find your feet in the department. FUTA is a good place to study except for the fact that what you will need 5 years to do in FUTA, you can do it in 4 years in conventional universities like OAU and UNILAG. Enjoy your stay bro.
. Tank bro

(1) (Reply)

I Need An Answer To This Riddle.. / ISTQB Online Training And Placement Assistance In Hingham / Educative, Entertaining And Inspirational Facts Around The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.