Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,811 members, 7,827,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Totally Invisible: Body Paint That Makes You ‘ DISSAPEAR’ | PHOTOS - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Totally Invisible: Body Paint That Makes You ‘ DISSAPEAR’ | PHOTOS (2572 Views)

Amazing Make-up Effects That Makes Injuries Look Real (Photos) / New York Artist Creates 'art' That Is Invisible & Collectors Are Paying Millions / Liu Bolin, The "Invisible" Photographer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Totally Invisible: Body Paint That Makes You ‘ DISSAPEAR’ | PHOTOS by Obiomon: 8:36am On Sep 25, 2014
If you’re out and about on the streets of Britain this week
you might want to keep an eye on where you’re going to
avoid bumping into the invisible people that may be lining
its streets.
A body artist who has been making her subjects ‘disappear’
into famous landmarks. Trina Merry, 34, spends up to
eight hours painstakingly painting the bodies of models so
that they are almost invisible to the eye by blending them
into the backgrounds of familiar UK landmarks.
From traditional British sights like Stonehenge and
Westminster Abbey to 21st century vistas such as the
London Eye and the capital s modern metallic skyline.
Originally from the USA Trina started her body paintings
in New York last year, painting female subjects so that
they blended in with the city’s landmarks.
In NYC Trina had the law on her side as the city allows
people to strip off in public for the purpose of artistic
expression. However, she had to do some serious
negotiating with London police in order to complete her
work.
The authorities were not the only obstacle that Trina
faced as her work attracted fascinated crowds of
bystanders and hundreds of confused tourists who were all
keen to ask questions.
For Trina the process creates a new way of viewing people
in the cities they live in.
‘They’re softly in the background, and you’ve got more of
a reflective view of the person within the landscape.’
The process of creating each work requires great patience.
It is a carefully-planned ritual, which involves waiting
until there is no chance of rain which could wash off the
meticulously detailed designs.

Re: Totally Invisible: Body Paint That Makes You ‘ DISSAPEAR’ | PHOTOS by Obiomon: 8:40am On Sep 25, 2014
More .........

Re: Totally Invisible: Body Paint That Makes You ‘ DISSAPEAR’ | PHOTOS by Truth24(m): 8:42am On Sep 25, 2014
Won't they move from dat particular spot abi na statue dem be?
Mtcheeewww.... senseless and time wasting creativity
Re: Totally Invisible: Body Paint That Makes You ‘ DISSAPEAR’ | PHOTOS by yorex2011: 8:43am On Sep 25, 2014
shocked shocked she sabi o shocked
Re: Totally Invisible: Body Paint That Makes You ‘ DISSAPEAR’ | PHOTOS by Nobody: 8:47am On Sep 25, 2014
WOW!!! painful job though...for both the painter and the models
Re: Totally Invisible: Body Paint That Makes You ‘ DISSAPEAR’ | PHOTOS by godofwar666(m): 8:48am On Sep 25, 2014
@op nice research, @painter I'm imprissed but wait, no matter how invisible they are I will always spot them with my eyes
Re: Totally Invisible: Body Paint That Makes You ‘ DISSAPEAR’ | PHOTOS by Obiomon: 9:25am On Sep 25, 2014
Truth24: Won't they move from dat particular spot abi na statue dem be?
okay you do something better than this na ....... mtschew......... some people can talk nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Totally Invisible: Body Paint That Makes You ‘ DISSAPEAR’ | PHOTOS by yuncka: 9:26am On Sep 25, 2014
Truth24: Won't they move from dat particular spot abi na statue dem be?

at least she has gotten recognition to the xtent her so called 'senseless creativity' was used in Sherlock Holmes(a game of shadows) movie. What have Ur own sensible daftness afforded U?

1 Like

Re: Totally Invisible: Body Paint That Makes You ‘ DISSAPEAR’ | PHOTOS by Obiomon: 9:33am On Sep 25, 2014
yuncka:

at least she has gotten recognition to the xtent her so called 'senseless creativity' was used in Sherlock Holmes(a game of shadows) movie. What have Ur own sensible daftness afforded U?
abeg God go over bless you yuNcka

1 Like

Re: Totally Invisible: Body Paint That Makes You ‘ DISSAPEAR’ | PHOTOS by Onlinebizexpert(m): 9:46am On Sep 25, 2014
Wonderful
Re: Totally Invisible: Body Paint That Makes You ‘ DISSAPEAR’ | PHOTOS by Obiomon: 9:50am On Sep 25, 2014
I think this post is what front page grin
Oya moderator grin
Re: Totally Invisible: Body Paint That Makes You ‘ DISSAPEAR’ | PHOTOS by Truth24(m): 10:06am On Sep 25, 2014
yuncka:

If its used for a movie scene, fine then.... But imagine dis standing on a main road and expect not to be knocked down or something..... Mtcheeewww,So daft indeed.
Meanwhile guy respect urself ooo.... I will pretend I didn't see d last part of ur message
Re: Totally Invisible: Body Paint That Makes You ‘ DISSAPEAR’ | PHOTOS by Truth24(m): 10:30am On Sep 25, 2014
Obiomon: okay you do something better than this na ....... mtschew......... some people can talk nonsense!
U mumu.... wat can dis fetch u in Nigeria... Fool
Re: Totally Invisible: Body Paint That Makes You ‘ DISSAPEAR’ | PHOTOS by Obiomon: 10:43am On Sep 25, 2014
Truth24:
U mumu.... wat can dis fetch u in Nigeria... Fool
Re: Totally Invisible: Body Paint That Makes You ‘ DISSAPEAR’ | PHOTOS by yuncka: 11:04am On Sep 25, 2014
Truth24:
If its used for a movie scene, fine then.... But imagine dis standing on a main road and expect not to be knocked down or something..... Mtcheeewww,So daft indeed.
Meanwhile guy respect urself ooo.... I will pretend I didn't see d last part of ur message

U dnt deserv my respect for calling somone's career a senseless creativity.
let me ask again, WHAT HAVE UR SENSIBLE DAFTNESS AFFORDED U?
Re: Totally Invisible: Body Paint That Makes You ‘ DISSAPEAR’ | PHOTOS by Truth24(m): 11:12am On Sep 25, 2014
yuncka:

U slowpoke! Can u stand stark na'ked outside or on d main road to be decorated just to promote someone's else career? Sick you....Acid rains on u a day u choose to...
Re: Totally Invisible: Body Paint That Makes You ‘ DISSAPEAR’ | PHOTOS by Truth24(m): 11:17am On Sep 25, 2014
yuncka:

Atleast it has afforded me d ability to criticize senseless creativity and d fools dat appreciate 'em
Re: Totally Invisible: Body Paint That Makes You ‘ DISSAPEAR’ | PHOTOS by Obiomon: 11:37am On Sep 25, 2014
chai ! I open trend about art work na im una con De throw cause anyhow
Re: Totally Invisible: Body Paint That Makes You ‘ DISSAPEAR’ | PHOTOS by yuncka: 2:31pm On Sep 25, 2014
Truth24:
U slowpoke! Can u stand stark na'ked outside or on d main road to be decorated just to promote someone's else career? Sick you....Acid rains on u a day u choose to...

I pittyy Ur brain because dats d real definition of slowpoke. Pls dey dont go naked. Dey wear tin spandex dat cling to their skin. And again is only a dull block head like U dat wil stand in d rain wen it comes. Go to school, listen to Ur teacher and quit smokin paw paw leaf.
Re: Totally Invisible: Body Paint That Makes You ‘ DISSAPEAR’ | PHOTOS by yuncka: 2:34pm On Sep 25, 2014
Truth24:
Atleast it has afforded me d ability to criticize senseless creativity and d fools dat appreciate 'em

oh pls, dats nt an ability. If U cnt appreciate gud art and effort, Ur grey matter is seriosly disabled.
Re: Totally Invisible: Body Paint That Makes You ‘ DISSAPEAR’ | PHOTOS by Obiomon: 3:26pm On Sep 25, 2014
hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha

(1) (Reply)

Free Revit Architectural Training Video.. / Pray Without Ceasing / Teamleo's Beach Party Design:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.