Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,772 members, 7,955,952 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:29 PM

Why Recording Studios Should Be Free For Musicians - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Why Recording Studios Should Be Free For Musicians (610 Views)

Best Recording Studios On Mainland / Job VACANCIES For Musicians And Producers! / Listen To Beat Samples From Sweet Music Recording Studios For All Artists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Recording Studios Should Be Free For Musicians by chrisodiley: 3:03pm On Sep 25, 2014
Musicians are majorly the bread and butter of recording studio business. But yet, owners of recording studios almost worldwide does not acknowledge the truth behind their survival, that is, the efforts of the musicians who labour day and night to write their songs, struggle to raise funds to get their projects recorded, year in and year out. This article is not meant to disrespect studio owners, nor empathise with musicians per se. Am only of the view that musicians deserves more from recording studios managements. This matter should be looked at very critically because there's a very thin line between patronage, profits and business sustainability. To this effects, musicians deserves great deal of free recording studio sessions. Whereby, they maybe, only pay in-house producers, studio assistant services, and other very compulsory management/warfare arrangements during the course of production.

Reason being that as a producer running your own studio, you should see the studio facilities as your working tools which does not really necessarily needed to be billed heavily upon rather, see them as necessary working materials. Just like the mechanics or shop owners, or other professional service men and women. This is a fact that as a producer, the only thing that makes you qualify for your professional is that you really needed to have the studio to be able to do your work anyway.

Finally, billing artists for production fees is already enough so let all studio owners consider billing the studio facilities very much lesser or even free so that more and more artists can break the barrier between them and their recording ambitions. We love your comments. Peace.
Re: Why Recording Studios Should Be Free For Musicians by Mayydayy(m): 4:17pm On Sep 25, 2014
na your papa buy the studio equipments?can you imagine

1 Like

Re: Why Recording Studios Should Be Free For Musicians by chrisodiley: 10:39pm On Sep 25, 2014
Mayydayy: na your papa buy the studio equipments?can you imagine

Nna you harsh o. LOL. Like your comment still.

1 Like

Re: Why Recording Studios Should Be Free For Musicians by jamestinaqueen(f): 10:54pm On Sep 25, 2014
Pls guys don't be too harsh on d guy,everyone is free to say things depend on ones perspective...be cool en..if not I will cane u..
Re: Why Recording Studios Should Be Free For Musicians by chrisodiley: 9:00am On Sep 26, 2014
jamestinaqueen: Pls guys don't be too harsh on d guy,everyone is free to say things depend on ones perspective...be cool en..if not I will cane u..
Na I'm good for una sef. Since wey i kept quiet una bi think say na only una be writers n posters n commentators... lol
Re: Why Recording Studios Should Be Free For Musicians by johncozy(m): 12:11pm On Sep 26, 2014
Mayydayy: na your papa buy the studio equipments?can you imagine
abiiii ..one person use hin money set up studio, make you con de use am free of charge...
Re: Why Recording Studios Should Be Free For Musicians by Mayydayy(m): 12:39pm On Sep 26, 2014
jamestinaqueen: Pls guys don't be too harsh on d guy,everyone is free to say things depend on ones perspective...be cool en..if not I will cane u..

i hope yuo were not refering to me young woman undecided
Re: Why Recording Studios Should Be Free For Musicians by jamestinaqueen(f): 2:00pm On Sep 26, 2014
Yea,you...nd who told abi young girl hun? Me bi agbalagbi wey pass agbalagba greater dan agbalantan infact biger dan agbalamo...if u belittle again I will beat up,cut u into pieces and send u back to Jamaica....Chikena
Re: Why Recording Studios Should Be Free For Musicians by chrisodiley: 7:51pm On Sep 26, 2014
jamestinaqueen: Yea,you...nd who told abi young girl hun? Me bi agbalagbi wey pass agbalagba greater dan agbalantan infact biger dan agbalamo...if u belittle again I will beat up,cut u into pieces and send u back to Jamaica....Chikena

Hello all, my post requires meaningful and thought comments to benefit others. Not this kitchen stuffs u guys are sharing here. Please exit you you don't have any meaningful comments or discussions.

(1) (Reply)

Raquel – Cool Down Download (prod. Genius Selections) / Cobhams Asuquo - ORDINARY PEOPLE [official Video] / Banky W - MERCY [official Music Film]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.