Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,009 members, 7,821,544 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Lagos House Of Assembly Members Ask Fashola To Rename IDH After Adadevoh - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Lagos House Of Assembly Members Ask Fashola To Rename IDH After Adadevoh (21345 Views)

I'm Still Devastated - Late Dr Stella Adadevoh's Son Recounts Mum’s Last Moment / Nairaland Tribute To Dr Ameyo Adadevoh / Nairaland Members Ask For The IMMEDIATE ELECTION Of Moderators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Members Ask Fashola To Rename IDH After Adadevoh by Lilimax(f): 1:36pm On Sep 25, 2014
Very thoughtful of them smiley
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Members Ask Fashola To Rename IDH After Adadevoh by Lilimax(f): 1:44pm On Sep 25, 2014
Afam4eva:
I was gonna say this but wanted to be very careful in order not to incur the wrath of some people. With all due respect to the dead, i don't see how what this woman did is different from what was done by other doctors and nurses who sacrificed their lives to make sure th Liberian remained in the hospital. why pick her out of the lot?
She made every effort to confirm that Patrick Sawyer was suffering from Ebola. You remembered that Mr Sawyer initially denied having the disesase and moreso it was initially difficult to do the Ebola test in Nigeria being the first case in Nigeria. Dr Adadevoh ensured that the blood sample from Sawyer was sent to Unilag and later Senegal for further test.
If not for her firmness on her job, Patrick Sawyer would have escaped to Calabar and God knows what would have been the situation by now embarassed
I think she's worth immortalizing. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Members Ask Fashola To Rename IDH After Adadevoh by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 25, 2014
otijah: And after she did all that the man still distributed the disease. What about the poeple who worked very hard containing and eradicating the virus? Wht are their own compensation. Make them go sidon abeg

I have to be honest with you man... its almost as if making stu..pid comments is your calling, correct me if am wrong sha!!

4 Likes

Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Members Ask Fashola To Rename IDH After Adadevoh by trinidad(m): 1:50pm On Sep 25, 2014
This is more like it and I am sure her family will appreciate this gesture if it is eventually approved. I am also of the opinion that every other dead person that participated one way or the other in the treatment of the index case should be remembered. Any of them could have done what Adedavor did if he/she were in her position, who knows. We should appreciate their galantary and sacrifice. For example, Nurse Ejelonu was a newly employed nurse before she met her fate. As Dr. Adedavoh is remembered, I suggest probably some streets or garages in Lagos be named after our heroes and heroines. God Bless every Lagosian, God Bless Lagos State, God Bless Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Members Ask Fashola To Rename IDH After Adadevoh by MarieSucre(f): 1:52pm On Sep 25, 2014
A recognition coming too late. but a nice development.
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Members Ask Fashola To Rename IDH After Adadevoh by lastpage: 1:53pm On Sep 25, 2014
Just a few hours ago, l heard our President, "Dr" Ebele Jonathan, speaking at the UN Assembly!
He BOASTED that we have ERADICATED EBOLA COMPLETELY in Nigeria..... though he offered not ONE SINGLE EVIDENCE! shocked shocked shocked
Crazy, you will agree with me.... and he was just ridiculed all over major media.
I digress a lil'bit:
(By the way, why cant this man READ PREPARED TEXT FLUENTLY? Is he naturally a stammerer? He takes it two words at a time and that makes him sound like some jittery kindergarten trying his hands on his first A,B,C! Could it be that he needs a new reading glasses or maybe he needs to read the speech a few hundred times before facing the public. He does not appear PRESIDENTIAL at all, IMO, especially for the most populous black nation on earth. Abeg, stop embarrassing us joor!)

End digression!
As he was speaking, my mind went straight to this wonderful woman (if l was a Muslim, l would call her the first and only "real martyr"!) whom though a lowly human, l have elevated to the level of that one from heaven who laid down his life for all of us, so that we might live! Jesus the son of God.

Okay, am getting carried away each time l reflect on what this woman did.

otijah: And after she did all that the man still distributed the disease. What about the poeple who worked very hard containing and eradicating the virus? Wht are their own compensation. Make them go sidon abeg

I observed that a few people were talking about money for the family or whether she was the only one who made a sacrifice?.

I will say:
1.) A good name is better than riches; money will finish but immortalising someone's name like this, will live forever. I am not against financial compensation but you will agree with me that the "mentality of money first" as shown by some here, is borne out of our experiencing acute poverty and an uncertain future.
Even if her family were to be compensated financially by Govt, they should keep it under wraps.

BTW: What stops us, me and you from setting up a foundation for her children, in her name? They do it in other climes, contributing small-small amounts which end up into millions, from the sheer number of people involved. wink
That family in Liberia which got wiped out by Ebola would give almost anything to someone like Dr. Adedavo, to stay alive, l guess.

2.) Though other people contributed to clamping down on this Virus, but if we all agree that it was "Captain Sawyer" that brought it into our country, through Lagos, you only need to imagine the kind of Epidemic we would have had on our hands if this Ebony of a woman, did not "sacrifice her own life" just to ensure that we all can be here today, jabbing away at our Nairaland stuff!

Will President Jonathan be able to boast at the U.N today, if Patrick Sawyer was allowed to escape into Obalende or Idumota, just for One hour only, knowing how closely packed Lagos residents are? And its all down to this woman!
I tell you, we dont know what God did for us through this woman, yet!
Peruse videos and pictures of what is happening in Liberia, Guinea and Sierra Leone.

The loss is business, loss in lives, the lock-down, the uncertainty, the destruction of the economy, family breakdown, e.t.c... and it is still on-going!

Compare what she did with what that greedy slowpoke of a Doctor in Port Harcourt did (who for pecuniary gain, hid the infected patient in a Hotel and transferred it to his own family) ... and you will realize that this woman qualifies for a Nobel Prize for "selflessness"!

I second the call to name IDH after her. I hope in future, we can put her name on our currency as well.
Better than all those clowns being awarded GCON, OFN and other useless National Awards.
She went beyond the call of duty, as they say in the military!

As for other medical staff who died doing their work, they should also be remembered. Their name could be on a plaque in front of the same Hospital, like the 9/11 memorial park theme.

Lastpage!

Caveat: the above is just my personal opinion, if you have a better opinion, please state it without recourse to "foaming from both sides of the mouth" like a Rabid Dog! The floor is yours. undecided

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Members Ask Fashola To Rename IDH After Adadevoh by GowonAbacha: 1:55pm On Sep 25, 2014
Afam4eva:
I was gonna say this but wanted to be very careful in order not to incur the wrath of some people. With all due respect to the dead, i don't see how what this woman did is different from what was done by other doctors and nurses who sacrificed their lives to make sure th Liberian remained in the hospital. why pick her out of the lot?
That's what I can't understand my brother. There should be equity in the whatever they can do to reward these people.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Members Ask Fashola To Rename IDH After Adadevoh by Sunshinelady(f): 1:56pm On Sep 25, 2014
trinidad: This is more like it and I am sure her family will appreciate this gesture if it is eventually approved. I am also of the opinion that every other dead person that participated one way or the other in the treatment of the index case should be remembered. Any of them could have done what Adedavor did if he/she were in her position, who knows. We should appreciate their galantary and sacrifice. For example, Nurse Ejelonu was a newly employed nurse before she met her fate. As Dr. Adedavoh is remembered, I suggest probably some streets or garages in Lagos be named after our heroes and heroines. God Bless every Lagosian, God Bless Lagos State, God Bless Nigeria.
. Exactly my point, dey shuld commemorate dem all
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Members Ask Fashola To Rename IDH After Adadevoh by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 25, 2014
Others equally played important role but it was her emphatic decision to keep the mad man Sawyer in the Hospital despite the diplomatic and High Powered interference by ECOWAS BigWigs. If she had bugged in, I assure you that the Ebola would have been a outbreak in Nigeria.

A Honor well deserved
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Members Ask Fashola To Rename IDH After Adadevoh by hushmail: 1:57pm On Sep 25, 2014
seconded
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Members Ask Fashola To Rename IDH After Adadevoh by Afam4eva(m): 2:17pm On Sep 25, 2014
Lilimax: She made every effort to confirm that Patrick Sawyer was suffering from was Ebola. You remembered that Mr Sawyer initially denied suffering from Ebola and moreso it was initially difficult to do the Ebola test in Nigeria being the first case in Nigeria. Dr Adadevoh ensured that the blood sample from Sawyer was sent to Unilag and later Senegal for further test.
If not for her firmness on her job, Patrick Sawyer would have escaped to Calabar and God knows what would have been the situation by now embarassed
I think she's worth immortalizing. smiley
I'm not taking anything away from her. I'm only making a case for others that worked just as hard and some also died in the process. Don't they deserve to be immortalized as well. They sacrificed their lives to a course and i don't think anyone should be put ahead of the other. Some people would say it's because those other doctors and nurses are not from prominent backgrounds.
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Members Ask Fashola To Rename IDH After Adadevoh by tokjohn: 2:27pm On Sep 25, 2014
Osamame Igbinosa You won't believe what you will see. Watch and Share!
Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH8myBtiuAw&feature=share
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Members Ask Fashola To Rename IDH After Adadevoh by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 25, 2014
if they so wish.......#noneOfMyBusinessThou
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Members Ask Fashola To Rename IDH After Adadevoh by ijbeauty(f): 2:49pm On Sep 25, 2014
We thank her for what she did, but changing the name of the hospital is a no no, so when another hero emerges from the same Hospital they go change the name??

What about the nurses who worked with her which some have died, will their names be included too

Pls let us not be sentimental about this issue... If na so all the hospital for Naija for don change name since...
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Members Ask Fashola To Rename IDH After Adadevoh by Luminary1(f): 2:54pm On Sep 25, 2014
englishmart: Do they have to do all that? embarassed

Well, it's not my business

NONE OF UR BIZ,..... \

3 Likes

Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Members Ask Fashola To Rename IDH After Adadevoh by luvinhubby(m): 3:04pm On Sep 25, 2014
Good move,
but would have loved to have a national health institution named after her.
She more than deserves it though.
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Members Ask Fashola To Rename IDH After Adadevoh by Samiceman: 3:04pm On Sep 25, 2014
ibrews: u can suck my D!
gay alert!! Bro... Am sorry bro, I don't do such.....too many kids on nairaland these days
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Members Ask Fashola To Rename IDH After Adadevoh by kemthegirl(f): 3:08pm On Sep 25, 2014
GowonAbacha: A good idea but honestly, with all due respect to the dead, this woman is just too overrated. Comm'on many other doctors died and risked their lives in this fight.

to call her actions overrated is to undermine her contribution to the containment of Ebola in Nigeria which to my mind is being ungrateful.
her swift actions and professional stance in recent times is unprecedented and should be greeted with accolades.

1 Like

Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Members Ask Fashola To Rename IDH After Adadevoh by miqos02(m): 3:11pm On Sep 25, 2014
its worth it
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Members Ask Fashola To Rename IDH After Adadevoh by KingsJohnson(m): 3:14pm On Sep 25, 2014
Pls fellow Nairalanders do check out dis new job offer...

www.nairaland.com/1910503/need-good-sport-analyst-good
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Members Ask Fashola To Rename IDH After Adadevoh by bookiee(f): 3:24pm On Sep 25, 2014

Are suggestion they did wrong?
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Members Ask Fashola To Rename IDH After Adadevoh by GboyegaD(m): 3:25pm On Sep 25, 2014
Misplaced priorities. Was she the only one who fought to contain the virus? What about the others?
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Members Ask Fashola To Rename IDH After Adadevoh by bookiee(f): 3:25pm On Sep 25, 2014
lastpage: Just a few hours ago, l heard our President, "Dr" Ebele Jonathan, speaking at the UN Assembly!
He BOASTED that we have ERADICATED EBOLA COMPLETELY in Nigeria..... though he offered not ONE SINGLE EVIDENCE! shocked shocked shocked
Crazy, you will agree with me.... and he was just ridiculed all over major media.
I digress a lil'bit:
(By the way, why cant this man READ PREPARED TEXT FLUENTLY? Is he naturally a stammerer? He takes it two words at a time and that makes him sound like some jittery kindergarten trying his hands on his first A,B,C! Could it be that he needs a new reading glasses or maybe he needs to read the speech a few hundred times before facing the public. He does not appear PRESIDENTIAL at all, IMO, especially for the most populous black nation on earth. Abeg, stop embarrassing us joor!)

End digression!
As he was speaking, my mind went straight to this wonderful woman (if l was a Muslim, l would call her the first and only "real martyr"!) whom though a lowly human, l have elevated to the level of that one from heaven who laid down his life for all of us, so that we might live! Jesus the son of God.

Okay, am getting carried away each time l reflect on what this woman did.

I observed that a few people were talking about money for the family or whether she was the only one who made a sacrifice?.

I will say:
1.) A good name is better than riches; money will finish but immortalising someone's name like this, will live forever. I am not against financial compensation but you will agree with me that the "mentality of money first" as shown by some here, is borne out of our experiencing acute poverty and an uncertain future.
Even if her family were to be compensated financially by Govt, they should keep it under wraps.

BTW: What stops us, me and you from setting up a foundation for her children, in her name? They do it in other climes, contributing small-small amounts which end up into millions, from the sheer number of people involved. wink
That family in Liberia which got wiped out by Ebola would give almost anything to someone like Dr. Adedavo, to stay alive, l guess.

2.) Though other people contributed to clamping down on this Virus, but if we all agree that it was "Captain Sawyer" that brought it into our country, through Lagos, you only need to imagine the kind of Epidemic we would have had on our hands if this Ebony of a woman, did not "sacrifice her own life" just to ensure that we all can be here today, jabbing away at our Nairaland stuff!

Will President Jonathan be able to boast at the U.N today, if Patrick Sawyer was allowed to escape into Obalende or Idumota, just for One hour only, knowing how closely packed Lagos residents are? And its all down to this woman!
I tell you, we dont know what God did for us through this woman, yet!
Peruse videos and pictures of what is happening in Liberia, Guinea and Sierra Leone.

The loss is business, loss in lives, the lock-down, the uncertainty, the destruction of the economy, family breakdown, e.t.c... and it is still on-going!

Compare what she did with what that greedy slowpoke of a Doctor in Port Harcourt did (who for pecuniary gain, hid the infected patient in a Hotel and transferred it to his own family) ... and you will realize that this woman qualifies for a Nobel Prize for "selflessness"!

I second the call to name IDH after her. I hope in future, we can put her name on our currency as well.
Better than all those clowns being awarded GCON, OFN and other useless National Awards.
She went beyond the call of duty, as they say in the military!

As for other medical staff who died doing their work, they should also be remembered. Their name could be on a plaque in front of the same Hospital, like the 9/11 memorial park theme.

Lastpage!

Caveat: the above is just my personal opinion, if you have a better opinion, please state it without recourse to "foaming from both sides of the mouth" like a Rabid Dog! The floor is yours. undecided

You spoke well jare!

1 Like

Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Members Ask Fashola To Rename IDH After Adadevoh by ifycent2: 3:28pm On Sep 25, 2014
Airtel network is now working free browsing...
Chk my website: www.ictvpn.net
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Members Ask Fashola To Rename IDH After Adadevoh by IYANGBALI: 3:32pm On Sep 25, 2014
korel9: Na dat one the family wan chop? undecided
no be dat one dem go chop o,na ponmo fit dem to chop
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Members Ask Fashola To Rename IDH After Adadevoh by IYANGBALI: 3:36pm On Sep 25, 2014
GboyegaD: Misplaced priorities. Was she the only one who fought to contain the virus? What about the others?
no mind dem,no be only she waka come
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Members Ask Fashola To Rename IDH After Adadevoh by GboyegaD(m): 3:41pm On Sep 25, 2014
IYANGBALI: no mind dem,no be only she waka come

It goes a long way to show that our legislators do not know why they are there. There are many pressing issues that needs attention other than immortalizing her.
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Members Ask Fashola To Rename IDH After Adadevoh by Ghost01(m): 3:44pm On Sep 25, 2014
Nice move. And on the wall of the hospital should be a plaque with the names of the health workers that fell to Ebola in Lagos on it.
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Members Ask Fashola To Rename IDH After Adadevoh by juliebest(f): 3:48pm On Sep 25, 2014
Good decison by the lagos state house of assembly members, she deserves it.
Re: Lagos House Of Assembly Members Ask Fashola To Rename IDH After Adadevoh by moscobabs(m): 3:49pm On Sep 25, 2014
sirjohnson: Meanwhile, the photo & Video of Shekau when he was captured, before later killed surfaces online..See it Here
meanwhile your video and photo is fake and ur finding is meaningless

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Thunderstorm Kills 3 Kinsmen In Katsina / 7 Things To Attempt In 2017 / Punch Threatens To Sue Vanguard, Thisday & The Sun Over Fake Advert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.