Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Amosun Appeals To FG Over Oil-rich Tongeji Island - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amosun Appeals To FG Over Oil-rich Tongeji Island (16865 Views)

Masked Witnesses Cannot Testify Against Kanu - Court To FG / Fayose To FG: Tell Nigerians Owners Of REMITA / Buhari Appeals To Nigerians For Enough Time To Deliver Promises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amosun Appeals To FG Over Oil-rich Tongeji Island by Johnnyessence(m): 10:45pm On Sep 24, 2014
Ogun State Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun,
has appealed to the Presidency to develop the
oil-rich Tongeji Island in the state to avoid
losing it to the Republic of Benin.
He said the skeletal naval base on the Island
could be expanded to ensure that the presence
of Nigerian government is felt better in the area,
to avoid a situation like that of Bakassi
Peninsula, which the country ended up losing to
Cameroon.
Amosun, who made the appeal gave this in
Ipokia, Ipokia Local Government Area during his
visit as part of his Assessment Tour of the 20
Local Government Areas of the state, said
Tongeji Island, has huge potentials of increasing
the nation’s economy and improving the
livelihood of the people.
He said, “Tongeji Island is of serious concern to
me. Each time I see President Goodluck
Jonathan, I call his attention to the need to as a
matter of urgency expand the naval presence on
the Island, which is rich in oil and other mineral
resources, so that it does not go the way of
Bakassi. If the Federal Government does not
register its presence on that region on time, I
pray we do not lose it to the neighbouring
Republic of Benin.
“This is an island that has the huge potential of
improving the nation’s economy and by
extension, the livelihood of the people of Ogun
State.”
The governor also said arrangements have been
concluded with a world class tourist outfit to
make Akere community in Ipokia Local
Government area, first of its kind tourist center in
Africa.
He said the state government would immediately
commence the construction of the 10km Ipokia-
Akere road, which leads into the Lagoon, adding
that the intention is to transform the community
into a tourism hub which it is originally designed
to be.
He said, “We have the longest seashore in this
country. One of the world’s tourist outfits have
done the designs and planning on all they want
to do here. The investors, who were looking for a
place that has sea view and seashore have
chosen Akere in this part of the state.
“They want to make Akere a totally new town.
They have done it in other parts of the world.
This is their first time in Africa and Nigeria.
“I’m trying to envision what Akere town would
be in the next three years. It would no doubt be
the number one destination of tourism in Nigeria.
“Without any delay, I have directed the
immediate construction of Ipokia-Akere road and
Agosasa-Ijofin road respectively as well as a
bridge before Agosasa to further open up the
Local Government Area and fulfill the promise of
constructing two rural roads in each Local
Government Area of the state.”
While commending the forebears for the initiative
to cite a large expanse of palm trees plantation
on both sides of the road to the riverine area, he
affirmed that the state government would as a
matter of urgency do the regeneration of the old
palms.
Governor Amosun assured that Ipokia Local
Government Area would be made to have two
Local Council Development Areas, pointing out
that one additional model school would be
constructed as a starting point to having a full
fledge higher institution.
Chairman, Ipokia Local Government Council, Mr.
Isiaka Wale Aderounmu, commended the
governor for his various development-oriented
projects spread across the state, thereby making
Ogun, a state to be reckoned with in the country. www.punchng.com/news/amosun-appeals-to-fg-over-oil-rich-tongeji-island/

9 Likes

Re: Amosun Appeals To FG Over Oil-rich Tongeji Island by Johnnyessence(m): 10:47pm On Sep 24, 2014
waoooo so Ogun too av oil reserve .

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amosun Appeals To FG Over Oil-rich Tongeji Island by F117A: 12:42am On Sep 25, 2014
And what is GEJ waiting for?
A kiss?
Expand that naval base,you dumb fucckk of a president.

32 Likes

Re: Amosun Appeals To FG Over Oil-rich Tongeji Island by Energito: 12:53am On Sep 25, 2014
F117A: And what is GEJ waiting for?
A kiss?
Expand that naval base,you dumb fucckk of a president.
you yrouba people self,expand our naval presence there for what?so you people are afraid of loosing your land but your kins man allow Bakassi.GEJ will be foolish if he tries that.

25 Likes

Re: Amosun Appeals To FG Over Oil-rich Tongeji Island by PaulJohn1: 2:53am On Sep 25, 2014
I just pray Mr. Jonathan doesn't start forming one cool big brother that's wanna be apprecited for being peace-loving by the "world bodies", when the French start to claim this said Island for their puppet, just like Obasanjo did.

Just tired of people of no pride, standard and diplomacy ruling this country. undecided
Leant our Eastern neighbour already have their eye on Obudu in Cross-River state.
May be our eye 'll open when we're just left with the the Atlantic.

12 Likes

Re: Amosun Appeals To FG Over Oil-rich Tongeji Island by Nobody: 3:55am On Sep 25, 2014
Johnnyessence: waoooo so Ogun too av oil reserve .
yeah, in Ogun waterside too.

8 Likes

Re: Amosun Appeals To FG Over Oil-rich Tongeji Island by Clone2020(m): 6:36am On Sep 25, 2014
Federal government always moves at a slow pace because of all the bureaucracy... If the states had the power and budget to develop the island, it would've been done a long time ago

5 Likes

Re: Amosun Appeals To FG Over Oil-rich Tongeji Island by justi4jesu(f): 6:36am On Sep 25, 2014
ok
Re: Amosun Appeals To FG Over Oil-rich Tongeji Island by kingzjay(m): 6:36am On Sep 25, 2014
Issorite
Re: Amosun Appeals To FG Over Oil-rich Tongeji Island by 01mcfadden(m): 6:36am On Sep 25, 2014
Nigeria is realy blessed.
Re: Amosun Appeals To FG Over Oil-rich Tongeji Island by Nobody: 6:36am On Sep 25, 2014
Bakassi come to mind. A stitch in time...
Re: Amosun Appeals To FG Over Oil-rich Tongeji Island by Iceking1(m): 6:37am On Sep 25, 2014
Amosun Amosun Amosun, hw many times are call u
Re: Amosun Appeals To FG Over Oil-rich Tongeji Island by Jarchi(m): 6:39am On Sep 25, 2014
I can only watch dem in. 6D
Re: Amosun Appeals To FG Over Oil-rich Tongeji Island by BlackPeni5: 6:40am On Sep 25, 2014
Shebi its a Yoruba man that allowed Bakassi to Cameroon. Now una want protect una own...Nigeria is truly divided.

6 Likes

Re: Amosun Appeals To FG Over Oil-rich Tongeji Island by ayusco85(m): 6:40am On Sep 25, 2014
They be talking oil money and acquiring more oil fields, u get to wonder what they even do with the oil money to affect the live of the common man......... *hiss*

Meanwhile: Girls Be Struggling To Fill A Page In Exams Hall, But Ask Them To List The Qualities They Want In A Guy, Dem Go Write Full Page.

4 Likes

Re: Amosun Appeals To FG Over Oil-rich Tongeji Island by yim(f): 6:42am On Sep 25, 2014
Energito: you yrouba people self,expand our naval presence there for what?so you people are afraid of loosing your land but your kins man allow Bakassi.GEJ will be foolish if he tries that.

What is this one saying? We are talking of marking our NIGERIAN territory, u are talking Yoruba people. Put on an objective mind (dat is putting it mildly)
Back to d topic, GEJ should pay good attention to dat place

37 Likes

Re: Amosun Appeals To FG Over Oil-rich Tongeji Island by danaiks(m): 6:42am On Sep 25, 2014
Oga jonah we are waiting for your response

1 Like

Re: Amosun Appeals To FG Over Oil-rich Tongeji Island by Naofficial: 6:43am On Sep 25, 2014
Good idea i must say.....
Re: Amosun Appeals To FG Over Oil-rich Tongeji Island by Amanwulu1(m): 6:46am On Sep 25, 2014
for those talking bakassi, d mistake has been made. Pls dis should not go d way bakassi went. We should stp playing a big broda wit issues like dis.

5 Likes

Re: Amosun Appeals To FG Over Oil-rich Tongeji Island by UnknownT: 6:47am On Sep 25, 2014
Na so nah
Re: Amosun Appeals To FG Over Oil-rich Tongeji Island by Energito: 6:48am On Sep 25, 2014
My friend pack well,Making our territory my foot but your foolish kins man allows other people territory.
yim:

What is this one saying? We are talking of marking our NIGERIAN territory, u are talking Yoruba people. Put on an objective mind (dat is putting it mildly)
Back to d topic, GEJ should pay good attention to dat place

7 Likes

Re: Amosun Appeals To FG Over Oil-rich Tongeji Island by harffie(m): 6:49am On Sep 25, 2014
Johnnyessence: waoooo so Ogun too av oil reserve .
Sir, Oil dey west t☺☺ o infact not only oil.....minerals dey like madt! There was a time I was reading a geographical textbook about minerals distribution in Nigeria....do u even know we have uranium in Nigeria?? Yes we do! But lack of good governance is a major problem!

5 Likes

Re: Amosun Appeals To FG Over Oil-rich Tongeji Island by manutdadex(m): 6:51am On Sep 25, 2014
to benin? Abeg amosun u self start somtin

1 Like

Re: Amosun Appeals To FG Over Oil-rich Tongeji Island by dridowu: 6:51am On Sep 25, 2014
A stitch in time saves nine.
Good Morning Nigerians

5 Likes

Re: Amosun Appeals To FG Over Oil-rich Tongeji Island by RockMaxi: 6:51am On Sep 25, 2014
Energito: My friend pack well,Making our territory my foot but your foolish kins man allows other people territory.

You should know better.
Re: Amosun Appeals To FG Over Oil-rich Tongeji Island by CashNaira96: 6:53am On Sep 25, 2014
GEJ is really busy now with his 2015 ambition undecided
Re: Amosun Appeals To FG Over Oil-rich Tongeji Island by F117A: 6:53am On Sep 25, 2014
Energito: you yrouba people self,expand our naval presence there for what?so you people are afraid of loosing your land but your kin's man allow Bakassi.GEJ will be foolish if he tries that.
And what were your senators and governors doing when bakassi was sold away.?
This governor is being proactive.
Don't vote for moronns in your state next time.
Btw,i am not yoruba.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amosun Appeals To FG Over Oil-rich Tongeji Island by Hafyz23(m): 6:56am On Sep 25, 2014
No worry my dear Nairalanders.....The Island is under my watch day-in day-out.Gud morning b4 I forget.
Re: Amosun Appeals To FG Over Oil-rich Tongeji Island by Akshow: 7:00am On Sep 25, 2014
Energito: you yrouba people self,expand our naval presence there for what?so you people are afraid of loosing your land but your kins man allow Bakassi.GEJ will be foolish if he tries that.

I've told u to stop smoking dry grass in d morning.

21 Likes

Re: Amosun Appeals To FG Over Oil-rich Tongeji Island by deeptechcool(m): 7:02am On Sep 25, 2014
Ogun is really blessed. In the nearest future, I see it displacing Lagos as the number one investment destination in the country if the government of the day sit up.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amosun Appeals To FG Over Oil-rich Tongeji Island by Energito: 7:03am On Sep 25, 2014
F117A: And what were your senators and governors doing when bakassi was sold away.?
This governor is being proactive.
Don't vote for moronns in your state next time.
Btw,i am not yoruba.
i dont if your are yoruba or not,like i said before GEJ will be foolish if he listen to this nonsense.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amosun Commissions 85 KWP Solar Hybrid Mini Grid (Photos) / President Buhari Attends Commonwealth Heads Of Government Meeting (Photos) / Declare Niger Delta Republic, Face Treason, Police Tell Avengers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.